Herk

ANSWERED:FIXED - Thanks TJ

On my scroll (and at least one other), the  'Filter By' and 'Sort By'  drop downs are not working. Typing the numbers into the address bar still works but that's kind of a hassle.

Edited by Herk

Neither of mine are working either. It worked fine yesterday.

They are working for me on Firefox, and on iE (but with those weird double arrows), but not on Chrome... If that's any help. Someone said Chrome had had an update that had messed with something else, come to think...

52 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They are working for me on Firefox, and on iE (but with those weird double arrows), but not on Chrome... If that's any help. Someone said Chrome had had an update that had messed with something else, come to think...

I hate updates.

I'm on Chrome as well, and it's not working either.  What are the manual addresses again?

Eggs/Unfrozen hatchlings: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,1,0

Unnamed: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,2,0

Available for breeding: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,3,0

Available for BSA: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,4,0

Ungrouped: https://dragcave.net/dragons/1,5,0

The first digit is the current page.

For the last digit:

0 is default sort

2 is sorting by name

4 is sorting by age

12 is sorting by breed

the filter menu isn't working for me either. i'm using chrome.

I can't access the main hamburger menu on the mobile site, either. Tapping it does nothing. 

ETA: This is on Chrome, on Android. 

Edited by Cinspawn

It really does seem to be chrome related.

I'm using Chrome on my Macbook and I don't have a problem with the filter drop down. What operating system are you guys using? 

What hasn't been working for me today is the 'Add to group' dropdown on a dragon's page. Instead of being able to add to a group from that page, it redirects me to the add to group page. The 'Add to group' button on my sort by ungrouped filter is greyed out and can't be clicked (see screenshot). I didn't upgrade my browser today, but this became an issue today. Is this similar to what you are experiencing with the filter drop down? Are you unable to click it to get the drop down to appear? 

I can do anything on firefox 59 (desktop PC, win 7) and pretty much nothing at all with any drop-down on Chrome 66).

But I CAN add to group on either.

Darn I only changed to Chrome because my beloved FF got mesed up so badly due to autoupdates that even de- and reinstalling didn't do the trick. Now my substitute browser is startig to play tricks?

:(

Well, I'm on Chrome and the drop down Filters don't work for me either.

I did notice something else though.

I can still add dragons to a group, but when I click the 'at to group' on the dragons view page, I get redirected to a different page, rather then the usually drop down menu to pick groups from (see screenshot below). And I have to say, I actually like it better. It gives a better overview of my groups to pick from ;) 

Naamloos.png.4bbd936785c9fc53c647ae28f19418ca.png

1 minute ago, OrcaFreak said:

Well, I'm on Chrome and the drop down Filters don't work for me either.

I did notice something else though.

I can still add dragons to a group, but when I click the 'at to group' on the dragons view page, I get redirected to a different page, rather then the usually drop down menu to pick groups from (see screenshot below). And I have to say, I actually like it better. It gives a better overview of my groups to pick from ;) 

Naamloos.png.4bbd936785c9fc53c647ae28f19418ca.png

You can always access this page from the dragon page - you just usually have the option to go to this page or to use the drop-down menu to choose your group. To get to this page from the dragon page, you can click 87u1Klv.png this symbol rather than the drop down menu and it will take you to the group add page for that particular dragon, as shown above in the screenshot. :)

I never knew that, I feel stupid now

Thanks for the tip :D 

23 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

You can always access this page from the dragon page - you just usually have the option to go to this page or to use the drop-down menu to choose your group. To get to this page from the dragon page, you can click 87u1Klv.png this symbol rather than the drop down menu and it will take you to the group add page for that particular dragon, as shown above in the screenshot. :)

That three bar thing is only on mobile, though.

I have no idea which browser my phone uses but I also cannot access the main menu drop-down today. It was fine yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That three bar thing is only on mobile, though.

Nope. Browser has it as well.

However, it works just like the text next to it: Either the script is running and you get a drop-down box, or it's not running and you get that page instead. Right-clicking and selecting "open link in new tab" also gets you that page.

That 3-bar symbol *used* to not have the script attached to it, but TJ fixed that quite a while ago.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. Browser has it as well.

However, it works just like the text next to it: Either the script is running and you get a drop-down box, or it's not running and you get that page instead. Right-clicking and selecting "open link in new tab" also gets you that page.

That 3-bar symbol *used* to not have the script attached to it, but TJ fixed that quite a while ago.

Ooh, I will have to check that when I get to a proper computer. Mind you, both of mine run Chrome as the browser so it might not work today..  :P

I have a similar issue with the main drop-down menu on the mobile site.   The one in the upper-left corner where you access the Account menu, etc.  It doesn't react at all when you click on it.😒

I'm using an Android phone.

Edited by jerzeeshadow

1 hour ago, Herk said:

Darn I only changed to Chrome because my beloved FF got mesed up so badly due to autoupdates that even de- and reinstalling didn't do the trick. Now my substitute browser is startig to play tricks?

:(

Psst. Pale Moon.

I can’t open the navigation bar on Safari in mobile (the bar that says Cave, Help, Dragons, Account, etc). This has been like this since last night.

Edited by Whirlaway

Fun times!  I will let TJ know about the shenanigans.

EDIT:  I am not able to replicate this on any browser.  Everything seems to be working fine on the 3 browsers I have (Chrome, FF, Edge (yuck!)).

For those with this issue, is it appearing on other sites?

Edited by LadyLyzar

I am using Chrome (same problem as Herk with Firefox) but I still seem to be able to use the dropdowns. Windows 10, if that matters.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am using Chrome (same problem as Herk with Firefox) but I still seem to be able to use the dropdowns. Windows 10, if that matters.

Possibly not the most current version of Chrome?

It's reassuring that I am not the only one having issues. Sorry for the people having issues too. :( 

I am also using Chrome (the most current version) on Windows 10. While I am able to use the Filter By and Sort By dropdowns for my main Dragons page, I am unable to use these dropdowns on my personal group pages. I have the issue with the Add to Group option being grayed out.