hippocamus

Bite inverted mint

I got one given to me last year, because I collect things "vamped" even if the trait does not get passed along. its enough to me that I know. I actually don't think I asked for it (I don't remember and generally I am not inclined to ask, not in a situation where its such a one off chance.) On a side note, I also have a Neglected Vampire. or a vampire that became neglected. (bite linage is gone, but I know who did the work)

Edited by Starscream

12 hours ago, Alisyn said:

I don't think it's fair at all to shame people for how they want to play the game as long as they're not breaking any rules. Some people want to "harm" (vamp, zombie, neglect, kill, etc.) rare eggs, others want to make messy lineages with them (I've seen a cb prize bred mostly to messy mates), while still others freeze them. Just because most people prefer clean/perfect lineages and don't understand why others would "harm" rare eggs doesn't mean that their way of playing is the "right" way and those who play otherwise don't deserve nice eggs/should give them to people who would "better appreciate" them.

I'm not shaming them - absolutely everyone has the right to do as they want with their stuff. I just cannot myself imagine being able to do such a thing to an egg which may never be available again (we have no idea...).

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not shaming them - absolutely everyone has the right to do as they want with their stuff. I just cannot myself imagine being able to do such a thing to an egg which may never be available again (we have no idea...).

Agreed, I don't see that saying you don't UNDERSTAND is the same as shaming anyone, necessarily.

AS @Fuzzbucket said, I cannot see MYSELF doing something to an egg that might NOT be able to be replaced. *shrugs* I don't see that as 'shaming'.

And I love experiments ))

For example, I want
1. On the last day of Halloween (November 2) in the last hour to catch 8 eggs.
2. Keep them in the fog 7 days and 15 minutes prior to the death of all hatched. (9 November)
3. Hit them with Stun, and again covered with fog, let him die. (17 November)
4. After 2 weeks try to resurrect. I hope some of the hatchlings will rise again. (1 December)
5. At the end 2 more days to put in Reanimator and grow to adulthood. (3 December).

Not interested if: halloween dragon, matured on 3 December?!

Edited by hippocamus

3 hours ago, Alisyn said:

I didn't want to name anyone explicitly, but my post wasn't directed primarily at you, @Fuzzbucket.

Well, it was pretty obvious you were referring to me, even before you said this, so just let me clarify.

People are indeed free to do whatever they want with their own eggs. If someone has rares like a CB prize (or more than one, since that can happen), CB female Holly, CB Hybrid, black Sweetlings, 2G spriter's alt-kin, or heck, even their own spriter's alts, and they choose to Vamp, Neglect, Zombify, or even straight up kill them, that's their choice and they can do whatever they want. But if they announce something like that on the forums, that doesn't mean there won't be those of us who will express astonishment and disappointment that they have chosen to do so. Fair enough? I think as long as no one is being extremely rude and calling names, we shouldn't be "shamed" for expressing our feelings as well.

But to the OP, just in case you thought my response was rude, I'll say that wasn't my intent. I was just sympathizing with the people out there who don't have upside-down Mints, because I know how stressful it was trying to get one. Your Halloween revival idea, while a bit crazy, sounds like an interesting project too, if for nothing but making people do a double-take when they look at the dates your dragons grew up.

17 hours ago, Starscream said:

I got one given to me last year, because I collect things "vamped" even if the trait does not get passed along. its enough to me that I know. I actually don't think I asked for it (I don't remember and generally I am not inclined to ask, not in a situation where its such a one off chance.) On a side note, I also have a Neglected Vampire. or a vampire that became neglected. (bite linage is gone, but I know who did the work)

If you know the the name or code of the Vamp who bit the Neggie originally, you can still see it in the Vamp's bite progeny: https://dragcave.net/vampire-progeny/ThePM

23 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

When I think of all the stress I went through before I got my Fool Mint this year, seeing this thread just makes me cringe. Somebody else who didn't get one would have really loved to have it, and now it's dead. Such is life in DC, I suppose... rolleyes.gif

This section of your post in particular is what provoked my response because it implies that the OP should have given it away rather than bite it because they didn't love it (in your view) as much as someone else would have who wouldn't have "harmed" it, even though you say that people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their dragon. 

25 minutes ago, Alisyn said:

This section of your post in particular is what provoked my response because it implies that the OP should have given it away rather than bite it because they didn't love it (in your view) as much as someone else would have who wouldn't have "harmed" it, even though you say that people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their dragon. 

Okay, I guess that was a little harsh, so point taken. But even though I believe people can do whatever they want with their dragons, that doesn't mean I think they have a right to be completely free from others expressing frustration or negative feelings about it either.

However, there is already plenty of drama on DC as it is, and these Mints have caused a lot of it themselves, so I'm not looking to cause more by starting an argument. I'll back down and go hang around with people who want to do fun upside-down Mint lineages, and try to refrain from criticizing the people who enjoy experimenting with rares.

Just now, Starscream said:

the original vamp is part of the neg's name.

That works, then.  :)

I agree that people are entitled to share their opinions and frustrations, @Spiteful_Crow. That's why there's the other thread for "shaming" dragons that don't breed the desired baby and there are discussions (sometimes very heated) on things like retiring alt sweetlings or such.

I'm sure you didn't mean to personally attack/criticize the OP with your comments that came out of frustration, but I'm personally also not very careful with my words sometimes so I try to be more observant of them with both myself and others. ^^

If I upset you in any way, I would also like to apologize. My intent was not to create drama, but to avoid the thread from degenerating into people discussing how they don't understand the OP's decision and possibly making them feel bad about it.