FluffyPillow

Visual cues/reminders for BSA use

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm sick of hovering over things in order to see other things. I'd rather see it all at FIRST glance.

Same. And imho seeing it at first glance is just SO much better, easier, and more convenient all around. ^_^

Also @Peachycupcake525 brought up a great point. I don't think I've ever managed to hover over something on my phone.

And pretty much everything Grey said above before this comment is spot on. (y)

Edited by Fabula

If it's completely optional and I have a way to *not* see it (that does not involve individually blocking each thing with a script) then I'm totally fine with it. I definitely wouldn't use it because I do *not* want the clutter, and yeah they would be tiny symbols and we already have a couple and etc but it would still mean more clutter then we have now. 

17 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

We could also have it set in account settings where we have a list of which ones we want to see and which we don't:

✓influence

incubate

stun

✓teleport

✓ward

✓sick(?)

Precog is probably not an option because you can do it repeatedly so it doesn't look like anything sticks for that info.

That seems like option overload; not everything needs to be an option and I'm not convinced that this meets the bar.

Making action log filterable is a valid request, though, which would be useful for this suggestion (though maybe not enough?) as well as several other purposes.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

That seems like option overload; not everything needs to be an option and I'm not convinced that this meets the bar.

Making action log filterable is a valid request, though, which would be useful for this suggestion (though maybe not enough?) as well as several other purposes.

It would definitely be useful having the action log filterable, but I would personally still love something to see at first glance.

TJ, would a feature like the one proposed with icons/text to represent certain BSAs be something that could be optional (turned on/off)? If so, I think some of the proposed options would be great. But if not, and you'd prefer something that is implemented across the board, then I think too many people are worried about the clutter and filtering the action log would be a suitable enough alternative that will still make it easier for people. :) 

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Oh yes please! I've wanted the action log to be filterable for a long time. It would especially be useful for those times when I grab and abandon tons of eggs at a time, like during holidays... Two full pages of just abandon logs is definitely annoying when you are looking for anything else.

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Oh yes PLEASE PLEASE make the action log filterable - or let us choose what our own log shows. I am so sick of trawling through pages of "named... hid...unhid..." to check if I really did precog that vital hatchie.... there's already a thread somewhere begging for that.

Filter would be good. Either by action or by code/name/breed, like for adding to groups.

Sometimes I'm looking only for bred timestamps ("When exactly will that darn 1 day end?!"), other times for BSA uses.

The above post gave me a thought. Maybe this is what you meant when you said filtering by code/name, but would it be possible to have a search field like on the fertility page so you can search for a particular dragon to see its recent actions? That feature in conjunction with a filter to turn off certain actions or view in a certain order would be pretty useful, I think. :) Just a thought! What do you guys think? Would a search box just get in the way? 

Fertility and the "add dragons to group" interface use the same filtering input box.

Shouldn't we make this a suggestion of its own? Since it's not really what the OP is talking about ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I feel like the whole "filtering action log" should be a separate discussion in a separate thread?

I kinda feel as though the action log being filterable might not be enough for this request though - like a few others have mentioned, I personally would find it useful to have everything at a direct first glance. One of the problems with not being able to see things being BSA'd is that you have to go through multiple pages just to find out what has undergone a BSA... Having to go to Account, then Action Log, and then filtering to see what's been BSA'd would be more helpful and less faff, yes, but it's still a lot of pages to have to click through to get to what you want to see. As such, I still support being able to see icons on your scroll page (able to be turned off for those who don't want to see it).

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I would simply love to see gender symbols with Precognition and Influence usage.

Something like this:

B7d6nkc.png

If there were to be some sort of gender symbols for Precog and Influence they should be noticeably different then the normal gender symbols. I'm not sure about Precog, but Influence does have a chance of fail, even though it's a fairly small chance. So the regular 'this dragon is this gender' symbols should not be used for that, because it's not actually a sure thing.

It takes another space but maybe something like (+♂) and (+♀) would suffice for influence.

Edited by Ashywolf

I really like the idea of dragons that have been precog'ed getting a gender symbol, even if they haven't gendered yet. As an alternative to the above, influence could display as (♂*) and (♀*) to show that it's subject to change. 

Or add another set of parenthesis? ((♂)) and ([♂]) for precog and influence

On 3/13/2018 at 11:07 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Oh yes please! I've wanted the action log to be filterable for a long time. It would especially be useful for those times when I grab and abandon tons of eggs at a time, like during holidays... Two full pages of just abandon logs is definitely annoying when you are looking for anything else.

I would say absolutely, yes please make te action log filterable in some way.

We can filter and group our dragons.... so why not our actions?

ALSO I second what  @HeatherMarie said.

I KNOW I have had influences fail on me..... but as far as I have seen Precogs are pretty reliable?

Is there anyone who knows of a Aeon's Precog being WRONG?

Edited by JavaTigress

Aeons are supposed to be 100%. I am SURE TJ  said WILL show sex, not almost always will....

Reveals the gender of an egg or hatchling.

from the help page. Where influence says "increases the chance..."

Maybe to save space and make it unobtrusive, a precogged sex could show with square brackets [♂] and an influenced with curly braces {♂}, simply instead of the parentheses we have now.

Bearing in mind that the symbols for a frozen gendered hatchling still exceed the space taken up by (+♂) or an equivalent.