MaeTM

Black line in lineage view

I don't have a black line and also not seeing that picture about ads. I'm using chrome and paying to remove ads.

My guess is that the line belong to the pic?

It looks like the line is just where the graphic for the top part of the scroll ends, maybe you're seeing a gap between the top part of the scroll and the rest of the scroll?

Here is one of my dragons with normal background:

5adf1465665c4_Screenshot-2018-4-24Lineage(CzBSB).png.66e3f96b02ebc1acb86af923f23637c4.png

And here is the same dragon with the "top part of the scroll" graphic removed:

5adf146da15dd_Screenshot-2018-4-24Lineage(CzBSB)(1).png.0610b84739231330bbf858b4f8f5235e.png

@dustpuppy that is indeed the case, I checked with the HTML as well. The weird thing is that I've never seen it this way - It just started today :S

Did you perchance zoom in or out? That sometimes causes the layout to hiccup.

Or clear cache and refresh - maybe the top part didn't load completely.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Did you perchance zoom in or out? That sometimes causes the layout to hiccup.

Or clear cache and refresh - maybe the top part didn't load completely.

I did no zooming and clearing cache did not help :unsure:

Had you just updated Chrome by any chance when this issue occurred? It's odd that it just happened suddenly and hasn't gone away. If you hadn't just updated, are there any updates available now? An update (whether there is one available now or whenever it next comes) might reset whatever the issue is. 

I'm not getting this in chrome or any other browser - I do get something similar occasionally on any cave page, but a refresh fixes it.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not getting this in chrome or any other browser - I do get something similar occasionally on any cave page, but a refresh fixes it.

I only see it in Chrome...

On 5/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, StormWizard212 said:

Had you just updated Chrome by any chance when this issue occurred? It's odd that it just happened suddenly and hasn't gone away. If you hadn't just updated, are there any updates available now? An update (whether there is one available now or whenever it next comes) might reset whatever the issue is

Chrome actually updated in May, but I've had this issue since April 😕

The line actually disappear when I keep the page at 80% zooming (which is tiny on my screen) so this issue has to do with how DC handles zooming, I suppose? 

I use a 1920 x 1080 resolution, in case that helps.

25 minutes ago, MaeTM said:

I only see it in Chrome...

Chrome actually updated in May, but I've had this issue since April 😕

The line actually disappear when I keep the page at 80% zooming (which is tiny on my screen) so this issue has to do with how DC handles zooming, I suppose? 

I use a 1920 x 1080 resolution, in case that helps.

I recently got a new gaming laptop and found that 80% was what was necessary to keep layouts from glitching and pixel art from blurring. I believe it has to do with how high pixel density displays handle certain things.

I always have mine at 100% and haven't had any issues, however I just experimented and I *am* seeing that black line at 90%, 110%, and 150% (also 50% and 250%). The other zoom percentages don't seem to be affected, at least on my browser.

8 hours ago, PieMaster said:

I recently got a new gaming laptop and found that 80% was what was necessary to keep layouts from glitching and pixel art from blurring. I believe it has to do with how high pixel density displays handle certain things.

Maybe yeah. But this glitch only appeared recently, and I have no issue with any other website. Looks like we pinpointed the root of the problem anyway... I still hope my lineage view can be reverted back to how it was - with no funny lines :P

8 hours ago, PieMaster said:

DC should handle pixel art correctly on retina screens, so you're probably better at 100% 😐

The mysterious black line appeared for me. It's NOT adblock, it's NOT cookies, hard refresh doesn't help and  zooming seems to help in either direction. So all the same boxes ticked as @MaeTM

It appears on lineage view in Chrome on my desktop.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Edited by Herk

11 minutes ago, Herk said:

The mysterious black line appeared for me. It's NOT adblock, it's NOT cookies and  zooming seems t help. So all the same boxes ticked as the rest.

It appears on lineage view in Chrome on my desktop.

Does the rest still have the problem?

I'm on Chrome and have a 1920 x 1080 monitor resolution. Whether or not the line appears for me seems to depend on what site skin is in use: for example, i'm getting a couple lines on the Default skin at certain magnifications but none on the St. Patricks Day skin (which I usually use.) The line seems to only cross at certain magnifications but always at a set point (straight through that Purple Nebula's poor head as seen in the screenshots below.)

image.png.129b3e0086f1617e2b168922434430cc.png - 50%

image.png.5bfa9da283ef90af090008ccf7c397ea.png 90%

image.png.53cec6e338c89b06f34b0410f7d6d4c2.png - 100% - normal resolution for me

image.png.0dd172d5caf4a2adfcbb748f370f399c.png 110%

image.png.2fe147a58b95325904089252a63dd048.png  150%

I'd recommend either a change in site skin or a change in the magnification you use on site.

Edited by lovecats99

I'd rather keep the line than changing the default skin (not a fan of the other ones) or look at blurry/tiny dragons in the lineage view :S

I still have this issue - there are tricks to temporarily solve it (thanks lovecats for them) but I'd really like to see this graphic glitch solved anyhow.

4 minutes ago, MaeTM said:

I'd rather keep the line than changing the default skin (not a fan of the other ones) or look at blurry/tiny dragons in the lineage view :S

I still have this issue - there are tricks to temporarily solve it (thanks lovecats for them) but I'd really like to see this graphic glitch solved anyhow.

If it works correctly at 100% zoom, then I don't really consider this an issue to be fixed, per se. If you're telling your browser to try to take pixel things and scale them by non-whole-number (e.g. 1.1x), I'm not surprised there's rounding errors.

12 hours ago, TJ09 said:

If it works correctly at 100% zoom, then I don't really consider this an issue to be fixed, per se. If you're telling your browser to try to take pixel things and scale them by non-whole-number (e.g. 1.1x), I'm not surprised there's rounding errors.

But I AM using my browser at 100% zoom, and that is when I see the line. It disappears at 110% or 80% on my laptop - and I AM considering this an issue since it was never like that before. 

Just as an info - have you already decided to leave this glitch be? 

1 hour ago, MaeTM said:

But I AM using my browser at 100% zoom, and that is when I see the line. It disappears at 110% or 80% on my laptop - and I AM considering this an issue since it was never like that before. 

Just as an info - have you already decided to leave this glitch be? 

Has anything changed with your computer recently? You mention you are using Chrome, I don't see the line at 100% on Chrome on my laptop computer. Did you get a new computer, or change the display settings or something? Many other people are using Chrome and *not* seeing the line at 100%, so it might be helpful to pinpoint exactly what variables are at play here. 

Just to clarify - the line shows at 100% for me too.

And the only thing that 'changed' is that I cleared my cache a couple of days earlier.

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anything changed with your computer recently? You mention you are using Chrome, I don't see the line at 100% on Chrome on my laptop computer. Did you get a new computer, or change the display settings or something? Many other people are using Chrome and *not* seeing the line at 100%, so it might be helpful to pinpoint exactly what variables are at play here. 

Same computer and same resolution as before. I mentioned my resolution above, the main difference could be that I am using a 150% scaling on my display (which is a default one, btw, and is in fact supported by every other website I use).

9 minutes ago, MaeTM said:

Same computer and same resolution as before. I mentioned my resolution above, the main difference could be that I am using a 150% scaling on my display (which is a default one, btw, and is in fact supported by every other website I use).

100% browser zoom at 150% display zoom is still 150% zoom. The problem is that when things line up pixel-perfect, at 150% that becomes a weird half-pixel boundary that could go either way, and whatever math your browser is doing decides the wrong way.

There's not too much I can do about that, but I'll definitely see how much I can avoid things that require pixel-level accuracy in the future.