SunFish

ANSWERED:Connecting issues

Hey!

I can't connect to the forum and the cave via Wi-Fi but it works just fine with 4g.

There are more user with this problem and it seems to be a regional thingy. At the moment there are people with Problems from: Germany, Finnland, Rocky Mountains (US), West Coast Canada...

Sorry for messy writing, my smartphone wants to correct everything to german :D

I don't know what wifi provider you all use, but there was a memorable occasion when my internet provider accidentally blocked the cave for a few days. You might try asking ? Quite  a few hot spots I use block games, and consider DC to fall into that category.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't know what wifi provider you all use, but there was a memorable occasion when my internet provider accidentally blocked the cave for a few days. You might try asking ? Quite  a few hot spots I use block games, and consider DC to fall into that category.

If that would have happened, wouldn't be able to get here even via 4g since I usually USB tether via phone.

More reports about this. France and West Coast US.

Fair enough - it was just a thought...

Is the problem fixed now? I'm in Australia and I had a problem briefly as well. First it was just the forums that wouldn't connect, then the cave stopped loading as well. I don't seem to be having any problems now, though, so hopefully it was just a temporary glitch. If anyone is still experiencing problems, hopefully it will clear up soon like mine did, but if the issue persists it might be worthwhile contacting TJ to report it to him. 

Fingers crossed it's working again for everyone, though! 

Having some serious issues from various locations with name resolution relating to "dragcave.net". I've hardcoded "192.198.217.66 dragcave.net" into "/etc/hosts" on the Daily Dragon Fix server and "192.198.217.72 forums.dragcave.net" into "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts" on my PC to fix the API issues DDF was having (the server is in Dallas, Texas, USA) and my PC's inability to reach the forum (I live near Hamburg, Germany).

Even https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#A/ is reporting issues with "dragcave.net", though it still has a cached variant of "forums.dragcave.net".

@TJ09 I don't know if anyone's reached out to you about this yet, so just in case: Your DNS infrastructure appears to be having some troubles (both the NS registered with dragcave.net (ns3.technoized.com & ns4.technoized.com according to whois) and those registered with technoized.com (ns23.technoized.com & ns24.technoized.com according to whois)). I don't know if this is due to a configuration error on part of your registrar's upstream DNS configuration, or if the nameservers are actually down, since I don't know what their IPs should be, or something else,  but something appears to have gone pear-shaped. :( (I hope notifications reach you at a non-dragcave.net address.)