TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

Wow boths of these breeds are absolutely STUNNING! Tatterdrakes have a whole lot of character and edge, and the Red-tails are beautiful, sly creatures that I cannot stop admiring. Well done and thank you TJ, Infinis and TCA, truly a magnificent release!

*squeeeeee!* Adults are here!! Yaaayyyy! I really like the Tatterdrake, I love that it looks so completely different then any other drake in the cave. I like the hatchling's pose but I wasn't too sure about the colors, but I really really like them on the adult. 

The pygmy is absolutely gorgeous. I really like that it looks like a small cousin to the Xenos, and I love the coloring. I see people saying it's too big, and it definitely looks bigger then many of the other pygmies but it's not abnormally big... It's 50 pixels wide, and the Nilia's body (body, not counting wings) is 65 wide. The Seawyrm is also 50 wide, although that includes the wings. I think this guy seems bigger simply because it's whole sprite is body, instead of having to make room for wings too.

The adults look amazing! I love the ripped wings on the Tatterdrakes and the Red-Tailed Wyrms might be my new fav pygmy dragons :) 

The pygmies are interesting but, as always, the pygmies are limited by the size of their sprites and, for me, the size limitation only makes it so I can't truly love any pygmy. Though for pygmies these guys are pretty neat I love wyrms, okay?

I think it'd be funny to breed the red-tailed wyrm with a pumpkin pigmy... Just imagine the tiny thing trying to constrict a whole pumpkin!

Lovely dragons, both of them! :D Thank you, TJ and spriters!
(I've just realized one of TJ's is a Z!)

Edited by Lagie

They're both such beautiful sprites! Love em! I'm so happy there's a pygmy wyrm <3

I'm glad people like my red-tailed hawk/red-tailed boa noodles. Excuse me while I try to name one some variation of Tobias.

These are stunning! Beautiful work once again spriters! ^_^ It's so wonderful to see your artistic brain-flowers formed in color and collectible here. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, TCA said:

I'm glad people like my red-tailed hawk/red-tailed boa noodles. Excuse me while I try to name one some variation of Tobias.

Who doesn't love a pocket noodle?  :P  In fact, I managed to get that as a name for one of mine - along with "Pot  Noodle" and "Not Poodle".

2 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

The fact that Red-Tailed Wyrms are a pygmy breed kind is kinda disappointing. I mean, mints are small with small sprites, but they aren't considered a pygmy... it doesn't really look like it would breed with the other pygmy breeds we already have - rather it looks like it belongs with the xenos, but that's not an option. Maybe when we have more wyrm pygmy dragons in the future I'll feel differently, but for now I can't see any lineage I would use it for.

The Tatterdrake is AMAZING, I'm in love. Gotta get some Morphodrakes... It took me a second to figure out what the pose was but after I figured it out it was perfect.

Thanks to the spriters for two awesome additions, can't wait to get to some Tattermorph lineages <3

Mints're "small" for gigantic megafauna, and pygmies are roughly cat-sized. They're not really comparable sizes.

Besides, nonstandard breeds can't get more variety without people making them. I don't think reacting negatively to new releases that are different is a great idea considering that it discourages other off the beaten path releases in the smaller breed categories, which aggravates the core issue people have with those categories.

Oh gosh. It wasn't a rag on them existing! It was just disappointment because I don't have anything to breed with them. I'd love to breed them with xenos, because that's how they look, so that was the disappointment.

I want more variety. Never said I didn't... And I'm not quite sure where you got that from because I even said in my post in the future I hope we get more pygmy wyrms to pair with them :blink:

Oh wow, the Tatterdrakes! :D Love the name, love the concept, and the sprites look so fierce! :wub:

Both new breeds are so spiky and I like that! I'm especially fond of the Red-Tailed Wyrms - what a great release. :)

Oh, I adore the Red-Tailed Wyrms! They're such little cuties! The Tatterdrakes are awesome, too! Thank you so much, TCA and Infinis, for such a neat release!

Both of these dudes are rad B) I don't usually collect many pygmies or drakes, but I'm going bananas for these two. Love them! 

2 hours ago, TCA said:

Nooooiiice. Love a good bird reference.

Does this mean that there is yet another type of zombie now? (I think this is our first Pygmy Wyrm…)

Finally a Drake and Pygmy Release, too bad, that there is still such a minuscule stock to even create a nice even gen containing all breeds (10 Drakes and 10 Pygmies (not including Dusk Pygmies)) ^^ more Drakes and Pygmies are always appreciated *thumbs up*