AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Sabrina had just finished eating the soup and drinking the tea when she heard the commotion in the main area of the inn and wondered what had happened. A little while later, she saw Ray come back into the room that she was in and clutching what looked like fur.

“Did something happen to the Wolf?” She asked curiously before carefully sitting up in the bed. “I’d like to help search for it, if I can. It’s the least I can do to repay you for your kindness in helping me get better from being sick.”

Edited by SkySong278

She sniffed rubbing her eyes. "Yes dear child. Our protector is hurt badly.. and the prized goat and horse of the carriage were killed but not eaten. Something is out there and our protector probably fought it bravely and received many wounds. I have a spare cloak. We can go together... my husband must not know though." She said holding a finger to her lips and hiding a basket under the bed. Girls in their teens and twenties came in wearing crimson cloaks decorated with patterns of their choice so no two looked the same. Only five volunteer pairs wished to risk it. Each grabbed a basket and Dominic told them were to look. They nodded and left. 

Then, after giving his wife a look, went to dispose of the bodies of the horse and goat. 

Ray took the tray. "Get dressed, I'll be back with the cloak." She whispers before leaving. After twenty minutes she rushed in again. She quickly put on a plane soft gold velvet cloak with red roses embroidered all over it and a Red felt cloak with white wolf fur trimming on Sabrina grabbing a the extra basket and the one under the bed before rushing outside and sneaking out of the gate. 

Once in the woods she picked a deer trail and followed it with a propose, obviously having a destination in mind and knowing where to go to get there. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sabrina looked sad at the news that Ray told her about their protector possibly being injured with the confrontation of that mystery evil thing that was out there that killed the horse and goat from the carriage before getting a look of determination on her face when she heard the rest of what she said. She nodded in understanding regarding Dominic must not knowing that they were sneaking out together before some girls came in to get the medical supply baskets. She then nodded again about getting dressed and did so before the former came back with the spare cloak, put it on her, and then followed her out of the gate and towards the woods.

When they got onto a nearby deer trail, she wondered if Ray knew exactly where the Wolf was but didn’t say anything and kept the suspicion to herself while continuing to walk with her. She made sure to keep an eye on their surroundings in case whatever else was out there wouldn’t surprise them. She picked up a stick to have just in case it came out and tried to attack them. It made her feel better to have something to use as some sort of weapon even if it might not have been very effective.

Edited by SkySong278

Ray stopped at a clearing, choking back a sob. More fur and blood spattered the snow that hid in the shadows, large paw prints  flattened the ankle high grass in the patch of sun that pushed through the pine branches to the ground. "He fought here. Whatever it was left no prints, all I see are the Wolf's." She whispers in the still and too quiet forest. "There's a cave not far from here. The Wolf must be there, it's den is too far to get to when this injured. This way dear, and hurry... time is not our ally." She said darting off into the underbrush at a pace were Sabrina could keep up. 

She stopped once they reached a rocky outcrop and a large crack that was the mouth of the cave. Deep breathing sounded from within. A low growl rippled out of the darkness. Ray stopped at the opening and pulled a small oil lantern from her basket and a flask of oil. "Wolf, sweet Wolf it's me mother red, with little red to help." Ray called inside. A huff sounded with a whine. Ray quickly put the oil in the lamp, lit it and went inside. "Come now Sabrina, don't be scared, he won't hurt you..." 

Deep inside the darkness of the cave, two blue dots reflected in the lamp light before the light reached their owner. A wolf the size of a grizzly bear lay bloody and still, silver blue eyes studying the second figure as Ray approached with ease and knelt at his side. "You'll have to change, I only have so much medical equipment. I brought some food too...  and water." She pulled out a loaf of bread and a  earthenware cup emptying some of her canteen into it.  The Wolf didn't budge. "That's Sabrina. A guest. She rode in on the carriage and fell to a fever. She's better now, and wanted to help. I'm sure she'll keep you a secret. Do you swear to not say a word about what you see here Sabrina dear?" Ray asked her companion waving her over to them. 

Sabrina studied the ground where Ray stopped and also felt sad when she saw the blood and fur spattered there before hearing what all the former said. She nodded and was confused as to why the thing that the Wolf fought didn’t leave any prints. She darted after Ray and stopped when the other did when she saw the rocky outcrop in front of them and then froze when she heard the growl that came from within before hearing what the older woman said into the entrance. She nodded a bit shakily when she heard that she shouldn’t be scared because he wouldn’t hurt her before following her inside the cave.

She then approached carefully after Ray approached him easily, making her think that it was a common thing them being mother and son and all before kneeling down beside her at a safe distance from him. She felt a bit uneasy when he stared at her but then had her mind go on their conversation to focus on that instead.

“Oh yes ma’am. I swear not to tell a soul of what I’ll see here,” she said in reply to the question that followed the introduction of her to the Wolf.

The Wolf blinked slowly, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly. The body shrank, fur turning to mist until a tall well built handsome boy with torn buckskin pants and no shirt laid in the place of the wolf. His body was human, hair same color as the wolf's fur. 

Ray set about, first popping his twisted ankle back in place with a brief cry from the lad once set, she helped him sit up handing Sabrina a wet cloth. "Clean the blood from his face, I need to start stitching his side..." 

Sabrina watched curiously when it started to change from a Wolf to a boy around her age. She blushed slightly when she saw that he was shirtless but hoped that it could be passed off as them just being cold. She then nodded when Ray told her to wipe the blood from his face and took the cloth from her to start doing what she was told and did so a few minutes later.

Edited by SkySong278

He had blood under his  left eye and behind his ear in the same spots they were when he was a wolf. He winced when Sabrina brushed the cuts opening one eye reveling a color so pure of blue it was like looking at a reflection of a clear summer sky in a still lake, watching her every move with mild curiosity.  Ray cleaned his side and carefully stitched up the long gash that stretched from his shoulder to his bottom. "What did this to you my boy?" Ray asked softly. 

The Wolf turned to look at the woman who tended to his major wound. "Something birthed from nightmare, Hell fire and shadows...." He rasped. Voice rough from lack of water, but deep and almost musical. "It's blood like liquid flames, it's eyes held no emotion, simply hallow lidless sockets wreathed in flame. The very air turned sour with sulfur, the ground withered away from its touch. It stank of evil, darkness and ancient power. It is too strong for me mum. I can't fight this thing."

"You can when you heal my son. You fought it and only a few scars earned. You can beat this creature. Have faith." Ray said halfway finished with the stitches. "It toyed with me mother. I am out classed by this beast. I won't face it again. I can't... I can't..." He closed his eyes and tears ran down his cheeks. "I was terrified down to my very soul mother. I never felt such fear.... I froze like a cowered when it charged. I only fought to get away... to run away. I have no courage, I'm not worthy as a protector...." 

“Sorry,” Sabrina said softly when she noticed him wince when she brushed the cloth over his facial wounds before giving him the water that Ray had prepared for him when she heard the raspiness in his voice. She then sat Indian style a few feet from him when she was done so as to give him some room. Her eyes widened slightly when she heard him describe the type of creature that had attacked him and then almost came to tears herself when she heard the last few statements he said.

”I think you’re very brave to have gone up against a creature like that,” she said with a small smile. “It also took a bit of courage to go up against it so you’re not that much of a coward. You also protected everyone by keeping it from reaching the town so that it didn’t attack any of us so I think you’re still worthy of being such.” She knew that her words probably didn’t mean anything to him as she was just a guest in the town but she was trying to be encouraging.

Ray nodded. "She's right. You faced the creature instead of running away. From the sound of it, you drew blood too. You have the whole village looking out for you. They want to repay their debt. If the Wolf should ask... He shall receive help. "

Both eyes opened as he looked from his mother to Sabrina. "Who are you little red? You know nothing about me, yet you have such strong faith in me....." He studied her face, but it was difficult to tell with the hood up. "Lower your hood little red, I wish to see your face." He said tilting his head. His mother was almost finished with the stitches. 

Sabrina blushed a bit when she heard Ray’s words about her being right as well as when she heard him say that he’d like to see her face. She lifted the hood and placed it behind her head to rest against her neck before saying in reply to his question and statements, “I’m just a traveler. Your mom and dad took such great care of me when I was recovering from being sick so I wanted to repay the favor and help you after I learned that you were hurt.”

Edited by SkySong278

"So you're a brilliant woman then, figuring out whom my relations are. Then again mum's gift of gab may have let something - OW!" He snarled jerking to the side. Ray simply hummed as she washed her hands and pulled out linen wrappings. "Oh sorry dear my fingers must have slipped." She said. 

"Right......" Wolf said looking unconvinced that it was an accident. His gaze went back to Sabrina.  "How much do you know about the fae?" He asked. "Are you truly human?" He narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously. "What brought you to our vill- AHHHH! By the Greats woman I know that's on purpose!" He snarled again fingers clawing at the stony ground to get away from Ray who was now wrapping his wounded leg and leaned on his splint. "Enough with your invasive questions boy, be nice to the girl! " She snapped back. 

"This thing shows up right after she does and you expect me not to ask questions? AYYYYIIEEEE! Stop that it hurts!" He cried managing to get to his knees and crawl over behind Sabrina glaring at his mother who had jammed her thumb into the open wound to silence him. "She was at the inn all night, I can testify for that! Are you telling me you don't believe the very woman who pushed you into this world?! You've been out here ten years and you've already gone so feral that you forgot about common sense and decency! It's already bad enough that you go days without eating in the winter and run around bare foot and shirtless in weather like this, at least humor your poor mother's heart." She then picked up the bread roll and chucked it at his face where it hit him and fell on his lap. 

The boy blink twice before getting the obvious hint that she wants him to be quite and eat. "I still want answers and I'll give you a few in return. You should see her put da in place. It's quiet impressive..." He said with a small smile before tearing the loaf attempting to stuff his mouth with as much food as possible. 

Sabrina was about to respond to each question he tried to ask before Ray hurt him during each one. Her eyes then widened a bit when she heard what all she said to him as he tried to hide behind her. She nodded in reply to his statement about him still wanting answers before smiling slightly when she heard what he said about her putting his dad in place before starting to give him the answers to the questions he had asked, or tried to ask, earlier.

“I figured that out on my own. I don’t know anything about them and as far as I know, I am. My parents didn’t tell me otherwise before they died a gruesome death when I was fifteen. I’ll spare you the gory details. Word of mouth from other fellow travelers who have been to the village before,” she said in order as he ate the bread that Ray had thrown at him a few minutes before.

Edited by SkySong278

Ray held her hands over her heart at the information about her parents. Wolf swallowed what was in his mouth before he spoke softly. "I apologize for my allegations. Doing what I do, I must keep suspicious of newcomers. You have my empathy. My grandpa was killed when I was a pup. I witnessed it myself. I know what hidden scars of such a tragedy. Now, is there anything you want to know about this place? Three questions for my three, so pick your word choice carefully..."

“It’s okay and I understand. My parents were killed in front of me too but I was able to get away before it found me. I’ve been traveling for about that long,” Sabrina said in reply to just first couple of statements before hearing his question and the other statement that followed. “Well not about this place but about you and that nightmarish creature you fought. Were you born with the ability to shift? Are there others with the same ability? What if there are more of those nightmarish creatures out here somewhere?” she said and asked after a few minutes of silence.

Her eyes then got wider when she realized something. “I think it was actually one of those creatures that killed my parents. The way you described the one you fought sounds like what I saw when I was fifteen except it was in the form of either a misshapen goat or wolf. It was hard to make out from where I was on the porch.”

Edited by SkySong278

"A wolf with ram horns and goat back end wolf front body?" He described. "I was born with this ability, my brother too, and my dad and grandad mom is a human through and through. I'm the thirteenth born with this ability. There's others similar however they are often split between Dark and Light. I am of the Light meaning my powers are for protection and healing.  Unfortunately there are more of that creature, only more like demons and things that'll make anyone run for the hills. Some aren't as dangerous as others, but this nightmare of a beast is the strongest I've faced."  He explained before finishing off his bread. 

“Yes. Did you fight that one?” Sabrina said and asked in reply to his question before listening to everything else he said with curiosity. “That’s good to know and very interesting. With more of those creatures out here I guess we need to stay in the village to stay safe,” she said in the silence after he had finished eating his bread. The ‘we’ she had spoken of was her, his mom, and all the villagers that lived there.

"Only one dared to enter my territory. Yes, that's the one that got me. But until it's dealt with, it's best if you stay in the gate. I heard it got my goat. I was looking forward to mutton chops.... and I could've used a extra pelt to fix my pants. " He looked at her then at his mother. "Thanks, but you both should head back for lunch. Your stomachs are complaining..." 

“Okay and we’ll get you another one,” Sabrina said in reply to his statements before nodding in reply to what he said last and then getting up afterward to head towards the entrance of the cave. When she was there, she waited for Ray to catch up to her do that they could go back to the village together.

Edited by SkySong278

"No. I'm not leaving my son out here for you to starve and freeze! You're coming back home!" Ray said pulling him to his feet. He yelped as she dragged him from the cave and back down the path limping from his leg injury and splint. "Okay fine... I'm in no shape to argue but I'll walk on my own mum!" He growled straightening. He was very tall much like his dad and now in the light he looked a little too pale, almost blue in his hands and feet and his ribs showed slightly. 

They entered the gate finding Dominic with the other "little reds" ready to send them out. Ray had left a couple hours early and it was finally high noon. "No need to send them out. I helped our protector already and found our son in bad shape. He helped our Wolf drag the carriage driver to our gate and fend off the creature that attacked it. " She said. 

The group cheered and gathered around. Various people spoke at once.

"Zachary is back!" A guy shouted.

"No that's his younger twin Adonis you idiot, Zachary has gold eyes and silver hair!" A girl retorted. 

"Isn't Adonis the one who got sent to his grandfather for being so wild ten years ago? " Another girl muttered.

"Thanks for helping our protector Zach!" Someone called from the back. 

"Yeah, and his brother went to be useful and studied abroad to be a doctor three years ago. Looks like the prodigal son returns." Another woman said sarcastically. 

"At least Zachary wouldn't be indecently exposed in front of us ladies. He's a gentleman unlike his brutish brother." A blond huffed flipping her hair in disgust.

His eyes went downcast, the people didn't realize he heard every word they said with wolf like hearing, and they didn't really spare him decency by lowering their voices either. His shoulders slumped and he lost several inches by hunching over. Dominic came over. "Ray I told you not to go out there its too dangerous for you and Sabrina should be resting! And boy, you head to the inn this instant! I'll be talking to you later!" He snarled glaring down at his wife then at his son. "You hush! I'm the only one able to locate our protector and I know these woods like the back of my hands! You know full well you can't make me do anything I don't want to and Sabrina was feeling better and asked to help! Don't you have something important to do instead of shouting at your wife and making your own son feel worse than he already does?" She shouted, going quiet at her question obviously ment for him to hear. 

Adonis limped as quickly as he could to the inn, obeying his father's orders. He shoved open the front door with a bang and made his way passed the hospital room and the maids quarters behind that to the small corner of the inn that was his room. It was a small room, dust free and polished thanks to his mom, only one tiny window showed his favorite view of the garden out back, a single bed with fur pelts and a quilt blanket, a small dresser that doubled as a fold down desk and a bedside table with a lamp. He yanked off the fur pelts, spreading them on the bare floor before easing himself down on them, laying on his back and looking at the ceiling, eyes blank and distant.

Sabrina followed behind mother and son back to the village gate where the former declared that she had helped the Wolf and that her son had helped it carry the carriage driver to the gate so that he could be healed before Dominic gave her and her son a lecture. “I’m sorry if I caused any trouble and I’ll be gone in the morning,” she said before following behind their son back inside the inn. She first went back to the medical room she had been staying in, made sure that all of her stuff was in the suitcase, and then went to look for the inn owners’ son.

After a little while longer of looking, she found his room behind the maid quarters and saw him laying on the floor. “Are you okay?” she asked from the doorway. She didn’t want to go in unless he invited her.

Edited by SkySong278

He waved her in. "In pain, hungry, and with a bruised ego but I'll live. I'm used to the floor. The bed is too soft for me now. He didn't mean anything, protecting people is in da's nature. You still have a slight cold and he's correct, you should be keeping warm. I don't need doctor training to know illnesses, I can smell them on people and unlike my Dark distant cousins the werewolves my saliva  and breath heals people. I believe that makes that four questions. I'll ask you one in turn.  Do you really want to leave, or would you want to stay and help kill this creature if it truly is the one that murdered your parents?"

Sabrina listened to everything that he said and nodded in understanding before shivering slightly. “I guess I do need to go lie down again. I guess I could also stay and help fight against that creature but I don’t know the first thing about fighting. I also don’t want to get in the way,” she said in reply as she walked in a bit more into the room. She wasn’t surprised that he had heard her statement about leaving because she just figured it was due to him having a good sense of hearing from being a wolf.

He carefully got up and limped over to her. With a firm hand on her shoulder, he lightly pushed her to the bed and had her sit down, pulling the quilt over her shoulders. "You can lay down here if you still want to talk. After being alone for so long, it's good to hear my voice again. I was worried I might forget how to speak.  If you can use a crossbow, you can fight. And climb a tree. That's the only way I could escape and you'll be safe up on a branch. "

He grunted as he eased back down to the fur, this time sitting up so he can look at her when she spoke. "You have a good smell. A trustworthy one. Would you like to hear about my kind as canins? Or would you rather sleep?"

Sabrina sat down when he gently pushed her down on the piece of furniture before nodding and then saying as he put the quilt over shoulders, “Thank you.” She then listened to everything else he said and was curious about what he said regarding him thinking that he was going to forget how to speak. “I’m glad you didn’t because I like the way you speak. It’s very musical,” she said with a small blush before hearing everything else he said and asked.

“I do know how to use a crossbow. I learned in another town I traveled to when I was 17 and I also know how to climb. Oh thank you and yes because I’m very curious about your kind,” she said with a smile and with the blush still on her cheeks from earlier.

Edited by SkySong278