TJ09

2018-04-22 - April Dragon Release

The more I look at them, the more I like them. This is such a cool release, if only a small one. :lol:

I don't care much for Drakes in general, but I really like the Pygmy hatchie!

Edited by Gluria

The timezones and timing problem can be solved in only one way: make 24h long floods.

And make the biomes without new breeds drop regularly as if there was no release. Works in another game I know, which has 3 days floods. Never heard about anybody complaining.

Edited by MhKhu

6 hours ago, jostensminyard said:

I managed two snatch two pygmies and two drakes yesterday !! 

And in terms of next month, which specific date is related to the birthday and what’s going to happen ? (sorry if this isn’t the place to ask such questions)

The next release should be on the 21st. As for whats going to happen, definitely a new release but other things such as changes (e.g. those introduced in 2016) may also be added to celebrate dragcave's 12th birthday. :) 

I swear every time I have a full weekend of work is the weekend there's a new release! Luckily I was able to grab two of each pretty quickly. I'm loving the sprites so far, can't wait to see what they look like as adults! 

The pygmies look as if they'll be really lovely! They almost look like Western-style pygmies. I hope they are! We need some!

I'm glad to have more drakes and pygmies! Thanks TJ and spriters, I'm looking forward to seeing the adults. ^_^

16 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Considering you dont know if he is going to release or not (its not a gaurentee?) It just makes sense to wake up early if you even think there may be a release? I mean jeeze waking up at 5 and checking for a release is probably better than going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 5am and the release already being mixed! At least you'll be hunting on full sleep.

Also releases are usually 12am est. If it is a monthly guarentee set an alarm each friday and saturday night to wake up and check at 5am...common sense ;p Why would TJ put a release in during the middle of the cave day just to please a smallminority of users at the cost of alienating what is likely a large amount of users?

On the contrary, it's much easier to be around at 10pm to check for releases, than to get up at 5am for releases.  Common sense, really. 

Caught 5 greens and two pygmies and am happily locked! I'm glad they're fairly easy to catch, I missed the initial drop.

2 hours ago, MhKhu said:

The timezones and timing problem can be solved in only one way: make 24h long floods.

And make the biomes without new breeds drop regularly as if there was no release. Works in another game I know, which has 3 days floods. Never heard about anybody complaining.

I very much doubt that would solve things... We used to have that actually, there used to be floods of new releases that lasted at *least* 24 hours, often longer. There was tons of complaining because people wanted to hunt the biomes regularly and couldn't. It might help a little if the other breeds dropped normally in other biomes, but there would still be tons of complaining because there are many dragons that are specific to one biome, so whatever biomes had the new release those older dragons in that biome would become unobtainable for that time and people don't like that at all. As I said before, it's pretty much impossible to please everyone, every possible way to do a new release will inconvenience some people in some way or another.

The other issue with really long floods is the ratios... The 'ratios' are very much a secret/mysterious thing, we don't know exactly how they work, but we do know from experience that when too many of a breed is created within a short amount of time it will suddenly become very, very, *very* rare and hard to get. Which means that anyone who came in after that 24 hour flood would have very little chance of getting any of the new breeds at all, as opposed to now where they have been mixed in for awhile but are still relatively easy to get.

For some reason I had it in my head that TJ's hatchlings would be close to growing up by now.... Nope. Almost two full days left. Dang. *pokes time to go faster*

edit: Had an egg hatch so I was able to grab a 3rd new drake... On my very first click. They still seem plenty easy to get.

Edited by HeatherMarie
typo

I'm glad that I'm just in time for the newest release! Already got at least 1 of the two new breeds. Last release was a struggle because it was really hard to get the florets D:

I really love pygmies and hope we get more in the future <3

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Does anyone have eggs that are to the cracking stage yet?

My Pygmy eggs must be cracking because they're all showing fog sprites right now despite not being fogged. (The Drake eggs are showing normal first-stage cracks.)

Just got my 4 Drakes and 3 Pygmies! Hopefully the last Pygmy I need won't be too hard to find in a couple days!

1 hour ago, songwithnosoul said:

My Pygmy eggs must be cracking because they're all showing fog sprites right now despite not being fogged. (The Drake eggs are showing normal first-stage cracks.)

Actually, the cracks on the Drake eggs look a little too big. The second stage crack covers almost the entire egg. It looks like they have the regular-sized egg cracking sequence applied rather than the Drake one.

My eggs have reached stage 1. Kinda wish the fog would get fixed so they don't accidentally get removed from hatcheries for being fogged.

14 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

My eggs have reached stage 1. Kinda wish the fog would get fixed so they don't accidentally get removed from hatcheries for being fogged.

I don't think that could happen. I tried that with one of my own "fogged" Pygmy eggs in Silvi's and the site registered it as an egg, not a fogged dragon, and didn't remove it from the site. Whatever code hatcheries use to tell the difference between a fogged dragon and an unfogged one can tell that the cracked Pygmy eggs aren't fogged and won't remove them.

Edit: in other news, my Drake eggs have reached a third-stage crack and yep, they're definitely showing the regular-sized egg cracking sequence. The crack is now slightly bigger than the egg itself.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Technically they aren’t fogged in that they can’t get views just a fog since apparently the cracking sequences were bugged/non-existent.

Wow, I missed a release. Why you do this, finals?? Can't find a single egg in the biomes now...

Oh oops I missed the released but at least it's still pretty easy to get the eggs. So far I got two drakes and one pygmy, they look awesome! ^-^

Edited by ShadowNinjaGhost

9 minutes ago, ShadowNinjaGhost said:

Aw darn I missed this release. ;-;

They are still fairly easy to get, I've actually seen them sitting in the biomes for multiple refreshes (probably because most people are egg-locked right now).