RavenWolf1010

Goodneighbor [Open]

Esther went still. Her hackles were raised and her need to protect her master and friend were strong. She jumped when raven shifted and crept to the doorway. Immediately she knew this was a bad spot for her friend darting over and blocking her view nipping lightly at her paw, body language saying for her to stay back and out of sight.  "Oh, um, yes of course. Do you need a chair? " He asked trying not to breathe too deeply. This other woman set him on edge, his teeth hurt from clenching his jaw tightly and his anxiety worsened by the minute in her presence screaming at him to run, hide and pray she'd never find him. If he felt this, raven would too and despite having just met her, he wanted almost yurned to protect her,like a real male wolf would do.

He jumped slightly as Esther trotted out of the back room pushing a stool with a pillow on top over to the first customer. He waved her to go back into the break room but she snorted and shook herself, standing her ground. She'd be out here to help protect him if needed. 

-----

Asheron came back down the stairs and nodded. "I'd prefer that too.  But until it's fixed up, you'll have to stay in here. If you think my house looks bad from the outside, that little church is just as bad as it looks. Any crosses inside I can take to the local church or burn them.... I think someone tried doing devil worship in there once, they're all upside down. Fools don't even know that the upside down cross isn't the devil's cross, it's actually saint Peter's symbol. If they tagged the actual cross of the devil inside, I could walk in. But nope, still considered holy ground. " He snorted. "As I said, entire upper floor is yours. Pick any room upstairs except for the all black  and gold one, that's my mom's when she comes to visit sometimes. Feel free to ask for any groceries and go about the kitchen. Garlic doesn't bother me, so if you want to use it go ahead. Besides, that particular one is a myth about how it harms vampires, it's the smell that drives them away. But I think that'll work for anyone with a sensitive nose. " He chuckled. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sideway vanished into the back of the apartment as Gabe spoke, 

"Is he... Sideway, you are telling me you do not remember Hancock? John Hancock? The man you have known for years?" she asked, her voice raised slightly so he could hear her from his room.

"Uhhhhhhhh....Nope. Should I?" he asked as he stripped off his wet cloths. He was trying his best to remember this John Hancock guy Gabe was talking about but was still drawing a blank.

"How is it you can remember me, and not him?" she asked, bewildered. 

"Istanbul? 1202? Your hair was shorter then but you were still stunning." Sideway said, reminiscing about the good ol' days as he pulled a dry pair of black pants on, "The Fourth Crusade was a crazy time, Right Gabe?" 

Sideway came out of his bedroom, pulling on a white V neck as he went into the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee for himself. He turned and silently asked if she wanted a mug.

"Come on now, you must be joking." Gabe said, almost pleadingly. Sideway was confused why she was so focused on this. He figured she would be happy to see him after so long. 

"No, Sorry I don't know your friend but I can't help you there" Sideway replied, leaning his elbows on the counter across from Gabe. Something was bothering her greatly, he could tell. He wish he could help her but he honestly had no clue what she as talking about.

"Do you remember anything from this morning?" The angel asked with a pleading look. Sideway's expression softened and shook his head, "Not this Hancock guy. I remember I was here. Then I left and went to The Pit for a drink. I met a woman there. Then a man. Then a different man. Then I left without telling anyone and went to a house party at the edge of town. Then I met a guy. Then I hung out with a group of people at the party. Then I went home with a water nymph. Almost drown when her magic bubble thing failed. Swam to shore and took a nap. 

And now I'm here" He took a sip of his coffee after his recount of what he could remember, "Some of those might be out of order. I left out all the times I got a drink for times sake"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy's eyes lit up when she found a dusty bundle of dry, wilted flowers tucked behind a bunch of yellow tulips. Nitrofern. Not fragrant or pretty to look at, but it is crazy little herb was chocked full of a flammable oil that she needed. She snagged the bundled and walked to the counter. She didn't notice the flowers she touched beginning to discolor. 

"How much?" she asked quickly. She would be lying that the interaction with Teri didn't put her on edge. She didn't expect any other companies to send agents to the gold mine this town was. Who's idea was it to put all the special creatures of the world into one town anyway? Someone could just drop a nuke on the place and be done with it. 

Edited by padfoot

He was surprised that she even found that plant. He thought they went out of stock for the saint Patrick's day parade where they used them to light lamps within little to no smoke and tinged the fire with alum to make them green. " I would have to check the book for that one..." He said softly pulling out the book from under the counter and flipped through the pages sorted by Latin names and found the plant listed. "Twenty five dollars for one bushel. That's the last in stock it looks like. To order more it would go up to fifty...." He said looking at the listings and rarity of the plant. "We don't grow them here, so they must be brought in from elsewhere.." 

"I really don't want to burden you. I'm already thankful for you letting me stay here." Fotein said to the man, as he offered to bring her a seat. It seemed her protests were futile, though, as a dog came and brought her a stool.

"Wow, your dog must be very clever", she said, kneeling down to pat the dog a bit. "And so stunning."

And now that there was a stool ready to be sat on, it would be rude to not use it, so she took place on the seat. "Thanks, you're very kind. May the Lord bless you."

She decided to politely wait until the man was finished helping the customer, patting the dog a little more while enjoying the flowers all around her. What a lovely welcome to a new town.

~~~~~~

Just what he had feared. The crew took to action immediately. Bryan had to call for backup. Taking out his own phone, he noticed the darn brick had no signal here. He flew far out of town, as far as he had to to get a message out.

~~~~~~

Seeing what meal he had actually ordered, he was quite disappointed. He ate it, hesitantly, but if this was the most expensive thing on the menu, he'd never be eating here again. Better get this done quickly.

He walked out of the diner and went back to his car. He had to plan accordingly. This was more than he had bargained for. An entire town full of supernaturals. This was a problem for his main goal. Luckily he could count on Poppy to cause a scene and draw some attention soon.

He got a text. Someone who had been seen travelling with the amateurs was now leaving the town. He had to improvise; this person could not spread word of this town. There already were too many people here. The creature was flying and had a head start, so he couldn't go chase them. By himself. He went back to town, entered an alley, drugged the first person he found (some sort of weak nymph, it seemed, all dressed in green), dragged her to the car and tied her up. He then pushed a button. Time to draw some attention himself.

BOOM!!!!!

A loud bang erupted from the speakers of his car. People would certainly come, and his newly devised plan could unfold. Before they had arrived, though, he quickly tied some explosives to the nymph and stepped in the car.

Esther suddenly appeared in front of her, blocking her view of the store. The wolf, obviously put off, huffed and hardly moved. With her gentle urging though she eventually slunk back and out of sight of those in the front of the store. Instead she nervously paced back and forth, her nails clicking against the linoleum floors. A vicious anger began to take hold of her. She wanted to sink her teeth into that woman's throat. The woman was an embodiment of everything she had come to resent from her past. A walking, talking creature that echoed the place whence she came.  Just be done with this already and leave. Raven prayed to herself. God forbid something started in the shop. Stay low and it won't. She then scolded herself. While the woman was bad news, it didn't necessarily mean that she was out to get her, right?

BOOM!!!!!

The sound rattled the windows, and what felt like Raven's very teeth. A growl ripped through her and she moved to go to the front of the shop, already expecting the worse and ready for a fight.

Istanbul? He remembered that and not the last hour and a half he spent at Hancock's? Not to mention he could even remember how good she looked back then. She wrote it off as his usual flirtatiousness. Certainly he had to know it would never work on her, but she figured him to be the type that would try anyways just for the hell of it. A laugh was stifled at the water nymph part. The angel could only have imagined how that went. The recount he gave her however matched a typical night she would expect from an incubus. 

This couldn't have been good though. She did not know where he had been before he showed up at Hancock's, but she knew his story certainly was missing a lot of information. Not to mention he didn't even remember Hancock at all. "Your memory has more holes in it than Swiss cheese right now." Muttered the angel as she mulled over what to do next. He had talked to Hancock, maybe she should call him. Oh how she could use a stiff drink. "What about your phone?" She suggested. Maybe something on there would jog his selective memory. Before they could inquire further, a boom rocked the windows of the apartment. The angel was on her feet in a second, placing herself between where the sound had come from and Sideway. "What the **** was that?" The first lapse in formality she had came from the rush of fear of Raven's well-being. Almost instantly she was shaming herself for not finding Raven sooner. She turned to Sideway with a look of concern. "An hour and a half ago you were at Hancock's house talking to him. I know you think nothing is wrong, but you seem to be missing a big chunk of your memory. However, it seems as though now we have some bigger issues on out hands."

Hancock at some point had passed out in his shed. He awoke with a start and looked around. What woke him up? Birds had flown from the trees they had taken shelter in from the rain. Something big must’ve happened. Hancock pushed himself up and wandered out of the shed and back into the house. Groggily he looked for his phone and dialed Sideway. It went to voicemail. Had the cell service tower gone out? Hancock then went to look for his keys. Gabriel unsuccessfully had tried to hide them in a cabinet. By the time he had found them, he was awake but had a headache. “I’ll be good enough to drive. Not like there’s a lot out here anyways.” He said to himself. Hancock headed to the covered portion of his driveway between the garage and his house, then started up his Jeep. Despite stalling it once trying to back out and grinding through a few gears, he did manage to get onto the road. 

——————————

There were a few screams from diners as a sudden boom made various glasses and plates rattle. The team of three all looked at each other, pale in the face. What the hell was that? Gathering their things they rushed out of the diner and onto the sidewalk. One of them, Sam, had pulled out a camcorder and was recording. “Where’d it come from?” Sherry was so shaken she was obviously fighting back tears. Garrett was alarmed too. A hand went to the glock that was safely nestled under his shirt and jacket for assurance. “I don’t know.” Garrett said, looking up the street one way before he turned and finally saw. “What the hell?” Tied to a car was a small, frail looking woman dressed in all green and wrapped in explosives. He then cursed, unable to communicate what was happening to his superior. They were going to have his head. 

Drew, along with Alex and Rick, all whipped around at the sound. With wide eyes they could see back from the way they came a crowd was amassing. They exchanged looks of worry and then without saying a word all rushed to the growing crowd. “What happened?” Drew asked Garrett who only shrugged. “There was an explosion.”

”is that... is that a person?!” Garrett noted that he should probably act more concerned for the well-being of the ‘person’. He however was concentrated on trying to figure out what was happening. I need to get word out to the Boss. Garrett slunk off, snagging a dinee’s phone on his way. Dialing the number burned into his head before the mission he waited for them to pick up. 

“Mission compromised! Mission at risk, repeat, mission at risk. Comms. has been lost. Send reinforcements!”

He had no idea if the message went through or not. After all, service was spotty in Goodneighbor. 

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Poppy frowned when she heard the price. twenty-five bucks was steep for a bundle of ugly flowers  but I guess she was lucky to even find nitrofern at all. Just, compared to the rest of the prices in the shop it seemed a little artificial. Poppy sucked her teeth and pulled out her pocket book, "These better grant wishes" She muttered. Poppy pulled out the correct amount and handed the cash over. She looked at the man, thinking about thanking him and deciding there was no point. Her cover would be blown soon and everyone in town is going to hate her. Why be polite. 

Poppy left the store without another word. As she was making her way towards the center of main street when an explosion sounded from behind the diner. Poppy jumped, her hair converting to a writhing mass of smoke out of fear. Was that a bomb? she wondered, scanning the area, No, no smoke and I didn't feel a shock wave. Poppy noticed other people around in the area wandering towards the sound. Poppy shrugged, She needed a distraction and luckily one presented itself. 

Poppy slipped into the side alley of the shop across from the diner. With everyone trying to figure out where the sound had come from, no one noticed the woman dissolving into a mass of smoke and slipping through a basement window that was missing a corner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sideway shrugged when Gabe commented about his memory having holes in it. She wasn't wrong. He just wasn't concerned with falling asleep one place and waking up another wearing a different outfit. Mostly because he was aware with what was going on. 

BOOM!!!!!

Gabe lept into action the instant the explosion rocked Sideway's apartment.

The second loud sound that rang out was the sound of Sideway's mug shattering on the floor. the incubus blinked, dumbfounded he looked around his apartment and down at himself. His eyes settled on Gabe who seemed to be protecting him, "Gabe what the hell is going on? What the hell was that?"

I know you think nothing is wrong, but you seem to be missing a big chunk of your memory. However, it seems as though now we have some bigger issues on out hands." The angel said 

"Uh, actually I think lots of things are wrong. What the hell is going on Gabriel" He asked.

(((feel free to move them along Raven)))

Edited by padfoot

He took the money and put it in the register. Good she could leave-

BOOM!!!!!

Both he and Esther jumped. A growl ripped through his throat  as he dropped behind the counter and Esther barked twice snarling as the woman left. Joseph darted to the back room  the noise startled him enough to make him shift forms. The blonde wolf was about the size of a mastif yet he had his tail tucked and a whimper sounded from him. 

------

BOOM!!!!!

Jasper sprang up at the noise that shook several books from the shelves of the small library. He grabbed his magical item, put it on hiding his antlers and dashed outside towards the noise. He shoved his way through the crowd seeing one with a camera he smacked it from the guy's hand. "What about you doing!?" He shouted.  He looked over covering his mouth in shock at the nymph displayed by the car. "Minthe!" He cried. He was friends with all nyads, nymphs and sprites in this area. He was frantic. No way she'd do this to herself! "Minthie wake up! Please, please wake up!" He begged the unconscious nymph. 

((Only post for today guys! :) ))

Dagny was just about to respond to Asher's last remark, when suddenly

BOOM!!!!!

Dagny was schocked. He first day in town and it was getting weirder by the minute. "I- is that normal?" She asked Asher, with a worried look on her face.

~~~~~~

The explosion had startled Fotein.

Let this not be what I think. Don't let this happen again. Not so soon. Not... not here.

She wanted to ask the shopkeeper if there was a place where she could be alone for the time being. Alas, it seems she was the only one left in this room right now. That worked for her. The flowers were comforting, that's for sure.

~~~~~~

People were gathering behind the car. Good. Less good was that they were already getting close. Time to start things up. Teri activated the speakers and the voice morpher. He picked the voice that sounded most like Poppy's - still not really close to Poppy's actual voice, but that was beside the point. He started the engine and began to talk.

"Halt! There is someone heading out on the other side of town, who has been here and will spread word about you all. If you chase him now, you may be able to stop him. If you succeed to take him out, I will let this nymph live. And no funny tricks, or she's done with no matter what happens with the aforementioned person. I hope you make a wise decision."

He then hit the gas and drove away, quickly disappearing into the woods.

There were barks and growls. In her blind rush, she ran directly into Joseph. What happened? Are you ok? Looking past him she saw the woman was gone and only one remained. 
The wolf turned her attention back to Joseph, suddenly realizing he was actually in his wolf form. He was as big as she was, which started her a bit. Usually others ended up smaller than her in their canine form. Raven sniffed him over and found no blood, only the lingering stench of smoke. What was that? She turned to the door and half expected the glass to have been shattered. 

"I don't know." The angel moved to the window that overlooked the front of the diner and street below. "Oh ****." Grabbing Sideway she bolted out the door, down the stairs, and into the alley. The warm feeling returned but she ignored it. "That's what happening." A car was projecting a voice, a feminine one, in a metallic kind of way. "They are saying something about a person that is going to expose the town." Her eyes moved to the other side of town that he had mentioned. Before Gabriel could make a move on the car, it sped off. "They don't want whoever it is spreading the word." She turned and saw a group of six forming, all seemingly together. They had camcorders going, and numerous other devices in various pockets. "They look like more than the average tourists don't they?" Where was Raven? The angel turned from them and scanned the crowd. She would have expected for her to appear by now. Especially since any risk of her hiding place being exposed would lead to her possible recapture. 

Hancock was rolling into town just as a sleek vehicle nearly took out the front of his Jeep. "Jesus H. Christ!" He yelled as he slammed on the brakes and laid on his horn. "What in the hell is going on." Turning to his right, he saw a crowd amassed in front of the diner. "I take one day to myself..." The man muttered before he pulled up and parked, then jumped out. "Someone care to fill me in?" 

"A bomb!"

"A girl!"

"Someone said they are going to expose the town!"

""Expose' the town? Of what? More business!"

Hancock's eyes widened in surprise but he quickly smoothed over his looks of worry and hungoverness and walked through the crowd. "People, people. My name is John Hancock. I'm a deputy stationed here a Goodneighbor from the next town over. I assure you everything is going to be alright." More questions arose and he raised his hands. "I know this is a time sensitive operation but I promise I already have my people working on it." He spotted Gabriel and made his way towards her, seeing Sideway as well. "Gabe, Sideway, what exactly is going on? If there really is someone trying to expose us, then we need to shut them down." Gabriel pointed to the group of six, one of which who was recording still. "I think it's one of them." Hancock nodded and turned back to them. "Gabriel since you have the most advantages I'm going to task you with finding whoever they are talking about. This mole." The angel nodded. Her form shimmered as she made herself vanish to those she did not want to see her. Then she opened her wings and snapped them down, taking off into the cloudy sky. It seemed a little odd to him to find the incubus and angel together, but he figured they had come together in the confusion. "Sideway, I need you to get those guys to leave. What is that on their vests, Bigfoot Hunters? Oh Jesus. That's the last thing we need right now. Have you seen Raven?"

---------------------------

Garrett was returning to his group with a strained expression. They're going to have my head, Was the only thing that played over and over in his head. Someone was trying to expose the town. They could not have that. That meant all the creatures hiding here that was was supposed to weed out and report would flee. Someone nudged him and he had to bite his tongue to keep from snapping at them. "Why is that woman pointing at us?" Garrett turned and saw a stunning woman was talking to a man. The one that had called himself the deputy. They exchanged some words and then all of a sudden the woman vanished. Just like that, into thin air. Garrett turned back to Drew, the one that had nudged him. "Did you see that?!" But Drew had already turned back around. "See what?" He asked, looking up from Garrett to where he had been gesturing. The man groaned and shook his head. "Never mind." I found my first one. Pulling out his 'borrowed' phone, he relayed a description to his fellow agents also within Goodneighbor.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

From Sideway's living room window he could see a crowd forming around a very expensive car. No, it's not the car everyone is looking at. That's when he saw her. A wood nymph lie motionless on the blacktop while a few concerned citizens crouched around her. Sideway shot a worried glance at Gabriel who was already springing into action. 

Sideway yelped as he was drug from his house and out into the parking lot. He only had a moment to grab what he needed and lock his door. It appeared to have stopped raining, that was good news for any scent trackers that may be in the crowd. 

"Halt! There is someone heading out on the other side of town, who has been here and will spread word about you all. If you chase him now, you may be able to stop him. If you succeed to take him out, I will let this nymph live. And no funny tricks, or she's done with no matter what happens with the aforementioned person. I hope you make a wise decision." a voice said over the speakers of the car. Sideway swore he knew that voice but it was distorted heavily by the heavy bass of the system in the car. It was strange, the voice sounded feminine but something was off about it. Sideway pushed ahead in the crowd with the angel in tow behind him. Now that they were closer, the incubus noticed that strange parcel strapped around the woman's body. Sideway's blood ran cold, "bomb" he muttered to Gabriel so not to alarm the others in the group. The car peeled away and Sideway instinctively brought his camera up to his eye. The shutter clicked wildly as the car as it sped away. He snapped pictures until the car was out of site. He would go over those later to see if there were any clues. He looked back to Gabriel, who was looking of in the direction the man had said, "Do you think that dude was telling the truth?" he asked, his gaze drifting to the direction the terrorist said the rat was traveling, "Seems fishy to me". 

At that moment, their protector finally showed up. Sideway would be lying if he said he wasn't happy to see Hancock, he might be able to shed some light on their town crisis. He immediately lept into action, causing Gabriel to vanish to find the mole. Sideway bit his lip, was he still drunk? Sideway unlooped the camera from around his neck and pulled up the pictures he took to show Hancock. 

"well this woman planted that bomb on the nymph, Which needs to be handled first in my opinion. Then she announced that there was a mole and she would kill the nymph if we let them escape." Sideway bit his lip, "I don't know Hancock, that's a nice car, way nicer than anything else I have seen in town. Don't you think it's weird that a stranger is threatening to kill one of our citizens if word of the town gets out?"

"Sideway, I need you to get those guys to leave. What is that on their vests, Bigfoot Hunters? Oh Jesus. That's the last thing we need right now. Have you-" 

"-Seen Raven" The man asked, his voice trailing off. 

Sideway rolled his eyes. Why was she so important to everyone anyway? The whole town could be in danger. 

"No. I haven't seen her since this morning" she said, taking his camera back and glancing at the "Bigfoot Hunters" Hancock pointed out. They looked exactly like one would expect someone that calls themselves "Bigfoot Hunters". Sideway gave Hancock a pleading look, "Fine. I'll work my magic" he said with a huff. Before he broke away to do what he asked, he looked back at Hancock, "I had another blackout after breakfast. We can worry about it later but I wanted to let you know" with that, Sideway pushed through the crowd towards the men. 

As Sideway drew closer, the men huddled into a group. The incubus tapped the closest man on the shoulder, making sure to hit him with a quick burst of his power, "Hello Gentlemen. I am chief editor of the Weekly Goodneighbor and I was wondering if you would walk with me to answer a few questions about what just happened here" he said, making sure to make causal physical contact as much as he could. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the pieces of her plan in place, Poppy snaked through the woods back towards the town as a dozen tendrils of smoke. She took weeks scouting out the perfect places in the forest. Searching specifically for large trees that had been struck by lighting. While dissolved into a cloud of smoke, Poppy was able to cover vast distances quickly by stretching herself out and pulling herself to her destination. In strategic places in the forest surrounding Goodneighbor, trees were beginning to burn. Pillars of thick smoke and ash rising into the sky.

Poppy slithered into the basement of the store she stopped at first. At this point, she didn't really care if some people in the town saw her all smokey coming back in town. Even if someone saw her, She would be gone before anyone could make it to the basement. Poppy flicker a zippo that dimly illuminated the gloom of the basement. She couldn't remember exactly what this store sold but that didn't matter. It was all flammable. The woman brought the zippo up to the last bundle of nitrofern wedged between two dusty books on a wooden bookshelf. She paused. These people allowed her to live in their town without question. They accepted her, even if she was distant. If the circumstances were different, she would love to have been able to make a life here. 

She touched the flame to the herb, a bright green flame erupted from between the books, quickly consuming them and moving to the next. Poppy backed up as the small space began to fill with smoke. She did not look pleased with what she had done but it was too late now. She dissipated into a cloud and slipped out the window.

Her next stop was the church. No, she wasn't going to burn it down. Even Poppy wasn't that heartless. Instead, she snaked her way up the steeple to find a perch to watch and wait. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the only heavily wooded road that lead into Goodneighbor, just outside of the glamour barrier something was lying in wait. The space spanning across the road was dotted with little blue lights. The light drifted lazily through the trees on either side. Their soft blue light invoked feelings of calm and tranquility. These little blue dots were actually fireflies, their fat little bodies hung in the air with their abdomens flashing every so often. It truly was a beautiful scene in the forest.

Edited by padfoot

Wujin sighed as he heard the announcement. Sighing and shaking his head at the fact that someone needed to announcement. Whoever it was just painted a very large target on the back of their skull. Not only that but to announce that they 'know' was practically announcing it anyways. Sighing as he flicked his cigarette away and his body began to distort. Much like a ball of clay being molded his appearance changed before his preferred natural appearance was replaced with a rather tall and imposing figure with combed back black hair and dark brown eyes dressed in a black business suit making Wujin much less suspect looking and rather like a businessman as he began headed for the car as he rolled his shoulders a few times and blended himself in the crowd towards the crowd. It didn't sit well with his sense of honor and dignity to wait around for some hostage situation to escalate into murder. Sighing as the car started moving and peeled off he muttered a curse under his breath as he started following after it, keeping a fair distance behind it but still faster than a normal human, in no small part due to the fact that his current shape was borrowed from an Jinwu he had met years ago, a species of three-legged bird folk who were famous for being able to encircle the world within a single day. Even holding his speed back he was comfortably at a pace behind the vehicle that they wouldn't hopefully see him but he could see them. While his people were notorious tricksters they weren't malicious like this person was, and it say poorly for the True Doppelganger as he pulled a pair of sharp curved knives from his breast pocket ready to pounce if need be. 

(Sorry for the somewhat repost. First I misread the original post than I read it right and then misread it again lol) 

Edited by SarkhanVol

As soon as Asheron heard the distant sound, his ears flattened. "No its not. Garage now!" He said racing back down the steps, grabbing the eye patch but not the necklace and a set of keys before running to a different room.  He got in a all black sporty all terrain car, starting it up and backing out of the door before it was fully open, good thing the car was a sleek and small car. "Get in!!" He shouted and flipped the car around. He left the doors open peeling out of the drive before she was able to close her door and turned into town. It didn't take long to see the crowd on main street just as a woman vanished. He jumped out of the car turning to the one giving orders. "Who are you? Never mind, What happened? Jasper!" He latched on to the cervide hoping to get some answers from the teacher when a building's alarm went off, him and anyone with sensitive ears could hear the wailing of the alarm. He let out a string of colorful curses in every langue he knew.  "J, get to the library I think it's on fire, get Lucy, Tide, and Rose to help you. I'll look after her. Go!" He ordered the deer who promptly nodded  and sprang off with  another girl in green and two what looked like fraternal twins with blue hair in tow towards the library.  "Now what just happened here?" he turned to Hancock, The man was clearly older then him, and he looked really strange with his ears and tail, however if he kept them still, they could pass as a cosplay costume.

----------------------

"I think I'm okay..." Joseph said looking scared. "Some sort of bomb or something. It sounded like cannon fire and the voice was like the lady who smelled bad. But she just left and went the other way! I'm confused and really scared." He whined with a slight howl. "There's a doggy door in the back, I need to find Monoke, so she knows im okay. Will you go with me?" He asked, ears flat giving her puppy dog eyes that were shiny with unshed tears of fear.

Esther remained with the woman in the shop, ready to  defend her if needed. Joseph was a wolf now, and he didn't need her being in the way. Besides, she trusted Raven to protect her master if it came down too it.

____-------------____

Monoke like everyone else was drawn to the scene by the sudden and unexpected sound. She watched as the car drove away and people gathered around the nymph. Her stature and the confusion meant that she couldn't see very clearly, however her ears made up for what she couldn't see.

"Well this woman planted that bomb on the nymph, Which needs to be handled first in my opinion. Then she announced that there was a mole and she would kill the nymph if we let them escape." A man said , "I don't know Hancock, that's a nice car, way nicer than anything else I have seen in town. Don't you think it's weird that a stranger is threatening to kill one of our citizens if word of the town gets out?"

"Sideway, I need you to get those guys to leave. What is that on their vests, Bigfoot Hunters? Oh Jesus. That's the last thing we need right now. Have you-" 

"-Seen Raven" The man asked, his voice trailing off.

"No. I haven't seen her since this morning" she said, taking his camera back and glancing at the "Bigfoot Hunters" Hancock pointed out. They looked exactly like one would expect someone that calls themselves "Bigfoot Hunters".  "Fine. I'll work my magic" the second voice said with a huff. "I had another blackout after breakfast. We can worry about it later but I wanted to let you know" with that,  the man pushed through the crowd towards the group in front of her with a hairy creature patch on their outdoorsy vests.

Who was this Raven person? A fancy off road vehicle pulled up, it was solid black with white interior.  A guy, still young, jumped out and left it idling in the road, door open and demanded to know what was going on like he owned the place. She tried to get a glimpse of this newcomer but everyone was so hecking tall. wait... "Joseph!" She shouted into the crowed. He probibly hid at the noise, there was no way he'd bee caught dead in a packed chaotic place. "Jo-Jo! Isie! Where are you?!" She turned shouting into the street behind her.

Hancock listened to what Sideway told him, turning back to the nymph with the bomb strapped to her. "It is a little strange. They are trying to keep a town a secret too..." But why? Why were they so hellbent, going so far as to almost kill another person? "I'm sure she wouldn't make it easy. There's no way she would leave her here without a contingency plan." He said, going back to the nymph. Before Sideway left, he assured him they would discuss his blackout when time permitted. Now to the bomb. John moved to the front of the crowd that was surrounding the nymph. "Alright people, step back. I'm going to need you all to return to your places of business and homes..." His eyes went from the crowd to the billowing smoke. "Fire!" He cried, pointing to the stores behind them. People turned and cried out in surprise and the crowd started moving to either flee or put out fires. Hancock spotted that even behind the town within the forests, fires were cropping up. "Oh sugar honey iced tea." He was in over his head now. Hancock went to his Jeep and picked up the CB hand microphone and called it in. "Dispatch this is Deputy Hancock with the Mullberry police, we need Fire and Rescue up here ASAP. The thunderstorm must've started some forest fires up here, over."

"Copy that, Hancock, over." The deputy set down the radio and ran his hands through his hair. Then he turned and cautiously approached the nymph. The bomb was strapped around her back. He did not dare to step closer, being sure this woman likely had a hand detonator as well. Wherever she was, she was probably watching them from the camera on the front of the vest. He could really use Raven's set of eyes at this point. 

Suddenly someone was talking to him, and shouting orders. Hancock turned to them, too grateful for the help to tell them otherwise. The man was quite shocked to see a younger man, wearing... ears and a tail? They looked pretty real to him, but he did not comment on them. "Apparently some rouge woman is threatening to kill this nymph if we don't kill a spy trying to expose the town. I have no idea about the fires." Introductions struck him as unnecessary and a waste of time right now, however his credentials could be helpful. "I'm Deputy Hancock from the police department of the next town over who's stationed here. I already called Fire and rescue up here. to help with these fires. I also have someone on finding that 'rat'."

Raven was torn. She wanted to help Joseph, but she knew Hancock was going to need her. I have to help out there. The wolf said, tossing her head to the chaos outside. I'm sorry Joseph, I really have to go... It pained her to abandoned him, but she couldn't stay and hold his hand. Or... paw in this case. Raven dove through the doggy door with a sickly feeling lingering in her chest. It was not hard to find Handcock. And with the chaos on the street, no one paid her much attention. What is happening? She approached just as Hancock was relaying it to some young man. Raven recognized him from the diner earlier. I think I know who did this. I was in the flower shop when this woman came in. Joseph said it sounded like whoever was in the car. She bought some ninofern or something and then left. Hancock turned to Raven with an exclamation of relief. "Nitrofern, you mean? That would explain the fires... but why?" Why set stuff on fire? To add to the chaos? "We are on the hunt for a 'mole'. I already sent Gabe."

What do you need me to do? At this point she didn't really care who heard or saw her. Including the pseudo-cosplayer beside them.

------------------------------

Another hand tapped on Garrett's shoulder. He felt soothed and just a bit bubbly. "Hey there, sure, we would be delighted." The man brought the confused group together and ushered them to walk along with Sideway. "We were in town investigating this." He pulled out the newspaper and handed it to him. "Hey, you must've been the one to write this!" As they walked, he tucked the newspaper back in. "We look for Bigfoot but," he lowered his voice. "I'm looking for any kind of supernatural creatures. Like, I''m pretty sure I already found an invisible woman. Don't tell anyone else though." Garrett said with a wink.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"Let them expose the town, I don't care, it's happened twice before and you'll find no record of it anywhere, why? Because it to freaking unbelievable and I know people in higher places who can  scrub anything from any archives. " Asheron scoffed. Threatening to kill a nymph and all this drama for someone pulling the plug? Something else is going on... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that much out.  "Concentrate on the fires now. I'll investigate the scene." He ordered also ignoring the talking wolf. He then went to turn off his car, then came near the nymph where the tires spun out of a car leaving fresh scuffs on the road. Kneeling down and took a deep breath, studying the treads left behind. Italian leather shoes and a sporty car was here. He could tell by the smell of the oil treated leather and the treads left behind.... the one he drove here had the exact same width and tires. "Did someone get the license plate number?" He called out to the remaining stunned people before turning to the nymph he approached her slowly until he could get through her natural flowery scent. He shot up. He knew that smell anywhere! Clive Christian No.1 for men. A woman wouldn't spend $850 on men's cologne for herself to wear. His ears flattened as he snarled. Framing a woman and threatening to kill another? Dirty trick. He didn't like men who would stoop so low.  He went back over to the deputy as a blond wolf trotted yo with a Norse bind rune that said wolf on his leg.

Despite his better judgment Joseph followed her. "I said she was inside the store when the bomb went off! A single person can't be in two places at once!"  Joseph barked. He stuck close to raven.  "The wolf's right Hancock. " Asheron said coming over quickly. "Car is the same make and model as mine, very pricey, and I know no rental place has them. And  I smelled men's cologne on the nymph. Expensive cologne. Any sane wealthy woman wouldn't buy men's cologne when they can afford it. Not even to mislead people. So if you have a license plate number call it in and get feedback on whom did this. All this for one person who wants to expose this place doesn't make sense to me. And if it happens, it happens. Nobody that hasn't received a note or have been invited to Goodneighbor is welcomed here. This is private land, and under my authority as the son of the founder and appointed acting mayor of this town. Whomever they are, like those big foot people over there, are trespassing. They'll have to go through my seventeen world class lawyers to even consider taking this land. This place is built to home the lost, the forgotten, and the frightened of human persecution! It. Will. Not. Happen. Here. Am I clear deputy?" He growled emphasizing his words. He then wrinkled his nose. "You reek of cheap alcohol.." 

Sideway smiled sweetly When the group of men agreed to walk with him. Before he could get them away from the crowd like Hancock asked, a second round of commotion rang out. People started shouting "Fire" and pointing across the street at the library. As they exited the alley, Sideway could see the extent of the fire. The structure looked fine but there was smoke pouring from ever crevice in the structure. Sideway was going to take them into the diner to stall them but that didn't seem to be an option now. Instead, the incubus steered them down the street towards his office. The front lobby was cozy enough to chat with them. He assumed Hancock would be working on a way to incapacitate these humans so they could deal with the real problem. Sideway noticed two of the men stopped to take pictures of the fire. A whistle cut through the air, grabbing the men's attention,

"Come on, Eyes on me" Sideway said, walking backwards so he could talk to the group. He puled out his little leather book and his pen, "So.....What did you see in the parking lot?" he started, raising his camera to his eye and snapped a few pictures of the burning building. He was having the work overtime to catch all the news unfolding before him. Where was his team anyway?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy puffed her cigarette calmly as she watched her fires grow in intensity around the town. As She expected, the library was the first to be noticed. She could hear people shouting and running towards the smoking building, no doubt to try to contain the flames to stop it from burning the town down. She would have to work fast, no doubt it  their deputy has already called in a request to a real fire department. 

Poppy was sitting in the bell tower of the church to catch her breath with a smoke break. Now that her cigarette was burned down to the filter, she flicked it to the ground below and rose to her feet. The town was in chaos exactly like she wanted but it the success in her mission did not bring her joy. Goodneighbor was a sweet little town, It sucks that she is responsible for destroying it. 

A thick wisp of black smoke exited the bell tower and sped for the nearest forest fire. Once she arrived, she dove into the pillar of smoke. For a moment nothing happened, then the entire mass of smoke began to writhe and twist as Poppy began to absorb the mass into her smoke form. The entire mass began to move to the next fire to do the same thing. 

Soon. Poppy was no longer the size of a campfire smoke trail. She now consisted of the equivalent mass output of a warehouse fire and she was taking it to the center of town. She drifted up until she was level with the peak of the mountains and began to spread. She had to focus in order to keep the smoke into a consistent shape as it trickled down the sides of the town. At this point, birds and other moving things could pass through the smoke without any harm but once the it touched the ground, the entire dome began to spin counter clockwise. The smoke picked up speed until it was traveling fast enough to repel anything that tried to make it though. Trees in the area surrounding the barrier were toppled or ripped free from the ground and thrown along the surface of the dome. Lets see moneybag's precious backup help him now. 

With the town sealed off from the outside world, a drip of smoke formed in the center of the dome. When it reached a certain size, it fell to the town like a raindrop. Once it hit the ground, it exploded and reformed into Poppy. She was behind the library and she could see orange flames glowing in the basement. Poppy sighed and turned back into smoke. She absorbed the smoke pouring from the building and forced it back into the building. Without any oxygen the fire in the basement smothered.

Poppy hadn't really planned this far so when she reformed on the roof of the neighboring roof she didn't cry out to begin a villainous speech. No, all she did was light a cigarette and take a seat of the edge of the roof.