AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

((hehe yeah me too. I was on my phone last night and already in bed but I was playing a game because I couldn’t sleep))

Sabrina woke up feeling much better than the day before. She stretched and felt refreshed before looking over to the bedside table where she saw the bowl of porridge and then off to the side of that and up against the wall the bow and quiver of arrows. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise when she saw them before smiling and then reading the note that was there that she just saw. She let out an excited sound before getting out of bed, washing her face a bit in the basin that was close to the door, changed into another nice dress that was light and had a flower print on it, put on some boots, and then got the bowl of porridge in hand to bring to the dining room table to eat.

”Thank you for the bow and quiver of arrows along with the porridge. I’ll definitely do some practice shots with it after I finish eating. They’re beautiful,” she said to Adonis with a smile after she had swallowed a bite of her breakfast.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis was working on the table-literally. He was carefully carving out vines to cover the cut his mom made the night before. The vines only wove around the edges only two vines but it looked beautiful. He was done with one short side and was working on the longer side, wood shavings piling up on the floor. He was sitting down, his foot propped up on a chair to keep down the swelling and a bowl of porridge sat in the middle of the table. He stopped to take a bite of his own when she came in. 

"Welcome. I didn't see a bow among your things, and that was a small one I made that never sold. Hopefully it'll work. Glad you like it. But... and I know it's not proper for a lady, you should wear some pants and a blouse you can move freely in. You will be climbing trees and running. You can ask mum when she gets up. She's about your size. " He said eating a couple spoonfuls before going back to work. 

As soon as Sabrina saw that Adonis was working on the table, she got up and moved to be standing up instead as she ate the porridge so that she wouldn’t get in his way. “I like it a lot and okay I’ll make sure to do that. I don’t really care what’s proper for a lady and what’s not so I’ll be fine with wearing a blouse and pants. Plus I agree that they’ll be better to climb trees in because I’ve already ruined a few dresses doing that when I was fifteen. My adoptive mom was always scolding me while sewing me new ones,” she said in reply before giggling a bit at the memory while her attention was on her breakfast. “I’ll have to go back to the town that my adoptive parents are in to visit them after the beast has been taken care of.”

He nodded in understanding. "Mind if I come with you? Besides the neighboring towns I haven't been anywhere else and the forest has been quite with the beast in it. Once that's gone it'll be a little bit for the wildlife to come back. Oh... what's the thing mum suggested that we do? You mentioned something about that last night I think... I was half asleep...." He says taking another couple bites after finishing up the second side and starting the third. 

“Sure. You can meet my adoptive parents and I think you’ll like my adoptive dad. He’s a carpenter like you. I was planning on just being there for two days. Oh she wants us to hunt the beast and she gave us five days to do it. She also thought that if its blood is fire then its weakness is either water or ice and she suggested the lake that’s close by that’s partially frozen. She also suggested to set a trap with pails of water ahead of time near there or to have it go through the ice of the lake,” Sabrina said in reply to his statements and questions before finishing up eating her porridge.

Edited by SkySong278

"The blood was like fire... so it makes sense. Burnt my mouth when I bit it. Yes. Five days is the time frame. The only route will open then and we'll have mass travelers going through to get to the city for a large market set up there. More livestock, people and travelers take this route because it cuts two days off instead of going the long way around. Another carpenter? I'd love to get some pointers from another carpenter. Maybe he could help me improve on my work..." He said sweeping the shavings off. "You can sit down on the sides that are done... just got one side to do now. This old table needed an upgrade anyway..." He says finishing his porridge and getting up taking her bowl to the kitchen before returning to his work. "Water.... very good thought. The lake is exposed but it'll serve as a good spot for a clear shot. There's a range out back. You should change first. I'll be here." 

“Oh okay and yes. He’s the only one in that village so I’m sure that he wouldn't mind giving you some tips. Thank you and okay I’ll do that but I haven’t asked your mom yet to make me a pair of pants and a blouse yet,” Sabrina said in reply before going back to the medical room to get the bow and quiver of arrows and then heading out to the back afterward to test her aim with it. She shot three arrows into the target and thought that it worked really well. The feel of it was right and it also wasn’t too big for her to hold.

Edited by SkySong278

((Change into pants and a blouse as he mentioned earlier. That's what he meant. They're leaving about mid day.))

Adonis finished the table, polished it, swept up the shavings and used them as kindling in the medical room checking on the coach driver. He fed him some soup, made sandwiches for lunch then picked out the stitches and took off the makeshift cast. He slipped on a shirt and a pair of moccasins that was lined with rabbit fur, wrote a note for his mom and was ready to go. He packed a small satchel of medicine, the food, water, rope and a dry pair of pants in case he fell in the freezing water himself with the beast. 

((sorry. edited my previous post))

After Sabrina shot another couple of arrows or so, she got them out of the target, put them back in the quiver, and then went back inside to the medical room. She saw that a fire had been started in there with the shavings from the table and thought that Adonis had done that before looking through her pack to see if she had a blouse and pair of pants and she saw that she did all the way in the bottom of it. She got them out, quickly changed into them from the outfit she was currently wearing, and then just as quickly left the medical room to find Adonis. She had the bow and quiver of arrows draped diagonally from her right shoulder to her left hip so that she wasn’t always carrying them in her hands and could help carry something else.

Edited by SkySong278

He added fishing wire to the satchel then handed it to her. "Keep a hold on this. " He stopped blinking at her outfit before leaning forward to smell her. "Good, you're healthy. You look better in that then a dress. Now, let's go. Mum is still sleeping and da is busy. We can slip out now." He said walking to the door and slipping outside, keeping to the shrinking shadows of the houses as he moved to the gate. It usually took two men on each side to open it it, but he just shoved his shoulder in it and it opened a crack big enough to let them through. 

Sabrina nodded when she heard the request before taking the satchel from him and then hearing everything else he said after. “Oh? I didn’t know that and thanks for telling me that. Okay,” she said in reply before following him out the door and towards the gate while keeping to the shadows of the houses like he was doing. When they did reach the gate and he had opened it enough for them to go through, she held it so that he could go first, and then she would close it behind her as she followed after him.

"What are you doing? It's not like a garden gate. This door is two trees thick and takes two black smiths to open it this far. I'm stronger than ten men. " He whispers and pushed her through, slipping inside and letting the large heavy gate close on it's own.  He then slipped into the forest, almost blending into the flora despite his white hair and tan skin. 

“I’m just trying to help,” Sabrina whispered back before going through with his pushing and then following him after he had let the gate close by itself. She didn’t blend in at all but she thought she wouldn’t due to her blouse being white and the pants being a light brown which was much lighter than the tree trunks.

Edited by SkySong278

Adonis lead the way to the lake and climbed up a tree, leaning down to help her up on a branch overlooking the frozen lake. "I caught it's scent on the way here. I'll find it and bring it here. Wait until you get a clean shot. It's on the other side of the lake.  Aim for its neck, it's a weaker point since I bit it the other day... okay? Food's in the satchel if you get hungry... Be ready when I howl." He instructed before he hopped down after making sure she was secure in the tree. 

Shifted as he ran off going around the lake. It became eerily quiet afterwards, like the forest was holding it's breath.

Sabrina followed after him to the tree that he climbed and thanked him when he helped her get onto a branch before listening to everything that he said. “Alright and be careful,” she said in reply and then said another little statement afterward before he ran off to get the beast where she was. After he was no longer in sight, she opened the satchel and found a sandwich in it before starting to eat it as she leaned back against the trunk of the tree. She made sure to have an arrow and the bow positioned in her lap for when he gave the signal for her to get ready to shoot it.

A half hour passed slowly. Nothing. That half grew into an hour of silence. 

After another fifteen minutes of dead silence, something white was thrown onto the ice from the other side of the lake, a trail of crimson as the furry form slid and went still. Then something darker than the shadows stepped out of the tree line. It was huge, long curved goat horns looked like bronze medal, eyes were solid red, fur short yet black as ink. Yellow fangs lined a too wide mouth that almost stretched the entire wolf's shaped jaw bone. It moved slowly towards the white thing. 

Within two strides, the white thing sprang forward and across the ice with a shrill howl, the monster in hot pursuit, it's whip like tail flailing around as it tried to keep it's balance while advancing on it's prey. 

A dull crackling sounded like distant thunder as the two approached the lake's thinning center. With another jump, the white wolf spread the cracks further while reaching the safety of the thicker ice on Sabrina's side. The beast however wasn't too lucky. It fell through, desperately clawing at the thinning ice as it melted under it's paws, steam hissing as Hell's flames met the icy reality of winter.  The creature lifted its head to the sky in an attempt to keep it above water. 

Sabrina had just finished eating the sandwich when she saw Adonis slide on the ice followed by the monster. She kept a close eye on both before hearing the howl once the former was on her side of the ice and the monster was in the lake keeping its head above it. She notched the arrow on the bow and was about to shoot when she heard him bark to do so. She jumped a bit in surprise because of how focused she was on the target but then composed herself and shot it in the neck at the injury that it was given recently. Then for good measure, she added another one which split the first one in half in order to kill it a bit quicker in case the first arrow didn’t do the trick.

((sorry that I didn’t reply earlier. was busy at work and then went to the gym afterward. I got home an hour ago but was still doing some stuff until now))

She just robin hood'd that arrow....impressive... Adonis thought, ears flat as the creature gurgled and slumped to the ice. When the area around it gradually turned black, Adonis rushed out, dragging the creature to the shore, breaking a trail of ice till about mid way before dragging it on top. He shifted back, shirt and moccasins gone, his side reopened a little and a new scratch mark was on his chest and only had on the buck skin pants again. He pushed the arrows further into the beast before  taking some of his blood on his hands drawing symbols on the body and speaking in a old language that was as musical as his voice.  

A pale blue white light started from the symbols until it covered the entire body. Once he stopped speaking, the body crumbled into ash and the grass were it laid grew a few inches leaving behind only the split arrows. The black fluid floating in the lake like oil also glowed and disappeared leaving only clear icy water. Adonis swayed and fell to the side. "Purifying is exhausting... that shot... quite impressed. You'll make an excellent shaman indeed." He says. 

Sabrina jumped down from the tree branch with the satchel, bow, and quiver of arrows after the monster’s body slumped onto the ice. She put both the bow and quiver back diagonally across her shoulder to her hip before watching curiously as Adonis purified the body. She had no idea that he had that kind of power or that he could speak in a different language but then thought that it had something to do with him being a Cainin. She then heard everything that he said after he was done and also after he fell to the side before looking a bit concerned. She knelt down beside him before saying and asking in reply with a small blush on her cheeks, “Thanks and you really think so? I have now officially seen both of your forms being with you on my own so I guess now it’s possible for me to be one according to the rules of your family. Do you need help healing your wounds or would they just heal on their own?”

"Yeah I think you'll be an excellent shaman. My side needs stitching and I need ointment for the scratch, but I heal faster-" he stopped blinking as he seemed to process what she just said. The boy turned crimson, sprang to his feet and turned around. "Ah, well that doesn't have to happen. I'm changing things up and besides, I don't want to stick you with my brother. He's a no good cheater, breaking the law of Cannin to mate for life." He said walking deeper into the wood and further upstream to a small mountain were the lake's water originates. "You really don't have to be apart of the family to be the shaman. Mum was one when she was young and grandpa didn't mind. In fact, mum wasn't sure she would marry da anyway because she thought his wolf form was scary. Yet, she still would've been the Shaman so da just has a stick up his butt about things like that. You can patch me up at my house." He said not once looking behind him as he walked straight into a apparently solid rock. His hand came out a moment later waving her inside. 

“Oh thanks. Okay,” Sabrina said in reply to his first statement and part of his second statement before she listened to everything else he said while he had his back turned towards her. “Oh okay,” she said in reply to the majority of them before nodding to what he said last although he didn’t see it and followed him towards what appeared to be a solid rock. When he went inside, she stood outside it for a few minutes before she saw his hand stick out to wave her in. She took a step towards it and then was surprised when she went through it. “Did we just walk through a solid rock?” she asked with a confused expression on her face as her attention went back towards the rock at the entrance that was in question.

Edited by SkySong278

Behind them was a wooden door. "No. It's an ancient spell. It keeps the bad things out and me protected from wild life and hunters. It cloaks the door to any outsider. However now you're inside, you'll be able to see the entrance because I invited you in. " He explained walking through a short carved tunnel that opened to a round room, wood support beams held up a  domed wooden frame 'roof' that was carved and painted like the noon sky. A small Chandler hung from a horizontal beam made of antlers and covered with shinny things like crystals, bits of metal and mirrors reflected sunlight that fed through round window above it so the entire room was nearly filled with natural light. Among the cross beams and pillers that were in place in case the ceiling collapsed, herbs were hung up to dry.

There was a large wood stove to the side with a small table and two chairs near it and a large copper wash basin perched on a counter that was built into the wall a curtain of wool was under the counter. The wall the counter was built on held a shelf of spices, a small dinning set made of earthenware and bone utensils, a tea kettle, and then several various pots and pans hung on the wall near the stove. On the far side, hidden in a shadowy corner was a round bed of fur and a large hide curtain to block it off. A dresser, a lamp and a bookshelf was in that area. 

The floor was a light maple with a few bear pelts to add comfort. Three other openings branched from the main living came, the carvings around the doorways depicting what the lead to. One was a whimsical image of a back of a wolf squatting squatting to show the toilet was that way. The next was by the "bedroom" part that showed a man standing under a waterfall washing himself in a spring, and the third showed a field of trees and flowers reveling there was two entrances to his home. 

"You'll find medical supplies under the wash basin. It's removable and the pitcher of water is under with the supplies. I did most of the carvings and furniture. See, it's not a real house and really isn't made for a family. " He said sitting down on a chair after retrieving the supplies himself.

Sabrina nodded in understanding and reply to what he said regarding the entrance before looking around his ‘house.’ She thought that everything there was very well made and beautiful. “It’s a very nice place and the carvings and furniture are very well done. I understand,” she said and let out a sad mental sigh when she heard that before hearing what he said regarding the medical supplies. She nodddd and was about to get them when she noticed that he already did have them so she got out the pitcher instead because she saw that he didn’t have that yet (if that’s not true I’ll edit). “What would you like me to do?”

((You're okay on that.))

Just stitch me up.. I think I can handle the rest." He said getting out a needle, dipping it in alcohol and threading it for her turning to show the side that was slowly ripping open again holding out the needle to her. "If I try to do it, it'll tare even more if I twist around to see it. " He explained. After a long moment of silence he  started to wet a cloth cleaning the wound on his chest. "I'm serious. You can be the shaman without having to be married into the family. You're a strong, independent woman. You have a wicked shot, and are kind, sweet, soft spoken.... beautiful.... You deserve a man who can make you happy. Never struggle for food, or warmth.... " He turned his head away as a tear slowly slipped down his cheek. One look. That's what grandpa told him. One look into grandma's eyes was all it took for him to know she was born only for him. That it was destiny. But such a perfect woman shouldn't be with him. The people were right. He was wild, had a temper, bitten people who he doesn't like touching him, he ate like a starved beast. He had no manors or class, no filter, swore and cursed and was an outsider of his own family and town. With him, she'd have no friends, no stable income, no constant warmth, no knowing if he'd be home or if his hunt would go well... He couldn't let her live in such horrible conditions. Not ever.