Cinspawn

Can't remove tags & artist icon hidden on mobile

When I tag someone on the forums on mobile, I can't delete it after. 

@Cinspawn

^ I can't delete this with backspace. 

Also, artist icons are hidden behind the user avatar on mobile. They're very hard to see. 

Using Chrome on Android if it matters. 

Edited by Cinspawn

I logged on from my phone to test the tagging issue. The first time I pressed backspace, the tag wasn't deleted, but if I double pressed backspace then it deleted the tag. Give that a try and see if it works. I'm using an iphone, but it might still work for you. :) 

I see what you mean about the artists' palette icon, though. It's slightly obscured by the user's avatar.  This is something TJ might have to look into. 

Also the missing join date, perchance. Is it missing on mobile, too?

(Missing only in threads, not on the profile page)

@StormWizard212Nope, doesn't work for me :( I spam backspace, it doesn't work. I even tried selecting text around it and cutting it out, but the 'cut' option mysteriously disappears (only able to copy!) 

@Ruby Eyes I'm not sure where the join date would be in threads so I can't check for you. I do indeed see one on userprofiles. 

Used to be below the member's rank. I happen to have an old screenshot for the multiquote function (on computer though, not mobile).

newforummultiquote.png.5590c07c1a3b4d960bee61b5fde16b45.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

That info is not visible on mobile, but I couldn't tell you if it ever was visible. Mobile naturally shows less info (I can't see the post count either for example) 

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Used to be below the member's rank.

I noticed that we seem to be missing the join date since the forum upgrade. There seem to be a few glitches that have popped up as a result (such as the 'report' button going temporarily missing, which was reported in the TLQ thread.)

@Cinspawn did the backspace issue and the artist icon issue only appear after the forum upgrade this week, or did the problem predate the upgrade? 

@StormWizard212 I think the artist icon issue is since the forum update? I recall seeing them fine before.

I couldn't tell you about the backspace issue. 

Here's an example of the artist icon being partially hidden:

1129883049_Screenshot_20180523-02180901.thumb.png.a0902c6ddfd67eb52ef20bc25ac83d91.png

The effect is even worse on artists with longer usernames, making the icon barely visible. 

I noticed that some of the artist symbols show okay on mobile and some don't. It sort of gets annoying, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

I noticed that some of the artist symbols show okay on mobile and some don't. It sort of gets annoying, in my opinion.

Have you noticed any pattern for which ones show correctly and which don't? Can you provide a screenshot example of ones that do show correctly? 

36 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Have you noticed any pattern for which ones show correctly and which don't? Can you provide a screenshot example of ones that do show correctly? 

All on mobile (only Hazeh’s is not squished): 

3E1B9CF5-2AE5-4E47-921B-3A683BA96B2A.jpeg

1C9DD81D-39CA-4955-88E8-22277FFC93D7.jpeg

9E53C963-5B85-4564-BF6A-F0BEB5944A80.jpeg

Edited by Whirlaway

@Whirlaway I wonder if that has something to do with the long user group text pushing the palette icon further down, making it more visible. Even still, it doesn't show fully. I checked on my phone and the icon seems to show up better for mods than non-mods.

I know this isn't a solution, but for a temporary work around, the 'Invision Blue' theme shows the icons a lot better, since avatars are round and there's a bit more space. 

I now also sometimes can not delete tags on my computer. I have no idea what's causing it. If I try it now: @Cinspawn no problem, I can just type. But just a minute ago in the News discussion thread I can't type after the tag, I can't delete the tag, the only thing I can do is press enter before it and move it down or up. That's it. :( any suggestions?

Old thread, but I still have the same problem. I also noticed today that emoji have the same problem. 🍎 I'm having trouble putting my cursor after the apple (it's there, but it seems to float, and typing doesn't work) I have to use the keyboard keys to put my cursor back after the apple to continue typing.  

In lieu of a real solution, the way I get around this is highlighting the text around the tag, or highlighting the text before the tag and expanding past it so the selection inludes the tag, then deleting the whole area. This might not work if the tag is at the very end of the post.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:35 PM, Cinspawn said:

Old thread, but I still have the same problem. I also noticed today that emoji have the same problem. 🍎 I'm having trouble putting my cursor after the apple (it's there, but it seems to float, and typing doesn't work) I have to use the keyboard keys to put my cursor back after the apple to continue typing.  

This seems to work for now on pc? The issue doesn't seem to always be there though, so I'm not 100% sure yet if it's fixed.

I don't see the cut off artist badges on mobile any more but that's likely cause they seem to have been removed completely since the new update.

Today I had this problem:

G5belEQ.png

While typing a PM to someone on mobile, I wanted to erase my emoji - but it simply wouldn't let me. When I backspaced, it would stop backspacing once I reached the emoji (and if I recall correctly, even throw me out of the keyboard as if I have stopped editing a post).

I then tried to click on the emoji (giving it a border, as seen on the screenshot) and then using backspace. Whenever I did this, the word "span widget" appeared behind it. 😐 I have no idea what to make of this XD 

I use Chrome on mobile.

Edited by Cinspawn

I also seemingly need to use workarounds to remove tags, emojis or quotes when using my mobile device. In case of tags, just nothing happens when I press backspace, and pressing it twice doesn't change that. Emojis don't get removed by pressing backspace either, instead the emoji gets highlighted when I try and my keyboard disappears. When I try to delete a quote, "blockquote widget" gets inserted into my post. Highlighting something next to tags, quotes or emojis and then pressing backspace seems to work in most cases, but I have yet to find a way to delete a quote that has nothing in front of it using that method, and moving it so that something is in front of it is apparently not an option, or at least I so far couldn't manage to move a quote or emoji on my phone.