Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhiaaaaa7249

Hey!

I just found this site and I'm in love haha, I've been obsessed with dragons ever since I was a little kid, so this is a really cool platform for me to have stumbled upon! I hope to make some friends on here who are just as lame and nerdy as I am haha! I'm a high school student, I'm canadian, and I have a cat! I really don't think there's much more important information to know about someone than that lol.

Hello and welcome! I love dragons too, plus unicorns and griffins. What kind of cat do you have? I love calicos and brown-and-whites, though I'm a dog person at heart.

Welcome to Dragon Cave and its forum. If you are ever looking for help understanding the game the Mentoring Project here is a good place to start.

Thank you guys! @purpledragonclaw I have a long-haired calico! She can be really crazy at times but she's such a a sweetheart! @DorchetI looked into that actually, but I think I'm understanding everything so far! Thank you for the recommendation though :)

Is anyone able to give me a tip on adding a signature? It doesn't show up even when I put things in it

Edit: I've tried putting the bbcode into the code section of the sig but it just appears as a string of characters rather than an image. What am I doing wrong? I realize that I'm incredibly stupid lol but I can't figure this out for the life of me

@Rhiaaaaa7249

When you paste in a link,  there will be a line of text (  Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead) underneath the main box that says "Pasted As Rich Text." (The rich text should resemble this).

[img=http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/5/5a/Fire_Gem_blue_female_hatchi.png]

Then, with that link when pasted there is also the option to "Paste As Plain Text" click that and it should show the image instead. (i.e below, which is the same text as above except changed to "Paste As Plain Text" which would get the hatchie image from the text above to that image below).

Fire_Gem_blue_female_hatchi.png

Hope this was what you meant! ^.^

@Dorchet I tried that and it didn't seem to work...are you pasting a BBcode? If so, where? In the link section, the code section, or just the main box?

2 minutes ago, Rhiaaaaa7249 said:

@Dorchet I tried that and it didn't seem to work...are you pasting a BBcode? If so, where? In the link section, the code section, or just the main box?

I use the main section of the signature bar when adding links to it. I got the codes from here (https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/170522-image-codes-for-all-egg-and-hatchling-sprites/) for my example. 

I am curious, what are you trying to link into your signature?

@Dorchet one of my own dragons using the link under "Show HTML/BBcode Links". The one that says to use it for signatures. This is the link that it gave me: 

Lmao I pasted it and it didn't even show up?? Like it did but then I hit save to post my reply and it just wasn't there...

15 minutes ago, Rhiaaaaa7249 said:

@Dorchet one of my own dragons using the link under "Show HTML/BBcode Links". The one that says to use it for signatures. This is the link that it gave me: 

Lmao I pasted it and it didn't even show up?? Like it did but then I hit save to post my reply and it just wasn't there...

Oh, okay. Just so you know, if I remember the rules for the forum correctly, you actually are not allowed to post links to your growing dragons in forum signatures/posts in general and, if you do, they do not appear. You have to post them in hatcheries instead if you want clicks on them.

oh okay, that's good to know! I'm pretty sure the one I was trying to link was and adult though...oh well :P thank you for all your help!

You're welcome! (Yeah, then its no linking to any dragons on the forums, haha).