Ashywolf

Add second Solstice Dragon form to Encyclopedia

I've been alerted to a few tiny forms, like glowing Aeons and "scaleless" Luminas, occurring in the Encyclopedia recently. If these forms made it, there is no reason why the permanent plain-winged alt of the Solstice dragon is not also included. Bred-only forms occur for other dragons and show in the Encyclopedia, as do the alternate Aegis (from their BSA). Curled black hatchlings show up for goodness sake.

So yeah, in other words, I would be interested in seeing the alternate Solstice form added to the Encyclopedia.

It does seem to make sense, given all the other images that are in there.

I mean we even have 3 Terrae hatchling sets and adults to unlock just because there are 3 different eggs, even though the hatchies and adults are all the same.

Edited by purplehaze

I would like to see it too, it is a species of Solstice and deserves an encyclopedia entry.

Its been missing since the Encyclopedia was implemented which, to me, doesn't make sense especially since the blue version isn't a special alt like spriter's alts or black Sweetlings are. 

I support this. I don't see how it could hurt. Plus if I remember right, the blue wings was always intended for bred Solstices. So they really should be in the Encyclopedia.

Support! The blue wings deserve a place there.

Couldn't imagine why anyone *wouldn't* support this. It makes sense to have both forms in the encyclopedia, the same way all other dragons with multiple widely-available forms do. 

Definitely support! ^_^ I didn't actually realise that both solstices weren't shown already. I haven't specifically looked so I assumed that both were, since it's the case with every other breed that has a different sprite. Great suggestion. Big support!

Yes. Support.

As some others have said... from what I UNDERSTAND, the blue wings were intended to be what the bred solstices ALL looked like.

It didn't work out that way, BUT they are still NOT a special alt like a spriter alt or such.

They deserve to be in the Encyclopedia, too.

3 Terrae entries is a bug that will be fixed. (though I should note that, since the sprites are literally the same, you don't have to hunt down and click adult "alt" terraes for a specific row to unlock, only eggs. I just checked my own data and I apparently have not clicked many adults of one variant, but have all sprites adult).

Only having one solstice entry was something I recall being an intentional decision, but I don't recall the reasons, which means they might not be valid anymore anyways. It can probably change.

11 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

you don't have to hunt down and click adult "alt" terraes for a specific row to unlock, only eggs

Can you make alt black adults work the same way? Right now they have two identical adult entries that unlock separately.

Edited by Shadowdrake

*was scrolling through encyclopedia instead of working*

*found that Solstices only had one sprite entry despite having an alt sprite*

*remembered this thread*

This was never addressed was it?

Full support! Is mind blowing how we don't have Solstice 2nd form there since

*alt sweetlin you can never own (as a new player and the vast majority) is there

*all 3 snow angel sprites you can't never obtain are there. Why an obtainable Solstice is not?

*any kind of time-related sprite shifting is there to remember Spirit Ward, new Stratos and Nocturne among others.

*any non-CB alterance is there, like stripes. One could argue that a blue Solstice isn't there because is not CB. Stripes debunk that.

*any Alts like Tan, Black, Golden Undine are there....

*any altered possible forms are there, remembering BSA Aeon, BSA Bolt and Corporeal Celestial. And note these are only temporary alterings. A permanent alt form like Solstice NEEDS to be there

*even hidden-surprise Scaleless Lumia is there......c'mon

I think in the past there was a statement that they didn't want to update old things?

Well with this year's update of Bolt and Spirit Ward that doesn't make sense either.

Edited by camelia2

3 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

*alt sweetling you can mever own (as a new player and the vas majority) is there

No, that one is not.

But I do think the blue-winged Solstice should be added.

Oh. My mistake. I have a fake memorry of it being there. Oups. Thanks

*although with some of the arguments, Alt Sweetling should be there too. Especially when we think of Snow Angels

Both Solstices should be in the Encyclopedia.  I think they were at one point in time, then removed. 

I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet? Is it simply low-priority, or is there some reason that TJ still hasn't changed this after responding to the thread over two years ago?

I support having both solstice forms in the encyclopedia--it's logical to have a complete listing.

Especially now that the gendered hatchlings display the difference, too.

Support - not to do so seems illogical.

I wil dig this up.

Why it is STILL not there?!

TJ gave a quarter of an answer 3y ago and since then silence ....

I doubt it's on the priority list, compared to other things that may be more important. However I appreciate the support here!

Holiday-time Bump! TJ responded over 3 years ago with 'it can probably change', but it hasn't changed. I'd love to know if it's on the radar at all. Of course it's not a high-priority thing but after so many years it's weird that it's still an issue.