Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amarasynn

New Dragon Cave Member

Hi there!

I'm Amarasynn or I can go by Mara as well.

I am new to the dragon cave community and would like to introduce myself to folks on here!

I have to say, starting a new game is a bit overwhelming so any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Shifting through various topics will take me several days to complete as I find out how this game works and how awesome of a community that plays here.

I have a feeling I am going to have a LOT of questions so please forgive the noobie!

Regards,

Mara.

Hello and welcome! For your dragons to hatch and grow up, they'll need to get views. Clicks are nice to have because they're worth a lot of views, but it's possible for dragons to grow up with zero clicks. I recommend adding your scroll to fansites if you want to get views for your dragons. Here is the list of fansites you can choose from; I use Valley Sherwood, Allure of Neglected Dragons, and Silvi's Lair. 

One thing to remember is you should not get your dragons too many views too fast when they're young (7d left). It increases the chance of them getting softshell (sickness) and dying. I don't add my dragons until they're at least 6d15h left, and during holiday releases I don't add them until they're at 5d23h left since fansites get more traffic for these releases. 

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I know that was a lot of information.

Hello and welcome to Dragon Cave! 

As purpledragonclaw noted above, the best way to hatch and care for your eggs is to place them in hatcheries. I would recommend using Allure of Neglected Dragons or Hatching Club as your main (both give a good enough amount of view for your dragons to grow up), and you can use one or two others (Silvi's Lair, Draghatch, etc). I only ever add my dragons to hatcheries when they are below 5 days and 23 hours, because adding eggs just after they have been caught can cause them to die. It is best to wait a day to add your eggs, really.

Also, if you ever want detailed help from a player check out the Mentoring Project thread, or just ask questions.

Thanks so much guys!

I really appreciate the information provided above! I will certainly look into the mentoring project as well. 

I do have a few questions though...whats the difference between clicks and views on your dragons? How do views count/work?

I see you mentioned hatcheries....are these for eggs and hatchlings or just eggs?

OH! i saw something by ER's? What does it mean for needing an ER?