Eluin Gentry

ANSWERED:Impossible breeding result

I bred a CB bright pink to a messy lineage gold as a throw away egg. About once a week I do this just for people who might want messy lineages eggs that I don't. The egg came out regular pink. I've never seen the game glitch before. If I put those mates together again, will it happen again? Or was this a once in a lifetime thing?

It's actually not a glitch - Arias (bright pinks) do breed regular pinks sometimes. This is a holdover from the time when bright pinks were retired and only produced regular pinks - a lot of lineages were created in that time which might be impossible to continue if this behaviour vanished altogether. :)

(Here's a link to an Aria-parent pink I bred recently: Zagah)

Edited by pinkgothic

13 minutes ago, Eluin Gentry said:

I bred a CB bright pink to a messy lineage gold as a throw away egg. About once a week I do this just for people who might want messy lineages eggs that I don't. The egg came out regular pink. I've never seen the game glitch before. If I put those mates together again, will it happen again? Or was this a once in a lifetime thing?

It's not a glitch. It's intended but rare behaviour. As long as Arias were retired they ONLY produced new (regular) Pinks. And to give people the opportunity to continue lineages like that they have a small chance to still do so.

:ph34r:'d

Example  example 2  Most of my Aria pairs have one to 3 regular Pink babies like this

Edited by Herk

(Sorry, doublepost due to forum UI screwing with me.)

Edited by pinkgothic

Thank you. I had no idea it worked like that. Now I have some new breeding projects to work on too. It might take a while but I'm already picturing beautiful things