HeatherMarie

Pygmy/Drake/Two-Head mass-breed?

I've been a little annoyed lately at how few 'breeding-restricted' breeds appear in the AP, I've seen maybe two drakes in the last day, etc. I was thinking it might be fun to do a little mass-breed of those types that maybe aren't usually bred too often. Realizing that we may be having a new release fairly soon, I figured the mass-breed should be later, possibly the 2nd weekend of April (7th/8th). That way it wouldn't interfere with any new release hype or the Easter stuff. 

Anyone interested? This is my first time suggesting a mass-breed, so any input is welcome!

I would love to join in! I agree there are too few drakes and pygmies in the AP (2-headed dragons I have seen a bit more of) and as such I don't even bother looking for interesting lineages anymore because it takes so damn long.

I will volunteer all my non-regular dragons for that weekend! (Dates sound good to me.)

Sounds good to me. I love those breeds! I'll be sure to breed mine.

Count me in! I can't contribute many pygmies or two-heads, but I'm all for spreading the drake love!

Edited by Alectrona

I'll join in if others are doing it. I have a TON of Common Pygmies, including a 2G Thuwed.

Sounds good to me.  I have a few surprises that I could donate to it.  We should figure a specific time of the day  for breeding them if possible.  Like a breeding window between 3pm--6pm, just an example.

I doubt a 3-hour breeding window would work for most people, especially since DC has players all over the world... My 3pm could be some else's midnight. 3-6pm DC-time would be noon-3pm my-time, which is a time when I'm normally in and out of the house during the weekend. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I doubt a 3-hour breeding window would work for most people, especially since DC has players all over the world... My 3pm could be some else's midnight. 3-6pm DC-time would be noon-3pm my-time, which is a time when I'm normally in and out of the house during the weekend. 

@HeatherMarie

Yeah, your right.  Well scratch that idea.😒 

I'll definitely breed some of mine! :D I adore some of the new drake breeds especially and would love to give them a bit of appreciation. I should be able to fit into whatever schedule you guys come up with. ^_^ 

I'm thinking I might go with honey x howler and tarantula hawk x morphodrake for my pairings. Though I think honey x tarantula hawk is a nice combination, too. Decisions, decisions!

I love pygmies and drakes and would love to see more in the AP :D

2 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I'm thinking I might go with honey x howler and tarantula hawk x morphodrake for my pairings. Though I think honey x tarantula hawk is a nice combination, too. Decisions, decisions!

Oh man those combos sound really nice 0.0

Count me in! I'm hoping to see some Morphodrake x Night Glory pairs, I've been planning on that lineage for quite some time now. And don't forget our beloved Dusk Pygmies, too!

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I'll definitely breed some of mine! :D I adore some of the new drake breeds especially and would love to give them a bit of appreciation. I should be able to fit into whatever schedule you guys come up with. ^_^ 

Honey x Tarantula Hawk is a fav of mine

Ohhh honey x howler sounds really nice, they seem like they'd look really pretty together. (Dang, now that I suggested this I'm actually going to have to go through and figure out what to breed with what, huh?)

BREED ALL THE NON-TRADTIONAL DRAGON BREEDS!

Do you have a certain time you want to do?

Like in a week? 

Next Month?

Easter?

When?

On 3/23/2018 at 10:01 PM, HeatherMarie said:

possibly the 2nd weekend of April (7th/8th)

Sounds good to me ^^

Count me in! I don't have a lot but I've got some pygmies/two headeds/drakes I could breed~!

Great idea, I'm in. :)

Second weekend in April isn't ideal for me, but I guess I could squeeze in some breeding. Mostly drakes and pygmies, don't have too many two-headeds

Let's get ready for this :D

I got a few more drakes bc my M/F ratio was waaaay skewed towards the males but now I've got more breeding pairs.

I bred a few Drake mates last week, so I'll have some more pairs for this weekend! Is there one particular day, or is it just any time on the 7th or 8th?

I'm planning to breed most of mine on the 7th (until I run out of steam...), but I figured if it was the 7th and 8th then more people might be able to join in at some point during those two days. 

Just took a look at my groups, I have 105 breedable Drakes and 187 breedable pygmies... But I only have 15 Purples available for Fertility, so the rest of the pairs will have to rely on pure luck, lol. 

Count me in! I've got a lot of Greater Spotteds and Gilded Bloodscales I can add to the pile :P