RavenWolf1010

Goodneighbor [Open]

Sideway raised his hands in surrender when the front door was thrown open and a sword was thrust towards his chest. He was frightened for all of a second until he realized who it was. It was Gabe, Great He thought. He didn't expect the angel to be waiting at Hancock's place and that was the last thing he needed with all that has been going on. 

"Oh, it is you." The angle said, making her sword vanish into a flash of light.

"It's 2018. You can't still be shoving medieval weaponry in people's faces" Sideway  said with a frown. Usually he would be this easily annoyed but today has put him in no mood.

"I will warn you that he has found his way to some liquor. How much help he might be to you now is... negateble." Gabe warned as she stepped aside to let him pass. As the man entered the house, he felt the strange nag in his gut that was all to familiar. No way? How the hell am I hungry? I must have fed last night he thought, putting on a disguising smile, "He's already drinking? I was hoping so after the day I've been having." he said with a stiff chuckle. Gabe left the room without saying much more, Sideway guessed to sleep or pray or whatever angels do.

"Ah! Sideway. I forgot you were stopping by. I, uh, treated myself to a few drinks. Would you like one?" The man said with the carefulness of a drunk. The man poured a second drink and invited Sideway to sit at the kitchen table with him. 

"Yeah, I just had something to work on in the office but I couldn't focus" He said, taking a sip of the...whatever, Hancock poured him, "But I'm not here to bore you with work. I want to tell you about last night"

And he did. Sideway recounted exactly what he could remember as well as the strange texts and voicemail he had recieved. When he was done talking, his glass only had a thin layer of melted ice at the bottom. The incubus let out a long puff of air, "I'm not even sure where to start. Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I feel fine...well, a little hungry but that's no big deal" Sideway said, snagging the bottle off Hancock's side and refilling his glass. 

Joseph was fascinated by the wolf that came inside. He had no doubts it was a wolf, he'd seen enough while farming and lived as one for a year now so he should know the difference. He wasn't surprised Esther made a friend with one, given that she lives with three of them but what astonished him was the human like way the wolf dried and cleaned up after itself. However when the beautiful creature made for the back area he knew this wolf was more than a wolf. Still he watched it's movements until it slowed to study him. Quickly, he looked away, making himself appear smaller, less a threat to the apex predator. 

Esther followed her friend to the back and bounced around play tackling her before scrambling to her spot getting out her rope to play tug-of-war with her. When he was finished with the pins, he took them and the bouquets to the back refrigerated section, carefully avoiding stepping behind the wolf and moving slow so it wouldn't be startled. Finished with his daily routine  He sat at a table in the back, pulling out a coloring book and a pack of pencils to work on. "Esther your friend is quite beautiful. " Esther dropped the rope to vocalize a compliant. This made him laugh. "Yes sweetheart you're beautiful too, but I'm biased towards you. I did raise you, but your friend he- he right?" The goldbarin shook herself. "She is pretty in a more..... what's the word... more like a black panther is in its natural habitat. Powerful and graceful, her fur color is nothing like I've ever seen before too..." He said glancing over at the two canines before looking back at his coloring. 

While Asheron was talking, the waitress had given her the sandwich and milk. She took a bite of the sandwich while listeninig to the partially undead man explaining what her new residence would look like. She finished her bite before she responded.

"I don't think I'm going to need anything out of the ordinary.", she replied. "Although a pen and a notebook could come in handy."

She had always wanted something to write stuff down. Not all the runes Odin had taught her to use were from the Elder Futhark - which she could already read prior to Odin's lessons - and she had a hard time remembering some of them, like IarYr, or Ea. If she could sketch them, it would help a lot.

"I'd like to take some notes if I notice something interesting, you see." She said, not entirely untruthfully.

The man listened intently to Sideway as he recounted what he knew. "You should take a swing in Raven's batter box, lord knows she could use the edge taken off her." He slurred over the rim of his glass more to himself than anything. While he had been devoting his attention to Sideway, in the back of his mind he continued to worry about Raven and what trouble she could be causing now. Hancock sighed and set the glass down then leaned back and folded hands across the back of his head. "You've heard of Rohypnol, right? A roofie? I'm sure you have at some point or another. What it sounds like to me bud is that someone spiked your drink last night. But you only had a drink before bed last night, right?" He sat forward and rubbed his chin. "Can incubi (is that the correct term?) even get roofied?" The man wondered aloud. "If you had, it would explain why you don't remember a thing. Most people never do and the only reason why they know something was array is the fact they wake up somewhere and can't remember how they got there, sound familiar?" Who would roofie Sideway though? Despite the inappropriateness and insensitivity of it, he could not help but find himself holding back a laugh at the fact Sideway had been the one to get drugged. A reverse roofie. He made a mental note to write that down somewhere later. 

His insensitivity and lack of filter could directly be attributed to the amount of alcohol he had been drinking. The sizable bottle that had in the beginning had only been a quarter of the way drank was now a quarter of the way empty. Just as he was moving to pour another drink Gabriel seemed to materialize from the shadows and took up the bottle. "You need to be sharp tomorrow, we have issues to address." She carried the bottle with her and out the front door as she left the two men to find Raven. "Ok, mom." Hancock said dejectedly before moving to instead get some water. "Any belligerent ex-lovers that would be out to get you?" With a wink he began to rinse the cup and filled it with water. "I mean overall you seem to be alright. You're not dead in a ditch, you don't have any obscenities drawn on your face, it just doesn't all add up. Those numbers... have you texted back at all? Or heard anything else?"

For the most part after the initial encounter, Raven did not regard the man. To her he posed no threat and for that he was not on her radar and allowed her to relax for once and enjoy herself. The wolf took up tug-of-war against Esther, careful not to pull too hard. When he had appeared at the table whence they played she was surprised some. Mid-game Esther had dropped the rope and was seemingly unpleased as she faced the man. Had he said something? Raven cocked her head and whined. He called her a he. Immediately she snorted disdainfully, but her friend Esther was quick to correct him. Pretty? Her tail wagged eagerly. He thought she was pretty! In a 'I'm-a-graceful-predator-that-could-also-eat-you' kind of way. She would take what she could get. With his final comment on her fur color she looked down at her paws. Raven had never given much thought to her fur color. Then again, she was fairly isolated from any other kind of wolves. Given what she was, normal wolves often feared her and werewolves exiled her. Hell, she did not even have a soul of her own. Gabriel told her that once. It had to do with the way she had been 'made'. It was almost like she was a synthetic person, or a robot. It was why Gabriel could not find her unless it was by sight. 

The wolf sat and let her tongue roll out, making her look cheeky.

If you think I'm pretty like this, you should see me in my other form.

(( Hancock: Raven stop exposing yourself! You're going to get everyone caught!

Raven: [Read at 5:27 P.M.]))

((Did she just speak or something?))

Asheron nodded and waited her to finish, his plate was cleared away and his milkshake was nearly finished. "I have plenty of those. I just have to find one that hasn't been used yet. Call me Asher please." He said pulling out his wallet to pay. He swore in Japanese. "Forgot to bring cash..." He heaved a sigh and pulled out a plain jet black card with his name printed in the corner in gold. He handed it to the waitress looking embarrassed. 

----

Joseph chuckled at the wolf's cheeky grin. "A sassy one aren't you? I'd offer a treat, but I only have dog ones and I don't want to be rude, besides..." He stepped and blinked twice realizing that she spoke. "I - I knew it!" He said springing up like a child who just won a difficult game. He giggled. "I thought you behaved differently. Wolves are very smart, I've dealt with them before." He said then looked panicked. "I never shot at them, just in the air to scare them away from our cattle and sheep." He added. Some werewolves were protective of their wild kin. He then seemed to realize that this was a woman shifter and his gentlemanly shy farm boy nature kicked in. He blushed and started twisting the pencil he still held in his fingers nervously. "A-are you sure you're completely dry? I have a spare set of clothes you can barrow so your clothes could dry. I know werewolves don't really get sick, but you never know.... I don't want you to get sick ma'am..." 

((Edited sweet teddy bear Joseph!))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sideway raised one eyebrow at Hancock at his comment about batting boxes that belonged to Raven. He chuckled and shook his head, "Nope. Been there, tried that", he said, downing the last of the liquid in his glass, "Most people in town know I'm an incubus which either makes them turn tail and run or it's some fetishized thing." He rolled his eyes , "which, you know, isn't always terrible but the latter never really know what they are getting into," Sideway said with a faraway look. While Hancock was beginning to lose his composure to the effects of his drinks, Sideway seemed fine. He ran pretty hot and was grateful that Hancock was drinking liquor so he could actually feel something. 

"You've heard of Rohypnol, right? A roofie? I'm sure you have at some point or another. What it sounds like to me bud is that someone spiked your drink last night. But you only had a drink before bed last night, right?" Handcock shifted in his seat and rubbed his chin. "Can incubi even get roofied?" The man asked his drink "If you had, it would explain why you don't remember a thing. Most people never do and the only reason why they know something was array is the fact they wake up somewhere and can't remember how they got there, sound familiar?"

Sideway frowned as he listened the the man's theory. Of course he had heard of roofies, they were a dangerous part of the dating world and he couldn't stand that people would sink to that level. Sideway nodded, "Yeah, I know about 'em and yeah, the only drink I had last night was as I was going over the notes I had on the story I was working on." he explained, "I'm not sure what the effects are on me since I have ever knowingly taken Rohypnol but that is weirdly familiar." Sideway fell into thoughtful silence that resonated between the two men until Gabriel appeared and snatched the bottle from Hancock's hand. She scolded him and said something about something happening tomorrow.  

"Any belligerent ex-lovers that would be out to get you?" With a wink Hancock began to rinse the cup and filled it with water at the sink. "I mean overall you seem to be alright. You're not dead in a ditch, you don't have any obscenities drawn on your face, it just doesn't all add up. Those numbers... have you texted back at all? Or heard anything else?"

Sideway shook his head, "I usually visit the clubs and bars in the neighboring towns when I get hungry so most people I sleep with don't even know where I live. It's not like we are easy to find here in Goodneighbor. Sideway took out his phone and opened his messaging app, "No. I only called Claudia but she hasn't gotten back with me yet" He said, worry creeping into his voice, "Plus I'm afraid to text the last one back" he said, turning the phone so Hancock can see.

Dagny looked at the black card confused. She had never seen anything like it. Given that Asher had taken it out after stating that he forgot to take cash with him, she assumed it was something he could use to pay. Was this what people called a "credit card"? It sure looked like something fancy people would use, like the man in the fancy white suit with a black suitcase she had seen on her way to Goodneighbor, in one of the towns nearby it. That was more the type of man she'd associate with those "credit cards". Black tie, white hat, shiny sunglasses. Quite a lame sight, compared to a father slaying a bear with nothing but a fur coat and a makeshift spear, but it had something peculiar to it. Thinking back on it, that man was even the first person she'd heard mention the word. "Can i also pay with my credit card?", he had asked. At a newspaper store. Dagny had been surprised that the answer had been yes.

"Uhm... This might be a stupid question, but... What is that card?", Dagny asked Asher. She had almost finished her milk and was halfway through her sandwich. "Can you... pay with it?"

~~~~~~

Sometimes he just got that urge. At times when everything seemed to go against him. When nothing he tried work out and he felt like he might as well punch a hole through the wall out of frustration. Cocaine. He got the urge to fall back on cocaine. But he couldn't. He had to stay sharp. He couldn't ruin the Mission. Not now he had the feeling that he was getting real close.

He grabbed back to the newspaper he had bought last week. That was also the day the last Event had occured. He took off his white fedora and hung it up on the coat rack, combed his hair back into model with his hand and read: Bigfoot. Is he among us? He had read this article so many times he almost knew it by heart. That article was the very reason he had bought the newspaper, in fact. He sat down on his chair, turned off the room lamp, instead turned on a small lamp by the side of his desk and started thinking.

Why hasn't there been any continuation of this yet? Why is it so vague? Why can't I find more information? The picture is real, that's obvious.

Not knowing what to do, he put his hat back on, went to the local store and bought a newspaper.

No useful information, aside from the fact that yet another day would pass without many progress. He then got a phone call.

"Yes? Mhmm. Interesting. And where are they headed? Never heard of that. It's that close? I'll take my leave now."

It seems he would be heading for Goodneighbor, just two hours driving from here.

He flushed with embarrassment. "It's a credit card. But kinda special. Only the ah.... the very wealthy get cards like this. " He shifted in his seat. "Please don't ask, I don't like people to know about it. I mostly carry cash so I don't have to pull it out. Most places think I stole it because I don't wear high priced clothes and act like a jerk to people. " He muttered softly, ready to provide his I.d. if needed. Once he paid for the meals he waited until she was finished before getting up. "My house is a short drive away. About five minutes from town on the main road. " He had parked close to the dinner, so he ran over to the old Cadillac and opened the passenger side door for her. Once she was inside, he slipped into the driver seat and took two times to start it up before he rumbled off and down the road. 

He pulled over onto a cobblestone driveway, pass an open pair rod iron gates that twisted into a fox with seven tails, and into a thick wood. It cleared after a few minutes reveling a run down gothic Victorian mansion in need of repair. To the side, an old abandoned church sat in even worse condition than the mansion, but at least the manner itself was still standing. "Can my house get any more creepier...." He mutterd. Lightning flashed behind it followed by a roll of thunder that rattled the windows and shook a few shingles off the roof. "Right... thanks! Now it's like a horror movie, let the rich slob take the new girl to his house for a lovely chat and a murderer..." He said sarcastically putting the car in park. "The gods hate me...." He groaned as another bolt lit the clearing. "The place looks bad, but I'm busy and prefer not to be outside during the day hours. I'm a kitsune, a vampire and partly demon. I'm not going to hurt you so don't worry. Now, welcome to Black Fox manner. The windows are drafty in some rooms, but it's solid and clean inside plus the roof doesn't leak. I'll show you around. " He said getting out of the car and going to unlock the door to his home. 

Hancock's warning echoed in her ears. The man seemed nice enough, though. Of course that was how She seemed. 

"Just one more prick, honey." The young girl relaxed her muscles that strained against the numerous hands holding her down. This was her favorite doctor she had decided. The woman always was very kind and gentle whereas the other male doctors were more brutish. She was fairly new for Eight could not recall ever seeing her in passing. The experiment inhaled sharply as the needle met her skin and burrowed into the vein on her arm. "There, now are we going to listen and behave, right?" The girl nodded, eyes wide with nervousness. With a nod of her head, the woman made the various pairs of hands disappear. Eight sat up slowly and her eyes darted to and from the faces surrounding her. A snarl crept up in her throat. "Back up." Snapped the woman as she reached for the girl's hand. "Come with me now, I promise they won't hurt you again." Her wild eyes darted from the hand back to the faces around. Finally she took it and slid off the table and onto the floor. "Mind the IV." Chirped the woman as she lead Eight to another part of the facility. 

Over the coming years the two had begun to form a bond. She taught Eight how to read and write, taught her etiquette and manners, and sometimes would even bring her the good food from the facility cafeteria so she would not have to eat the 'nutritious' slop she so often was forced to eat. The amenities she provided her softened the harshness of the tests she had to endure daily. Every little thing was accounted for and studied.

One day as they were reading together, the woman she had come to call Mother suddenly stopped reading. "What is it?" Eight asked, a sinking feeling filling her after so long of being at peace. "All this time, and you don't have a proper name! No little girl should be running around being called only 'Eight'. I think we should give you a proper name." The experiment had never given much thought to it. Her life was filled with a series of numbers, not names. Everything seemed to have a number. Except of course the characters in the books. Those were fiction though. "If you could have any name you wanted, what would it be?" She went quiet, thinking deeply about all the names she knew (which was not very many). "Lucy." Eight said after some time. "Like the girl from the Narnia books."

"Lucy it is."

As Raven got older, she started having more questions that no one seemed to answer. Mother came around less, furthering her hurt and anger. Her first change came on the full moon when she was 16. It was terrifying and she had little control over what happened. After that they began training her in fighting which would ultimately be their downfall. The older she became, the more out of control she became. Eventually she was so out of hand that on the weekly guards were being sent to the infirmary after being mauled. By the age of 17 she had already attempted escape twice, all resulting in her recapture and following punishment. Once she discovered that her beloved 'Mother' had been the one overseeing the various painful procedures she underwent, that was when she really went AWOL. Unable to study her without putting her under she was for the most part scraped. One fateful day (ironically around the time she turned 18) Raven made her escape, erasing all that she could of the Mother that marked her. 

"...ma'am." Raven blinked and recounted what he had said to her. Cattle and sheep? Ah, a farm. Where was his farm now? Wondered the wolf. A sudden bashfulness came over the man, something Raven was unaccustomed to. That's alright, I wouldn't want to be a burden to you. The uncertainty and unease of the situation left her wanting to remain in her wolf form, lest anything happen. Surely no evil man would have such a loving dog as Esther. Her feelings were mixed and unsure.

Hancock scratched his head and took the phone from him and looked over the messages. He then handed it back with a thoughtful look. "Your phone... the location services are off? Maybe someone did find you." That was the problem with these phones. It left people susceptible to private information getting out. "It still doesn't make sense as to why they'd just leave you out there. Until something else crops up, we don't have a whole lot to go off of." It was just then Hancock's gut twisted; his premonition senses were tingling. "Not to belittle your issues at all, but I have a feeling something big is coming. I got the feeling this morning too." A sudden, sobering seriousness overtook John as he spoke. There was obvious worry in his eyes. "Maybe what happened is connected to that. If it is, we have quite a hell storm coming our way, Sideway." Maybe Gabriel and her angels had an idea of what was coming. Unlikely, after all they do not tell the future. Hancock's gift was a typical blessing and a curse. While he knew things were coming, he would never be able to know what it was until it was here and it was too late.

---------------------

The mountain road in the rain proved treacherous. Most of the drive Same was white-knuckling the steering wheel. By the time they had made it into town half the party was feeling sick. "Anyone have some ginger?" Moaned a party member. "Alright team, we'll head to the motel down the road and take some time to recoup." The train of two vans passed various shops and a diner, along with a pharmacy and a grocery store. Drew was nominated to book rooms. Once that had been done, they all divided them and stuff into the two rooms. "I'm getting some pretty strange EMF readings here, Sam." From the bed which he was sprawled out on Sam groaned and sat up. "It's probably just the mountains. Lord knows you can't get reception for **** here."  One of the other men, under the name of Garrett, quietly took out his phone and texted. 

11:14  Arrived in the town. No obvious abnormalities. Awaiting orders.

11:14  Updated Directive is to remain in town until further notice. Report any unusual information and sightings of supernatural beings.

Sideway took his phone back and pocketed it. The man though for a moment about Hancock's question, "Of course my location is off" He said, remembering the icon on his phone always being off, "I also though we didn't have to worry about that since Skinner upgraded the barrier last summer" Sideway suddenly couldn't remember if that was suppose to be hidden from Hancock's knowledge. Skinner thought it was necessary once that new mundane mountain road that passed dangerously close to their secret home opened up, bringing campers and degenerates into the surrounding woods. 

"Not to belittle your issues at all, but I have a feeling something big is coming. I got the feeling this morning too." Hancock said, suddenly adopting a serious tone, ". "Maybe what happened is connected to that. If it is, we have quite a hell storm coming our way, Sideway." 

Sideway scoffed, "I think it's weird that I take up sleepwalking the same night your spidy sense starts tingling., don't you?" he said. The rain outside had thankfully calmed to a light drizzle. He still had a few things to do today. All seem so mundane after today's turn of events but they still needed to be done. Sideway rose to his feet and sighed. Other than the buzz, his visit to Hancock's house only made him feel worse, "Well, thanks for meeting with me and listen to my bedside woes but I gotta grab a bite to eat and run to the store. I hope you're wrong about your feeling". With that last statement, Sideway left the man's house and started down his driveway back to town. 

The incubus pushed the door to the diner open with a tingle of the small bell over the door. He glanced around at the simi-familiar faces that were scattered around the diner as he made his way to the counter. He took a seat on a bar stool and pulled out his phone to  check if he missed anything. He has breakfast here everyday and always ordered the same thing, a omelet with a black coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A woman with inky black hair that wiped around her face stood on the western peak of the sheer mountains that surround Goodneighbor. She looked down at the sleepy little town nestled in the valley below. She was talking on the phone with someone. How she could hear anything was a mystery, the wind was howling around her and threatened to throw the small girl clear of the rock. After a few more moments, the woman hung up her phone and sighed. She had been living in Goodneighbor for almost six months and she had hardly heard a thing from her employers. She wasn't worried, that wasn't her style, but she was getting low on living funds. The woman sighed and lept off the cliff.

Shortly after her feet left the ground, the woman's body burst into a cloud of thick, black smoke. The smoke snaked it's way down into the forest below. The tendril of smoke zipped through the trees with ease. It wouldn't take her long to reach town in this state. Even so, the cloud of smoke stopped dead and swirled on the spot. The dark haired woman reformed from the mass of writhing smoke and continued to the town on foot. 

The woman lighting a cigarette as she walked through the trees is Poppy Dromer, modified human extraordinaire. She would never say it out loud in this town though. As far as her neighbors know she is a wisp wanted for a few petty crimes in one of the bordering states, Poppy couldn't really remember what exact state she settled on. She had moved to Goodneighbor about six months ago and so far all she had been doing is trying everything on the only diner's menu and sitting on her ass. She guessed that's where she is heading now, grab something to eat then run to grab supplies. Phone call or not, the deadline was approaching. Poppy wasn't one to miss a deadline. 

Edited by padfoot

The drive had been a rough one. Looking at the route he noticed a shortcut through the woods. He had brought a car that was good for driving offroad, rather than one of his twelve fancy cars, and it would work perfectly. He sat down behind the steering wheel, started his car first try, turned on the navigation device and started driving.

By going straight towards his target instead of taking the normal road, he saved more than three quarters of the driving time. This car was designed for drives like this. Through the forest, 'accidentally' driving over some animals on the way. He was glad the car was sealed shut. He couldn't have bore any dirt spats on the white suit he was wearing. It was more expensive than half of his cars. Combined.

He then noticed something... peculiar. A weird run of smoke crawled over the ground.

"Heh. Didn't expect to be finding you here.", he murmured to himself. He had reached the edge of town. He parked his car by the largest tree he could see and got out, taking his suitcase with him.

He positioned himself at the edge of the woods. He was curious how that chick was doing lately. Patiently he waited, leaning his hand to the tree. When he saw the cloud of smoke approaching in the distance, he calmly took a steady stance, moved his right hand to under his white suit, took out a gun and shot at the smoke, then walked towards it..

"Well, well." He said, walking towards her. "If that isn't Poppy. Recognize me? The good old Teri? Funny how we ended up in the same spot. Guess I'm on the right track, then. Heh. Bet that your target must be around too, then? Still the same job? How cute. I've completed ten jobs in the past six months. And that without any special powers."

~~~~~~

This was bad. Bryan's attempts to sabotage those amateurs and let them tumble off the road had failed. He could not allow any word of the town being made public. He had to act quickly now. He followed the crew as stealthily as he could. into town, into the motel, into their room. He saw someone using their mobile phone. A threat.

He waited until he had put the phone away - the man put it back in his pocket, minor complication - and got into conversation with the rest of the crew. Bryan took the phone without notice. And the car keys, now he had the chance. Staying longer might be too risky, so he left again, for now, to his own room in the motel. He had caused a delay on their schemes. Taking the risk to do even more today would be unnecessary. He would wait for the next opportunity.

~~~~~~

When Dagny stepped in the car, she was already curious to see what this man's house looked like. She had various ideas of what it could be, but none even got close to... this. What... what was this? Was the mansion behind it? It had to be, right? Huh- no? This was it? A- alright.

"How can someone live here..." she mumbled to herself, before she heard that Asher was mumbling to himself, too. He then spoke to her, telling her his species and explaining that his house was... not as scary as it looked. She started to worry a little, but if he would try anything, she'd have the element of surprise. After all, Asheron couldn't know what she could do, right? Then again, she had made several bad guesses today, so it didn't put her at ease much. She still agreed to follow the... quite weird hybrid into the mansion.

"I really do hope it looks better on the inside than on the outside", she said. Otherwise I can always sleep in the forest.

((Will edit Fotein in later))

Edited by Felixr2

Indeed the inside was spotless. A grand foyer with a plush black and gold Nordic style rug lay covering the dark teak wood floors, a grand spiral staircase of matching wood wound along the side and back wall to the second floor each wooden post carved to look like tales. At the base banister, a black marble statue of a large wolf sized fox with aquamarines set into the eyes sat with seven tails curling around her.  He took off his wet shoes at the door and asked her to do the same. 

Some old empty vases sat on mahogany pedestals, a few looked like they were broken but the cracks were lined with gold. The walls were painted wine and black velvet colors to appear like roses where it could be seen. Right away there were battle axes, throwing knives, swords, daggers, spears and shields of Greek, Norse and Roman lined walls and glass display cases under electric Victorian scones with faux candles glowing in them. They were separated by culture, length, usage and time period each having a little card beneath it listing the name, location, use and date it was found. A chandelier made of iron and depicting a fox with seven tails also held these types of candles. Although it seemed dark, it was clearly well maintained. "See? I can't change the actual interior design, but I can cover it with my work. If Hancock came here, he'd be drooling over my collection. " He grinned moving over to the Fox statue removing his magical items that kept his ears and tail hidden and his eye patch putting them on the statue. "Feel free to look around, the entire second floor is yours to wonder. If you take anything from the library please return it to it's place, I like things in order. Otherwise make yourself at home."  He said stretching, tail flicking as he padded into the living room to light the fire place. "And please no magic in the house or worship of any gods here. You can fix up that old church outside for that. I can't pass the threshold of a house of someone who is under the protection of a deity. You know, from being part vampire and part demon. It's a pain and I really don't wanna knock at my own door to be let in."

----

Joseph felt the all too familiar pang of anxiety and panic when she seemed to ignore him. He was suddenly on the verge of tears with no idea why they were there in the first place. "N-n no your n-not a burden. Please, l-l-let me at least make you tea. O-or something warm. I just want to help..." But I feel so useless and pathetic and a burden to you. He wanted to say but instead he sniffled as his anxiety washed over him. He dropped down and crawled into the nook under the desk he was using facing the wall, knees to his chest as he just broke down. Esther whimpered and approached him slowly, worming her nose under his arm. She sat beside him very still. Like all service animals, she had on a vest that said she was a therapy dog. Emotional support was her specialty, and it was probably why she took to Raven so quickly. Joseph violently rubbed his eyes to stop the tears until Esther shoved her face between his hands and face so he would do any bodily harm to himself. 

(( me: go comfort him 

raven: uh... my mom is calling I have to go *makes a phone with her fingers* ))

It was almost quite suddenly the man began to cry. Raven was alarmed and distressed unsure what to do. She wanted to leave. Badly. Consoling people was not her strong suit. She did not know what to say or do. WWHD. What would Hancock do? He would stay, as she knew she should. What help could she offer him though? The wolf folded her ears to her head and backed away, looking as though she were about to run. Esther seemed to have had it handled. Raven hardly knew him. It's alright, really. She said from a distance. With an exhale the shifter shifted to her human form and moved towards him. The discomfort on her face was obvious but she did her best to give the man a reassuring smile. Please stop crying, she begged in her head. Despite having dried off, her clothes were still damp. She however did not feel the chill. A hand reached out gingerly to console him but she dropped it back to her side. I wish Gabe was here... she'd know what to do. When she was sad, she wanted to be left alone. Whenever she had woken up from a nightmare though and Gabriel was there, she would come in and hold her until she was able to go back to sleep. I wouldn't want a stranger holding me.

"You and me both." Sideway left, leaving Hancock to brood. The stress started to set in despite the numbed state he had tried to leave himself in. Not to mention Gabriel had taken his alcohol. He stood up and paced some. Then he sat back down and watched the rain fall. What were they to do if it all hit the fan? For the longest time they had lived in a comfortable peace. Sure, incidents had come up here and there but they were fairly easy to dispatch. Plus, a feeling had never preceded it like this before. Hancock proceeded then to go to his single-car garage but there was nothing there for him either. "This way Johnny! Hurry up, catch me if you can!" The taunt echoed in his ears. He pushed the words away and headed to his shed and locked himself in. There he went to a few boxes on a shelf and pulled one down. Within it, he pulled out a shoe box. A relic of long time passed. In the shoe box were a handful of pictures. They were yellowing and fading but of what the picture still showed: Two kids playing tag. "Forever and always, sister."

Gabriel flew to the spots her friend frequented and found them abandoned. Usually after storming off she would come to at least one of them. The fact she was not able to found in any worried her. Raven was a creature of habit. She liked having a spot she had established as safe and when she felt threatened that was where she would seek solace. That, or she would be hunting and nowhere did the angel find her trolling her usual spots either. A croak next to her nearly sent her plummeting from the sky. A string of curses in mixed languages tumbled from her mouth and thankfully were whisked away by the wind. "You scared me, bird friend." Rain fell gently around them, wetting Gabriel's clothes and hair it to her face. "Have you seen Raven? I know you tend to follow when she is hunting for her kills." The raven cawed and the archangel was not entirely sure if it was really a yes or no. "Well, thank you." The raven croaked and peeled away from her, disappearing into the forest below. Every once in a while she would see it come by. With a small smile she recalled how the first time Raven came across Goodneighbor she followed the raven here. And after that, she started calling herself Raven. Hancock had told her he suspected that she had had another name, but she rarely diverged much about her past like that to either of them.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Poppy took a drag of her cigarette, lost in her thoughts, when a bullet tore a hole through her forehead. The lead projectile pulled a trail of black smoke behind her head before embedding itself into a nearby tree. She did not fall, but she was surprised. Tendrils of smoke swirled around her "wound" and the top of her head reformed after a few seconds. The woman's hair converted into a writhing mass of dark smoke as she whipped around to find the dead man who shot at her.

"Well, well." A voice said from behind a tree to her left.  A man in a gaudy white suit stepped out and started walking towards her. Poppy raised her fist and converted her forearm into smoke to launch at   "If that isn't Poppy. Recognize me?

Great. Teri. She wanted to go on record that Poppy and Teri were not always this distant from each other. There was a time where they got along, even going so far as to sharing resources and talents on jobs. She wouldn't say he was her friend, more like a companion when she was all still so new at this. He was a hunter of dangerous humans just like she is, it was only natural they gravitated towards each other. Poppy would never admit it to herself but it devastated her when Teri left her when they were younger.

"Of course I recognize you, you dolt" She shot back, solidifying her arm and leaning against the tree with the smoking bullet hole. Perfect metaphor. 

"Funny how we ended up in the same spot. Guess I'm on the right track, then. Heh. Bet that your target must be around too, then? Still the same job? How cute."

"Yeah. Hilarious." She said dryly, "Targets. It was one target until that target led me here. Just waiting on...the right time to launch my plan. You know how it goes."

Per usual, Teri wasn't finished trying to belittle her, "I've completed ten jobs in the past six months. And that without any special powers." he sneered.

Poppy smirked, "Sorry to hear that. I would figure a male prostitute with your looks would do way better than than in just six months." She giggled and gestured to his blazing white suit, "And is that what men of the street are wearing these days?"

She winked and took another drag, "how have you been Teri?" she asked after a pause, "What brings you here anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A plate with a ham and cheese omelet was placed on the bar in front of Sideway with a ceramic tick. Sideway set his coffee mug down and picked up his fork. As he ate, Sideway opened his messaging app. He had a reply to one of the messages from last night:

>Unknown Number<

11:31 AM

Heey! Didn't expect to hear back from you today. 

>Me<

11:32 AM

Yeaeh...I ended up having a weird night. That's why I'm                                                                              texting you actually. I lost my ID and I'm wondering if                                                                              you remember me with it while I was with you. 

>Unknown Number<

11:46 AM

Uhhhhhhh Ok? I know you had it at The Pitt but I

don't know after that. You vanished, remember?

>Me<

11:55 AM

sorry about that. I thought I could hold my liquor. I                                                                                have to get back to work. Can I text you later?

After Sideway received a reply he put his phone away and dropped some cash on the counter. He still needed to go to the store to get some food for his house. The man left the store and started heading towards the market using a shortcut down the side alley and cutting across the parking lot. About halfway across the blacktop, Sideway began to feel lightheaded. It was as if the omelet he just ate was made of bourbon. His legs gave out from under him and he dropped hard to his knees. He was panting hard but he couldn't hear it. All he could hear was the blood rushing in his ears. The last thing he remembered was pitching forward onto the pavement before the world faded to black

Edited by padfoot

"Esther, t-tissues please..." He said, his crying ebbing as he let go of his dog he didn't know she had shifted and approached him. He still was rubbing tears away from his eyes as his beloved supporter went to grab a box of tissues for him. "S-sorry about that.... I get really bad panic a-attacks. It's stupid and I feel weak and useless. I can't even be a p-proper wolf. It's embarrassing." He hiccuped and took the tissues Esther pushed into his lap. He blew his nose, using several tissues until he can breathe normally. The dog was helpful, bringing over the trash bin and even some sanitizing soap that didn't smell like alcohol or the hospital. He used that to clean his hands, still in his little nook before taking off the now damp ace bandage on his arm. It hid the bind rune that was his cursed mark on the outer part of his lower right arm. It even showed up when he was a wolf, fur darker then the rest. He took several deep breaths before turning to crawl out, seeing the wolf gone and the most beautiful woman he laid eyes on in its place. He flushed the perfect shade of tulip pink, blinking at the woman being so close. "A-are you sure you're not cold? I can make tea, oh, where are my m-manners. My name's Joseph. Pleasure to meet you ma'am. A friend of Esther is a f-friend of mine. She has great judgment of character..." He said softly looking suddenly bashful. 

The archangel was beginning to grow more and more worried as there was no sign of Raven. "Where could that girl have gone?" A thought crept into her mind and planted itself. What if They have gotten her? Her efforts were fueled further. Heading back into town she swooped low. What glamour did not take care of, her own angelic powers did, leaving her unseen to all those she did not want seeing her. It's getting close to lunchtime now... Maybe she went back to the diner. Upon flying overhead the angel spotted a form sprawled lifelessly in the parking lot. Please don't be Raven... Please don't be Raven... Gabriel tucked her wings to her back and fell from the sky down to the earth like a rock. At the last moment before hitting the ground she snapped open her wings as a parachute and landed on the ground in a run. As she neared she could see it indeed was not Raven much to her relief. Instead, she found Sideway just coming to. "What happened? Did They take her? Where are They?" The angel's armor materialized, along with her sword, as she readied for battle. Her eyes darted all around them watching for movement. "Are you alright?" Gabe asked fretfully as she lowered her sword and squatted down. She used her wings to shield them from the light rain despite the fact they were both already soaking. 

Gabriel did not know Sideway well. Over the years, mostly through Hancock, she had gotten to know him and what he was. An incubus. Despite what he was, Gabriel had never found a reason to have to kill him. To the extent of her knowledge he had not killed any human beings (intentionally), only fed. That was fair enough in her book to overlook her heavenly duties. Not to mention he was a well-liked resident around Goodneighbor, and by both Raven and Hancock. 

Raven hung back silently as her friend Esther tended to her master. Curiously she watched as the dog brought him things he needed. Then she watched him clean himself up (the sanitizer smelled lovely, like flowers) and remove the bandage from his arm. She could not help but stare and lean close to see the rune better. It was beautiful, in a terrible kind of way. The man moved to come out of the nook, putting them close to each other. Raven scrambled back and stood up abruptly and noticed he had blushed. Rather bashfully herself she took a strand of her short hair and twirled it around her finger. "My name is Raven." As he fretted over her she found it would probably be best to just acquiesce to his kindness. "Sure, tea sounds nice." Had she ever even had tea? She was not sure, but today she was going to be drinking some tea. 

----------------------

((These are NPCs for the most part.))

Garrett went to check his phone again, only to find it missing. Searching his pockets frantically turned up nothing. "Hey uh..." He had not bothered to learn most of the crew's name and way paying for it now. The man tapped on their shoulder. "Have you happened to see my phone?" A woman turned and shook her head. "Nope, sorry Garrett!" She was one of them that he liked the least. Always so cheerful and peppy like a damn high school cheerleader. He groaned inwardly and moved on to go back outside to the van and look around there. No cigar. The doors of the van were locked. "Uh.. hey, Sam? Could you unlock this real quick so I can check for my phone in there?" From the threshold he checked his pockets for the keys. Confusion was eminent on his face. "I swore put them in my pocket. Hey Drew, do you have the keys?"

"Are you telling me your cheeto-fingers of yours lost the keys?"

"No... I was just asking if you had them."

"No, I don't. And you better find them or we're stuck here and down to one van." Garrett's suspicion started to rise. First a phone, now keys. He turned back to the line of rooms in a 'U' and scanned them suspiciously. Was one of the creatures already out to get them?

((Two cuties being shy! I can see them being nose to nose! XD ))

He nodded, crawled out and turned on a hot plate setting a little kettle on it full of water. He then got out two ceramic cups that were shaped like flowers setting them on the desk before bringing another chair for her to sit down in. He pulled out dry herbs from a drawer making the tea from scratch and put them inside the kettle. As he was prepping the herbs he muttered under his breath "Raven... suits you well." By the time he was done tidying up the desk, the kettle was boiling. Carefully he poured the tea through a strainer into each cup. "There. Done. Lavender and rosemary tea, good for relaxation without making you drowsy. Not caffeinated either, and the ingredients were picked last week from the green house."

"More jobs, yes. But in those six months they wouldn't have gotten half my weekly earnings. Pheh. And I'm not a man of the streets anymore. I'm rich and I'm not afraid to show it." Teri was amused with Poppy's futile attempts to mock him. He had built up resistant to such sneers even before he got his current employment; back when he used to be a proffesional MMA fighter. On boring nights when he truly had nothing to do, he would laugh at the conspiracy theories about his sudden disappearing.

"I was sent to find out the root of the mentions of weird activity around this broad area. The 'bigfoot sighting' really put me on the right track, and when some amateurs had a bit of luck in finding the origin of that story and went out on their own investigation, we've been able to track their movement and determine their destination. The base notified me of it and told me to go here. So, thinking about it, you still only have your one target here. The rest...", Teri said, turning away from Poppy and walking to town, "are for me now. And just so you know, those amateurs will probably be here by now."

He casually waved backwards as he looked for a diner.

He found one. He went inside, walked to the bar and pulled out one of his credit cards. 

"Give me the most expensive meal you have."

In the meanwhile, he looked around to observe the kinds of creatures that were here. None that he recognized so far, but he was convinced that at least one would come. Otherwise, Poppy wouldn't have been here.

~~~~~~

Dagny looked across the hall, struck with awe. This collection of ancient weaponry and other artifacts was beyond impressive. Swords, shields, maces, hammers, spears, pikes, javelins, axes, armor, helmets... and though she didn't recognize most of it, she did notice all the items of Nordic origin were placed in their own section.

Asheron then mentioned that he... couldn't enter the house of someone under the protection of a deity. And that she shouldn't be practicing magic indoors.

"Uhm... how exactly does that work? Say, theoretically speaking, if I'd communicate with a deity, who is dead but not quite, on a regular basis. But I don't exactly worship them. Would that be a problem?"

She'd rather live in that church than have to move outdoors to communicate with Odin. And she feared Odin wouldn't care about this part undead part demon part whatever and just speak to her anyway, even if she was indoors. And this man had just given her the opportunity of her lifetime, so she didn't really want to be a nuisance to him.

~~~~~~

Fotein was just done cleaning the pews. Walking over to the pastor, he signaled her that she was done for today. She took the opportunity to explore the rest of the town a bit. It was raining a bit, though, which was a bummer. She quickly managed to find a flower store that seemed nice to her. She didn't have any money on her right now, but it provided shelter and she'd be surrounded by pretty flowers, and perhaps some nice people.

As she walked in, she noticed that the store was empty.

"Helloo? Is anyone there?"

Sideway came too just as a beautiful woman blocked out the sky. The man blinked in confusion for a few seconds, waiting for what he was seeing to make sense. When it never really came into focus he decided it would be best not to question it. His life turned out better that way in the long run. Sideway sat up on his elbows, the world was a little spinny still but it wasn't something he couldn't handle. What he couldn't handle was the crazy magic armor and the sword swinging around his head or the rapid questioning:

"What happened? Did They take her? Where are They?" The woman asked, not really waiting for an answer between each question. 

After an awkward pause, Sideway spoke up, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just banged up my knees", He said with a bite, "And, in order; I passed out. Did who take who? Whoever they 'They' are seasonable people and are probably not laying in a parking lot in the goddamn rain, Gaberial!" 

Sideway fell silent once the angel used her wings to shield them both, "Oh....Thanks..." he said sheepishly. After a quick look around Sideway stood up and brushed himself off. He was in some nearly empty parking lot behind some shithole diner. The same could not be said for the woman that stood before him, "So, whats the story? Can we go someplace dry?" he asked, gesturing to his soaked cloths, "Last thing I remember is going home with a local water nymph". How did he end up here? This was clear across town from the bar he last remember being at. What time was it anyway?

After discerning there was no threat the angel relaxed and her armor and sword vanished with a blink of light. "Yes... you are right." She had overreacted. Since when did she overreact? Gabe was notorious for her level-headedness and yet here she was jumping to conclusions and leaping headlong into nothing. The angel checked his knees and finding no blood seeping into his pants she determined it was not serious. He asked about going somewhere dry and she nodded her head. "Good idea. You live around here, do you not?" Gabriel stood up from her squat and extended her hand down to him for assistance, continuing to shelter them from the rain. Then she furrowed her brow and looked back down at him. "Was that before or after Hancock's?" While she did not doubt that he could have managed to find and go home with a woman in the short time since leaving Hancock's something did not add up. "Are you... feeling alright, Sideway?"

Raven thanked him and took up the lovely cup. Awkwardly she took a sip and gave him a strained smile. The tea was hot. Very hot still. The shifter did her best to play off the pain and nodded. "Delicious." Gently she set the cup back down and struggled to find something to fill the silence. "So... the rain, do you like it?" Idiot. Raven scolded herself. She lifted the cup to take another sip, this time blowing on it before she drank it. Where on her tongue she could still actually taste, the tea made her taste buds dance. Her face lit up. "This is really good!" She exclaimed and took another drink. Just then she could hear the door of the store open. The smile was wiped from her face and she turned towards the front of the door. Setting down the cup Raven stood up and narrowed her eyes. Has she been in her wolf form, her hackles would have been standing on end. 

Hancock dug out some other pictures and looked through him sadly. He recounted the times he had shared from his sister, and how he had lost her. There had been an accident not too far from here. He had not been sure how long he was out for but when he came to, there was no sign of his sister. She was just gone. He looked and looked for hours upon hours through the expansive woods. Eventually he had made it to Goodneighbor and the residents had helped him look but she never turned up. They said she was dead, probably dragged off by a mountain lion or something of the sorts. He never believed that though, never for a second. 

That was why he stayed in Goodneighbor. He built a life for himself here and waited. Just in case she ever came back. While he lived here he met a man by the name of Skinner. Skinner was one to open his eyes to the world much larger than himself. It seemed for whatever reason, Goodneighbor just attracted the non-human creatures. The geography and isolation of it is something he thought always brought them here for safety. Working with Skinner, they made it a safe haven for those creatures and would help them along or find a place for them in town. Until one day Skinner had up and vanished without a word. Hancock was upset at the loss of the man he had come to call a dear friend of his, but life must go on. Now he was the sole protector of the town (well, more the facilitator than anything). Sometimes he wanted to leave. He wanted to shake the responsibility off his shoulders and just go and live his life. Maybe meet someone special (there was not a lot of options in Goodneighbor after all) and have a family and live happily ever after. However he knew that was never going to happen and had made his peace with that fact.

(So I'm just gonna set-up here incase anyone wants to deal with Zhang Yu kek) (Note that when he speaks Italics will represent when he's speaking or mumbling in his native tongue and regular text will be English- or atleast his attempts at it XD)

Yu sighed as he opened his eyes blearily. He forced himself up after realizing he must have fallen asleep on his chair last night since he had just arrived in this neighborhood a few days ago and he was still organizing his belongings he had brought with him from the Far East. Lazily grabbing around the table near his seat he grabbed a pack of cigarettes before standing up and looking around the room, noting that even still it was a mess. Shaking his head he walked towards the front door and walked out, locking the door behind him before pulling out a cigarette from the pack and lighting it as he leaned against the wall on the porch and took a long drag mumbling to himself in Mandarin due the lack of feeling others around. "Hm. Later outside than I expected... Perhaps I should invest some time into searching for an occupation to busy my time with soon... Perhaps open up a shop and start selling imports from home.

Edited by SarkhanVol

"More jobs, yes. But in those six months they wouldn't have gotten half my weekly earnings. Pheh. And I'm not a man of the streets anymore. I'm rich and I'm not afraid to show it." Poppy raised an eyebrow and scoffed. Teri never was a personable guy or the best at picking up on tone, "Yeah....It was a joke, Teri" she said shortly, "But I guess you always loved to swing your dick around."  Even back when they worked together, he always loved to let people know how important he is. 

"I was sent to find out the root of the mentions of weird activity around this broad area. The 'bigfoot sighting' really put me on the right track, and when some amateurs had a bit of luck in finding the origin of that story and went out on their own investigation, we've been able to track their movement and determine their destination. The base notified me of it and told me to go here. So, thinking about it, you still only have your one target here. The rest...", Teri said, turning away from her and walking to town, "are for me now. And just so you know, those amateurs will probably be here by now." 

Poppy threw up her hands and made a strangling motion towards the man as he walked away. "Rrrgh, God you're still annoying" She said, annoyed at first but that quickly faded, "What happened to you..." she said softly. The woman flicked her cigarette away and walked off towards main street. If Teri was trying to muscle his way into her contract, she was going to have to accelerate her plan...

Poppy pushed the door to the flower shop open just as the clerk was explaining their Easter special to another customer. Poppy began to meander around the store, browsing for a specific type of flower. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sideway glanced around, trying to get a bearing on what he was doing in the parking lot behind his apartment. While he glanced around, Rain checked him over for injuries, a gesture that's sweetness was not lost on him. 

"Good idea. You live around here, do you not?" The angel asked, finally dissolving her armor and weapon and making Sideway much more comfortable.

"Oh yeah, I live in the apartment above the diner. Do you want to come up for a drink or coffee while I dry off?" He asked casually, taking her hand and letting her held him up. The moment their skin contacted, Sideway's power arced into Gabriel's arm. To her it would feel like a warm pulse of pleasure that gently spread through her body. Humans were especially susceptible. Sideway has experienced both men and women practically melting under his fingertips. Sideway dropped her hand and motioned to the diner. 

"Was that before or after Hancock's?" The woman asked as the door to the alley slammed behind them and they made their way up the narrow staircase that lead to the second floor. 

Sideway furrowed his brow and thought for a moment "Hancock?" He asked, wracking his brain to try to remember if that was a person he has seen naked, "Doesn't ring a bell. Is he cute?" Keys jingling into the incubus's front door and he swung it open. 

Eh. His place looked a little worse than he expected but it wasn't important. Sideway dropped his keys on the counter and switched on the coffee pot. 

"So Gabe. How's it been?" he asked as the coffee maker hissed behind him.

Edited by padfoot

"Giving you assistance counts as protection or blessing. I can help fix up the outside of the church but I can't step inside- Thor get down from there!" A clang sounded and a jet black cat darted from the room. "Damn it Hades! I told you not to play with the tassels on my katana!" He snarled picking up the fallen blade and placed it gingerly back on the stand on the mantel. "I have three cats, the rest are strays. "  He said. A beautiful blue eyed silver Egyptian Mau rubbed against Dagny's leg affectionately. "Ah, that's Sekhmet. She's mine. She's very friendly, all three of my cats are, can't say so for the strays. They come when it's cold or rainy.  Only, the weather happens so often they are always over here it seems so I named them after the mythologies I study. We may see Hela around here... Persephone my Ashera loves the widow's peak. It gets the most sun. Come on, let's go upstairs." He waved for her to follow walking up the stairs, a tattered grey short hair cat darted down and stopped looking at the stranger with one green eye. "That's Odin. He's a feisty cat. I recommend not going near him he tends to bite."

----

Joseph blew on his tea before he took a sip and beamed with pride. "Thank you! It's my own recipe, I add lemon grass to make it hit all the taste buds. The rain is good for a farmer. It smells like good soil and ice cream today." He turned at the bell at the store. "One moment, it's probably a customer. I'll be back, Esther will keep you company." He smiled slightly and set down his orchid shaped cup with a deep breath to gain his composure and headed back out to the shop. Another beautiful woman who seem to have a light around her. He blinked and the slight glow she had went away. Huh, a trick of the light. He really thought he was looking at an angle of heaven for a moment.  "Hello, may I help you ma'am?" He asked with a small smile. "Our lavender azaleas are on sale, and we're running a special on all Easter and calla lillies. We even have a new breed of calla lillies called Picasso calla. They are over in the Easter collection to your right along with other spring bouquets and blessed palms I wove into crosses in case you'd miss church service this Sunday. " He said waving his hand over to a decorative section with plastic glittery eggs and basket pots of flowers. "Find the three golden eggs around the store and you'll get a single flower in a hand made vase by the second graders here in town or a discount on your next bouquet. " He said. He had suggested the palms to the the owner and the little Easter egg hunt for the customers in hopes to bring more into the store. 

He then turned to the other woman who came in. She appeared to be looking for something. "And how may I help you today miss?"  He asked tilting his head. She reeked of cigarettes and smoke even with all the flowers spreading their perfume around. He hated the smell even before the curse, his nose and ears were sensitive due to the autism, however with him now being a wolf it was unbearable. He breathed very slightly around the woman to not make a scene or be rude. 

((Edited!))

As Sideway took her hand a comforting warmth spread through her. It was something she had never experienced before and it was quite delightful. The angel pushed the thought away. She followed him as he waved her on towards his apartment, letting her wings rest against her back. All the while her concern was growing for his well-being. When he answered as they entered that was when she knew something was truly wrong. "Is he... Sideway, you are telling me you do not remember Hancock? John Hancock? The man you have known for years?" In her usual stoic features worry had set in. The casual question of her own well-being was left unanswered. "How is it you can remember me, and not him?" Of course he did not know. He didn't even know that he couldn't remember Hancock. "Come on now, you must be joking." Oh how she hoped he was kidding. "This does not make sense," the angel muttered to herself. She braced her hands on the kitchen table and leaned back. The day had gone from bad to worse seeing as how she still did not know where Raven was. The most she could do was just pray she was alright. It was more likely than not she was holed up somewhere out of the rain, too salty to come home and stay in the house. 

"Hancock would know." Would he? Sideway had just visited, talking over what had happened and they couldn't figure it out. "He wouldn't." At this point, she was mostly talking aloud to herself, Sideway momentarily forgotten as she considered the next best course of action. She could handle this on her own. Under her belt she had thousands of years of experience. Hancock was drunk anyways. With a deep breath in and a deep breath back out she straightened and turned back to him. "Do you remember anything from this morning?"

With the second jingle of the door opening, the hair on the back of her neck stood up. Every fiber of her being screamed for her to leave, but firmly to the ground did her feet stick. The breeze of the opening door brought her the reek of cigarette smoke. A growl rose up in her throat. Her instincts of her mammalian brain vied for control over her voice of reason. It's just a customer, it assured her. You're overreacting, it said. And yet her gut was still telling her to get the hell out of Dodge. Any other time she would have been gone before one could blink an eye. Now she found herself not wanting to leave this 'Joseph' to face the danger she sensed alone. "Esther," she urged. "Something isn't right, can you feel it? Something is wrong..." Her voice was low, barely a whisper. Silently she lowered herself to the floor and allowed her body to take on the form of that of a wolf. She was beginning to feel the wear of shifting too much in a day. Another change or two and she would be forced to recover in one form or the other. At least if she were in this form she could defend herself better. 

The wolf folded her ears to her head and crept towards the breakroom door. From behind an array of flowers she hung back, watching intently the people who had come in. One seemed to be the polar opposite of the other. Light and dark. Ironic. The one perusing the flowers reeked of smoke. So much so it almost burned her nose and eyes. Raven determined she did not like her. There was a familiar hardness about her, but she could not quite place it. All she knew was that she had to be the one. The one that made everything in her scream to bolt. Please let me be freaking out over nothing this one time.

--------------------------

After some resting, Drew brought the team back together. "So, we lost the keys to one of the vans. A minor set back We still have the other half of the equipment in the other van until we find the other keys. They can't be too far around here, we've only been here what, an hour? Sam; you, Sherry, and Garrett go and start asking around at the diner up the road. Take the recorders with you. Alex, Rick and I will check around in the shops and see if anything turns up there. We'll record tonight on the east edge of town and see if we can't find anything." The group nodded and murmured  in agreement. "Alright team, break!" The crew started moving to get what they needed done. Garrett was starting to stress. Without his phone he was left without comms. There was always his computer but it needed to be charged, and wifi to connect. He prayed nothing would come up until he found his phone again. 

The trio once ready headed down the street and towards the diner. They entered into the increasingly populated diner and headed for a booth to set up. Donna was working frantically back and forth to get customers served, leaving her little time to talk, and even less time to attend to customers. "Excuse me, miss," one of them tried to say. "Sorry, sug, busy." Was all they got. If she had not been as busy as she was, the thought to call Hancock and give him a heads up would have occurred. Yet the thought was pushed to the back of her mind as she tried to remember how table three liked their coffee. Garrett was constantly scanning the diner, trying to see if he could spot any inhuman dinees. To his naked eye though they all looked normal. Wasn't there another agent coming to help him? There had been some fleeting mention yet he never got confirmation. What they had told him was that his directive would not interfere as he had a singular target. Garrett, on the other hand, was told to spot and report. So much for that.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Oh, uhm. My apologies," Fotein said, "Your flowers our lovely, but I'm afraid I haven't any money on me. I'm new here and wanted to get to know the town, but it's raining and this place seemed nice, so I hope I can shelter from the rain here. Would you be so kind to let me?"

She really hoped she could stay here until the rain was over. It was a really sweet place and the flowers were beautiful. The lady that had just walked in smelled of smoke, which was a bit disappointing, but if she just moved to the other end of the room, the aroma of the flowers would be stronger than the smell of smoke. She stayed there and enjoyed the view and scent.

~~~~~~

Thor? What is even going on?!

Oh. It's a cat.

One of the cats started affectionately rubbing her leg. She kneeled down and pat her.

"She looks beautiful..." she said, half to herself, when Asher told her more about the cats.

Odin?!

... another cat. Of course.

"Hmm, Odin One-Eye. I see what you did there. But I think it'd be better if I'd stay in the church, then."

That she'd ever willingly decide to enter a church. Could this day get any weirder?

"But I'd prefer it to not look like a church, if that's an option."

She could use runes to cover it up with a glamour... if she knew how to.

~~~~~~

((Edits for Bryan and Teri soon))