hippocamus

Bite inverted mint

No... Why would you even WANT to try that? ._.

On 2018-03-31 at 2:09 PM, Starscream said:

I have one, but it was given to me as a vampire.

Obviously somebody succeeded last year.

"Hmm, I am quite curious of what the result would be, but I believe the eggs position would be righted since it would turn into a Vampire egg."

It depends on whether biting an egg simply replaces the image (keeping any style aspects intact) or whether it replaces the entire line of HTML coding for the image (which would remove the inversion).

30ww8pl.png 

^^the only thing inverting the egg is the "transform: scaleY(-1)" bit.

I have a feeling the egg won't remain flipped, but we'll never know unless someone tries ;) 

I want to try, but my vampires in cooldown, and to send egg to someone is impossible.
I would urgently get the vampire hatchi, less than 5 days left.
Then return the same, or for IOU gold or silver CB.

I'd be willing to give it a shot but I don't have a vampire and my egg hatches in 5 hours--let's hope someone else is mad enough to risk sacrificing their Fool's mint! 

9 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Pretty sure some people bit theirs last year, and ones that turned became normal Vamps.

Yes, you're right. Just had a search through that thread and everyone who mentioned biting their upside-downs said it became a normal vampire. Mystery solved, I guess! 

If "reversion" is a flag on database (such "frozen", "been resurrected") - it must saved.

While you're there, why don't you try neglecting, too? XD

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

While you're there, why don't you try neglecting, too? XD

Now that you mention it.....not a bad idea........I mean, what could possibly go wrong.....

1 hour ago, hippocamus said:

If "reversion" is a flag on database (such "frozen", "been resurrected") - it must saved.

I'm not sure what you mean :huh:

29 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Yeah, my friend tried that. The inverted mint turned into a normal vampire.

Normal CB vampire with "Location: Cave" and birthday April 1 - is not simple vampire, heh!

I'm afraid that that's the risk that comes with Vampires. Don't feel too disappointed, though. If previous years have told us so, April Fools 2019 might spell the of the return upside-down Mints, again. :) 

Edited by lovecats99
i can english sometimes

1 hour ago, hippocamus said:

It's terrible (((

5ac4bb249ef80_04-04-2018144450.png.3d157b777197bad2d1e04d66a36ce545.png5ac4bb2808798_04-04-2018144544.png.e4ccef2dba37d3536b692944ee8bcc60.png5ac4bb2b43609_04-04-2018144601.png.a00d586cab531221d769e4b8a5dccd39.png

I'm sorry the egg got killed :(

I can breed you offspring of my Upside down mint x Cave biome Mint if you want.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

Especially after finding out the Vampires would just be "normal" ones anyway, minus the "cave" biome thing?

I mean, I guess people are free to do whatever they want with their own dragons, but I'll never understand those who want to Vamp, Neglect, or Zombify really rare dragons. When I think of all the stress I went through before I got my Fool Mint this year, seeing this thread just makes me cringe. Somebody else who didn't get one would have really loved to have it, and now it's dead. Such is life in DC, I suppose... rolleyes.gif

It couldn't have been passed on though.

I don't understand why anyone would do such a thing either.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It couldn't have been passed on though.

You can't trade or gift them this year, but they can be abandoned for others to take, which is how I got mine.

I mean, neglecting will give the same result - normal neglected egg.

I don't think it's fair at all to shame people for how they want to play the game as long as they're not breaking any rules. Some people want to "harm" (vamp, zombie, neglect, kill, etc.) rare eggs, others want to make messy lineages with them (I've seen a cb prize bred mostly to messy mates), while still others freeze them. Just because most people prefer clean/perfect lineages and don't understand why others would "harm" rare eggs doesn't mean that their way of playing is the "right" way and those who play otherwise don't deserve nice eggs/should give them to people who would "better appreciate" them.