Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KaleChip

Hey I’m New and Clueless How About Some Help

I’m a new user to dragon cave, and have only been playing for a few weeks. I would like to participate in trading and reply to threads on the forums, however, I’m a clueless girl who has no idea how. I have two drakes, about three close to hatching eggs, one new egg, a White Dragon, a Three-Horned Wyvern (I think), and some others I am too tired to name. I can’t breed though, because I have one female, and she is a drake. I can not breed her with anything else but another drake, and I have no male drakes. So I guess my post is more “Help me understand the forums so I can participate with other people and get more help,” than “Hi I’m new and I would like a little help.” 

Hello and welcome! Yes, drakes can only breed with other drakes, and I looked over your scroll and didn't see any Pink dragons which you could use to Influence the gender of an egg to be male. Pink dragons have the Influence BSA (breed-specific action) which allows you to influence the gender of an egg to be the gender of the Pink that uses the BSA. It has a small chance of failure, but most of the time it succeeds. In addition to catching dragons from the abandoned page (AP) and biomes, you can trade get the dragons you want. Check out the Trading subforum to see if there are threads you'd like to participate in. There are a number of gifting threads there, too, that help people get dragons. I know that was a lot of info, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Bit late on my end having seen you several times on the forum game area, but welcome fellow newcomer. I think you'll find that this little corner of the internet is probably one of the most pleasant you'll encounter (save for view bombers >_>) so welcome welcome. As for the question, yeah, Drakes only go for other drakes. The species that are breed/species exclusive you need to watch out for are Drakes, Two-Headeds, Pygmies as they cannot inerbreed with normal dragons. n_n

Also note that if you get your hands on a Vampire Dragon, don't bother wasting it's bite function on any of the above listed species (Drake, two-headed, and pygmy) because it simply won't work.