RavenWolf1010

Goodneighbor [OOC]

I will love to join! :) I have a few bois I want to rp! 

Username: AroaraAngelwolf

Name:  Asheron Cruze

AppearanceHere he is 5'4" 137 lbs. Often wears grungy, punk style clothes and has dark shades or a skull face eye patch to cover his eye. He is very pale, easily sunburned and his hair is naturally white with black tips, he just adds the purple in his hair. 

Species/powers/ect.: is 25% Vampire 25% Demon 50% Fox(kitsune). He can control a small violet flame called Fox fire, that can float away from him five feet before fading out. Excellent hearing and flexibility. Only one eye can see in inferred, in complete darkness, however it's sensitive to light. Is able to jump his body height. 

personality:  he's overall a kind guy, although he tries to act tough. Mostly watchful. Jokes and diverts attention from himself or his past.

history: he doesn't really speak about it. He gets a haunted look whenever someone mentions certain things. 

other: he doesn't need blood, just lightly cooked meat. 

Name: Jasper Adams

AppearanceHere he's very tall and slender, around 6'9" and 170lbs. Deeply tanned with white freckles all over and pale sun bleached blond hair often up in a ponytail. As a deer he's a large white tail 24 point stag. 

Species/powers/ect.: Cervide: a humanoid deer shifter. 

personality: skittish and jumpy he's quite shy and doesn't speak much. He never met another cervide and would like to. He is very careful when running around as a deer, tying a bright neon pink ribbon on his horn before shifting to avoid being hunted by the wolves or other human/predator shifters. 

history: he was orphaned, found by a Hunter in the middle of the woods as a toddler who had a broken leg. He was given to foster care, where he had an array of households in which he stayed, mostly good, some not so much. When he hit high school age he was with a very nice family who wanted to adopt him then his horns started to appear. Up until this point, he hid his tail in his pants, and wore a hat or beenie until his antlers got too big in sophomore year. He painfully cut his antlers until he graduated and that night fled from the home he loved so much fearing their ridicule. He has no idea the family found him and moved to this place to bring him back into the family.

other: he's strictly vegetarian. He'd tolerate meat being eaten in front of him as long as it isn't veal. 

Name:  Mononoke aka Monoke ( just shortened Mon-no-Kay) she prefers the shortest version. 

AppearanceHuman  and Wolf 5'4" muscular and makes her own clothing from the animals she kills. Nothing is to be waisted in her community. 

Species/powers/ect.:  A Faoladh- an Irish werewolf that's considered good. They are protectors of children, wounded men, and lost people. They can shift at will.

Monoke's saliva as a wolf heals wounds (if there's debris in said wound it would push it out as it heals.) Amount of saliva will depend on how much the wound would heal (if major it would not heal entirely) enhanced strength and senses. She has enhanced healing and immunity to silver, nightshade is her weakness. dangerously allergic to it. and moon flowers.

personality:  very protective, kind and generous, she's a typical Irish hot head, with a temper higher than her stature. She doesn't like bullies, people who are blatantly rude or oblivious and those who harm children, the disabled and animals. She's proud of her scars, they were from performing her duties as a guardian. Her accent is quite thick at times when angry, don't tease her for it, she tries to make her speech audible so people can understand her most of the time. Oh, and don't say cow to her, it's a horrible insult to an Irish woman. 

history: She was born as a Faoladh in a small community in Ireland. When a pair of brothers came to their little hallow, tracking their ancestry they were told of the legends in these parts by the Elder. One of them, the younger one laughed at one of the stories and upset the Elder. She knows now, he never ment any disrespect he just found it amusing. There's no way to remove the curse and she volunteered to keep an eye on the lad so he doesn't freak out and expose the Faoladh to the.... not so supernatural friendly community. Considers Joseph a little brother. 

other: she has a wolf dog named Grey also with her in the picture.  

Name: Joseph Isador Church

AppearanceHuman and wolf form 6'5 black hair dye fading from his blonde hair and scars from farm equipment. Light blue almost aqua looking eyes. 

Species/powers/ect.: Faoladh- he was cursed by a old Irish witch for mocking the old stories. Because he was cursed, he doesn't have the gift of healing. He has strength and senses. he heals only slightly faster than a normal person.

personality: He has what some call Aspie. It's a form of autism. It makes simple conversations difficult and maintaining eye contact challenging. He has developed social anxiety and stress induced panic attacks which could leave him frozen in fear or make him flee. He is often spotted with a coloring book, his dog Esther that is his therapy dog to help him in social situations, or in a small tight spot that he finds comfortable. If you engage with a conversation, talk about one of his focuses that are; farming tools and equipment, flowers and their uses/ Victorian meaning/ language, stone meanings/uses/where they are found, Catholic church things(saints, bible verses and meanings), and anything mythology related from Greek to Roman and Egyptian. These will be more comfortable for him to talk about. Otherwise he's very sweet, sometimes blunt but honest to a fault.

history: he used to be a farmer until he was cursed. Now his brother Eli runs the family farm. He has a beautiful husky golden mix he lovingly calls Esther Ruth Church. He's terrified about being teased by other people and is socially awkward. He doesn't communicate well. 

other: among his tattoos there's a mark in the runes W-o-l-f marking him as cursed. They overlap each other looking like This. They are located on his lower arm he keeps wrapped up to hide it.  This is Esther

((will edit later))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Starting out porting a few of my characters from the original, with minor edits (tweaked powers and more fleshed-out history)

Username: Felixr2

Name: Fotein Psychi

Appearance: A 1,86 meters tall, pale woman with natural golden highlights in her long, brown, waving hair. She has capturing hazel eyes set in a beautiful, round face. Her long, delicate white dress has detailed patterns of various flowers on the chest area and sleeves. On her neck is a golden necklace with a set of smooth, shiny white stones ordened to depict a lotus.

Species/Powers/Ect.: She can brighten souls, making a person less eager to act in selfish ways. The stronger the willpower of the brightened person, the shorter and less notable the effect is. She can also use more extreme measurements and burn one's soul away, most likely killing them, but she will only go that far when she loses control over herself. Doing this will also make her lose most of her energy and she'll turn back to her normal self. When struck with great kindness, her own soul brightens, releasing a faint glow and a bit of extra warmth from her body.

Personality: She is very loving and will never seek to do harm to anyone. Her ideology is a world where everybody can live together in peace and she believes that that's something that can be achieved. Her strong faith in this belief is what she considers her most important possession. If someone manages to make her lose this faith - momentarily - she will get infuriated and lose control over herself, most likely getting rid of the burst of energy by burning the unfortunate soul that pushed her over the line of sanity. She is fully aware that this can happen to her and frightened by it, although she will only think about it when someone is actively disagreeing with her beliefs. She will then immediately continue to warn people.

History: She was born in a quite normal family in a religious town. In her teens she went to serve in the town's church, where she found out about the corrupt business going on there. This was the first time she lost control. Some of her classmates saw her loudly screaming with a furious glare in her eyes while the pastor, screaming in agony, crumbled down towards the floor. The story spread and in less than a day time she went from loved to feared and she had to run away from home. The town where she settled had a church that was a lot nicer than the one in her hometown. The pastor there gave her the dress and necklace she's still wearing today. For many years it all seemed nice and well, but when she was 30, the town got assaulted. When a bandit killed the pastor in front of her eyes, she lost control again. Once again, she ran. Time and time again, she ran to another town, stayed for a while, lost control, and ran again. When she started to notice the pattern in this herself, she tried to counteract it. That went better than she had expected. In time, she noticed how she could affect other people's behavior, though she still doesn't quite understand how it works. In all this time, she never lost faith in her belief that it could all become right, that it could all become peaceful, that there would be a time that she'd never have to make any victims again...

Username: Felixr2

Name: Dagny Brinjardottir

Appearance: Standing at 163 cm, she's quite short for her age. The brown rags she wears clash with her long, ashblonde hair and her marine blue eyes. Despite her small size, her sturdy build still gives the impression she can handle her own, although that may not always be true. On the skin of her throat there's a depiction of Thuris, better known as Thor's rune.

Species/Powers/Ect.: Her father, Brinjar Bjornson, is a descendant of Thor and Sif, while her mother, Hella Alvadottir, is a descendant of Od and Freyja. They're both from long lost and forgotten bloodlines that seemed to have lost their magic, but their daughter, Dagny, was born with a runemark on her throat. Besides the usual rune usage of the Norse gods - be it that her power is a bit less and she certainly doesn't have a lot of experience - she can also mentally communicate with Odin, Thor's father, who has immortallized himself as an oracle way back in the past.

Personality: She can be quite mischeivous, lazy, snarky, annoying, etc., but she'll be serious when she has to.

History: Poke her to find out for yourself.

Other: Reference for the runes she'll be able to use and what they represent: here. She's mainly based on Runemarks/Runelight lore, so I'm going with that system. In the doc I put screenshots of two pages of the e-book version of Runelight that anyone can watch for free in the preview on Google Books.

Alright! You two are accepted so feel free to start whenever. 

I'm thinking we need a big underlying plot to keep the RP interesting and alive. I also think we need some more people. and someone to play the baddie (if it connects to Raven's backstory like in the original I feel like I might unconsciously be more biased? But I'm pretty sure I could do it fine).

Hmmm, I still have asheron's history in development however I'm thinking I could tie in his past with ravens? What better super soldier who can walk on walls, see at night or something? He could be from a rejected scientists who made his own experiments, yet his "tests" got confiscated by the facility that kept raven and in that moment his mother escaped with him?

Don't have to do that though. I'm sure someone will come along once this gets past the awkward starting point and would love to throw in a little drama... (in this case major drama)

Question. Is there a church in Goodneigbor? That would be the first place Fotein would go. And the last place Dagny would go.

I would think so, some sort of church. (Joseph wouldn't move to a place without a Catholic church nearby. He's set in his routine)) if it isn't in Goodneighbor, then there's probably one outside of town in the woods somewhere. 

The way I picture it is there’s a small church where a pastor lives, but he’s open to everyone and just wants to help. Very friendly and understanding. ((I almost want to make him more than just an NPC now...))

Alright, that's perfect for Fotein! And Dagny will sooner or later have to get used to the fact that religious people can be kind... heh.

Will this one stick around? Will Raven watch over her imaginary town like the loving creator she is? I would love to find out.

[B]Username:[/B] Padfoot
[B]Name:[/B] Jaja Kouy
[B]Gender:[/B] male
[B]Age:[/B] 33
[B]Appearance:[/B] Jaja
[B]Species/Powers/Ect.:[/B] Adze. Has three forms:
Swarm: When injured or hunting, Adze can dissolve into a swarm of blue fireflies.
Human: During the day the spirit of the adze will lie in wait in the body of it's host (usually human) in this form the Adze can be killed by means of a normal human. Most hosts are unable to access the spirit of the adze while in this form
Adze: When the spirit of the adze awakens, the host's tissue undergoes a rapid transformation that leaves them a humanoid insect monster. In this form, the adze posses enhanced speed and durability as well as the ability of flight with the aid of six papery black wings. In this form, the adze needs to feed on mammalian blood using a massive proboscis that can be fired from his mandibles at incredible speed. 
[B]Personality:[/B] His human personality will be apparent once I begin rping
[B]History:[/B] Added as revealed
[B]Other:[/B]
Edited by padfoot

Indeed a good question. I’m not doing any other RPs as of right now so I shouldn’t be dropping it. I have time here and there to read and see what going on but not always to reply XD .

Accepted and welcome back. :) I still haven’t had a chance to sit down at a computer and add character forms but after my meet today I should. 

Knew that site was too good to be true. I think I got it working now.

Also

Username:padfoot

Name: Robert sideway

Appearance: Sideway

Species/Powers/Ect.: Incubus
As an incubus, Sideway requires affection and physical contact in order to feed. While he can kill humans by feeding too much at once, fae and other non-humans only get a hangover and fatigue. If continuous feeding occurs, the subject will fall into a state of obedience and the need to protect Sideway.

Personality: will be apparent

History: Lately, Sideway has a pretty good handle on what he is and how his lifestyle has had to change but at first, his life was a nightmare. Once he hit puberty is when his powers manifested. At 19, when he lost his virginity, he killed his girlfriend in the back of her car. He didn't know what to do. His parents had kicked him out a year before and there was no way he would be able to get off murder charges on his own so he did the only thing he could. He ran
The next few years he wandered around the USA and Canada. Killing people in his strange way every month or so. It wasn't around his twenty third birthday he arrived in Goodneighbor. There he met a man claiming to be a doctor of the usual. After his physical, The man told him what he was and what he needed to survive. With the help of his new friends and neighbors, he has been able to survive happy and healthy.

Other:

Edited by padfoot

Alright everyone's characters should be on there now, including your newest one Pad. I've been waiting to move forward and introduce Gabe until everyone else starts their characters. :)

I'm sure it's like the pens cashiers use to check bills. Counterfeiting money using glamours is probably handled the same way.

Raven, not to be picky but could you pick a darker color for Gabe's posts? It's difficult for me to read. 

Humans generally are the only ones who cannot see past the glamour (except a given few, i.e. Donna). And then there's those that allow them to be seen without glamour (like Gabe and the pastor).

Sure thing, pad. It used to be so easy with the old forum to find the right grey you could still read...

Well you could read the old default gray. I swear, I leave for a few months and all the color selection goes to hell.

Thanks, Raven

EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION! I am a set designer in real life so if you give me a two dimensional drawing or description of the diner or the town or Hancock's house I can draw up a 3-D scale model in CAD.

I honestly love doing this so bring it on if you feel like it. 

For example

The Weekly Goodneighbor

The Weekly Goodneighbor Left Iso

The Weekly Goodneighbor Right Iso

I haven't added the doors or windows and I might not. Depends.

Edited by padfoot

Sweet! I took a architecture class in high school instead of pre calculus. Straight lines are the death of me. At least I could draw a floor plan though!

Okay, I got a question: is the church a Catholic church or protestant? Yes, there's a difference. 

Think of Christianity as a large umbrella, Catholic church is the shaft Judaism is the handle. The top of the umbrella is the protestant churches that didn't form until Martin Luther (who was Catholic) posted his thesis  on a church door in 1517.

Lutheran is the first protestant church. They usually use terms like pastor, elder, minister, and reverend. Priest is less common along with father or mother (for women could be ordained too) although these are often interchangeable with Catholic priests (but not elder minister reverend and mother)

There's two others called henryism and Calvinism. Overall there's 110 different denominations of protestant churches under these three beliefs.

To cut it short the difference between Catholic and Protestant churches is mainly to cross that hangs in said church. If the cross is empty- protestant.  if the cross has Jesus on it it's called a crucifix and that's a Catholic symbol. 

(This doesn't include Mormon churches who don't have any crosses anywhere) masses are also different and the church set up is different depending on the denomination.

Also, if it has holy water at the entrance, it's most likely Catholic. 

It's kinda important to Joseph if it's Catholic or protestant (although they can be held in the shame church just with some rearranging required. )

That’s awesome pad! I’ll see if I have a time to draw some up. They’d be pretty basic but I hope they’d be enough. I’ll send them to you when if I get them. Thanks for the offer ^_^

Well I never thought to put that much thought into it actually. If anything I would say it’s Protestant. It seems more fitting for Gabe and the overall town. But like I said initially, it’s a pretty open church but the pastor is a Protestant Christian. I was never raised religiously (besides an ocassional LDS Sunday service with my grandparents) so I’m kind of out of the loop with it all. :wacko: 

I won’t be able to reply to the RP until later today, but I’ll be around to answer other questions. 

Edited by RavenWolf1010

basic is good. I can play with it then. Just give me the approximate measurements of the exterior walls and that should be all I need. 

OOOO! If you give me the town layout I can just start drawing buildings in relation to each other as I finish them. (If you have the program, you can walk through the model)

For the church, Is it a colonial style or more gothic? Both are fun to draw but Colonial is kinda the way I'm leaning