TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

They are still fairly easy to get, I've actually seen them sitting in the biomes for multiple refreshes (probably because most people are egg-locked right now).

Oh yeah I just noticed that. :D

Darn! Second release for me to miss by literal hours, and just like the last release I've only been able to catch one breed. It upsets me so much that I can be only a few hours late and the release is already over. Why cant we do 24 hour drops? I would have been able to get all the dragons if we had 24 hour drops.

And wouldn't you know it? 5 minutes after posting this I get a pygmy egg! :P

Edited by Cecona

8 minutes ago, Cecona said:

Darn! Second release for me to miss by literal hours, and just like the last release I've only been able to catch one breed. It upsets me so much that I can be only a few hours late and the release is already over. Why cant we do 24 hour drops? I would have been able to get all the dragons if we had 24 hour drops.

It's not a few hours late, they were released almost 24 hours ago now (unless you got there hours ago but only now posted). And we used to have 24-hour or longer drops and there was tons of complaining. There will be tons of complaining no matter how the drops are handled. I would like to see perhaps a 12-hour flood, though, that would be an okay compromise. The majority of people don't work, go to school, or sleep for 12 straight hours, so a 12-hour drop would account for all of those things.

I'm starting to realize that I need more Pinks for Influence. I didn't use to use Influence all that often except with new releases so I'd have even genders to start out with, but now that I'm rapidly reaching scroll-goals with many commons that have dimorphism I'm using Influence a lot more. I have enough for my new releases thankfully, but I'll have to be careful about what breeds I pick up until some of them come off cooldown. 

Oh hey, it looks like the cracking sequences for both new species have been fixed! Thanks, TJ!

Edited by songwithnosoul

*raises from the dead saying that I love these worms (pygmies??) and will cherish them*

"Drat, now I must be patient and wait since I didn't get any eggs during the flood... Hopefully they're still spawning."

"Edit: I was able to collect three reds and one green. Made the mistake of picking up another egg but, oh well."

Edited by Wingweeper
Update

Nice to see that the eggs cracking sequence got fixed.

They still seem to be dropping fairly consistently, I caught my 4th drake about an hour ago and just now caught my 4th pygmy and neither was all that difficult to get. It does seem that they don't show up much in-between the 5 minute drops, even when the eggs do move because someone picks something up, but I see plenty of them on the 5-minute marks.

Yeah, these eggs aren't impossible to find. I see them stay in the five minutes quite a bit actually.

People should have hatchlings now! My first three have hatched, two drakes and one pygmy. So excited!

Dang, I somehow missed seeing this drop... I swear I checked it in the last two days. Hmph. Well I hope I'll be able to get them eventually.

I'm so excited that mine have started hatching! :D So far I have four of the drakes and five of the pygmies. ^_^ Now I'm locked for a few more hours before I'll be able to grab more. 

24 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

Dang, I somehow missed seeing this drop... I swear I checked it in the last two days. Hmph. Well I hope I'll be able to get them eventually.

The new eggs pop up reliably on the five minute and hour drops. Just look in the Desert, Forest and Jungle and you should be able to grab the new eggs.

I missed this drop and the last by a day or so, but it wasn't too hard to get most of the eggs I wanted. Not as easy as it is in the beginning but not impossible either. I am not great at catching eggs, I don't have the reflexes for it. I'm also on DC time, and I never stay up to midnight to try and catch eggs. I always wait til I get up in the morning. It is always easy to get them then, six or so hours after the drop starts. I don't know why people think that those in the DC time zone have some advantage. I'm sure it works for some people, but it also works for some people in different time zones. It is easier to get up early IMO than to stay up many hours late. There is no drop time that would make everyone happy.

42 minutes ago, annageckos said:

I missed this drop and the last by a day or so, but it wasn't too hard to get most of the eggs I wanted. Not as easy as it is in the beginning but not impossible either. I am not great at catching eggs, I don't have the reflexes for it. I'm also on DC time, and I never stay up to midnight to try and catch eggs. I always wait til I get up in the morning. It is always easy to get them then, six or so hours after the drop starts. I don't know why people think that those in the DC time zone have some advantage. I'm sure it works for some people, but it also works for some people in different time zones. It is easier to get up early IMO than to stay up many hours late. There is no drop time that would make everyone happy.

Totally agree--much, much easier to catch them 6 hours later or so than right at first.

I am getting hatchies now and have picked up replacement eggs. They are still relatively frequent in the 5 minute drops and I had no trouble getting more.

Thanks again to TJ for this "small" drop and to TCA for the tiny little wyrm and Infinis for the drake. I can't wait to see the adults.

My thoughts on the name for the pygmy -- Red-tailed, since it says in its hatchie description that the end of its tail is a bright red.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

My thoughts on the name for the pygmy -- Red-tailed, since it says in its hatchie description that the end of its tail is a bright red.

I was thinking the same. :D I guess we'll see soon! My eggs are also beginning to hatch so I'm grabbing some replacements now. Can't wait to see the adults!

I had no idea Infinis was the one who did the drakes... gosh I'm even more excited for them now. They're going to be gorgeous.

Just picked up a pair of each. Don't have any pinks to influence so hopefully they'll gender right otherwise I'll have to recatch or trade. Super excited to see what the adults look like :D 

Still 20 hours until TJ's draggies grow up. *is impatient!* 

Reflex-clicked an Ice last night while trying to get another drake (no, I have no clue how I did that when they don't even drop in the same biomes, I guess I clicked the wrong biome?). I'll attempt to trade it, but I don't want that spot tied up forever so I may just end up gifting it... Dunno. I'm not sure about picking up more of the new ones at this point, since I really do prefer breds.... I was poking around my Pygmy and Drake groups and realizing that I have almost *no* messy-lineaged pygmies or drakes. It's sad, because it's really rather hard to make or find messies of restricted-breeding breeds, since there is such a limited amount of breeding options for them. .... I may have to make that a project. 

I had a stubborn new-pygmy that wouldn't hatch last night, it was down to 3 days 23 hours, and I was sooo tired. I Warded it just in case and left it unfogged and in hatcheries while I went to bed... And it's fine! Yay! I get so paranoid about letting eggs hatch when I'm not around, with all the viewbombing issues the last 6 months or so.

Anyone need help catching eggs? Come on down to New Release Gifting Force!

We have catchers on standby read to catch and gift to you as long as you have none of the new dragons yet!

Oh dear...I haven't been at my pc in days...and it seems I've completely missed this release lol. Wow...time to get to work now that it's going to be much harder to find these little guys. XD

Got my hatchies at dinnertime UK (7 hours ago) and got my second set quite easily.

Just been and looked at my scroll and thank goodness I did - six out of eight eggs sick due to viewbombers.  All fogged now.

Be wary people!

Any name guesses?

The pygmies may be Red- something. Red-tailed Pygmy Wyrm (à la Magelight Pygmy Wyvern)? Red-tipped? Red-frilled? Just Red? There are plenty of possibilities other than Red. Regal? Ribbed? Repulsive? Ribbon? Rhubarb Pygmy would be cute.

Tenebrous Drake is my first guess. Or Tar? Tektite? Temperamental? Tempestuous? Mmm, Tasty Drake...