hazeh

Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery

Harry Potter: A Hogwarts Mystery is a mobile app game that came out in the past few months. It takes place before Harry Potter actually attends Hogwarts, and revolves around an original character whose brother was expelled for investigating/pursuing Cursed Vaults at Hogwarts. 

I'm currently in the middle of my second year in the game. It's interesting so far. It's not super crazy fun, more like something to pass the time, since a lot of it is time-based and you have to wait for your energy gauge to fill up before doing certain actions. I play a Ravenclaw named Daena Starblaze :) 

What do you guys think so far?

BTW, after you're doing with a certain activity or run out of energy and have to wait, don't close the app right away. I've discovered that sometimes your progress doesn't get saved to the server right away, so if you close before that, the game will revert your progress back to the last save point (and I have no idea how those are calculated). I recently completed a story quest, then when I opened my app back up to play again, discovered it had put me back to the beginning of the quest. I was so annoyed that I hit the wrong option by mistake and ended up costing Ravenclaw fifty house points 😧 I was so pissed! And you can't manually go back to a save point either. Just my luck that the game decided to save that one to the server instread... *sigh* 

I've been playing this game too, and like you hazeh I'm also in Ravenclaw! It's suuuuper time-based, and it's more of a slowly progressing story than a game, but I enjoy it nevertheless. I'm also in the middle of second year. It's fun to see the interactions with the familiar characters, but I'm not super into the story and wouldn't personally do the stuff my character does in the game, I would just focus on studying and feeling the Hogwarts atmosphere! :D 

54 minutes ago, hedy said:

I've been playing this game too, and like you hazeh I'm also in Ravenclaw! It's suuuuper time-based, and it's more of a slowly progressing story than a game, but I enjoy it nevertheless. I'm also in the middle of second year. It's fun to see the interactions with the familiar characters, but I'm not super into the story and wouldn't personally do the stuff my character does in the game, I would just focus on studying and feeling the Hogwarts atmosphere! :D 

Yeah, you're right, it's like an interactive story with choice-based consequences instead of an actual game :D I like the story so far. And I agree, I don't think I would do some of the stuff my character does. Also, I find that dueling being basically rock-paper-scissors pretty funny. 

And I loathe Snape more than I thought I ever would!

I hope that we get a chance to become an Animagus or get a Patronus. 

I love this game! I'm in Gryffindor and the storyline is impressive and a good way to pass the time! I love doing quests, attending lessons and developing friendships with some nice characters and it all creates a lovely story. :D I'm also bummed about the fact that I run out of energy really quickly and I have to wait what feels like a small eternity to finish a quest, but everything is so fun and I love it. :D

So, I'm in Slytherin, and honestly from the slytherin POV not much makes sense. It's kind of annoying how Snape still treats the player like crap even if we're in his house. In the books, any kind of slight the slytherins did in front of Snape was brushed off, why is our character so different? Also there's disappointingly little of Bill Weasley... That said I play to see him and Tonks  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a Hufflepuff and in 3rd year. I'm still pretty tired of "the main character gets blamed for everything".

I really can't wait for them to add cats because I really want one ❤️

Also, that's the reason you should play on stable wifi because it might not be able to save your progress.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:53 PM, Lovemegone said:

So, I'm in Slytherin, and honestly from the slytherin POV not much makes sense. It's kind of annoying how Snape still treats the player like crap even if we're in his house. In the books, any kind of slight the slytherins did in front of Snape was brushed off, why is our character so different? Also there's disappointingly little of Bill Weasley... That said I play to see him and Tonks  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a Gryffindor, but even so I agree that the plot hasn't really been adjusted too well for Slytherin house. I think they could have made it slightly better somehow.

As for pets, they are finally here! I really want to buy an owl, but I need 320 gems for that and I'm NOWHERE CLOSE to that number. :(

I got myself a tiny owl! He's so cute. I can't wait to buy the rest of the pets too! I just started fourth year and I'm liking the story very much. The new characters are really nice and the dialogue is usually pretty great!

After all this time I FINALLY saved up enough gems to purchase myself an owl! I love it, it's so cute!!! I've always wanted an owl and because I can't have one in real life this is as close as it gets. :wub:

I haven't played in a really long time, but I get notifications every once in a while that new events and things have been added. :D And we can have pets now? Rad! I hope rats are available... 

I went away from it for a bit and just went back to it a few weeks ago. I have a few issues where it freezes on the load screen, but I still love the story. I am a Gryffindor. 

Got back to it after a long time of not playing and I'm practically bombarded by limited time side quests and I want to complete all of them. Right now I'm playing the Festival Fun event that unlocks during the fifth year.

However, I'm super angry at myself because I misclicked and spent 55 gems on refilling the energy bar, the gems I was saving up for getting a cat as my second pet. Brilliant. :dry: