TJ09

2018-04-01 - Happy Something!

First time since 2012 that I didn't get all of the eggs. ;__; Oh well. I shouldn't fly away on vacation over Easter, I guess. XD At least the hotel's wifi was good enough for me to catch some eggs in the evenings, so my basket isn't completely empty!

Wow first time I didn't get all the eggs.

Half forgot about it actually and was on vacation for once. Next year I won't miss it again.

Eggs and Halloween treats drop every 11 or 12 minutes. They always have, and I've managed to collect all of them each year. I set a timer for 12 minutes after I collect one, then wander away until it goes off. Refresh the page, collect the new item, restart the timer. It never fails. 

Thank you TJ and all the spriters! This was a most enjoyable Happy Something :D  I loved TJ's original announcement post to the event.

I loved all the green tiny eggs that changed to their real colors.  It was fun to see a great many dragons on my scroll green.  I had trouble discerning some of them without their true colors and I found I couldn't sort my scroll during their green-ness because it hurt my brain.  That's what happens when one gets old.

I didn't remember Dragon Dilemma at all from last year so I went through those posts and realized that I was in hospital and missed it completely though I did get all my tiny eggs for my basket.  This year I did play Dragon Dilemma and thought it puzzling.  I also managed to get all 54 tiny eggs too.

Dang nabbit!  I didn't get all the eggs this year....:(  I didn't even look at complete collections until the last few hours.  I would have LOVED to get that new Star Scream color variant, but NO!  I guess I was too busy.

By the way, if anyone is curious, look at that glowing red egg with the hexagons around it in a back background. It looks really cool!

Barely managed to get all the eggs, but I did it! It was quite a night for me (thankfully my night shift was very peaceful, so I could focus on collectig eggs, haha) and for a bit I wasn't sure I could make it. That's what I get for being such a forgetful person! Anyway, it was fun as always and I really enjoyed the Happy Something c:

mewtie-1.png.8995c7735abc6408b3c69a96bc5e5805.png

This egg is a reference to this portal.

mewtie-2.png.f0ddfbbefc423987921181cbcc630ed8.png Lightbloom by Mewtie

Nothing is being referenced with this egg, but as a little extra information, the flower is one I originally made but never submitted for the Flowers and Dragons event.

1 hour ago, pegasi1978 said:

Eggs and Halloween treats drop every 11 or 12 minutes. They always have, and I've managed to collect all of them each year. I set a timer for 12 minutes after I collect one, then wander away until it goes off. Refresh the page, collect the new item, restart the timer. It never fails. 

This year it obviously did, at least for me. Most times, there were 20+ minutes between 2 eggs appearing. For a short while yesterday, there were 3 eggs appearing with about 5 minutes between them, then the span switched back to being super slow. I'm sure about that, as I watched the clock and actually expected them to drop every 11-12 minutes, as they used to. Something seems to have been different this year :(

Oh well... there was no chance for me to catch all eggs this year. 3 days are a horribly short time, if you have to go to work. A few more days would have been really nice ;__; (Especially since this is the first time ever that I didn't get all of them, which makes my collection incomplete. Also, my favorite egg was one of the last 7 ones I didn't get :( )

Anyway, the eggs were beautiful. Thank you, spriters.

I agree that they fell less frequently than usual. I had 2 and a half hours left last night to collect the last 11 eggs. If they were falling every 12 minutes I would have been able to catch them all. As it was, several of them had 20+ minute spaces between them and I missed being able to get the last one. I was constantly refreshing after 10 minutes each time, but there was just no egg there, anywhere. Very disappointing as it was the first time I have been unable to get them all. Usually I try to get them all the first day, but I had no time at all until late in the day Sunday, and then only a few scattered hours to hunt them after that. I shouldn't have to give up my sleep to catch them all!

Please cam we have consistent spacing? 10 to 12 minutes is okay if we can count on it.

They definitely weren't falling at a consistent rate, and I'm almost certain the drop times were shorter in previous years. I refreshed every 10 minutes, if one didn't appear I'd keep refreshing every minute until it did appear, sometimes it took at *least* 13-14 minutes between the drops (and I see some people saw even longer times).  It wasn't consistent either because there was at least one drop where I was hunting the AP and a FoE egg showed up before 10 minutes had passed. 

Honestly I had no issue getting them all because I'm on DC pretty much all day when I'm not working, but I totally get that not everyone can do that!

The long drop stretches are part of what messed me up. I'd try clicking for a while, then go do something else, and forget to come back. Usually, I'd do some actual scroll work and pick up new eggs consistently, but when they weren't appearing all that often, I thought I'd come back to the scroll worl, but kept being drawn father from the computer.

First year I didn't get them all, too. Usually, the drop rate would speed up a little in the last hour, but it seemed to slow down this year. Bleh.

Edited by stardust13

Since the Festival of Eggs and April Fool's are over, I will close this. Thank you TJ and spriters for the event!