Moonwick

What egg descriptions throw you off?

19 minutes ago, SarkhanVol said:

Magmas and Reds. One is 'really hot' and the other is 'almost too hot to touch'. kek

Reds are just "rather warm". The "really hot" ones are Embers ;)

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Reds are just "rather warm". The "really hot" ones are Embers ;)

This proves how easy it can be to mix up descriptions when they're already quite similar! :lol:

Another one that gets me is when multiple dragons have the same description, but they appear in different biomes. The 'strange markings' group always get me because I can never remember 1) which ones are in which biome other than skywings, and 2) which biome I'm currently searching in! I don't pick these guys up all that often, but when I've hunted them for scroll goals I've ended up getting myself pretty confused. :P 

It may help to match descriptions not just to breeds, but also to purposes and other attributes of a given species.

E.g. Reds can incubate, you want to "warm" an egg, not boil it!

Magmas may be "almost too hot" - but not yet, grab it now! (because trade value)

Embers (unless you're currently looking for them for breeding projects) are "really hot" (not just almost), so you can just steer clear of those.

Skywings are coastal indeed. Blue like the sea, enjoying wild rides on the wind.

Ochredrakes share their biome (the forest) with Glory Drakes.

In the jungle, you find Frilleds and Horses. While Horses don't seem to make much sense in the jungle, at least to me (we need grasslands!), Frilleds remind of a scene in Jurassic Park where a little frilled dinosaur scares that one guy who's currently running through a jungle :lol:

Memorize only a few breeds at a time. Associations like above may help.

Exercise that for a bit, give your brain time to make those descriptions stick before you move on to the next bunch of breeds.

And when hunting for a specific breed with shared descriptions, stick to the biome in which they drop ;) Don't jump around - otherwise you're bound to lock your scroll with other stuff instead!

On 3/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, Kaini said:

For some reason the Nebula gets me every... single... time... I panic-click it thinking it's a silver for some reason. I know better, I have no idea what it does to my brain :P

I have a problem with Nebulas too, but for me it's because I think they are Zyus... 'brilliant radiance', 'radiate power', I *know* Zyu's have 'power' but I just see the radiance part and click.