Chaos Rider

broken subforum descriptions

In the 3 main subforums (dragon cave, general discussion, role play) underneath the heading that says which one it is I'm getting text like:

forums_forum_47_desc

(for general discussion)

Instead of what I presume should be a description for that subforum such as in:

https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/3-help/

Where underneath the heading help it reads:

Having a problem with the site? Post here.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not. Clear your cache ?

It's most likely not a browser cache, just an undefined forum variable. It has been there since the upgrade last summer.

Click any forum header (the grey bar that says "Dragon Cave", "General Discussion" or "Role Playing") to see it.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Finally, someone else has this problem.  So it definitely wasn't just me seeing this.  I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of it, but haven't been able to reproduce the glitch for a month now.  I'll post a pic when I do see it again.  Never seen that specific one though.  Are you on mobile, btw?  I've only ever noticed it when on mobile, so perhaps it has to do with the layout or something?

Yeah, this is I think a weird side effect of the forum upgrade and how it converted the top level categories. This was reported a while back, and is presumably a bug in the forum software, given that the categories don't show any descriptions in the admin panel.

So it's an oddity that we'll have to live with, at least for now is what you're saying?

Edited by Draconiusultamius