TJ09

2018-03-25 - March Dragon Release

Do we know anything about genders yet ? Like, is one of them males only, females only or what ? Unless it hasn’t been stated anywhere, but I’m just curious 

1 minute ago, jostensminyard said:

Do we know anything about genders yet ? Like, is one of them males only, females only or what ? Unless it hasn’t been stated anywhere, but I’m just curious 

Only holidays are one-gender, new releases are always both genders (not counting the old-old-old cheeses and that kind of stuff.)

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Only holidays are one-gender, new releases are always both genders (not counting the old-old-old cheeses and that kind of stuff.)

Alright, wasn’t aware of that until just now - thank you so much for the answer <3

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The artist can decide if they have a male and female sprite, you don't have to make two adult sprites for non holiday dragons. The same with the gender.

Edited by Shajana

1 minute ago, Shajana said:

The artist can decide if they have a male and female sprite, you don't have to make two adult sprites for non holiday dragons. The same with the gender.

Yes, they don't always have different sprites for male and female, but I was talking about *having* two different genders. Only holiday dragons are one-gender-only, throughout most of DC history. The only dragons that had only one gender were released years and years ago. 

Got all my speckled ones. Are the purple ones in a specific biome? All I've seen of those are the gold ones.

Just now, Riverwillows said:

Got all my speckled ones. Are the purple ones in a specific biome? All I've seen of those are the gold ones.

They are in the forest.

52 minutes ago, Broken_Gems said:
2 hours ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

...anyone else think they know what that speckled dragon is? It really reminds me of an old DR to the point I'm pretty sure it is that DR...

I thought the same thing when I saw the eggs. Seeing the hatchies and where they sort has only made me more sure. This is exciting!

DR hmm maybe that was before my time here lol

Got all of mine and I only had to dump one egg I can always breed again later :D . Two of each with two extra purple just because that was how it turned out.

I really love how these eggs have stayed unmixed in the biomes for so long.

Well the purples sure did supersede the golds in gendered stage twos, even after hatching later. They look really nice!

4 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Got all of mine and I only had to dump one egg I can always breed again later :D . Two of each with two extra purple just because that was how it turned out.

I really love how these eggs have stayed unmixed in the biomes for so long.

So am I. I stayed up till I was too tired to collect eggs anymore and was surprised and pleased that they were still unmixed when I got up

Got an extra speckle I'm gonna toss in about 6 hours....unless someone wants it?

blast i filled up on Alpine ones...i'll hvae to wait 4 hours until i can abandon a few and try for purples..

Both TJ's kittens have gendered male... That's a bit odd ? A single-sex regular release ?

30 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, they don't always have different sprites for male and female, but I was talking about *having* two different genders. Only holiday dragons are one-gender-only, throughout most of DC history. The only dragons that had only one gender were released years and years ago. 

And I might add that all of the breedable ones that started out as only one gender have since gotten the second gender added.

So are the kittens one of those ? Or is this a glitch ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So are the kittens one of those ? Or is this a glitch ?

I believe it to be a glitch, as I was able to influence my two speckled ones as both genders last night.

If the sprites are non-dimorphic, as the 'speckled's appear to be, the gender of the hatchlings wouldn't really matter because the sprites would not change.

17 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

Woop~

edit: well shucks I couldn't find out how to get purple ones.

Purple ones are Forest biome.  :)

Finally have two of each :) And the purple hatchies look really pretty, can't wait to see what they look like when they grow up!

So, funny story, to me anyway:  Recently I bred some of my scroll dragons trying to get some alts.  The last of my attempted undines turned out yellow but I didn't catch it til it was gendered and really close to growing up.  I already had a yellow from those parents and even a *female* yellow, so I had hoped to trade it off, but not at the last minute like that.  So I gave it away with a one-way transfer.

Today I was curious to see who'd gotten it because sometimes people's account names show on their dragon profiles.  Clicked over and looked at their scroll and saw an egg I'd never seen before.  OOH!  Egg release!  TODAY!  Yay!

Buuuttttt... unfortunately I had a bunch of Dark Green and Black eggs lined up for another bred-alt attempt.  Had to drop every stinkin' one of them to make room.

*sob*

But I knew that if I didn't catch these new ones *today*, inevitably one or more of them would wind up rare and I'd never get a chance to grab them.  Fun with breed rarities.

When does this release stop dropping?  I know that I should already know, but I'm having a grey moment, lol

Seems they are more plentiful now,  But still no purples for me yet.

I too dumped my alt attempts to make room! 

I KNOW THESE!

Well the first ones anyway.

HURRAH.

NEW EGGS.

I was confused for a second when I went hunting in the Coast. 

Now to get new eggs!

1 minute ago, Husky51 said:

When does this release stop dropping?  I know that I should already know, but I'm having a grey moment, lol

They'll continue dropping forever, but other breeds will mix in eventually (I'm guessing tomorrow).