Aie

Aie's Amazingly Alliterative and Bafflingly Buoyant Bingo

1 minute ago, Naraku said:

I'd prefer for there to be one "official" game running at a time. It doesn't really make sense to have two at a time to me. It would probably cause confusion to the new players (and those coming back from their hiatus).

I kind of agree. While there maybe can never be too much bingo, I think it could create some confusion. If the inactive host wants to come back and finish out the game, it should probably end there without picking up a new host. The winner would just have the glory of winning. ;)

Just now, purplehaze said:

If the inactive host wants to come back and finish out the game, it should probably end there without picking up a new host. The winner would just have the glory of winning. ;)

Yes, that is perfect. Great idea :) 

Exactly. To be fair to both hosts. (Oh, glory plus an egg from the "old" host, if the winner so chooses.)

That's three "yes"es. :D Not a majority, but if sh doesn't mind, I'll have a thread up soon.

5 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Exactly. To be fair to both hosts. (Oh, glory plus an egg from the "old" host, if the winner so chooses.)

Good idea!

"If the host has gone inactive/unresponsive in this thread for any reasons for at least 1 month, such as no new Bingo round, players are then free to discuss who will be hosting next. At that point, new Bingo thread can be made. The original Bingo thread may continue as per usual if the host returns, but the winner(s) will no longer be able to be selected as the next host, but they can still request an egg from the host."

That could probably be the 10th rule in the OP. Sound good? Anything need slight tweaking?

2 minutes ago, Naraku said:

At that point, new Bingo thread can be made.

should be

2 minutes ago, Naraku said:

At that point, a new Bingo thread can be made.

1 hour ago, Naraku said:

"If the host has gone inactive/unresponsive in this thread for any reasons for at least 1 month, such as no new Bingo round, players are then free to discuss who will be hosting next. At that point, new Bingo thread can be made. The original Bingo thread may continue as per usual if the host returns, but the winner(s) will no longer be able to be selected as the next host, but they can still request an egg from the host."

That could probably be the 10th rule in the OP. Sound good? Anything need slight tweaking?

How about this?

"If the host has gone inactive/unresponsive in this thread for any reason for at least 1 month, with no new Bingo round posted, players are then free to discuss beginning a new game, with a host to be determined by current players. The original Bingo game may continue if the host returns, but the winner(s) will not be selected to host a new game, although they may still request an egg from the host, if they wish."

edited to remove an unnecessary plural (reason in place of reasons).

Edited by purplehaze

Under Rules or Gameplay? The Rules sound like they're for each bingo game while the proposed new rule is a contingency notice.

Where else could it go ?

9 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Under Rules or Gameplay? The Rules sound like they're for each bingo game while the proposed new rule is a contingency notice.

Based on how things are currently organized, it does seem like Gameplay is the appropriate section.

And I agree with everything discussed so far about dual bingo games and having Dirtytabs as the new host. :)

20 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

You're right. I suppose it does make more sense under Gameplay, perhaps in a new line/paragraph?

Gameplay looks kind of messy in its current state. I think it will need a little bit of touching up at some point...

Edited by Naraku
can't grammar

If only paragraphs could be indented/otherwise pointed out without adding a line break.

Edited by Dirtytabs

Well, you can

* paragraph

* paragraph

* paragraph

which helps a little

Use a bullet or three ?

• Like this ??

Ah, bullets, like in the terminology section. Great idea.

4 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

That's three "yes"es. :D Not a majority, but if sh doesn't mind, I'll have a thread up soon.

Go forward. I'm kinda became busy to make new thread in these days.

Edited by sh20000sh

Bullets work. I just hate them because they sorta have a mind of their own, or it seems so to me.