TJ09

2018-03-25 - March Dragon Release

Very lovely new dragons (although the Freckles weren't new to a bunch of us, hehe :D), congrats @Kennon especially for your first release, you worked darn hard on these guys and it paid off! <3

The Florets haven't bedazzled me QUITE so much that I'm going to stick much longer in the rat race, but I love the description and color schemes on both. PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE GLORIOUS PURPLE, but gold / brown / black is a very classy combo that isn't much represented in cave. Kinda sad the different colors don't have different poses ala fire gems, though. (...Between the description, name, and beautiful purple color scheme, I almost wonder if these were originally a Valentine submission that got repurposed!)

Nice job, artists! :) 

9 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Very lovely new dragons (although the Freckles weren't new to a bunch of us, hehe :D), congrats @Kennon especially for your first release, you worked darn hard on these guys and it paid off! <3

The Florets haven't bedazzled me QUITE so much that I'm going to stick much longer in the rat race, but I love the description and color schemes on both. PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE GLORIOUS PURPLE, but gold / brown / black is a very classy combo that isn't much represented in cave. Kinda sad the different colors don't have different poses ala fire gems, though. (...Between the description, name, and beautiful purple color scheme, I almost wonder if these were originally a Valentine submission that got repurposed!)

Nice job, artists! :) 

Yes, they were.

ARGH stupid RL made me miss the first release of the year. I was able to grab some Speckleds but no luck on Florets. x.x Hoping they're not rare as heck so I have a chance to get some when the fervor dies down...

24 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

(...Between the description, name, and beautiful purple color scheme, I almost wonder if these were originally a Valentine submission that got repurposed!)

I've talked about it in the unofficial discord a bit, but yes, they were! Originally, the purple female was the only adult sprite, and the gold variant was my spriter alt. They were intended to be a male-only breed for 2015's Valentine's Day. After they didn't get picked, Play and I repurposed them into a regular breed and added dimorphism, using my alt color scheme as a second variant. Since then, we've revised and cleaned up the sprites, and now here we are with a release, 3 years later c:

Edited by PieMaster

Ah, yes! I knew that I'd seen the Freckleds on the DR board before! Congrats to Kennon for making it in-cave! I'm definitely going to have to grab some more; they're very cute and I love the color scheme! :)

Wow, the Florets are gorgeous! I'll admit that I'm in the minority here in liking the gold ones more (I just love how much the black contrasts with the tan; very eye-catching). The purples are just a bit too blue-tinted for my tastes (never did much care for blue-violets, unfortunately), but are nonetheless quite pretty. Either way, thanks so much to Playdoh and PieMaster for these beautiful new sprites, and to TJ for another great release!

I like the gold a lot more too, more my style of color than the purple is as I like the more natural, earthy-tone.

And, again, congrats to @Kennon on making it in-cave. I hope we get more releases from new spriters this year to join Kennon.

Both lovely! I had a feeling the florets were a valentines submission once upon a time.

*sigh* Missed this release due to a death in the family. Managed to find two sets of freckled ones, but so far the Florets are not even showing up for me. If anyone can assist, I'd appreciaet it. they look really pretty. 

LMAO I am getting carpel tunnel sitting there refreshing the Alpine. But I will get my 2nd set

Was trying to grab a Floret, misclicked and grabbed a Gold XD I'm not even mad.

3 minutes ago, Sheeana said:

Was trying to grab a Floret, misclicked and grabbed a Gold XD I'm not even mad.

LOL I don't think I would be either

I can't pick a favorite, but I have to say I love purple so I am esp happy to get those. But I like them all!  Congrats to Kennon for being an in cave artist!   And thanks to PieMaster and Playdoh (and TJ of course)  for an excellent release.

The sprites are perfectly fine but the Wyverns are a little bit too wonderful, they're pretty, have magical powers, are super smart, are nice and peaceful, and if you're good friends with one it's proof that you're awesome! (I'm not saying we should all pendulum swing and make everything DEATHCLAW: THE LORD OF EDGE or anything though, just that we need more balance in our dragons)

On a positive note the freckled dragons are kinda cute, I really like that they are nice but have a berserk button. I also like that there are some more purple dragons in the game.

Edited by blockEdragon

Thanks to a kind person, I now have a gold Floret and I managed to catch a purple one after two misclicks (Greater Spotted Drake and a black Zyumorph, both of whom will be going bye-bye as soon as their time is up). The Florets are really pretty. 

Edited by RagaDal

Oh these dragons are perfect! I only collect dragons that look like they could be beautiful with holiday dragons and just hearing the purples were suppose to be valentine dragons warms my heart!! I also love that the alts look perfect for Graves and Halloween!! 💘💘 Ah, I'm in love!!!

OMG!!! THE ADULT VERSIONS LOOK SO AWESOMELY MAJESTIC I LOVE IT!!!!! YASSSSS!!! So glad i picked up the Floret(purple) and the Freckled! They're so awesome!

I hope we get to see the female version of our Freckled friend soon :3

~Edited to remove double-post, post included here~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I love them all but most especially the purple! Love, love, love all purples but this is my new favorite. Very glad I grabbed four of them while I had the chance!

Edited by silvara7

12 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

hope we get to see the female version of our Freckled friend soon

Males and females are visually identical it says in the description of the male

14 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

I hope we get to see the female version of our Freckled friend soon :3

There is no dimorphism with the Freckleds. They share the same adult sprite.

1 minute ago, Dorchet said:

There is no dimorphism with the Freckleds. They share the same adult sprite.

Ohh! Well, I'm still loving it!

I really love the adults! I have to collect more of them!

Edited by Shajana