Peregryn

ANSWERED:Drop-down lists no longer working with Safari

As of a few days ago, various drop-down lists in the cave are no longer working with Safari 9.1.3 on my Mac, though they were working fine prior to that, and I haven't updated Safari recently.

For instance, on the "Your Dragons" page, none of the Filter By: options are working - I select one, and nothing happens.The drop-downs work okay in Firefox and Chrome, but I'd rather not have to switch to one of them just to use the drop-downs.

Has anything changed with the drop-down coding recently that might've caused this problem? Can anyone suggest a possible solution (other than switching browsers, of course)?

Thanks!

Stuff to check:

Is your browser accepting scripts from dragcave.net and dcave.net?

Is your internet security tool perchance filtering scripts?

A few people reported similar issues in this thread:

Even though mobile is mentioned in the title, the issues haven't been exclusive to mobile users and others have reported similar things in the TLQ thread. I do think something to do with the filter drop downs was edited, since mine visibly changed a few days ago and I didn't update my browser or anything. TJ is aware of the issue at least in the way its affecting mobile users, so hopefully that means he's looking into a universal fix for anyone experiencing the problem.

Fingers crossed whatever changes he makes fixes it for you, too! 

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Stuff to check:

Is your browser accepting scripts from dragcave.net and dcave.net?

Is your internet security tool perchance filtering scripts?

Thanks for offering the suggestions, but it is and it isn't, respectively.

7 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

A few people reported similar issues in this thread:

Even though mobile is mentioned in the title, the issues haven't been exclusive to mobile users and others have reported similar things in the TLQ thread. I do think something to do with the filter drop downs was edited, since mine visibly changed a few days ago and I didn't update my browser or anything. TJ is aware of the issue at least in the way its affecting mobile users, so hopefully that means he's looking into a universal fix for anyone experiencing the problem.

Fingers crossed whatever changes he makes fixes it for you, too! 

Agreed! Thanks for the info!

Could you try if another site skin has the same issues?

Ah, good. I hope this gets resolved soon. Every time I try to sort by Breed, it won't even do it at all. 

I notice that this affects Chrome , as well, if that is any new info... although, oddly enough, the drop down appears to still work on Firefox.

I don't NORMALLY USE Firefox, but I am for now due to this issue. Hoping it gets fixed soon!

Edited by JavaTigress

Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 10) has the same problem. Just to add to the diversity of browsers. ;)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Works on Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7....

They are working for me on Chrome - Windows 10. Can't try on Firefox because that is totally glitched out on my laptop.

Working fine for me as well, Chrome latest version, Windows 8.1

I use Windows 7 at work:

Internet explorer - drop down doesn't work

Chrome - Drop down works

Firefox - Drop down works

I use Windows 10 at home:

Internet explorer - drop down doesn't work

Edge - drop down doesn't work

Samsung Tab A

Chrome - Drop down works

Drop down on Explorer / Edge stopped working about 5 days ago.

Mine doesn't work either, I'm on an older version of Chrome cause of other add-ons.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

It's working for me on Windows 7 with latest Chrome. 

For the sake of testing I logged in to DC on Internet Explorer (which I haven't used in at least a year omg) and yup, drop-downs aren't working in IE. They also look strange, at least on my IE, there seems to be a double arrow?

eb58a2833fe94234f106baac29ad7640.png

Yet another reason to abandon iE :)

The drop-downs also work for me on Chrome but not on IE, where I've also got the strange double arrow thing that HeatherMarie mentioned.

Edit: Actually it looks like the drop-down problem on IE only happens with the default skin; the others seem to work fine for me.

Edited by Alectrona

Works for me on:

* Firefox 59

* Chrome 66

* Safari 11

On multiple site skins.

I've fixed an issue that I noticed in Edge and IE11, but I don't know if that's the same problem people using Chrome are seeing, since I can't reproduce that. If you are using Chrome, make sure you're using at least Chrome 65 (that is, one of the most recent two versions, as anything older than that is potentially outdated and maybe even insecure).

I'm still seeing the weird double-arrow on IE, but the drop-downs are working now (at least on IE 11). I haven't been able to reproduce any drop-down errors on Chrome either, but I have the latest version, it may just be older versions. 

Mine is working again,, too, thank you!

Thank you, TJ ! Drop downs at IE11 (Windows10) are working again (for me). The double-arrow mentioned by some is still there, but that's just looks now.