igloo9201

The Indigo Clan | Nhiostrife Even-Gen | Charity Lineage!

🐍 Introduction 🐍

16982783828_602bcd9398_b.jpg

Welcome to the Indigo Clan breeding project. This lineage was created in honor of the Eastern Indigo Snake, a unique and federally threatened species native to the southeastern United States. Indigo snakes live in pine forests that need fire to grow and thrive and venomous snakes are their favorite food, making them a memorable icon of their fiery home. The breed used in this lineage is the Nhiostrife Wyvern, a dragon with a slender, snake-like body and scorching blue fire that perfectly represents indigo snakes.

We will be acting as conservationists, working to create a genetically diverse breeding population of our indigos. We will do this by creating as large of an even-gen lineage as we can through cooperation and teamwork, and we will also be going beyond symbolism - for every generation of this lineage, I and any other donors I can find will donate money to the Orianne Society, a group dedicated to saving Eastern Indigo Snakes, Gopher Tortoises, and other reptiles and amphibians! You can see their website here.

If you don't want to become a member but still want one of our lovely eggs, there is a waiting list that you can ask to be added to! The form is at the bottom of this post.

🐍How Will It Work? 🐍

When a species is threatened, capturing and breeding them can be a great way to help them recover. Genetic diversity is important as well, so we have to continuously collect new indigos from the wild to form productive breeding pairs and continue the bloodline. The more dragons we collect and breed, the more recognition and grants we will receive, which allows us to expand our operation.

The main line of indigos is owned and maintained by myself, so we will all be working together to breed a mate for our highest generation dragon. Our current generation can be found in our Clan Information post below.

Participating in the lineage will earn points. Points will increase the prestige of our breeding center and will also raise the reputation of whichever member is earning them through monthly leaderboards. Points can be earned by capturing CBs, breeding eggs, and releasing non-essential eggs. Non-essential eggs are eggs from pairs that have already produced at least one egg! This earns points because reintroducing our captive-bred dragons is an important part of species recovery, but also because it spreads the love of our lineage and is basically free advertising for the project!

For leaderboard purposes, the points will always go to the person who originally caught the CB/produced the egg, regardless of who gets it after that. Breeding non-essential eggs does not earn you breeding points, you can only get points from non-essential eggs by abandoning or gifting them.

This points system will lead to more prizes and fun opportunities as our breeding center expands due to all of our hard work being recognized by conservation funds.

• Capturing a CB: +3 points
  • Breeding an egg: 2 x Gen Number (Ex: a 2nd gen egg is worth 4 points, 3rd gen is worth 6, etc.)
  • Abandoning/Gifting a Non-Essential Egg: +1 point 

Remember that every team member is important. You do not have to breed high generations to participate. You can help in whatever way you want - you can strictly be someone who catches CBs for other people, you can breed a lot of 2nd gen eggs to distribute, you could decide that you’ll only breed up to a certain generation - all of it is helpful and ANYONE can become a member! There is no minimum level of involvement required to join. We will thank you if you give us one CB nhio egg.

🐍 Breeding Center 🐍

Our breeding center is where the entire main line of dragons is. Starting out with only a few basic amenities, the breeding center can be upgraded by earning points! As the center expands, new prizes and opportunities will become available. The breeding center is also where the main line of dragons is, so you can always send your dragons there by teleporting them to @igloo9201.

🐍 Rules 🐍

1. ALL dragons involved in the lineage must have the surname "Indigo." This means that if you find a nice PB Nhiostrife even gen in the AP, or have 2nd gen PB Nhios that you didn't breed, the dragon can't be used for the project. Every dragon in the lineage must be an Indigo. So if you already have an even gen or PB 2nd gens, you will have to rename the parents.You can name your dragons anything you like as long as the word Indigo is at the end!
  2. Each egg laid must be reported in the thread! Eggs must be reported, confirmed, and PMed to me in order to be bred into the main line!
  3. No killing, biting, freezing, abandoning, or earthquake Indigo eggs/hatchlings needed for the lineage. Once one egg has been bred and kept from each pair, you are free to abandon or trade Indigo eggs. I just want to avoid people setting back progress by abandoning/tradings eggs that could be used to further the lineage. Killing/biting/freezing/earthquaking is never allowed.
  4. No inbreeding.
  5. Feel free to collaborate with breeding in the thread! Discuss who should breed with who, etc.

🐍 Forms 🐍

I would like to join!

Username:

Scroll name:

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?:

I want an egg!

Preferred Generation:

Do you agree to not kill, abandon, bite, abandon, freeze, earthquake, or regift this egg?:

I would like to report an egg!

Generation:

Lineage Link:

I would like to send an egg to the breeding center!

Generation:

Lineage Link:

Have you PMed the teleport link?:

🐍 Personal Projects 🐍

Members of the lineage can now have their own personal breeding centers and side projects! These personal projects have their own set of rules, scoring, and pricing, which is all compiled below.

Click to open:

Spoiler

Information:

The lineage has made so much progress that each member can now work towards making their own breeding center! Your breeding center will be a post in the thread that will be linked in a directory within this post. You can decorate your center however you'd like! You can make your own personal hall of fame to show off Indigos you're proud of and show off your side projects! You must have your own breeding center to have side projects.

To open your own breeding center, fill out an application form. Once it's approved, your center will be under construction. You build your breeding center with points. Each breeding center requires 200 points to build. All you have to do is keep earning points as usual! They will still go toward the leaderboard and leveling for the main Breeding Center, but they will also be recorded in the Under Construction list. Like all other points, they will be calculated and added at the beginning of each new month.

Once you have a breeding center, you can start some side projects! For now, you can only make side projects with Nhiostrifes. This means that you could make spirals, stairsteps, or other patterns other than even-gens. You have to apply for each side project with its own form, though! The purpose of this is to give everyone some creative freedom, but it also helps spread awareness of the lineage. This also gives a new way to earn points for the main Breeding Center! Since the even-gen is the main priority, each side project egg will only gain 1 point, regardless of generation number.

Rules:

1.  Having the surname "Indigo" is still preferred. Exceptions can be made though! Any dragons you directly breed must have the Indigo surname.
  2.  Killing/Biting/Earthquaking/ND experiments are still discouraged! If you want to make a special project with vampires/zombies/NDs, it may be approved but please make special note of your intentions! Don't do these actions on a project unless you have explicitly been told it is allowed!
  3.  No Inbreeding!
  4.  Abandoning side project eggs is ALWAYS allowed. The only reason people can't abandon main line eggs is because it impedes progress. Your side projects don't affect the actual lineage, so go ham. Spread that Indigo love!
  5.  Feel free to collaborate! Just agree amongst yourselves whose breeding center the project is being listed on. People working together on a side project can split the application fee.
  6.  You MUST apply for a side project, pay its fee, and have it approved before your eggs count for lineage points!

Side Project Application Fees:

Each side project has a fee to be paid before it can officially get started. The price is, once again, points! There's a catch this time: unlike with breeding center construction, points you spend on side project applications will NOT count towards leaderboards or Breeding Center leveling/donations. As an alternative, you can pay part of the price by sending eggs to Igloo. For example, if a certain project's fee is 12 points, you could send Igloo 4 CB Nhios to pay your fee. You could also spend 6 points and send Igloo 2 CB Nhios. You can choose to cover the fee however you'd like.

If you want to spend points on a fee, just make a note of that on your egg report post!

Here are the prices:

• Spiral/Stairstep: 12 pts
  • Checkers/Even-Gens: 24 pts (AVAILABLE AT LVL 5)

Forms:

I would like to open a breeding center!

Breeding Center Name:

I would like to start a side project!

Breeding Center Link:

Project Pattern:

Breeds: (AVAILABLE AT LVL 5)

Fee Payment Plan:

Notes:

I would like to report a side project egg!

Egg Link:
Notes:

Edited by igloo9201

🐍 Current Members 🐍

Leader: @igloo9201

Members:

TheMysticFrog

Mnkn10

badakokkili

Dark_sama

camea42123

Eeveecat1248

ArcticMidnight

Homicida

Mremaknu

eye-of-newt-17

Zerhai

MadameM

Serotina

Kurokosworth

Haki

gayrurumon

Eainai

Lychnis

dracornithologist

Zonnedauw

🐍  Breeders List 🐍 

@igloo9201

@Mnkn10

@dark_sama

@camea42123

@ArcticMidnight

@Homicida

@Mremaknu

@Zerhai

@Serotina

@Kurokosworth

@Haki

@Lychnis

@dracornithologist

@Zonnedauw

🐍 Egg Waiting List 🐍 

N/A

🐍 Clan Information 🐍

Current Generation: 8

Donations Made to the Orianne Society: $22.50

Amount Owed: $20.18

Last Point Count Calculated for Donation: 595

Current Number of Members: 21

Databases:

Indigos that Need Mates

Milestones: 

Once we reach 8 generations, we will donate $10 per generation!

Once we reach 10 generations, we will donate $20 per generation!
Once we reach 15 generations, we will donate $35 per generation!

Once we reach 20 generations, we will donate $50 per generation!

Banners:

By Eeveecat1248: 

Indigo Project Banner.png

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/topic/182279-indigo-even-gen-charity-lineage][img=http://forums.dragcave.net/uploads/monthly_2018_07/1731571658_IndigoProjectBanner.png.22347145932fc01f6d08764128ae708b.png][/url]

Edited by igloo9201

🐍 Breeding Center 🐍

Level 5

You approach the land that the breeding center sits on. So far the clan lives in a valley between two mountains, and they have more space than they used to! Some of the dragons have moved into caves along the cliffsides. The breeding center is no longer a rickety shack, but a sturdy building.  A large sign with "Breeding Center" written in intricate blue lettering hangs above the door. Inside, Igloo has an office full of books, scrolls, and quills for her recordkeeping.  Next to the breeding center, a large garden full of potato plants is tended to by many Harvest Dragons - the Nhios must have access to their favorite snack at all times! You can see many of the serpentine dragons lounging around, or even soaring through the air to impress a potential mate! Things seem to be going well.

Current Perks:
We have enough resources now to give the #1 player on the monthly leaderboard a BSA egg OR hatchling of their choice! We will also give a BSA egg to the #2 player

$0.05 will be donated to the Orianne Society for every point the lineage earns.

We will now have personal Breeding Centers and side projects! Omg hecc!

Side projects can now include breeds other than Nhiostrifes!!

Next Level: Level 6

Perks: Each point earned by the lineage will earn $0.10 for the Orianne Society!

October Leaderboard:

1. Eainai (12 pts)

(Igloo's Points: 0)

Personal Breeding Centers

Directory & Construction

Click to open Personal Breeding Centers:

Spoiler

Centers Under Construction:

Frozen Pine Conservation Center (igloo9201)

133/200pts

The Indigo Hall of Fame

Notable Indigos & Milestones

Click to open Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

First pair to ever be bred for the lineage: Zaffre (https://dragcave.net/lineage/ISTqd) X Silver Night (https://dragcave.net/lineage/lLQcB) | Both caught 2014

First of Each Generation: 

2nd: Celeste 50th In (https://dragcave.net/lineage/lLQcB) | Egg Laid 6/18/2014

Her name included "50th In" because she was the 50th Nhiostrife to have the surname "Indigo." This was before groups were available on DC, so I kept track of how many Nhios I had, and specifically how many Indigos I had as a separate count, by recording every single Nhio egg I got. This was also before we had a group lineage. When I bred these dragons, I had no idea they would someday be part of such a huge project!

3rd: Butterscotch (https://dragcave.net/lineage/oSLTZ) | Egg Laid 5/2/2016

Butterscotch's father, Blue Raspberry, is one of the Indigos I remember from childhood. The name was inspired by my love of blue raspberry candy. 
The name "Butterscotch" is so cute to me that it always made me smile when I saw her on my breeding sheet.

4th: Pixie (https://dragcave.net/lineage/VuUzg) | Egg Laid 8/30/2016

I had a feeling that Pixie was our first fourth gen!! I remember how excited I was when I got her egg. Back then, the project had just started. A fourth gen felt like such a HUGE accomplishment back then that I was so proud of Pixie. She'll always be special to me. Her name is Pixie because she's in the Blue Raspberry candy line via her mom, Butterscotch - her name is a reference to Pixie Stix.

5th: Zahkrii (https://dragcave.net/lineage/i0m4L) | Egg Laid 2/5/2017

I believe that Zahkrii was the highest generation dragon we had when the Indigo Clan became an actual public group lineage! So he is our proper starter dragon. Pixie is his mom! His name translates to "finite killing" in Dovahzul, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I just thought the words sounded cool together.

6th: Chari (https://dragcave.net/lineage/7PVyz) | Egg Laid 6/27/2018

Zahkrii's son! I have no idea why I named him Chari. Sometimes I give them really random names when I run out of ideas.

7th: Lucky (https://dragcave.net/lineage/LR4ok) | Egg Laid 11/4/2018

Reaching this milestone was insane! I was so excited about it that I named him Lucky. I think it was half because I felt lucky to have him, and half because I hoped he'd bring more luck to the project. He'll always be one of my favorite dragons.

8th: Shila (https://dragcave.net/lineage/rjhGu) | Egg Laid 4/2/2021

Our current highest generation, Shila. Every time I look at her lineage I feel completely floored. She has a lot of other lineage members' dragons as her ancestors. The 8th generation is the first one that just boggles me every time I look at it. 

Oddballs: 

I enjoy mass breeding/abandoning Indigos from time to time, and sometimes those lost Indigos end up being vamped or neglected! So I've hunted down all the oddballs and listed them here because I think it's cool.

Vampires from 4/24/2020 Massbreed:

ge03a (https://dragcave.net/lineage/ge03a)

vQCu7 (https://dragcave.net/lineage/vQCu7)

8vIlt (https://dragcave.net/lineage/8vIlt

Here There Risen (https://dragcave.net/lineage/nl75P

iiKge (https://dragcave.net/view/iiKge)

8SPWp (https://dragcave.net/lineage/8SPWp)

XWylu (https://dragcave.net/lineage/XWylu)

Neglected: Go Ahead Walk It Off (https://dragcave.net/lineage/Haw0j) | Egg Laid 9/23/2022

This one happened very recently. I bred the egg without realizing that I was egglocked, so the egg auto-abandoned. 💔 I was very sad and kept an eye on the AP to see if I could get it back, with no luck. I was very surprised when I saw that it became a ND!

Vampire: 8RpGU (https://dragcave.net/lineage/8RpGU) | Egg Laid 11/23/22

This baby was bred for the 2022 Stuff The AP Challenge, which I bred and released 60+ Nhios for.

Edited by igloo9201

I would like to join!

Username: Mnkn10

Scroll name: Mnkn10

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: Yes

Accepted, Mnkn10!

EDIT: I just went through my Indigos and I have enough pairs to make another 5 gen. It will take me a while to plan it out and prepare it but we're set up to make progress at least! I have some CB nhio eggs right now, if anyone wants to take them so I can focus on breeding, just let me know.

Edited by igloo9201

On 29/04/2018 at 9:43 AM, igloo9201 said:

EDIT: I just went through my Indigos and I have enough pairs to make another 5 gen. It will take me a while to plan it out and prepare it but we're set up to make progress at least! I have some CB nhio eggs right now, if anyone wants to take them so I can focus on breeding, just let me know.

Could you send me one?

2 hours ago, Mnkn10 said:

Could you send me one?

I PMed you the teleport link! I also had some eggs hatch today so I should be free to do a fair bit of breeding.

I would like to join!

Username: MelanieMartin

Scroll name: MelanieMartin

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: No

On 4/30/2018 at 9:02 PM, MelanieMartin said:

I would like to join!

Username: MelanieMartin

Scroll name: MelanieMartin

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: No

Accepted! Welcome to the clan!

EDIT: I currently have quite a few CB eggs so again, if anyone wants them, feel free to let me know and I'll send them over so I can keep catching more!

Edited by igloo9201

I would like to join!

Username: dark_sama

Scroll name: xxXxDark_samaxXxx

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: yes

(This looks fun, and I love that its for a good cause!)

Glad to see us all making some progress! Congrats to Melanie on your first egg! Dark_sama has been added to the members list as well.

I'm only a few weeks away from getting a 6th gen egg, so that's exciting as well! I'm also working on a fourth gen that I will probably give to a member of the lineage.

Edited by igloo9201

Small update (idk if double posting is still not allowed for updates?), I'm really close to having another 5th gen egg but my pair hasn't bred for two weeks haha, hopefully I'll be able to get a 6th gen soon!

I would like to report an egg!

Generation: 2

Lineage Link: Click

(I wanted to have more to report, but my dragons are being stubborn about laying eggs, haha)

I love that you guys are making progress! Don't worry about being slow, stubborn wyverns are something I'm really familiar with.

Dark_Sama, the names you gave your dragons are really cute, but I ask that you rename them so "Indigo" is at the end of their names! See rule #1. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, I just want the names to be consistent.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, igloo9201 said:

I love that you guys are making progress! Don't worry about being slow, stubborn wyverns are something I'm really familiar with.

Dark_Sama, the names you gave your dragons are really cute, but I ask that you rename them so "Indigo" is at the end of their names! See rule #1. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, I just want the names to be consistent.

I was giving them place-holder names and meant to go back and rename them, sorry about that! ^^;

We Have Reached A New Generation!

Generation: 6

Link: 7PVyz

I will now update the Clan News post!

Edited by igloo9201

I would like to join!

Username: camea42123

Scroll name: camea42123

Do you want to breed on request for non-members?: Sure :)

I added Camea to the Members list!

I also edited rule #3. Let me know if the rule is still unclear/confusing and I'll try to make it better.

Edited by igloo9201