Ashywolf

Text Field Search in Lair

I would love to see a search bar where you could type in a name (either breed, or nickname of a dragon) and have results available. I don't think Groups has superseded the use of such a feature, even though they help.

The use would be quickly finding a list of dragons of a certain breed, or a specific name (the latter which can be done with some URL poking, but that's not ideal or intuitive). My thought is it would search all lairs at once (but maybe a check box would let you restrict search to the current group/lair).

This is a very rough example of how it might work:

CasJ5wh.png

Ideas? Thoughts?

Edited by Ashywolf

Show me all my daydreams/pumpkins/seasonals and nothing else? Yes please! I can't imagine adding this would be hard either, unless TJ decides to reinvent the wheel search bar that is XD 

I probably wouldn't use it, because I do just use the filter in the Groups feature when I want to find all of a certain breed or something, and I don't see that as inconvenient to me. However, I also see nothing wrong with having a specific scroll-search, and I'm sure it would be very useful to others.

Yes, very much yes! :D When I'm looking for a specific breed, even though I only have 6 or so pages worth of dragons, it's still annoying to search through the pages for that one breed, especially when I always forget where it sorts despite knowing the name. :rolleyes: This would be very useful to me and I'm sure to many others. Total support for this. (y)

I would absolutely love this feature. Every now and then there is a single dragon that I want to find to breed and it can be quite time-consuming searching through pages to find them. I never know what page number dragons are on and end up jumping back and forth tonnes of times. I'd love this. Being able to apply a search and a filter at the same time would be extra useful. Like filtering for a particular group and then searching within it as well. 

I would love it. Much easier than having to go to some group and add a dragon just to use it for what I was looking for it, or to temp-sort my scroll by breed and hope I hit the correct page on first try. With >7900 dragons, it takes me longer and longer to find things, especially when looking for codes instead of breeds XD

6 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I would absolutely love this feature. Every now and then there is a single dragon that I want to find to breed and it can be quite time-consuming searching through pages to find them. I never know what page number dragons are on and end up jumping back and forth tonnes of times. I'd love this. Being able to apply a search and a filter at the same time would be extra useful. Like filtering for a particular group and then searching within it as well. 

Agree. And not just to find a single dragon, either, but even a certain breed. With over 8000 dragons on my scroll, even though they are roughly sorted by breed name, it is hard to know which page a certain breed may be on

35 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I would really like something like this added to the BREEDING page!

I use Ctrl F to find a specific dragon on the breeding page, but it would be nice to be able to search (filter) by breed.

Some of us use terms differently - what do you refer to as a lair ?

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Some of us use terms differently - what do you refer to as a lair ?

Judging from the screenshot, looks like the /dragons/ page. Of course, the same would be awesome within one's own groups as well.

Oh good - that was what I understood it to mean. In that case - I think this would be very useful.

Yes, please! It can be so annoying if you're looking for a dragon and don't know where to find it. Escpecially if multiple pages, probably even of the same breed, are involved.

Yes, please! I would love a much simpler filter than having to make a group for the dragon I am looking for or having to use Fertility on a dragon just because I am trying to look for. And, like someone else mentioned, I would love to have this also on the breeding page.

5 hours ago, olympe said:

Yes, please! It can be so annoying if you're looking for a dragon and don't know where to find it. Escpecially if multiple pages, probably even of the same breed, are involved.

(bolding mine)

Oh yes. Even when sorting by breed and showing the maximum amount of dragons per page, my Royal Blues span three different pages. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be trying to find one specific RB that way.

I have most of my 1954 dragons somewhat memorized now, so I would love this. Digging through pages upon pages can be a hassle, especially when I'm in a hurry. Support from me.

I would love this field both on my main scroll and my breeding pages. I do use Cmd+F now, but this would save some clicks.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I would love this field both on my main scroll and my breeding pages. I do use Cmd+F now, but this would save some clicks.

That's what I do, too. It can take a few tries, though, if you don't know what page a certain dragon is. I have a relatively small number of dragons per page to make loading quicker, but it means I've got heaps of pages to sort through and I never know where certain dragons are going to be. :lol: So the search field would same tonnes of clicks in my case, since I always get it so wrong. Ditto to having it on the breeding page! A similar breeding page to the current fertility page would be much more efficient.