olympe

Suggestions regarding DR

21 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Now I am not an artist,myself,but it DOES seem to me that ONCE the actual work on a dragon concept and all the spriting and such are done,t here shouldn't be any reason it NEEDS to stay visible.

Check out the new sticky in DR. Completed Requests are hidden now. :)

I have a question, because I'm curious about it. If you remove a thread because I had 3 active threads, 2 now, were you supposed to PM me on the thread you got rid of? I'm just curious cause the only notification I got was through my email saying that it got moved when it got removed from the list

1 hour ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I have a question, because I'm curious about it. If you remove a thread because I had 3 active threads, 2 now, were you supposed to PM me on the thread you got rid of? I'm just curious cause the only notification I got was through my email saying that it got moved when it got removed from the list

The initial clearing saw no notifications go out. There were simply too many to do so. Going forward, removed threads will see a PM sent to the OP and artists unless the OP asked for it to be removed (we don't need to notify someone of a removal they asked for).

If you need information recovered from a removed thread, you can contact any help mod. =D

3 hours ago, Infinis said:

The initial clearing saw no notifications go out. There were simply too many to do so. Going forward, removed threads will see a PM sent to the OP and artists unless the OP asked for it to be removed (we don't need to notify someone of a removal they asked for).

If you need information recovered from a removed thread, you can contact any help mod. =D

Thanks!

Also, curious question about threads being split up, is the person allowed to have all of them open or something? I'm just asking because I *could* have reopened my Mockers since the art was done in the past 3 months and now I'm seeing one person having five different threads (I'm not mad, I'm just curious). @Infinis

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Question that idk how relevant it is, I'm just interested:

If a concept that is moved to Completed were to be uploaded to the site, would there be any notification/communication about it? Like when the decision has been made I presume the artists would be asked to sign the agreement and whatnot, but would the OP be notified, or would that just be a surprise for them when it's finally uploaded? Pure curiosity here, being an unartistic OP ^-^

4 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Question that idk how relevant it is, I'm just interested:

If a concept that is moved to Completed were to be uploaded to the site, would there be any notification/communication about it? Like when the decision has been made I presume the artists would be asked to sign the agreement and whatnot, but would the OP be notified, or would that just be a surprise for them when it's finally uploaded? Pure curiosity here, being an unartistic OP ^-^

In all of the previous iterations of the system, only the involved artists were notified. I don't see anything in the new setup that changes that status quo.

DR could definitely better handle the fact that artists are not the only interested parties, but that has not been addressed here.