jerzeeshadow

💚The First Annual "Mint Fool's Day!"🍂

🍂Whose Got An April Fool's Mint?🍂  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

image_textphotoeditor_7186.jpg

The First Annual "Mint Fool's Day!"
(other name suggestions welcome (PLEASE!😖))

image_textphotoeditor_8126.png

Okay, so I was thinking, we had that Minty Madness last year for April Fool's Day.  Why not do something to honor that event?  A mass breeding of fools mints comes to mind, but I think it deserves its own annual thread.

So here it is!  

On this thread you can "post-n-boast" your lineages and pictures of such.  Trades are allowed here, as well as giftings.  If anyone wants to make up some banners, go right ahead!  This is a work in progress, so feel free to add suggestions☺

Theres really just one rule:  All offspring from Fool Mints are allowed here for trade and gifting.  

Edited by jerzeeshadow
Clarify future trades and giftings

Okay, it has been brought to my attention that April 1 this year is also Easter. (I really should have remembered that:rolleyes:)  

I don't think there would be a conflict between these two events though.  The DC Easter festival takes precedence of course!  But the mini-mint event could be a nice sideshow.  👍

I don't see why these two events can't coexist. Revisiting Minty Madness on April 1st sounds like fun!

I am honestly lost. What is Minty Madness? I wasn't active on DC most of last year so I clearly have missed something. XD I know about the upside down Mints from some years ago (Before my time). Is it the same thing? OMG please don't tell me I missed getting upside down Mints last year! ;_;

17 minutes ago, Fabula said:

I am honestly lost. What is Minty Madness? I wasn't active on DC most of last year so I clearly have missed something. XD I know about the upside down Mints from some years ago (Before my time). Is it the same thing? OMG please don't tell me I missed getting upside down Mints last year! ;_;

For the April Fool's Event last year there were two decisions you could make. One gave you an upside down Mint while the other gave you nothing at all.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I don't see why these two events can't coexist. Revisiting Minty Madness on April 1st sounds like fun!

Sounds like something where we might be collecting easter dragon eggs only to find that any collected on April 1st/easter either don't hatch or hatch something odd...

Mint Dragons just happen to be one of my favorite breeds. They are so cute and small and green.  

I look forward to see what kind of egg this will be. It sounds like fun to. Can't wait 😄

@purpledragonclaw Thank you for your support!

@Fabula I really hate to tell you this, but yeah.  Last year there was an April Fools event called " The Dragon's Dilemma".  You had to make a choice and the result could have been an "upside-down" cb Mint egg.  (Also some players received a cb Balloon egg instead.)  Here's a link to the DC Wikia page about it:

The Dragon's Dilemma

@TerraAnne Don't worry, these two events should remain separate.  The DC Easter egg event is really big and centered "in-game."  Whereas, my Fool Mint thing is really just here in this thread.  You can breed what you like.  And if your doing anything with upside-down mints, your welcome to post here. ☺

Edited by jerzeeshadow

I would like everyone to see my group of Fool Mint related dragons.  The first three are my cb Mints from the event.  (Yes, you could trade them, and I successfully acquired the other two with my amazing trade skills. 😉)

🌟Minty Goodness🌟

@TerraAnne there are no Easter Dragons. DC only has 3 groups of Holiday dragons, Christmas, Halloween, and Valentines.

I missed out on getting a Fool's Mint myself sadly, but I'd love to get my hands on an offspring if possible. Is this strictly descendants of Fool's Mints or is it all Mints?

@Dorchet & @jerzeeshadow
Awe man! :( The one year I'm mostly absent I miss CB Halloweens and NOW I learn I missed a chance at a CB upside down Mint. Now I'm just sad... ;_;

@Kovia You're not alone. :( I did recently get this little guy from a male upside down Mint. I never noticed his sire's caught date until just now. XD

With my luck, I'll be around this year, and no chance at a CB upside down Mint like every other year I was actually active. =_= Typical..

@Kovia This thread should stay with the Fools Mint descendants.  I'm hoping there'll be some really nice lineages to swap!😉

1 hour ago, Kovia said:

@TerraAnne there are no Easter Dragons. DC only has 3 groups of Holiday dragons, Christmas, Halloween, and Valentines.

I missed out on getting a Fool's Mint myself sadly, but I'd love to get my hands on an offspring if possible. Is this strictly descendants of Fool's Mints or is it all Mints?

I didn't mean easter dragons as in some new holiday dragon, I meant that like the upside down mints they might do something to eggs we collect that day because its easter and april fools. XD  I know what holiday dragons we already have.

I only have this one april fools mint that I got in the glittering gold raffle held right after the event. So I'll probably breed her to my regular mint male she's already partnered with. I don't have anything overly special to put her with unfortunately.

I was already intending to breed Mad Jester and his line on April Fools anyway (I breed them on the reg anyway), but I'd love to see some other Upside Mint kins with his. Just can't guarantee a few Nebulas won't slip in with 'em.

I have a upside down Mint x purple Nebula checker that I have built up to 4th gen. I especially love it because two of the 2nd gens came from Sock! I have an egg from it up for trade in the Even Gen trading thread right now, but I will give one away here on April 1st, unless on that day they happen to give me the Nebula I have been waiting for, which would be just typical of the things my dragons do to me.:P

Edited by purplehaze

The beeswax option made me giggle so I picked that one :lol: I think I re-read The Abominable Charles Christopher twice now?

I created this group: https://dragcave.net/group/13702

It contains all my April Fool's caveborns from the past years! Also 4 Mints, 2 of each - did plenty of trading that week.

If anyone wants April Fool's babies, you know where the PM button is :D

@Fjord

I actually happen to have offspring from The Proud Jester in that line!

I'll probably breed my mints to the AP on April Fool's Day, including my one upside-down mint.

At Wit's End came from last year's event. I will be breeding her on St. Patrick's Day as well as Easter, and am looking for 2G Fools' Mint swaps, or something of equal rarity.

I was lucky enough to trade for a Ceiling Mint after the event, but sadly I did not manage to get her a mate. I do have two normal CB Mints caught April 1st after I desperately scoured the AP for another one, so I might breed those two. Not sure about my little upside-down gal unless I can get a nice mate for her. (So, if anyone has a spare CB male Mint hatchie...)

All in all, I think this is a good idea for sharing offspring from our special babies, since I know that event caused a lot of drama... (*cough*likesomanyothers*cough*)

And JS, you seriously froze one of your upside-down Mints?? You crazy nutter! :b

I'm in!  I have these!  I'm waiting til after this weekend (in case there's a release) but I need to breed a 3G to put with another 3G I have to make a mate for her, then I ought to be able to breed PB 5G Mints with the entire baseline from the upside downs.  And I'll be looking for an unrelated 2G bloodswap for a mate for him, hopefully with enough time before the first.

Sadly, I don't have an upside down Mint, but I do have her (and him). I believe the person I traded with got her through the event, so...it almost counts, right? XD

Since the sprite isn't upside down, I don't think I will be breeding her for April Fools.

Edited by The Dragoness

@The Dragoness Just so you know, all relatives of Fool Mints are welcome to be posted here.😊

@Orchi'dea Thank you for offering that 3g beauty!  And that's a great idea to breed Fool Mints with Celestials😁  Lets spread the foolish love!🍂