Eggy0

ANSWERED:Private Dragon Requests (Answered)

So at the moment, the Dragon Request section is closed to new requests (and it has been for quite a while, which is one of the factors for my hiatus/inactivity), which is a bummer for me since I've got an idea for a dragon besides the one I already have that I want to try working on and I can't even present it to the public due to the section's closure. But I've heard that until the section is reopened, it's possible to work on private dragon requests.

If I heard correctly and the private DR thing is true, then my question is how is this done? Do I e.g. work out all the sprites and contact an in-cave spriter for opinions (i.e. the equivalent of the final critiques for public requests) before contacting the admin, do I just get in touch with an in-cave spriter who walks me through all the way until the sprites are done, do I do something other than what I named? Or does it only entail working on a dragon a fair amount and then posting it in the DR section when/if it's reopened (thereby still in theory waiting for the section's reopening to post a DR)?

I've tried searching the Help forum via the forum search function but I haven't found many details, only a few mentions that DRs can be worked on in private (one of them also saying that the admin can be contacted once you're done with the dragon), so I'm asking for details that can be shared to clear my confusion. I hope this is an alright question to ask, I haven't been on in a long time and only recently returned to work on my only DR that sits in there (and I know I had another DR that had a sprite in progress but I have no idea what happened to it, last time I visited its forum link it gave me an error so I assume it was deleted for some reason).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eggy0
Changing the title to denote that the question has been answered!

On 5/5/2018 at 11:33 AM, Eggy0 said:

Do I e.g. work out all the sprites and contact an in-cave spriter for opinions (i.e. the equivalent of the final critiques for public requests) before contacting the admin, do I just get in touch with an in-cave spriter who walks me through all the way until the sprites are done, do I do something other than what I named? Or does it only entail working on a dragon a fair amount and then posting it in the DR section when/if it's reopened (thereby still in theory waiting for the section's reopening to post a DR)?

This is exactaly how you do a private dragon request. Sometimes if you want to have some help with it you can mention that you are looking for a partner on it in your signature. In future questions like this should be posted in the Tiny Little Questions thread.

9 hours ago, The_Impossible_Girl said:

This is exactaly how you do a private dragon request. Sometimes if you want to have some help with it you can mention that you are looking for a partner on it in your signature. In future questions like this should be posted in the Tiny Little Questions thread.

And this is where my confusion arises: which of the things I've named is the way a private dragon request is done? I've mentioned a few different ways and asked for other possible ones that I may not know about, and with your wording and what the quote contains I can't pinpoint the exact thing you're referring to :( Or are all of those ways valid (i.e. there's more than one way)? I'm just really confused about the details themselves, as in I have no idea what's the exact process behind private dragon requests if they're very different from public DRs.

Also, are you certain a question like this belongs in Tiny Little Questions? I thought that thread was for general quick-answer questions about the game itself, while my query concerned how private dragon requests work and what's the exact process behind them. Unless all the details about private dragon requests are indeed a tiny little question thing, in which case it seems I have a lot of catching up to do...

Thank you in any case, I hope this post makes more sense as I don't feel like my question has been answered quite yet. Even a little more elaboration of your reply may help :)

All of the ways you mentioned are valid - you can either make the sprites yourself, or ask another person(in-caver or not) to do the art, and send the sprites with the necessary information to TJ. Critique from in-cavers is not absolutely necessary as far as I know, but I would recommend it. As long as the art related to the dragons(sprites, sketches, etc) are not released in public where everyone can see them, it's a private request. It's an independent process; no in-cavers or mods will be there to help you along, unless you directly contact them yourself for some assistance. You make the descriptions, you(or another person) make the sprites, you send it to TJ. That's all there is. 'u'

And nah, I think posting this as a stand-alone help thread is fine. :)

24 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

All of the ways you mentioned are valid - you can either make the sprites yourself, or ask another person(in-caver or not) to do the art, and send the sprites with the necessary information to TJ. Critique from in-cavers is not absolutely necessary as far as I know, but I would recommend it. As long as the art related to the dragons(sprites, sketches, etc) are not released in public where everyone can see them, it's a private request. It's an independent process; no in-cavers or mods will be there to help you along, unless you directly contact them yourself for some assistance. You make the descriptions, you(or another person) make the sprites, you send it to TJ. That's all there is. 'u'

And nah, I think posting this as a stand-alone help thread is fine. :)

Thanks! This clears it up for me :)

Since this has been answered, a lock is welcome!

And critically - don't post the sprites ANYWHERE else, or it may never be released.

• AgreementWhen a dragon request is selected to be used in the cave, the artists are contacted to sign an Artist Agreement, a formality that ensures that proper permission is obtained before any art is used. You can preview a copy of the agreement here.By submitting art to this section, you agree to the following:
    • ExclusivityAll art submitted to Dragon Cave (posting to this section counts as "submitting") may not be submitted for usage or already in use on any other site, until it has been the art has been officially rejected for use on Dragon Cave. This includes, but is not limited to, other adoptables sites.
    •