TehUltimateMage

red eyes | take warning [[modern day sandbox open and accepting]]

@Epyon I did see-r these sheets, but only now do I remember to go-st reply to them. Gogo Jack and Ding! ;0

5Bd1cEK.png

(i'm gonna do some overdue writin' this weekend 👍)

Peridot and Lavender ~ Enter the Fray

Peridot takes a long sip of his coffee. He had had more than enough of the prattling going on next to him, some **** about crushes and other things. It more than makes him want to finish his coffee and go over to the Red Cobras to chill. But this is his friend time with Lavender, he knows he ought to not snap at the children next to him. The coffee has yet to kick in, yet Lavender boldly taps his shoulder. “You okay, man? You’re kinda quiet.” Peridot shakes his head. Those thoughts are happening again. Little Christianos, the poor kid, he didn’t deserve to be offed just like that. No, it should’ve been Peridot, not Chris. He was too young, had his whole life ahead of him—

Those thoughts cloud his mind until he begins to see the things around him change. He finds himself in his childhood home. His dad is cooking one of the finest French recipes he knew, while his mother holds a tiny baby in her arms. Peridot feels himself coloring a picture, he remembers it being their family dog, Mikos. Mikos, meanwhile, casually chases his tail in the middle of the kitchen, obviously trying to get himself a treat. There’s a lot of pleasant smells that fill the room, making Peridot feel hungry. The smell of sautéing onions fills the kitchen most prominently.

Peridot finishes his picture and shows it off to his mother. “Mama! Look! It’s Mikos!” His mother smiles very warmly. “It’s beautiful, Perri. What a beautiful drawing.” He grins widely and grabs another piece of paper…

…Snapping him back into reality. Peridot sighs, wishing the memory was not simply so. He looks at Lavender. “Thanks, Lav. I needed that.” Lavender grins at him.

Hey, it’s no problem. Anything I can do for ya. After all, our experiences of loss require similar coping mechanisms. Whatever helps you clear your head, I gotchu, man. Don’t worry.” He feels ever the more grateful to have his friend in his life. Lavender, meanwhile, feels the thoughts begin to swarm again. She closes her eyes and creates a memory with her brother. Lucas is showing her all types of different games he likes to play, but Lavender is most interested in the Sims. Something about having control of the world has its appeal. Lucas seems so happy, so full of life. At the age of 13, life seems just so simple. They play games in their childhood home while their parents are there, alive and real, looking into each other’s eyes with all the love in the world. It’s bliss, it’s home.

Lavender snaps into reality, her mind now clear. She pats Perri’s shoulder and sips her coffee, happy she was able to help herself calm down for once.

Calli | Mirage Tea and Coffee

"Are y'all gonna pay? I'd like to get my caffeine before I fall asleep standing up."

Calli turns her head to find the source of the words, her snickering dying down and the distraction causing the carmine glow in her eyes to fade away. "Sorry..." she murmured, shifting her weight from one foot to the other before stepping back from the moody teenager. Amber rolled her eyes as she passed the debit card over to Baron. In only a few moments, Amber had her Frappe and Calli directed them to one of the smaller tables. "I guess they're serious when someone says to not mess around with anyone's coffee," Calli muttered, smirking in the next heartbeat. 

Amber snorts at the remark, tasting her drink and smiling; she was pleased with her order. "People are just a bunch of grouches. Just ignore the ones who get their panties all in a twist!" she advised. Taking another sip of her drink, the blonde looks around at the people occupying the coffee shop. Something caught her eye. "Look."  Following her friend's pointed finger, Calli studied the sign, almost surreptitiously placed towards the side of the shop. "They're hiring. You should apply for it. You've been looking for something to do to gain experience."

Humming, Calli replied on a brief exhale. "I don't know. I've never worked a coffee shop before. Do you think they'd even bother with me?"

"Only one way to find out," Amber replied, a sing-song tone to her words.

----| Aine - Down the block from Scarlet Iris |----

"See ya, Junos! Save some pancakes for me when I get back!"

--------------------------

With a wave of her hand and a piece of toast still in her mouth, Aine set out from the Scarlet Iris, slinging a camera strap around her neck along the way. Where was she going to take photos today? Oh! Maybe down by the highway! Now that her destination was set, she began a slow amble down the block, pausing to snap pictures of whatever caught her interest. There was a mom with two kids, a man arguing with another businessman, and -- red! With a single practiced motion, she whipped out her camera in a flash and instantly zoomed in on her target.

"C'mon, where is it? I swear I saw it just a second ago!"

As she struggled to locate the speck of crimson, she inadvertently began to lean forward, pushing through the now-thick crowd. That was weird -- there wasn't usually this many people, was there? Why would they want to visit some random street under a highway anyway? People must really be getting bored. Whatever. She wasn't gonna judge -- although they were making it really difficult for her to get a good shot. She'd long since given up looking through the finder in favor of shielding her camera from the dangers of the general populace. Even if Aperture did give her cameras for free, money was money, and who knew what kind of people were in this crowd! Better safe than sorry!

Actually, was it just her imagination, or was the crowd getting thinner? The last dredges of chatter slipped away with the crowd just as she emerged, leaving her alone with an echoing maze of concrete and steel.

She took a step back--

whoosh

--and quickly recovered, just in time to watch the back of a van speed away.

"That was... a bit too close."

For a moment, she simply stood at the edge of the sidewalk, before she recovered her senses and noticed the emptiness in her palms. No way -- had her camera fallen? And after all the trouble she went through to protect it too! Indeed, her beloved camera was nothing more than shards at her feet, its plastic case twisted into grotesque unrecognizability. Great -- she'd just gone through all that trouble for nothing. What was it now, the third camera this month? At this rate, she'd have to beg Aperture to keep the deal going! Sigh -- there was no helping it now, was there. She'd just have to pay more attention.

It was a good thing she carried a backup camera at all times, otherwise she'd have missed plenty of good photos on her walk -- like that woman over there!

She held up the camera, clicked the button, and -- CRASH!

"Agh! Well, I hope the camera's not broken... again."

After she'd verified that her camera was definitely very, very, safe, she looked up to see what she'd bumped into this time. Not a pole -- that was good. Instead, it was a lady with short brown hair who looked pretty much average, maybe with a bit of attitude sprinkled on? Probably not a good person to annoy, at any rate. Also, they were in the middle of the street, which wasn't a very good spot to stop and chat, or bump into people for that matter.

"What can I say? I guess you really knocked me off my feet!" With a painful attempt at a joke, she got up and motioned to the crossing light, which was now flashing a bright red hand. "We should probably get off the road before you murder me for bumping into you, unless you want to turn red like that light."

Edited by Lemniscate

Heather | Get out of the road!

Honestly, she didn't know what to do with her day. Sipping the tea that still emitted steam through the to-go lid, Heather kept her brown eyes focused on the hot drink. Given that it was a Saturday, she supposed she could go grocery shopping. She needed to plan out a couple meals for the next few days because work was going to be too demanding for improvisation. That seemed the better option, when weighed against aimless wandering around the downtown area. Sighing, she took another sip. She didn't like shopping but food was, unfortunately, vital. Maybe she might hap-

Something slammed into her in the middle of the crosswalk, yielding to the impact. Staggering a few steps back, only a second collision with another body kept her from outright crashing to the ground. Too bad it didn't save her drink from the same fate. As heat began to flood across her chest and abdomen, Heather regained her balance and composure. Someone was speaking but her focus wasn't tasked with decipher from where or to whom. Instead, she softly uttered an oath as she plucked at her shirt and coat, studying the light brown liquid that now decorated her formerly plain top. Wonderful....

Finally, the noise of words registered in her brain and she snapped her gaze up to see who was talking. A young looking girl with dark hair and hazel or light brown eyes. 'Get off the road'? Glancing about quickly, Heather noticed the lack of pedestrians remaining in the crosswalk and the number of drivers staring at the 'crime' scene. Nodding, a brief and jerky motion, Heather absently grabbed for the girl's elbow and started for the sidewalk. "I'm not going to murder you," she stated flatly. 

The spilt tea was still making her torso uncomfortably hot, forcing Heather to remove her coat and drape it over her arm as she gingerly held her shirt out about an inch. "Are you okay?" The question had come as a second thought to her, following the internal concern about her lost drink. Giving the other girl a quick once-over, her eyes drifting from head to toe, Heather noted the camera that she held.