Aie

Aie's Amazingly Alliterative and Bafflingly Buoyant Bingo

As you didn't lost motivation to continue this, I can wait. I just don't want to see what happened to Dusky's Bingo again :)

This all suits me,as I really can't play from where I am!

Aaand two weeks had been passed from last bingo post. Things usually settle down in few days from moving houses in where I live... Hope there won't be P bingo like this anymore :dry:

BTW Anyone found any trace for S bingos?

Frankly, it's hard for me to even bother looking for any more trace of secret bingos, when we're not sure if Aie still wants to go on with this. There's way too much work left in here to do, and they still seem to be busy. Nobody even have any points in the score post (though of course some hosts keep score on a paper or elsewhere...)

I'm sorry, but in my humble opinion, it might be better to simply move on by letting Aie choose the next host or put it up for grabs. This thread was started on March 16th, today it's going to be May 2nd. And we're still stuck on Round 2 with occasional ponderous bingo hints.

Unless, of course, if Aie is really still interested into keeping this thread alive. If so, please let us know by posting. I deeply apologize if this comes off as rude and inconsiderate to anyone reading this post, for that it is not my intention at all. :(

It would be better that this kept alive but If that really happens, I'm always interested in being host. It seems like Tabs or Ruby would earned most point though.

Edited by sh20000sh

5 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

BTW Anyone found any trace for S bingos?

There's anagrammable stuff, like Aie's "location", and the names of the groups that are linked in Aie's signature look somewhat suspicious. There may be more I just haven't seen.

I didn't have much time to focus on that though.

There'd also be Amphiptere or Script in there :lol:

I thought about adding rule for when bingo stuck like this and sometimes before.

When bingo thread became inactive for certain amount, and more than certain ratio of players agree about it, new host can be drawn by players.

I think 'certain amount' can be two weeks and 'certain ratio' can be half or 2/3 of total players.

Of course it can't be applied in this time and applied from next time but case like this can be always happened due to host's situation.

What do you think about it?

Edited by sh20000sh

If you want one, there's no law that says you can't set one up called "Sh2000sh's Interim Gapfilling Bingo" :lol:

I asked about adding rule for host. I think host has responsibility to keep this game active. If they can't do that, we could draw new host(its method can be various) rather than endlessly waiting for them.

Well, I want one though. XD

I wouldn't be opposed to playing an interim gapfilling bingo while waiting for this one to be continued XD

This has happened often enough in the history of the game that it might be nice to have some sort of provision for it. People do tend to lose interest if a game lags too much. And real life does sometimes bite the host!

Question - what would happen if host returns and wants to continue the game? We could potentially have two games in progress, both with the chance for winner to host another game?

Edited by purplehaze

8 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I thought about adding rule for when bingo stuck like this and sometimes before. I think 'certain amount' can be two weeks and 'certain ratio' can be half or 2/3 of total players.

Of course it can't be applied in this time and applied from next time but case like this can be always happened due to host's situation.

What do you think about it?

Yeah. I'm all for this. Though maybe make the wait about 1 month? Real life situations suck, yes, but frankly we can't just keep waiting for months on them... They're always free to come back and try to win the opportunity to host again. Unused bingos/secrets can be saved somewhere.

As purplehaze mentioned, it's hard to maintain interest when game is going way too slow. I've seen this happening too often for the past three years, with no way to go around this, unless someone does decide to step in. I believe a new rule regarding this is necessary.

Perhaps we could add something like this...

"Once the host has gone inactive/unresponsive in this thread for any reasons for at least 1 month, such as no new Bingo round, players are then free to discuss who will be hosting next."

Thoughts?

I like the sound of that. It could be added to the rules.

Aren't we *always* free to discuss such things like we already do? :lol:

Last bingo's winners were:

Aie: 46/40 = 115%

Draconiusultamius: 48/42 = 114.29%

sh20000sh: 45/42 = 107.14%

Dirtytabs: 48/45 = 106.7%

Now Aie is busy, Draco hasn't shown interest in this bingo at all, sooo ... I'd vote for @sh20000sh or @Dirtytabs to be the next/interim host :D

Sounds fair. Now... I don't mean to jump on this or anything, but since sh hosted more recently, may I host? :o 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

This has happened often enough in the history of the game that it might be nice to have some sort of provision for it. People do tend to lose interest if a game lags too much. And real life does sometimes bite the host!

Question - what would happen if host returns and wants to continue the game? We could potentially have two games in progress, both with the chance for winner to host another game?

How many of us honestly CARE if we are next to set one ?:P We can have two games running, no problem.

15 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Sounds fair. Now... I don't mean to jump on this or anything, but since sh hosted more recently, may I host? :o 

Sounds OK to me.

18 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Works for me! :)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We play both of them :D If one player happens to win both, it'll be back to only one bingo at a time.

I would not mind two Bingo games running at once, if a host were to return and resume. Can't see it happening that often. :P 

I'd prefer for there to be one "official" game running at a time. It doesn't really make sense to have two at a time to me. It would probably cause confusion to the new players (and those coming back from their hiatus).

24 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Sure! :D