AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Sabrina just glared at Gustav and stayed in the light so he couldn’t hurt her but then looked on with a helpless look on her face and in her eyes when she noticed him go towards Parker instead.

Parker couldn’t move out of fright when she noticed Gustav come towards her and could only close her eyes, waiting for him to attack her but nothing happened. That’s when she opened her eyes to see another large wolf that was deep grey in color with its teeth in the vampire’s shoulder, shaking him near the wall closest to her. She watched as it threw Gustav into a corner before freeing Adonis from the chains and then shifting back to its human form afterward. She couldn’t say anything, her eyes wide as she continued to watch everything that was going on especially when Gustav was dragged around a corner and out of sight.

After Zach arrived to save Parker from Gustav and freed Adonis from the chains before leaping at Gustav, or rather Kilman Tempis, and dragging him around a corner to take care of him, Sabrina went to where Adonis was to check on him. “Are you okay?” she asked with concern on her face and in her eyes with the pain still in them as well.

When Zach came back and said that it had been done, Parker looked a bit horrified although Sabrina looked indifferent. “Can someone please tell me what’s going on as well as explain what exactly you guys are?” Parker asked with her thick accent and still wide eyes that gave her a scared deer look.

Edited by SkySong278

"I will, when we get back. " Zach said to Parker ins nose touching her mark sending a jolt through both of their bodies. "It is my job as your mate to explain. I am deeply sorry for the shock..... " He says licking her cheek softly before shifting back and made a splint from the oak board Sabrina tore off the window and wrapped up her wrist as Adonis did another purification spell, a small one this time, and shrank to a small wolf that looked emaciated and old. The iron marks still shone on his white fur.

"I will be okay. In a good deal of pain and my power has drained from the iron.... I'll be stuck like this for a while. I'm more concerned about you must love. How is your wrist my dear Cassiopeia?"  Adonis looked up at her as her arm got bound up. 

"Talk later, let's get going." Zach said ushering them up the steps to the trap door then passed a very messy scene of the witch torn to bits and wine bottles broken everywhere, with golden red afterglow of his magic sealing the place. He wrapped his cloak around himself, whistled for Bruce as soon as he stepped outside flipping the closed sign in the window before locking the door and shutting it behind the two girls and his brother in wolf form. He guided them out of the city gate and into the woods where he shifted telling them both to get on. Adonis was too small and weak to carry Sabrina the whole way back. 

“Okay,” Parker said in reply before she jumped slightly when she felt the jolt that went through her body when Zach touched his nose to her birthmark and then feeling him lick her cheek afterward. “It’s fine,” she said in reply to the apology before watching curiously as he shifted back to take care of Sabrina’s wrist.

“I’m glad you’ll be okay but I hate what that evil creature did to you,” Sabrina said before petting him carefully so as not to touch the marks that the iron had left behind and then heard the rest of what he said and asked afterward. “My wrist’s fine love just in a lot of pain. Not sure how long I won’t be able to use it for but I hope it won’t be out of commission long.”

Both Parker and Sabrina nodded when they heard what Zach said in regards to talking later and they needed to get out of there. They followed after the twins up the stairs and looked around the storefront with wide, shocked eyes at the scene that was there before walking out the door. They looked around at the city that they were in while Zach closed and locked the door behind them, not seeing it when they were brought here since they had been asleep at the time and then greeted Bruce when he came running after hearing Zach’s whistle for him. They continued to follow after the older boy to the woods and then they both got onto his back when he gestured for them to do so.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis struggled to keep up as Zach ran back home. When they finally stopped in veiw of the gate he collapsed, passed out cold.  "We're going to have to carry him inside. " Zach said softly looking back at his motionless brother. "Once inside I'll explain things to you Parker.... But... You can not tell anyone. Not even your sister. It is important that our secret remains that way. You saw how the vampire reacted when there were two of us. Nobody in the village but my parents and Sabrina knows about my kind. " Zach said as they got off and he turned back lifting his brother like it was nothing. "The iron drained him badly. His physical wolf form shows his power that can fluctuate. Right now, he looks frail and emaciated. Once he recovers he would look healthy and strong again. " He headed to the west gate of the village and straight to the inn. 

Ray came to them right away when Zach called for her and burst into sobs at the sight of both of her sons, one covered in blood, the other so thin all bones showed, deep red and brown burns patterned his fur like large rombus shaped snake scales with a few bleeding in places. She waved them all into the hospital wing and checked the girls over first before fussing over her boys. She sniffed seeing Sabrina's broken wrist. It wasn't too bad, but she wouldn't be able to use it for at least two weeks with no strenuous activity for at least four weeks.  Zach pulled Parker aside and begin cleaning up first removing the bloody layers before washing off the blood as he explained about Canins and mates and the Wolf being his brother of these parts, putting things a little bit more elequently then Adonis had with Sabrina. 

Sabrina got concerned when she watched Adonis collapse and pass out on the ground when they got in view of the gate to the town but knew it was from the injuries he had gotten from the vampire. She just didn’t like seeing him in the state he was currently in. When she got off of Zach’s back with Parker, they both listened to what he said and the latter listened closely to what he said regarding her not being able to tell Jess or anyone else about what he and Adonis were. She nodded in understanding before she and Sabrina followed after him to the inn.

They both greeted Ray when the older woman came over to them when Zach called her before she got concerned about all of them. Sabrina listened to everything she said in regards to her wrist and nodded in understanding about her not being able to anything too strenuous for four weeks after it recovered after two. She then knelt beside Adonis and stroked his fur as he laid on one of the medical beds. She thought that she’d help him get to his den later when he was conscious again and help look after him there as he recovered. After a little while longer of just sitting there and gently stroking his fur with her good hand which was her left hand, her right had the broken wrist, she fell asleep with her head resting on her right arm and her left hand still in his fur.

Parker followed after Zach and listened to everything else that he explained further regarding cainins, marks, and mates trying to take it all in and understand what he was saying. It was a bit hard to believe at first but she had seen them both shift into a Wolf and back to human again a few times as well as seen their marks that they both had and that she and Sabrina had as well so she was starting to believe everything he was saying. She stayed quiet, though in order to get it all processed while not spewing a bunch of questions at him at once.

Edited by SkySong278

Ray gave Adonis liquids and ran a bath with special herbs, like the ones in the play at the wolf's festival, to help ease his wounds. She still taught Sabrina about what she needed to know. "This helps with iron burns and he needs to soak in them in order to get better and avoid iron poisoning..." she laid him in the water. 

Zach tried to answer her questions the best of his ability. 

Sabrina woke up again when she heard Ray come back and she followed the former to where a bath was drawn for Adonis, watching what all she put in the water and then listening to what she said the herbs did while laying him in the water. "Does he have to soak in them for any particular amount of time?" she asked curiously as she continued to watch and learn about how to treat iron burn wounds. "Also where can I find these herbs if I had to search for them in the woods?"

After Zach had answered the questions she had currently she said with a small smile, "Those are all the questions I have right now and sorry if I asked them too quickly. I'm just trying to process all the information you told me which is a bit much to handle right now, honestly. I'll ask more questions later when I think of them.”

Edited by SkySong278

"He soaks until the brown marks fade. As for the herbs, the main entrance of his den is near the spot in the woods. You can also follow the underground river inside his home to a grotto filled with Wolf's breath. They are different colors. Blue is found where he has purified areas, they are used most often with severe wounds. They are have the property of healing these are used on humans too. Purple is for burns of iron, and bringing down fevers that are mostly caused by over use of power. They are soaked in water for tea or baths. Red is deadly to nonmagical people and creatures. Handle those ones with gloves and keep them separate from the rest to avoid contamination with the ones that can be used with people too.  This flower is found where the Canin bled. They can only be picked on the full moon when they are in full bloom. These are used to die our cloaks red, the pedals at least are the only harmless part, but the plant itself is to be eaten by the wolf when he goes beserk, Dark, or major internal bleeding is occurring. Basically, on the verge of turning evil or death. Yellow is used for ticks and fleas, and often gathered for soaps and smelly things or teas, they ate commonly known as honeysuckle rather then Wolf breath. Those are everywhere. " She explained to Sabrina carefully rubbing the water on Adonis's face to cover the burns there as well. 

"I know. It's a little shocking to find out that.... Not only the stuff of nightmares are real but the things of fariy tails are real too. It's a lot to take in, but you won't be asked to be the Wolf Shaman. That job is solely for the mate of the current Wolf... I stepped down of that title, and well.... don't really have any right to call myself the Wolf now. I'm impure. Tainted. No going back from that. "

Sabrina made a mental list of each color flower/herb that Ray listed and their uses as well as how long Adonis needed to soak for. She also made a mental note to write down everything she was told later when she had a piece of charcoal and parchment in hand or on a table or other flat surface. She then helped in rubbing some of the water on some other parts of him, hoping he’d be better soon and wake up. “I’ll make sure to keep all of that in mind as well as where to find them,” she said before getting comfortable on the floor next to the bath.

“I’ve believed in fairy tails ever since I was a little girl and wished for fairies to be real. I’m just surprised that they actually are as well as the not so good ones. It is and I wouldn’t really know how to handle that job anyway. That’s Sabrina, right? Well I think your mum is currently in that position and Sabrina’s in training. I’m sorry that you can’t take any of what you did back but is there a way to get rid of the black that’s in your fur/hair or is that permanent now?”

Edited by SkySong278

"No need to write it down, it's all in the book I'll give you when you are officially a Shaman. It's in a later chapter we haven't yet covered and the herbs are used for other ailments of animals and people but I only went over what you asked right now. Don't worry if you have to refure back to the book on things. I needed to look at it before I drew the bath. We have cast iron here. It doesn't cause burns and therefore no need for the flower information to be forfront in my mind. " She said. Seeing the deep brown lines start to dissolve from his fur like normal dirt would, she rubbed the water in more then got a towel lifting him out and carefully drying him off in a spot where Sabrina didn't have to move again

The burn marks by now where an off white color.  Now soaking wet, every bone in the Wolf's body could be seen he was so thin. Ray dried him the best she could, wrapped him up in a warm blanket and  moved him to a bed.  It was a few moments after he was in the bed did he, and very slowly, shifted back to human. It was a little disturbing seeing fur reseed and his paw expand growing fingers while his claws turned to nails and his muzzle shrink into a human face. His eye twitched then opened a little bit. "Bre.... Lay down.... With me..." He croaked weakly moving his fingers to stretch them out to her. 

----

"It's....permanent. over time it will recede however I still will have a darker patch of fur on me and my fur will never be the silver white it was again. The black in my hair is charcoal and that will wash out easily. I had to hide it because they know my hair color and I couldn't be sure if they had any spies or any others with them. The witch didn't even recognize me until I shifted." He said with a sigh. 

"Oh okay and good to know. I'll probably have to refer to it quite often for things so I'm glad to know that I won't have to memorize anything," Sabrina said in reply before watching the deep brown lines in Adonis' fur dissolve like dirt. She was fascinated by how it did that and her eyes showed that emotion for a brief second before Ray lifted him out of the water with a towel and then carefully dried him off afterward. She helped some with another part of the towel that wasn't being used, looking sad and a bit worried at how thin he looked. She then got up and followed Ray to a bed after she had wrapped him in a warm blanket and stood off to the side a bit where she watched him shift slowly back to his human form. She had a few tears in her eyes as she watched all that and then nodded when he told her to lay down with him. She went over to the bed and carefully got into the other side because of her wrist and then she started sobbing a bit. "I'm sorry. I feel it's my fault that you got injured while rescuing me. Maybe if I had just gone back to your den instead of staying at the inn after talking a bit more with Parker I wouldn't've been captured," she sniffed with tears trailing down her cheeks as she curled up a bit closer to him.

----

"Oh. I guess with the much darker patch that your fur will now have it'll just make you a bit more unique which isn't a problem. Ah okay and I understand that. Guessing it was because of the extra color you put in it. Is that why you killed her?"

Edited by SkySong278

"No... No cry..." He said softly his hand softly touching her cheek brushing her tears away. "Would happen... When Zach came back.... Not your doing..." He said fighting to stay awake a little longer. "Mate is.. safe here... Be held close..." He smiled tiredly. "You are brave and smart. I am proud...." His eyes drifted closed for a moment before opening them again. "To call you mine. And, when we get better... Be mine. Only mine. I want you to be entwined with me. Like... Jess and Joe....." He started to close his eyes again. He blinked awake. " I ..... When I can stand... I'll ask like you want me to. I was so scared. I. I can't lose you. My love and light. Moon and stars." He wispers to her moving so he was close to her, nose to nose yet being careful of her arm. He traces the Cassiopeia freckles on her face tenderly. "So beautiful.... "

---

"Um... No. We have to kill anything that is dark magic and purify it. If I continued to work with them... Well... Don would have to kill me. Don is too kind though to follow up. Unless it isn't humanoid at all, he has no qualms about ending it. I on the other hand, don't. " Zach said looking at the floor. "The moment I touched your mark I claimed you as mine and I can't lie to you after that. The wolf in me won't let me. " He said looking ashamed at his admission that he killed the woman with no remorse for his actions.

((Hehe, I was wondering if you would reply to the others when I realized.... I hadn't posted yet XD oops!))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((hehe it’s okay ^_^))

She sniffed but felt slightly better when she felt his finger gently brush away her tears as well as hearing some of what he said. She watched as he fought to stay awake before hearing what else he said. “I’m glad that I’m back and safe but I don’t feel very brave right now. I am yours and will always be so. I’d like that very much,” she said before hearing the rest of what he said after he blinked awake yet again. “Oh okay. I was scared, too and I don’t want to be separated from you again. Ever. You’re my love and moon as well,” she said with a small blush on her cheeks before seeing how close he was to her now with his nose against her own. “So handsome,” she said back to his very last statement while enjoying feeling him trace her patterned freckles and rubbed his cheek with a finger.

-•-•-

“Oh. I’m glad you didn’t continue working with them then because if you were killed either by Adonis or by you yourself I wouldn’t have been able to meet you or you me,” Parker said before feeling a bit sad when she watched him look at the floor. She then blushed a bit when she heard the rest of what he said and said in reply still with the small blush on her cheeks, “I’m glad to know everything you told me although I’m still surprised that you killed that old lady and how but I understand why it had to be done.” She could tell that he felt ashamed but she didn’t know what she could say to make him feel better.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis kissed her nose them let his eyes close falling asleep, his hand on her cheek as if he was afraid that she'd disappear if he removed it. 

----

"Sorry again for you having to see that. But it is safe now. Why don't you go to eat something then rest. I'm sure your hungry, you didn't have breakfast or lunch then take some time to let things sink in a bit. Don't hesitate to ask if you get more questions. I'll accompy you to lunch." He said waving g her to follow him as he walked into the dinning hall for all of the guests and they had soup, meats and cold cuts available too. 

Sabrina smiled when she felt the kiss against her nose, falling asleep as well and kept her hand on his cheek to let him know she was still there.

-•-•-

“It’s okay and I’m glad I’m back here and safe. All that sounds like a good idea and yes I’m very hungry. Okay,” she said in reply before following after him to the dining hall where she saw soup, cold cuts and meats. Her stomach growled some as she saw all of that food before starting to get a bit of each, the soup in a bowl of course and the meats and cold cuts on a plate.

((I'm going to skip a bit to where Adonis is better. ))

A week and a half. That's how long it took him to recover from the iron burns. Even after the monster left a gaping wound in his side, it only took a couple days to fully recover. It just shows how effective wrought iron is against a canin.  He was finally able to walk around, although his knees were still weak and couldn't use his magic for a while longer. 

While everyone was at the family breakfast table, he shuffled in with some flowers in his hand. He looked tired but he had a smile that lit up his face. He slowly moved to Sabrina's side and eased down to one knee. "I keep my promises. " He pulled out the wood ring (the one form a page ago) that looked like it had the northern lights trapped into a crystal and a snowy landscape of mountains and forest made from the ridges of the wood meeting the crystal.  "Sabrina... Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asked presenting the ring to her. 

((okay))

A week and a half later saw Sabrina still with her broken wrist but she was helping around the inn doing small things that wouldn’t cause too much harm to it. It was still in the splint so it was hard to use her right hand so sparingly when she mostly used that hand. She sighed a bit while she was in Adonis’ room, taking a break before going to the breakfast table where everyone else was except for her love.

She was curious as to why he wasn’t there but figured he was just getting some fresh air. After she shrugged some, she started to spoon out some food onto her plate and had just started to eat it when Adonis came into the building. It looked like he still had a hard time getting around but she was glad that he was well enough to get around. She smiled at him when he came closer to her and then when he got down onto one knee, though she covered her mouth in surprise just before she heard what he asked. “Yes,” she said as she uncovered her mouth enough to do so but now had a really happy smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis slipped on the ring on to her finger and   struggled to get up to hand her the flowers he gathered. He sat down and started to eat. "We'll start planning then. I already asked your parents and grandma for their blessings. I hope to have a wedding at your home town before the more traditional one here in my clearing. " 

Sabrina looked at the ring after it was placed on her finger, thinking that it was very pretty. She took the flowers he gave her with a smile before hearing everything he said after he sat beside her, going back to eating her own food. “Okay sounds good and I wonder when you had the time to send them letters to ask for that. You don’t have to tell me, though. I’m just curious,” she said after swallowing a bite of her food and then went back to eating afterward.

"before Joe's wedding. I'm still working on the cabin so I sent a letter to your dad to help me furnish it, and asked then. He sent back a response. I've been keeping it secret since. After our wedding, everything is already moved into the cabin so we can live there right away, adding the finishing touches on things though. You'll love it!" He grinned and leaned forward kissing her cheek. "I want my mate to be mine. " 

"Oh and you hid that really well. I'm glad and I can try to help you with those finishing touches if you'd like me to. I'm sure I will and I can't wait to see what you've done to it," she said in reply before he kissed her on the check and then said what he did afterward. She blushed a bit before saying in reply to it softly, "I want to be yours too." She kissed him back on the cheek before having her attention be on her food again. "Do you have anything planned for after we're done eating?" she asked this question curiously after she had swallowed a few more bites of her breakfast.

"I want to walk around the village. Get my legs stronger from all that bed rest. A small market is open today as the merchants pass through. They have some cloth and books I'd like to look at. You can help pick materials for curtains and look for plates and cutlery you want. Some pillows too. Maybe a painting to hang up here and there. All the big items I got covered, we could also look at blankets and things. I heard here's a traveling portrait maker at the market too. We could get ours done. "

"Okay that sounds fun and a good idea for getting your legs stronger again. I'd like that a lot. I could look at the paintings they have and see if there are any we both might like. Okay and that sounds like it would be really fun," she said in reply to what he said what he wanted to do before she finished eating her breakfast. "Want to go now or a bit later instead?" she asked as she got up to bring her plate over to the sink to be washed.

"Let me finish eating then we'll go.  " He chuckled softly and slowly ate his breakfast savoring the jucy lamb his mom paired with the eggs. When he finished eating Ray took his plate for him and he used a walking stick carved with wolves and Celtic knots to help stabilize himself. "Shall we go?" He asked hobbling to the door and outside. 

Sabrina nodded after she had gone back over to the table to wait until he was done eating as well. When he was done and had asked what he did, she nodded in response, and then followed after him while keeping pace with him as he used the cane. “Where to first?”

Edited by SkySong278