TJ09

2018-04-01 - Happy Something!

Ok so, someone bring me up to speed. What's the best answer in the mini-game to get a chance at an upside-down mint...  I wasn't totally clear on how this worked last year, either.

5 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

It's a mint with a literal upside down sprite. :P Yours doesn't appear to be upside down, but if you have a look at mine (you need to click onto their view page, as the lineage page doesn't show it) you'll see what we mean.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jiTPq

https://dragcave.net/lineage/bcCSr (last year's)

Oh how cute.  So it stays that way? Well I guess it must since yours from last year is upside down.

Darn, oh well.  at least I got a cavebred Mint!  :)  Thanks for the info Stormwizard. :)

So, I'm guessing if we got a Mint last year we can't get another one this year? I'm totally cool with it, I was just curious.

I just got an upside down mint, but now I feel bad oof the guilt

Also, are there like regular mints and then upside down ones? I'm still pretty new to this game and this is my first mint - hunting experience.

9 minutes ago, Syiren said:

So, I'm guessing if we got a Mint last year we can't get another one this year? I'm totally cool with it, I was just curious.

No I think if you read Stormwizards post above you will see she has one last year and this year.

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

You get another chance this year!

edit: :ph34r:

Edited by SkyWolf25

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Yes you can - I did.

the only answer that can get an upsydownsy is to dob. But that may not work - it will only get you one if the other person says nothing.

I hope someone will manage to save all the Spirit Ward green versions....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, I always knew the game couldn't have just paired me up with some random person, sounds like just too much effort for a silly one-time prank. Oh well.

YEA ok got my upside-down mint, my life is complete now.

3 minutes ago, Sannois said:

Oh how cute.  So it stays that way? Well I guess it must since yours from last year is upside down.

Darn, oh well.  at least I got a cavebred Mint!  :)  Thanks for the info Stormwizard. :)

Yep, it stays that way! :) It's just a novelty thing, since you can't see it in lineage view, but it's a cute little memory each time you visit the actual dragon's page. Just a tip, though! It's useful to give the Mint a name you'll remember (mine has 'Upsidedown' in its name) otherwise you'll have to click through all of your Mint dragons to find it, since it shows up the normal way on your scroll. 

Congrats to everyone getting the upside down Mints! Enjoy your new little dragons! ^_^

31 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

As per the Wikia, you DO have to blame the other person to get a CHANCE at an Upside Down Mint.

Reveal hidden contents

The Rules

You've been paired with a random user. Both of you are presented with the same choice: Blame the other person, or say nothing.

If one person blames and one person says nothing, the person that blamed gets a special egg.
If you both say nothing, you both get a normal egg.
If you both blame, you both get nothing.
Choose wisely!

Huh. That's interesting. I just assumed it was some flavor text and then a 50/50 chance

But it seems if you choose to say nothing you're literally screwing yourself over no matter what then. Sorry to the other person whom I've been paired up with I guess? x.x

11 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

You get another chance this year!

edit: :ph34r:

Awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to get to it. It's not popping up at the top of my page like it did last year. ^^;

Edit: nevermind, I found it. Man I'm tired lol.

Edited by Syiren

I like the neon green theme this year :P All the Easter Eggs I've found are the same colour!

Spoiler

1sd6x35.png 1ps7ks3.gif m1yqm8.gif cmrtq0.gif 1evn2ey.png be13pz.png il3f9n.png

Edited by kittyrules2003

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to get to it. It's not popping up at the top of my page like it did last year. ^^;

Click any biome and it should.

1 minute ago, Dorchet said:

Click any biome and it should.

Thanks, I found it right after I posted. That's what I get for working late hours. ^^;

1 minute ago, RedPandas said:

My Daydream Male isn't green....did they forget to do that one or smthing?

I think its because the artist didnt want a color change, I could be wrong, but thats my best guess.

5 minutes ago, Yhme said:

But it seems if you choose to say nothing you're literally screwing yourself over no matter what then. Sorry to the other person whom I've been paired up with I guess? x.x

Well, if you say nothing you get a regular Mint (if you are not eaten) but it should be coming from the Cave instead of one of the regular biomes.  So that makes it a bit special anyway.

I think its because the artist didnt want a color change, I could be wrong, but thats my best guess.

This. They probably need the Artist's permission, and some artists are inactive / don't want the change :) A lot of dragons don't have it.

3 minutes ago, RedPandas said:

My Daydream Male isn't green....did they forget to do that one or smthing?

Some spriters do not allow recolors of their sprites, and ones like Witchlight, many of the two-headeds, etc are some.

Oh that sounds about right. I think the Daydream dragons would look pretty ugly green.

I got my mint!  But, I'm curious.  Do we keep it and/or does it stay like this after the event is over?  Not that I mind if the answer is "no" to either one.

Just now, Lightstorm12000 said:

I got my mint!  But, I'm curious.  Do we keep it and/or does it stay like this after the event is over?  Not that I mind if the answer is "no" to either one.

The Mint will stay on your scroll.