AroaraAngelwolf

Sky and me 1x1

Little Red Little Red reboot

In a town surrounded by a forest, it isn't unusual to come across a sheep or a goat tethered to a post outside  when you enter from the main road. Around the town there is a wooden gate, two horses thick and taller then the three story inn called Wolf's Moon that is the tallest building in the town. The week of the full moon, nobody is allowed to enter or leave the town during the day, and a curfew is issued once night starts to fall any day of the year. 

The reason? Ask anyone in town, from the elderly man who can barely see, to the smallest of children that could talk. They all would give you the same answer: "There is a wolf in the woods." 
However if travelers attempt to hunt it the towns folk get angry and chase them out. The wolf, they believe, protects them from evil spirits, famine, plagues and wars. So to thank it, each full moon in February they celebrate with feasting dancing and tying up a fattened ram to the post as the moon rises. This year however, has taken a nasty turn. 

You are a traveler who comes across the town. You were sick/injured and they took you in and healed you.  However when their beloved wolf appears to turn against them, you decide to repay the people by solving the mystery surrounding the wolf.  Can you get to the bottom of this without getting killed?

Roles
The "You" preferably female, a strong lead character.
The "town" would be played by me and the "you" in the story
The "wolf" by me. 
This is a one on one.

First come first serve. 

Rules:

No romance until further into the story (8 pages till starting)

Third person please

Dc rules apply

Anime pictures preferred

MUST BE VERY ACTIVE

My Boi:

Name: Adonis (Known as just Wolf  at first)

Race: Canin,  explanation from previous rp-

I am a.... or something... that you speak. Werewolves are truly beastly creatures with all instinct and no rational even when they are human, slaves to the moon and her whims. I am what is called a Cainin. We are masters of magic. Able to change forms, shrink or grow in size and depending on our power, can combine aspects of other creatures. We are born to protect, and I am from a long line of these fae creatures. Yes, Cainin's are a type of fairy. Cainin protection is said to bring good luck, prosperity and good harvest to the places they feel the need to protect. A caninin,  will never kill for sport, or fight each other like common dogs.  I am the strongest yet in my line. My blood could be traced back to the very first of my kind. Caninin people always transform into some sort of wolfish or a member of the fox family. Some can become coyotes, but they are considered impure and darker than most. The things we can control are the size of our bodies, teeth sharpness, shape and length, jaw strength and such. For example, I can get as big as a grizzly with retractable claws like a puma but my main look is a white wolf.

Wolf appearance: 

As above he takes the shape of a wolf that could grow in size or shrink. The thing's he cant change are scars, and his icy blue-white eyes. His injuries when found are the larger scars seen on this wolf.

custom_for_arkinangelowolfe_by_aezadopts

Human appearance: 

He is 6'7" tall, thin and built like a runner. He has cream white hair dark wolf like marks around his eye and any injury he obtains moves to this form. His eyes remane the pale icy blue.

52066f46d667c8286cd8b8b4df4b5ce4.jpg

Name: Sabrina (Brina for short)

Race: human

Appearance: 4589CB4A-C696-4430-9F84-7021EADC25E1.jpg - she’s 5’4” tall and either keeps her long black hair down over her shoulders or pulls it back into a ponytail or braid. she has blue-green eyes and wears a dress and a fancy hat. she has a suitcase with her clothes and other essentials in it and an umbrella in case it rains or snows.

Edited by SkySong278

((I edited the description to say that she wears a dress. I found one with a hat and linked it to the description))

Edited by SkySong278

It was mid February, snow still blanketed the ground, and a chill still bit the air. The westbound breeze made it colder as it shifted through the buildings of the town. However, when everyone else in the right mind would stay inside and by the fire on a cold windy overcast day such as this, the town wasn't in the right mind.

People bustled about. The wood cutter's family set up logs for a ban fire, while the painter and the carpenter worked on masks shaped like wolf heads. Children ran around with streamers and paper chains as mothers chased them with knitted scarves and fur caps to keep them warm. The baker bustled around with several of the town's best cooks preparing a feast as a group of farmers went out to look at the years goats to choose the fattest of the bunch. It was early afternoon, the sun was high but provided no warmth, shadows steadily growing as it started to set early. 

At the inn, where the guests stayed, all was quiet. The Wolf's Moon seemed untouched by the festivities going on, or rather, everyone seemed to avoid it. The owner of the wolf's moon was a massive burly man with cream colored hair and a grey beard on his chin. He could have been a blacksmith but the inn was family business. The man's grey eye looked out for any guest that dare try to mess with this busy time, the other was dead, filmy white and a large scar curved down his cheek. 

The inn itself was beautiful. Murals of a white wolf covered the walls that were plaster, and the wood ones were carved with wolf tracks. Shields hung on the beams and a few columns supporting the roof beams where intricately carved with pictures of a wolf pack, men, and the moon, as if telling an ancient story from the earth to the heavens. 

The man was simply known as Dominic West. Dominic was not only the owner, but the mayor, guard and doctor of the town. His wife, Ray a petite dark haired plump woman was the cook of the establishment. 

Despite the sun still in the sky, lanterns were lit already in the town, the tall fortified wall casting more shadow, making it appear darker then it really was  inside the circular palisade that surrounded the village. The bordering forest  didn't help either with the tall imposing spruce trees that seemed to  entangle any beam of sunlight in it's spiny branches refusing to allow any to reach the well warn pathway between the trunks.

The wide gates were open just enough to fit a horse and a cart threw on both ends of town as everyone got set up for the festivities at sundown soon.

Sabrina was currently traveling in a carriage after walking from her town to the next nearest town. She had heard of another town from a fellow traveler in the town she had been in previously that had a nice inn called The Wolf’s Moon and thought that she’d check it out. While she had been walking in the chilly mid February air earlier, she had developed a stuffy nose and was now continuously blowing it with a handkerchief she had with her which made the carriage driver (not really sure what they’re called) turn and look at her with concern.

“Are you alright miss?” he asked and that caused her to smile slightly at him.

“Yes I’m fine. Just a stuffy nose is all,” she said in reply with a small smile.

When they arrived to the town, the sun was beginning to set and she looked out the curtains to see kids running about and playing with some kind of masks on their faces. There also seemed to be a bonfire going near the center of town and she wondered if the townspeople there would be celebrating something.

The carriage then stopped a little while later outside the inn that she heard about and she hopped out before giving the man a silver coin for his services as well as said thank you before she headed inside the building. She had just stepped inside a few feet when she suddenly faltered and knocked over a chair when falling to the floor. She had developed a small fever while in the carriage and she was a bit dizzy from it.

Edited by SkySong278

Dominic was in the back room organizing the records behind the counter when a sudden ruckus sounded after he heard the tiny silver bell tinkle. He stomped from the office. "Ya two stop rushing- oh miss?!" He snarled at first, eye sweeping the room for the two trouble makers until his gaze landed on a petite women who was unconscious. He quickly was at her side, checking her breathing with a small mirror before feeling her forehead for her temperature. Ray! Get the key to the medical room!" He called. His voice was so deep and naturally loud he had no reason to shout. At once his tiny wife shoved the swinging door to the dinning hall open and snatched a key with a wooden doctor mask above it. Dominic carried the girl to the room once it was opened and he laid her down. "I'll get her things my dear. Could you remove her shoes and hat so she's comfortable? It appears to be a fever caused by the chill. Some of your soup and a cup of tea should do..." He said softly and left the room.

Ray started undoing the girl's shoes when her husband got the woman's bags from the doorway. 

Sabrina was unconscious when the doctor took her to the room but came to when she felt her shoes being taken off by a petite older woman.

“Where am I?” she asked as she attempted to sit up but quickly found that she was very dizzy and her face felt like it was burning.

She remembered getting to the inn but not much afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"You're inside the Wolf's Moon inn dearie. My husband is the owner of this place and the doctor in these parts of the woods. He's bringing your things inside. You caught a fever it looks like, probably from the chill. You should be careful dear." The woman chided her like a mother would a child. She placed her boots at the foot of the bed when her husband darkened the doorway once more and stepped inside with her luggage. "There ya go miss. You fainted right at the door. We'll take care of you here miss, then when you're feeling better you could move to a different room. I'm Dominic West, this little lady is my wife, Ray. Why don't you go make that tea and soup dear?" He said softly, nearly doubling in half to kiss the top of his wife's head.  She nodded and went out of the room. 

He sat in a chair by the bedside and pulled out his doctor bag from under it. "Now, let's make sure a cold is all you have. Can't have my guests getting sick now, and I have to make sure I have the right herbs before we close the gates for tonight." 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Oh and I’m glad I made it here. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this place from other travelers. I’m sorry for being a sudden burden to you,” Sabrina said in reply to all that the little lady said before someone else came in that she thought was the husband she had spoken about earlier and ended up being right about that when she heard him introduce himself and his wife.

“Thank you for bringing in my luggage and it’s nice to meet you. I’m Sabrina and I hope not to be a burden to you for too long,” she said to what he said before asking curiously as she watched take out his doctor bag, “Is your town always as excitable as it is today? When I was coming into it in a carriage earlier I saw a lot of people outside running around with a bonfire going so I’m just curious about why that’s so but also not trying to pry either.”

Edited by SkySong278

Dominic blinked his eye as he pulled out a stethoscope before bursting with a low yet joyful guffaw at her anxious worries. "Nah Miss. Sabrina, you're no bother. We're slow around this time of year, and we love to hear we have a reputation plus any stories travelers such as yourself bring in! You're no burden, not one bit! Now, as for the excitement, it's our yearly tribute to the Wolf protecting this land. No other place has it, it is our own unique holiday. Each year, always on the February's full moon- a moon that we farmers and shepherds call the Wolf's Moon for the packs rome closer due to hunger- we pick the fastest sheep or goat out of all the flocks as a sacrifice to the great Wolf who protects us from evil people, spirits, helps our crops grow by preventing droughts, keeping everyone from getting hungry, and even helping people lost in the woods find their way home safely. At sun down, a single person is to walk outside and tie up the animal to a tree near the woods. When they return we close the gates, seal them shut and wait for the howl. " He explained pulling a wooden rod from the bag and a glass thermometer shaking it till it got to room temperature. 

"Once we hear it, we all throw our heads back and howl too, then the feast and festival begins! We tell stories around the fire about the Wolf, each one telling of an encounter or event involving our protector. The children do plays about how the Wolf came to our humble village. We eat and drink until sun up. Actually the entire week, the gates are closed  art night and gifts are left outside leading up to and after the full moon. Children make toys, the best bread and cuts of meat, finest berries, herbs and spices. People say we worship the Wolf like a god... but we don't like that rumor. We repay the Wolf the best way we can." He says placing the thermometer in her mouth putting the ear buds in. "Breath deeply now..." He said helping her sit up and placing the device on her back to listen to her lungs.  He laid her back down. "Lucky for you, you get to witness the entire festival. We don't allow people to travel the woods during this time and we just sent messengers to the neighboring towns to prevent that, tonight is the very first night. In a day or two you'll be on your feet and get to see the real ceremony first-hand. Consider this cold a blessing miss, you not only get to see our village so alive, but you also have a reason to stay longer. Although we believe the Wolf isn't exactly an animal but a good spirit in animal form, we don't want to risk upsetting it by people trying to catch any more than a glimpse of the creature. Unfortunately we've had a incident with a traveling trapper who got out of the gate two decades ago and nearly killed our protector by setting several bear traps around the woods. A child who was picking flowers during the day almost stepped in one if the Wolf hadn't published her away, only for it to snap on its face..." He said removing the thermometer from her mouth and studying the reading. 

Ray walked in with a tray of soup and tea. "Aye, and I owe it a great deal of debt for saving me that day. I was only seven years old. Cut up my hands trying to get it off. " she says placing pillows behind Sabrina before setting the tray on her lap and showing the girl her scared hands. "But it was worth every bit of pain I had to save our beloved savior. Are you certain now it's only a cold dear?" She said putting her hands on her waist as if offended that he had to double check her prognosis. "Yes dumpling, you're right, it's just a common cold. Something warm and some rest would work wonders. " He said attention first to his wife then to Sabrina. "I'll get you a warmer blanket and start the wood stove..." He left to gather the things he needed. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sabrina nodded and felt slightly better when she heard everything that Dominic said about her not being a burden at all and then listening to the story about the wolf around there and why there was a celebration going on. When she heard the part about the wolf getting injured due to protecting a small girl, she frowned a bit and wondered to herself if maybe it didn’t like that at all but didn’t say that aloud. When Ray came back with a tray that had tea and soup on it and had set it down, she looked at the scarred hands as she showed them to her and listened to what she said about what happened.

“I guess you were lucky that the wolf was there to help you or it could have been worse,” she said after the thermometer was taken out of her mouth and studied before starting to slowly eat the soup. She then nodded to what he said regarding something warm and rest would do some good after hearing that she just had a cold and then nodded again when she heard his last statement about getting her a warm blanket as well as starting the wood stove.

"That story was actually thirty years ago today. Of course he- er... it didn't take to kindly to having a bear trap to the eye but it survive. Although between you and me sweety, many people think the Wolf is an ancient creature... I however think otherwise." She grinned and went to light the wood stove. She then went to a linen closet, pulled out a bear pelt blanket lined with velvet underneath and laid it over her just as her husband came in scratching his head.

"I can't find-"  He stopped and laughed at his little wife tapping her foot. 

"Didn't you remember that  I keep a box of matches with me, and that we rearranged the closets three months ago to make room for your herb drying?" "I..... I forgot dumpling. I'd lose my head if it weren't for you. Now miss. Sabrina, if you want to change clothes ring this and a maid would assist you I don't want you to collapse again. " He set a brass bell by the bedside table along with a candle and some matches. "It'll be dark soon, so you'll need this. We have a bathroom right across from this room. I'll check on you in the morning at breakfast to see if that fever is going down any. Sleep tight miss. " He nodded and left the room, going back to his organising. 

"Do you mind if I sit with you a little bit sweety?" Ray asked. "Just until your finished with your meal, then I'll let you rest." She said sitting on the second bed beside Sabrina's, so two of the four are occupied. She pulled out some embroidery floss and a cloth from her apron pocket started to sew quietly. 

Sabrina listened to what Ray said and was curious as to why she broke off mid-sentence before continuing. She nodded in understanding to what she said about her thinking otherwise of the wolf being an ancient creature like everyone else thought before Dominic came back and she was eating the soup again. She hid a smile behind her hand when she heard the exchange between the two and then nodded when he explained what the bell was for as well as what he said in regards to checking on her on the morning.

“No I don’t mind,” she said in reply to Ray’s statement about keeping her company until she was finished with her soup and tea before finishing up eating the soup afterward in the next few spoonfuls that she had left.

She then drank all of her tea but made sure to take her time sipping it so as not to overdo it and have a coughing fit due to drinking it too fast. It had happened before and she didn’t want to do it again. She set both the empty bowl and teacup back down on the tray before looking outside the window that was close to the bed that she was laying down in.

Edited by SkySong278

Ray put away her sewing and opened the curtain a bit more for her to get a better view before taking the tray of her finished meal out of the room. 

Outside it was still a bustle going on, night falling quickly. Lanterns were already lit, children started to act out plays as a person in a crimson cloak slipped from the gate. Then they ran back inside panicked. Dominic was at the young boy's side in a insistent then out the gate with a group of men.  They returned with the carriage driver who looked limp.

Sabrina was watching the hustle and bustle outside when she also noticed Dominic hurrying back outside with a young boy. She looked shocked when she recognized the carriage driver that had brought her there earlier that day and that he was limp.

“Ray! Something bad happened!” she called to the inn owner’s wife.

Ray came in with a somber face. "Jack was taking the offering out to the spot. Red is what we wear so the Wolf could see us approach but.... He found the driver. Something spooked the horse and he was knocked unconscious. We have no idea where the carriage was or the horse. Will it be okay if he stays in here with you? I can put up a screen for privacy." She explained, cheeks flushed from stepping out into the cold. 

Sabrina listened to everything that Ray said with a grim expression on her face and nodded in understanding before hearing the question as well as the last statement regarding the privacy screen being set up.

“Yes that’s fine,” she said in reply with a smile before it faded slightly and she added a few minutes afterward, “I hope he’ll be okay.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Oh I do too dear." She said as she moved around the large room setting up the screens for both Sabrina and the carriage driver as they brought him inside on the stretcher. A few guests came down to see the commotion and another doctor who was staying at the inn helped Dominic with the wounds of the man. 

Sabrina nodded before watching as the privacy screens were put up and then watched from behind her screen as people filtered in out of curiosity and to also help heal the driver’s wounds. Then so as not to be too weird or look like she was staring, she went back to looking out the window.

Once everything settled down, the owner couple were whispering to each other when they believed everyone is asleep. 

"I'm worried about him Dominic, he hasn't shown up when I went out to place the offering with his dinner at his den. And those bite marks.. do you think that he could've gone dark?" Ray whispers softly to her husband who was attending to the driver's wounds. 

"His scent was there, and I found his paw prints Ray, I'm not sure. I hope our son hasn't gone dark. The people here depend on him like they depended on me. You should watch your stories though love, the one you told the girl almost revealed our secret."

"She feels different, she might be the one for our son, like I was for you. But you know the risks, you were there when we found out that the butcher's daughter was practicing dark worship, who knows what creatures she summoned, and a sacrificed animals? We still haven't found her circle. Adonis isn't you, he's troubled by the fact he has to guard the village instead of his older twin. He's not pure. If whatever that girl called in the woods affects our boy and makes him something more dangerous than any dark fae you fought?" She whispers back. 

"Don't doubt your son Ray. He's a fine Wolf, it takes more than a demon to affect us Canins. Come now, let's go get some rest. It's going to be a long week.." He whispered back and picked her up carrying her from the room. 

Dawn came almost lazily. The preparation for the mane event was still underway, although there was a palpable tension in the brisk frosty air. Ray came in with a meat and vegetable soup and the tea again. 

Sabrina was almost fast asleep when she heard Dominic and Ray whispering softly to themselves. She heard some of the conversation regarding canins and wondered what that was as well as hearing that the Wolf was their son. She thought that it meant that they took it in when it was a pup and have been looking after it ever since. What did that bit of me ‘being the one’ for it mean, though? she thought to herself before just mentally shrugging it off and falling asleep completely soon after.

She was still sleeping when dawn came and when Ray brought her some soup and tea again. She only woke up when she smelled how close the soup was to her.

“I’m feeling a bit better today,” she said after she had rubbed her eyes and had fully woken up.

Edited by SkySong278

"That's wonderful! I'll take your temperature now before you eat." She replied getting out the thermometer and shaking it. She read the temperature reading and smiled. "Your fever went down, by lunch you should be on your feet again, just bundle up before you go outside okay?" She said then left after setting the tray on her lap. 

“Okay,” Sabrina said in reply before the thermometer was put in her mouth. When it was taken out and she heard what Ray said, she smiled and nodded. “I’ll make sure to do that so that I don’t get sick again,” she said in reply before the tray with the soup and tea was set in her lap. After the former left the room, she started to eat the soup.

Once more panic ensued. Once they opened the gate a scream sounded and once more Dominic was running to the commotion, Ray hot on his heals. A goat was dragged inside. Along with the horse that drove the carriage. Children who were curious were shooed away from the gruesome sight. Ray started screaming and sobbing uncontrollably holding a large wad of bloody white fur to her chest, her voice could be heard in the morning silence. "I told you! I knew it's not our protector! We have to find him! He's hurt badly! He would never do this to us!" 

A chorus started up as everyone shouted at once.

"We have to find the Wolf!"

"It could be hurt!"

"Let us repay our debt!"

"Everyone who's willing can go out to find it!"

"Find the Wolf! Find the Wolf! FIND THE WOLF!" They all shouted. 

Dominic raised his hands and everything went still again. 

"Teams of two! One man one woman! Men get your weapons, ladies come with me and I'll make baskets of medical supplies. Volunteers will leave at noon. Something else is out there other than our protector and we must be on guard! The Wolf is pure white, when you spot it, and it you say softly, 'Wolf, Wolf, it's me little red.' He'll know you're there to help him. Wait until he nods to approach. Then ladies, and ladies only approach, men guard both your partner and the Wolf, make sure your back is turned! Everything clear?"

"YES!"

"Go!"

The crowd split and ran around the village. Ray rushed into the medical room, still crying and clutching the fur, rummaging around the closet pulling out pre-made baskets of medical herbs, bandages and ointment.