AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Yara nodded then pulled out a measuring tape  doing a few quick measurements and jotting them down. "I'll be done by the end of this week! " She says with a smile. "Go ahead and enjoy the play my daughter is playing little red." She said pointing to a little girl with a very long red cloak on, it was the color of blood with silver bullion on the hems as she ran over to the set up of the play. 

“Okay and thank you. I’ll definitely do that,” Sabrina said in reply with the smile still on her face from earlier before going over to where the play was set up and sat down in one of the chairs that was set out in front of the stage. She thought about going back to the medical room in the inn to visit Adonis to bring him the food he requested but also thought that Andrew’s son was there visiting him so she’d wait until after the play was over.

The children were dressed up as a wolf, a girl in a red hood, crude tree costumes and various others looked like rats, one was a goat skull in a black cloak with a hand scythe and the other was painted white with bright red dots on his face. 

An older child, around thirteen years old started the narration as the 'sick' boy, rats and the one with the skull walked on to the stage respectively. "Many years ago, a plague swept the land. Nothing was spared, both people and animals perished. Harvests withered, having few people to tend to them properly and what little bit that could be gathered were devoured by rats. 

Death ruled these parts, reaping many souls. But even the job was too much for him. Spiteful spirits to tormented the living, often turning into creatures far worse then what lays in the dark. "  With a dramatic flick, the kid with the skull shoved it off and showed off a ghoul painted face and roared at the crowd getting a few good hearted gasps and a couple claps as they left the stage. 

"So it was, until one day, a young medicine woman was gathering herbs in the forest one day. The woman was known to help those who can't pay for a doctor, and her kindness to all things living was well known in her little village." The little girl in the long hood came on, she had flipped it so the cream colored inside was showing. She walked around the 'trees' acting like she was picking herbs. "She was searching for a rare herb when she came across a small grove, hidden in a tight ring of trees filled with the herb, however in the middle of the grove lay a wolf. It's said that it was whiter then white, more lovely than the snow that lay untouched. It's fur shone like a pearl. Entranced by the wolf the woman moved closer and to her fright discovered it was wounded severely. At once she removed her cloak and wrapped it around the creature using it to pull it back to her home."  The girl acted this out, pulling a boy in a wolf costume off the stage. 

"The wolf's wounds took weeks to heal, but she treated it with respect and tenderness the entire time. One day, when the wolf was fully healed, it breathed on her and at once she could understand it! The wolf, who was wrapped in the women's white cloak the entire time got to it's feet and said to her, 'Kind human, you have shown me love and light in a dark and perilous world. To repay this great debt to you, I shall protect your village, your home, your children and their children's children for the rest of my days. You saved my life, so I shall save yours and all whom are important to you. Take back your cloak.' When she did, it pressed it's paw on it turning it blood red." Yara's daughter flipped her cloak around so the red showed now as the narrator continued.  "The Wolf spoke again telling her; 'Red is the color I can see the best, so it shall be the color you and any others you hold dear should wear when wandering in these woods. This way I can spot them if they are in danger, approach them if I need assistance, and be cautious of those who enter intending to do harm.' After this, the wolf left. The woman did as the creature said, making red cloaks for all in her village and kind travelers who pass through. Soon, she realized that fewer people were getting sick, the rats were gone and harvests were growing in abundance. When she sought out the wolf, it told her it was doing these things on it's own power, helping her village and surrounding villages become healthy again, then bestowed onto her some of it's ability to heal the sick, live longer, and call it whenever she needed help. This is the legend of how the Wolf came to protect us, and how the first Wolf Shaman came to be. Thank you!"  The boy finished and they all went up for a bow with much clapping and the sun finally low enough to  begin the feast. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sabrina watched as the youngsters performed the story of the original Wolf and why the cloaks they wore were red and listened to everything that was said during the play. When it was over, she stood up with everyone else and clapped just as loudly as the rest of the audience. She then went back over to the tables that still had some snacks on them before getting another plate, putting some of the sweet bisquits and lamb that Adonis liked before going to locate the honey wine that he had also requested. After she had also located the drink, she made her way back to the inn and to the medical room where Adonis was.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis was laughing. "You seriously said that? Do you have a death wish Joseph? Wife the woman already!" He laughed. 

"No man I'm serious! You're my best friend, if my girl doesn't like you I'm not marrying her! Besides she has a cute sister who you might like..." A male voice sounded. 

Adonis was sitting up in bed with a young man beside him in a chair. The young man was fit, small burns and scars covered his hands and arms. He had a strong square jaw and sooty brown hair cut very short. This must be Joseph. Adonis shook his head. "If this city girl makes you happy, go ahead and marry her. You two sound serious. Yeah, you'll move to the city to be with her but I'll be fine here." He said softly. 

"I can't leave you here alone! There's so many opportunities in the city for the both of us! There's many more girls there too. I know the ladies would love your white hair man..... I told her sister about you and she'd like to meet you. She's coming after the road opens again." Joseph teased. Once more the wolf boy shook his head. "Enough. I have no interest in her." "Oh come on! Don't be like that! She's perfect for you! Her dad's a trapper, she loves the woods, has a pet wolf dog she raised and lives in a tree house outside the city!" He insisted. "Jessica's sister is perfect for you, just meet her okay?" "No. I don't want to find another woman." He said looking out the window. 

"Another? What do you mean Don?" Joseph grinned leaning forward. Adonis flushed. "You know when grandpa was telling us about when he met grandma?"

"Oh yeah, that 'one look' thing? Destiny and stuff? I used that line and Jessica fell for me right away! Your gramps knew his stuff!" He laughed.

"It's not a pick up line Joe. It's real. You just don't understand it. I met my perfect match. The only thing is, a woman so perfect should have a good life. One that is just as perfect as she is.." 

"Oh come on! If that stuff is true, maybe she won't think it's perfect without you by her like your grandma said at gramps' funeral..." 

"Maybe..."

"Looks like you got another visitor. I'll be in again. Don't run off without saying goodbye!" Joseph warned spotting Sabrina in the doorway. He got up and left. 

Sabrina heard a conversation coming from the medical room where Adonis was but she didn’t hear the whole thing. She also didn’t hear the conversation on purpose; it was just something she happened to hear on the way to the room. Why does hearing the part of trying to get him to be with another woman hurt so much? It feels like my heart is slowly being torn to pieces, she thought to herself as she still held the plate with the food in one hand and the drink in the other but the way she was feeling it felt like both were about to slip out of her hands. She was a bit surprised, though when she accidentally heard Adonis say that he didn’t want to find another woman and that the one he found was a perfect match for him. He can’t mean me because he keeps pushing me away, she thought to herself again but this time sadly before she heard the last part of the conversation about him having another visitor and knew that she had been spotted. She smiled a bit at the other boy before walking into the room.

“Sorry for interrupting. How are you feeling? I brought you the food and drink you requested if you haven’t eaten anything yet and if you have I’ll just leave it on the table next to the bed. I’ll get my stuff and move it to another room on the second floor since I no longer have a fever and have to be in this room anymore. I’ll also just leave you to continue resting,” she said with a smile but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. After she said all that she said, she got her bag and the bow and quiver that he had given to her before starting to head out of the room.

Edited by SkySong278

"Stay. Please? Tell me about the play. Did you like it? .... I see you won the archery contest." He said softly taking the food and drink from her watching her sadly as she packed up her things. "How.... how much of that did you hear?" He asked softly. "Never mind, you don't have to tell me... The look in your eyes says it all..... I understand if you... if you want to leave." He said like he meant something else other than simply leaving the room. "It's.... it's difficult for me I don't want you to leave, just.. Stay by my side until...... until I'm ready." He said. 

“Okay I’ll stay and yes I liked and enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was very well done and also very interesting,” Sabrina said as she turned back around from heading towards the door and back towards the bed after her placing her stuff back down on the floor. “I did and I didn’t hear a whole lot of it. Just the parts about your friend finding you a girl as well as there being plenty of them in other towns that work for you. Also your friend’s fiancé’s sister possibly being a good match for you. I also heard you say that you found/met your perfect match but I didn’t think you were talking about me because you’ve been pushing me away. If you did mean me, I guess I am a bit happy about that but then I’m also confused because I think that of you as well and have been thinking that ever since I first looked into your eyes after you shifted from the Wolf,” she said as she shyly put a loose strand of hair behind her ear before sitting on the edge of the bed. “I also felt compelled to come here as if an invisible force was pushing me towards this town but I’m still not all too sure why I felt that way. I’m not leaving town, just moving to another room here in the inn. I will stay by your side like you requested and maybe we can figure out this confusion together.”

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis flushed at her confession about what she heard and how she felt. "It's... a little complex right now." He said softly looking uncomfortable, confused at her wording, and wanting to change the subject. "Lets just get through finding you a home and taking you to your parents. We'll talk about it later." He said putting it off, once again pushing it away. He took a deep drink of the wine, his cheeks already pink from the tankerd Joseph brought him. He took a bite of the lamb and sighed as the flavor danced on his taste buds. "Did you eat anything yet? You should try this, it's amazing!"

“Okay,” Sabrina said in reply to his first three statements before she heard his question and last statement that he exclaimed. “I ate plenty of things as snacks earlier but I didn’t have the lamb. Could I have a small piece of it to try?” she said and asked in reply with a curious expression on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

He nodded and held out his fork with a bite of lamb on it for her to eat, biting into a roll. His feverish, drunken brain was still possessing what she said earlier. So... She heard him. And she thought the same as he? But that couldn't be true. He was... well a wild animal. He barely considered himself human he's been a wolf for so long. He watched her curiously. 

Sabrina leaned forward a bit towards the fork with the bit of lamb on it and took it off the fork with her fingers before putting it in her mouth. “Mm that is good,” she said after she had swallowed the food and smiled even more than she did earlier. She enjoyed being around him but the feelings that she had felt earlier still had her confused because she didn’t completely understand them and why she had felt them.

Edited by SkySong278

He blushed harder and turned back to his drink. "Glad you like it." He muttered finishing the roll. "It's a family recipe from those herbs mentioned in the play. " He said taking another gulp of wine. "I'll make it for you sometime..."

“Oh really? I’d like that,” Sabrina asked and said in reply still with the smile on her face. “Anyway I’ll leave you to rest and see if Ray can show me to a room that I can use from now on. See you later or tomorrow,” she added a few minutes or so after the first statement she said before getting up and getting her things before heading out of the room and towards the main hall of what she thought his mom was.

((Wanna skip a little bit till they are traveling to her  adopted parents?))

Adonis nodded finishing the wine and meal before slipping outside so when the goat was put outside he howled thrice and the people howled back. 

Ray showed her a lavish room she can stay in for the rest of her time here. 

((sure :)))

Sabrina looked around the room and smiled, nodding in thanks to her before putting her stuff down and then moving to get ready for bed. She heard the howl and the other people howl afterward and figured that the feast began but she was too exhausted right then to eat anything else. She went right to bed after she was dressed and had unmade the bed.

~~~~

A couple days passed and it had Sabrina traveling with Adonis to the town called Shadowgrove where her adopted parents lived. “Are you sure you can come with me? What about the forest and your village? It’ll be left unprotected,” she asked and said as they rode the horses (I can edit it to be carriage instead or by foot).

((Horses are fine))

"With the monster gone, everything will be quiet. And if they need me, mum can call use a whistle, made from my own tooth that I can hear were ever I am. That hood looks lovely on you. Glad it was finished before we left. Yara is quite the seamstress. I can't seem to make shirts like she can. Besides, whenever I transform anything that isn't hide rips apart.... and then the shoes always come off and I lose them all the time. So how far from my village is Shadowgrove?" He asked. 

((okay :)))

“Okay and it sounds like that could come in handy. Thank you and me too. Yes that she is and maybe she just knows a better technique. It’s only five towns away from your village so not very far and they’re also small. Also at this time of day there shouldn’t be too many people out in them before we get to Shadowgrove so we won’t be stopped,” Sabrina said in reply to everything that he said just before they reached one of the five towns. She led the way through the town before they were heading to the next one.

Edited by SkySong278

((The week is over. As I mentioned before that's the only time they can move from town to town so her cloak was completed at that time. Plus there's a bug event happening in a big city five days from now away so TONS of travelers would be on the road to make up for the time lost when the fastest route was closed. However they would have left early in the morning so few people will be up at this time.))

Adonis moved through the small still sleepy town. "The main road through Wolfgrove  runs east to west. I've been through this place and the town to the west of my own home. However... you'll see my sphere of power lessen as we get further away... "He said pointing to a field of alfalfa about ready to harvest they were currently passing as they had left the only town unhindered by people. The lush green crop were sparsely speckled with weeds. 

Kicking his horse into a gallop, he traveled several yards ahead to a spot and stopped. As they passed the fields on either side, some looked yellow, others choked by weeds and the crop gradually went from extremely healthy and ready for an early harvest to needing more water and probably not ready for another month in a clear line showing in the crop.  "This is the farthest I've been from home..."

((oh okay. sorry 😶))

“Ah okay,” Sabrina said in reply to Adonis’ first couple of statements as they passed through the current town and before he had his own horse gallop to and stop at a certain spot up ahead. She had her horse do the same before stopping next to him and hearing what he said last. “We won’t be gone too long so you’ll be back there soon,” she said with a smile while trying to be reassuring. “I thought we could head back tomorrow evening or early morning of the day after tomorrow. Whichever you want to do is what we’ll do.” She then started to ride a bit further ahead of him but then stopped a short distance away to wait for him.

Edited by SkySong278

He started riding again. "As long as I come back I'll be okay. You'll need time to get your things if you're moving to Wolfgrove. "He said catching up to her and continuing straight ahead. 

“Okay and oh yeah. Hm I guess I’ll stay an extra day or so. I only need my clothes and a few books but anything else like furniture and shoes I can get in Wolfgrove,” Sabrina said in reply as they continued to ride. It took a few more hours or so (estimating this to get them there quicker if that’s okay) to get through the rest of the towns until they arrived in Shadowgrove. A few of the townspeople that were out and about doing their daily duties and whatnot saw them coming in and on closer inspection saw that one of them was someone they recognized, they got really excited.

“Hey it’s Marie! Marie has returned!” one of the townsfolk shouted excitedly.

Sabrina sighed but smiled nonetheless when she heard that and saw more people start to gather around them. “Marie is actually my middle name but when I first came here I was still very scared and couldn’t tell my adoptive parents my name so they made one up for me. When I did finally tell them my name they said that Marie could be my middle name because I couldn’t remember if I had one or not at the time,” she said in explanation to Adonis in case he was confused before hugging a few of the people that had gathered.

“Are Jack and Aimee in their usual work places or are they home now?” she asked them after she had pulled away from some of them.

“They’re home now so you should be able to find them there,” another one who was an elderly woman said while looking curiously at Adonis. “And who might this young fellow be?” The question was asked toward Sabrina but she was looking at Adonis.

“He’s a friend and traveling companion grandma,” Sabrina said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks. “This lady is my adoptive grandmother. I don’t remember if I actually do have one or not so she said that she’d like to have me as a granddaughter.”

Edited by SkySong278

He tilted his head in confusion. "But you said you were fifteen when the incident occurred so ..... you also suffered from amnesia by not remembering if you had a middle name or a living maternal grandma?" He asked dismounting the horse looking a little hurt at her calling him a friend and traveling companion. 

However he quickly blinked this brief emotion away. "Hello, I'm Adonis of Wolfgrove. Your granddaughter is quite the archer. It makes my marksmanship look sloppy, I'm quite jealous!" He grinned. "Certainly would be a wonderful and unique addition to Wolfgrove. I came to assist her with moving.... and she said her adopted Dad was a carpenter like me, so I thought I could get some tips while I'm here since my business isn't doing too well..." He rubbed the back of his head embarrassed a little bit. 

“Not amnesia, just scared. I didn’t know where I was or who Jack and Aimee were. When I had gotten to their house, I collapsed due to exhaustion due to running all night which made me forget some stuff so now I have new things,” Sabrina said in reply to his confusion but also thought she saw hurt in his eyes. Stupid. But should I have said he was something else? He had said that he needed to figure stuff out about us but he would’ve maybe rejected me calling him my boyfriend. Now I’m just confused... she thought to herself with a small sigh before she heard everything that he said to her grandma.

“Well it’s very nice to meet you young man and I wish you luck in your carpenter business. Jack could definitely help you out if you need any advice and take care of Sabrina. She can be a handful at times though,” Becky said in reply to everything Adonis said with a smile before Sabrina sighed. “Grandma why did you tell him that?” she asked with bright red cheeks. “Anyway we’re going to visit with them now so we’ll see you all later.” She had said this last statement before Becky could say anything more embarrassing and also just before she started walking towards the house.

Adonis laughed, throwing his head back with a joyous wolfish howl. "I know! I don't mind one bit though. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. You have a good day now." He said following Sabrina on foot, leading his horse to the house and tying him up to a post.  He rubbed his hands on his shirt. Why were they so sweaty? Was he nervous? He snorted in frustration. It's not like she's my girl or anything. I only known her a few days. But I already feel so possessive over her. Damn! I wish I could shut off my instincts. He thought as he moved over to help her off her horse, despite knowing she doesn't need assistance, he just had the overwhelming feeling of having to touch her somehow. He has a blush of embarrassment as he realized this as he set her on the ground. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf