RavenWolf1010

Goodneighbor [OOC]

Just so I can get things straight, in the Norse myths, Fenrir killed Thor and Odin during Ragnarok (not to be confused with the Marvel movie Thor: Ragnarok), and Odin never really adopted Loki. However, in Runemarks/Runelight, the books I based Dagny's powers on (rune usage, runemark, Odin being an oracle, power of a name), Odin was killed by Mirmir during the start of Ragnarok, but it was ended prematurely and nothing else really happened. Mirmir killed him by persuading some boy to read Odin's divine names aloud. Odin did survive as an oracle. A little while later, Ragnarok did really happen, and all of the main Norse gods - except Loki - were killed by Surt the Destroyer and their powers and roles were then passed on to other people - Thor was resurrected in a farmhand boy. Fenrir had relatively little to do with any of it.

So my point is, if we want consistency within Dagny's origin, we should use Runemarks/Runelight lore (which is mainly a straight copy of Norse mythology up until the leadup towards Ragnarok where everything is different and references towards Christianity also come in and the two are fused. A part of the plotline is based on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, except it's Three Horsemen and the horses are Sleipnir, Jormungand and Epona, two of which are children of Loki, but the third one isn't even from Norse mythology, not to mention she's actually humanoid and not a giant cloud horse as is suggested in Runelight (though Epona is often depicted with horses by her side). Jormungand can shapeshift, so that's not much of a porblem.) The division of gods into categories is also not exactly accurate in Runemarks/Runelight.

BUT, it would be fun to follow Norse mythology and say that it was Fenrir who killed Thor and Odin so we can get some quite interesting interactions going on XD 

Edited by Felixr2

Church is more colonial. I drew up the rough sketch of Hancock’s house and part of the town that has been talked about so far (besides the publishing). It’s not very proportional but I’m sure you can fix it up. XD I’ll PM them to you later.

Edit: I’ll leave it up to you, I think personally the Fenrir killing Odin and Thor would prove to be interesting. 

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Okay, I am what's called a cradle Catholic meaning I was baptized when young and grew up in the Catholic church, however I just started learning more about my faith so if you have any questions please ask. I might not know them all, but I'm sure I could ask someone more knowledgeable. I also been in a protestant church, (only LDS one I've been in was for a funeral and my dad doesn't practice the Mormon beliefs so my knowledge on that is very limited. ) and have protestant friends so i know the differences between the two types of masses. 

That would be a issue for Joseph. Only a Catholic ordained priest can proceed offer a Catholic mass unless the bishop of the diocese is present. Then he does the mass. This also means he'd have to go out of town for church. How close is the nearest neighboring town in dive time?

Ok! I’ll let you know if I have any questions. :)

The next nearest town is about 45 minutes to an hour away. 

She asked in “drive time” in her comment XD at least I think it was drive? It came out as “dive” so I’m not sure.

I said drive time so I assume driving? Given that a grey wolf can run up to speeds of 45 mph (72kph) and remain that speed for days, he could also run there although it may be longer. 

((Fastest recorded speed is of a black timber wolf at 57mph (97kph)))

Sorry, auto correct failed me. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

The town is about 55 Miles away. If he maintained a speed of 45 mph it’d take him an hour and 13 minutes to get there (the speed limit is 55, usually slower at spots due to curvy mountain roads). 

Then he'd plan for such! :)

I kinda hatched the idea that Asheron is the 'humble yet filthy rich dude' that has traveled the world and is kinda a child prodigy who graduated from college young and comes from old money (given kitunes often wed wealthy Japanese leaders and his father is a vampire (who was possessed by a demon trying to get at his mom) it would make sense that he comes from old money. If that's cool with you raven. 

"ancient Greek, Latin, Nordic and Hebrew" are four languages, not five. You could add something like Egyptian if you wanted five?

EDIT: I forgot to explicitly mention that the runes from Runemarks/Runelight, though largely based on Nordic runes, it doesn't match 100%. It's a mix of Elder and Younger Futhark without much logic.

EDIT 2: I guess Odin will just teach her both Elder and Younger Futhark and tell her which of the runes are linked to her powers and what they represent in that context.

Edited by Felixr2

I actually added Egyptian because I realized I counted wrong XD I never read those books or whatever it is, but I read Magnus Chase (biased on Norse mythology) and it has a rune user and what you have listed is relatively the same so I'm just going off of that and what I know about Norse mythology if that's ok.  I know it's not exactly the same, but its based around the same concept and lore with the writer's twist to make things fresh.

That's perfectly fine!

Although, really, all you need to know about Dagny's magical rune usage can be found in the doc I linked in her sheet.

Edited by Felixr2

Old money sounds great! I like that concept. 

I’m thinking we should start bringing together the ultimate plot. A big baddie. Any ideas? 

Supernatural hunters or conspiracy theorists come visit the place with an item(s) that nullify the glamour around a supernatural being?

EDIT:

I switched Asheron's fifth old language from Egyptian to Celtic. Mostly because I have a funny scene in my mind where he meets Monoke (btw her name means demon in Japanese) and they have a conversation when he says something offensive to her by accident and she chews him out in Celtic and he responds with "well that's not a nice thing to say." Leaving her like: :blink:

That's not a bad idea, but I don't see it being a big plot. Definitely like a side/mini plot. Unless of course it draws in more big baddies?

That's what I was thinking. Photos leaked on the internet skeptics come to disprove them only to help fan the flames and then the people who made raven come wanting to recapture her and all the supernatural creatures in the town, place it under quarantine to study them all. 

EDIT: dog that inspired Esther's coloring and breed type.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1055599886149125/

And Sideway is accidentally behind it all. ok! If everyone else agrees then sure! I’m going to start thinking up some more flesh to it.

such a pretty doggo

Something like that...

Raven! Send me those drawings once you get the chance. 

I'm not in a hurry, I just like drawing these kinds of things.

Edited by padfoot

What if they slipped him a drug that made him hazy on the events in his drink or something? 

I half expected the names Sam and Dean to pop up

I was thinking about it and maybe it’d be a chance for me to introduce a new character (I have an idea forming in my head)? But I’m not sure where pad was going to go with his other one :P 

:blink:  What is 'toy house'? Is it a place to store characters?

Also: is he affected by lunar cycles at all?

Yes it's a place to store characters. I recently got one because my deviant art stash was getting full. 

Not exactly. He feels more anxious around the full moon and the need to run but from what I've read Faoladh are not the typical werewolf. Given that he's cursed, he'd feel itchy and irritable in his human shape, but he doesn't lose his human intellect when he shifts. If that makes sense.