TJ09

2018-03-25 - March Dragon Release

Beautiful new dragons, all of them!  :wub:  Thank you, artists!

Oh my goodness, the Florets are gorgeous. There are so many lineage possibilities :D

Congrats to Kennon on their first release! The Freckled adult is so cute <3

IN LOVE with the Freckles! The wyverns are nice too, beautiful, but missing a bit of charm. Thanks for the great release everyone!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys ;u; I’m excited to finally be able to share a dragon with you all!

And for anyone curious about the specific-color collection habit of the Freckleds, it’s loosely based on the Bowerbird. Most species of Bowerbird collect really brightly colored objects of a similar color to decorate their nest. And since I’m a bit of a bird nerd I couldn’t help but incorporate such a unique behavior in a dragon.

Freckleds look much better than I thought they would and, for me, I prefer the female Floret just ever so much at the moment.

Both breeds look very nice.

Edited by Dorchet

OHOHOH!!! *Now* I remember the Freckleds!! That adult sprite is definitely familiar. Is it just a coincidence that both breeds this release have purple? The Freckled's soft purple-ish wings are beautiful. And congrats on Kennon's cave debut!!

But the Florets. Omg the Florets. The golds are gorgeous, especially the different colors on the wings, but THOSE PURPLES!!!!! Omg omg omg omg. I just can't even put into words how excited I am about these guys. While I kind of wish that their bodies had a bit more of the dark purple coloring from the eggs, those amazing wings more then make up for it. And their description sort of speaks to me on a personal level.... Perhaps if I collect a bunch of them I can just surround myself with them constantly to calm my anxiety. Pie, Playdoh, thank you so much for such wonderful new dragons!!

.... Yunno, I don't think there has been a release lately where I've deliberately tried to hoard as many as possible, past what my scroll-goals specify... The Florets will most certainly break that.

Squee!! I love these dragons! Spriters, be proud of your amazing work, for they are GLORIOUS!! :wub:

Edited by Syiren

40 minutes ago, Kennon said:

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys ;u; I’m excited to finally be able to share a dragon with you all!

And for anyone curious about the specific-color collection habit of the Freckleds, it’s loosely based on the Bowerbird. Most species of Bowerbird collect really brightly colored objects of a similar color to decorate their nest. And since I’m a bit of a bird nerd I couldn’t help but incorporate such a unique behavior in a dragon.

I really love the freckles! The hatchies have such a sweet pose, and the adults are very well detailed. I hope we get to see more of your art soon!

Ahh now I recognize the freckled dragon, I remember seeing them in a thread before and thinking that they'd make a sweet addition to the site. ^_^ Both new breeds are awesome, I'm always happy about feathered dragons too.

Thank you for these beautiful new dragons!

I especially love the violet Floret version, as it's one of my favourite colours!

Beautiful dragons, all of them! Thanks to @PieMaster @Playdoh and @Kennon for these lovely additions to the cave!

I wonder how the Florets will breed. Will they yield only Florets of the parents' color or will they work like Dorsals and Ridgewings?

My 2nd batch of Florets and Freckleds should hatch in about 12 hours, yay! Now that I've seen how amazing those Florets are I'm sort of annoyed with myself that I decided to stop hunting after getting 4 of each color. I wonder how hard they'll be to catch in 12 hours? Hmm.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

My 2nd batch of Florets and Freckleds should hatch in about 12 hours, yay! Now that I've seen how amazing those Florets are I'm sort of annoyed with myself that I decided to stop hunting after getting 4 of each color. I wonder how hard they'll be to catch in 12 hours? Hmm.

I'm sure it won't be easy, especially considering that lots of people will have eggs hatching tonight and they will most likely begin hunting once again too.

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I wonder how the Florets will breed. Will they yield only Florets of the parents' color or will they work like Dorsals and Ridgewings?

I was wondering this too! So many amazing lineage ideas for these, hopefully they'll be easy to work with :D 

WOWZA! What gorgeous dragons! :lol: Thank you so much Spriters for the gorgeous work, as always! I'm scheming up new lineages already. :D

I finally got a gold one after an AMAZING person gifted it to me, woot! Thanks again to that awesome person. :lol: Now I'm all set with at least one of each, whew!

As always, wishing the best for those still trying to get one! I suggest watching the Community Board...Some have been dropping them for free! If I manage to catch some more randomly (which I doubt haha), I'll try and gift them out as well. :)