hippocamus

Sweetlings regular & alts on one scroll

55 minutes ago, hippocamus said:

Here on this page are both of the form of Sweetlings.

https://dragcave.net/user/Siliskor/20
How can they be obtained?
How is that possible?

There was a change made in the way alts work last Valentines. I'm not entirely sure how it is now, either, but as I understood, previous alt owners are now able to get regular sweetlings of their own, but regular sweetling owners still cannot get the alt version on their scroll. 

Edited by esse

3 minutes ago, esse said:

but regular sweetling owners still cannot get the alt version on their scroll. 

But it's not fair!
It is not known whether there was any way to get alt?

8 minutes ago, hippocamus said:

But it's not fair!
It is not known whether there was any way to get alt?

Alts were given as compensation for a glitch that happened during the initial release, in which people who obtained their sweetlings too early got their eggs automatically abandoned.  I understand that, from a completionist's perspective, it is, indeed, unfair. However, if you were not affected by the inconvenience, why is it unfair that you can't get the compensation? 

There's an entire discourse over it during the holidays, if I remember correctly. If you'd like more information regarding the issue, I believe the appropriate holiday threads would be your reliable source.  

There will never be a way for those who weren't affected by the glitch to get the black ones. Such is life :(

3 hours ago, esse said:

Alts were given as compensation for a glitch that happened during the initial release, in which people who obtained their sweetlings too early got their eggs automatically abandoned.  I understand that, from a completionist's perspective, it is, indeed, unfair. However, if you were not affected by the inconvenience, why is it unfair that you can't get the compensation? 

There's an entire discourse over it during the holidays, if I remember correctly. If you'd like more information regarding the issue, I believe the appropriate holiday threads would be your reliable source.  

What @esse and others have said. Changes were made over the Valentine holidays so that now the ones that had the alt sweets can have both ( I UNDERSTAND the reasoning behind and such but I do get the 'its not fair' point of view also...)

AS was mentioned there was CONSIDERABLE discussion over it, sometimes rather heated. Bottom line, as @Fuzzbucket said, that door is basically closed to those of us who didn't suffer that particular glitch. Whether WE see it as fair or not, that was the spriter's decision, basically.

Edited by JavaTigress

2 hours ago, hippocamus said:

I would like to suffer from glitch...

It was way back in 2010. It won't be happening again.

But actually what the spriter said was that it should revert to the way it was -  scroll-coded. TJ didn't choose to do that. A pity.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It was way back in 2010. It won't be happening again.

But actually what the spriter said was that it should revert to the way it was -  scroll-coded. TJ didn't choose to do that. A pity.

Corrected... of course, thank you @Fuzzbucket