lulu_witch

ANSWERED:Suspicious Pop-up through DC (not from an advert)

I'm reporting this on behalf of two UDC Discord users, I didn't actually have this issue myself. 

Both got random pop-ups while browsing the site. The pop-up simply says 'Wow' and keeps appearing, although both users now report that the pop-up does seem to have stopped appearing at this time. This was definitely through DC and not an advert as you can see from the screenshots.

One person was using Chrome for Mobile and browsing the AP when the pop-up happened the first time. They then blocked pop-ups for DC but they persisted. 
The other was attempting to create an ND and got the pop up as an embed through AoND, they were on Desktop and using Chrome. They got the pop-up again after visiting DC itself.

These are screenshots provided by the users:
Screenshot_2018-05-15-09-38-06.pngScreenshot_2018-05-15-09-41-12.pngScreenshot_2018-05-15-09-38-54.png
Screen_Shot_2018-05-15_at_12.38.10_AM.png

I find this rather concerning, perhaps you could look into it? @TJ09

Edited by lulu_witch
Title clarification

1 minute ago, CursedFlames said:

TJ testing in prod? 🤔

maybe.gif

(Not actually though. Things are tiered, naturally)

@TJ09 Thank you for the clarification! We got a bit worried! Appreciate the quick response. (also, love the gif ;)

Just curious, why did only me and one other person experience it o_O. I thought someone was watching me make an ND and said "wow."  

It was presumably momentary !

16 minutes ago, Feesh said:

Just curious, why did only me and one other person experience it o_O. I thought someone was watching me make an ND and said "wow."  

Because we're wow, clearly. 🤷‍♀️