Moonwick

What egg descriptions throw you off?

I searched and didn't see this kind of topic anywhere else and I'm curious if it's just me...

When hunting for eggs in the caves, does anyone else have this thing with certain egg descriptions where it makes you wanna click the egg...even though you don't need it? 

Or maybe you even have clicked on them from misreading/panic and instantly regretted it? I guess it mostly happens with commons/uncommons. ^^'

For me it's Vine Dragons....the description is just so long and I always get the urge to click on it when it pops up.

Nope, usually not. Only once I clicked a "shy" egg when I was looking for an egg with "shy" in its code XD

(You know you've played this game for too long if every egg description is associated with a mental image of the dragon!)

I'm perpetually misclicking Nebula's "brilliant radiance" thinking it's Silver's "beautiful glow"! And have recently started clicking "This shiny egg gives off an almost magical aura." because idk? My brain sees "magical aura" and thinks Xeno/Zyu??

Spirit Ward /Candelabra /Fell

This egg glows from within. /This mottled red egg almost glows from within. /This mottled egg looks positively ancient.

I'm looking for CB Candelabras for a lineage right now and whenever I see one of the others I think it is what I'm looking for!

Very rare occasions but the Kingcrowne. That description sometimes tricks me, haha!

Sapphires. Please... :'D And red Zyus, I don't really need them yet I keep reflex-clicking.

Golden Wyverns always seem to get me thinking they're Golds. Even though I *know* Golds don't have the word gold in their description I end up clicking them anyway.

Spinel Wyverns always get me with their glassy eggs. I associate glassy with Xenowyrms, so I’ve spam clicked on more Spinels than I’d like to admit.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets tripped up with the Kingcrownes! 'This shiny egg gives off an almost magical aura.' always always always throws me off, which I don't understand because there are no other eggs with 'magical' in their description, and the only other egg with 'aura' is the common magi. I think it's just the combination of shiny/magical/aura, it makes it *sound* like something I would really want, even though I should know better by now! 

I agree with Kingcrownes, luckily haven't been too much of a bother lately 'cause I need 'em. However, today I noticed a weird parallel with Kingcrownes and Silvers!

Silver adult description:

image.png.ccd3a50a146c79e2c2a87849aa7792ba.png

An... almost magical aura, huh? Sounds like some other guy I know. lol

Twice now, I have clicked on a Baikala egg thinking it was a Cheese. And I hate Baikalas. >_>

Oh man, sapphires are my bane. Both their and silver egg descriptions are short, with "beautiful" in approximately the same place. Same problem with sinii krais and "glow". I'm more likely to hesitate on a metallic than misclick eggs but it still throws me off.

Do you wanna know what threw me off? The GOLD I MISSED because the description threw me off. ;_; I seen "metallic" and thought Lunar Herald...sobs

Also add me to the group of people that Kingcrownes throw off. :rolleyes:

I hunt in the cave rarely now, that's why I don't have many of the newer breed's egg descriptions memorized. So everytime I see an unfamiliar one I get confused....

Edited by Chococat0815

12 hours ago, Darkstorm34 said:

Spinel Wyverns always get me with their glassy eggs. I associate glassy with Xenowyrms, so I’ve spam clicked on more Spinels than I’d like to admit.

This one gets me as well! :P I've definitely done this a couple of times for the exact same reason. Funny that we have the same weird association. It must be something to do with the 'storm' in our usernames... we're kindred spirits.

Edited by StormWizard212

Switch your memorizing to "Mana" - right now, Xenos are the only breed which "mana" in their egg description ;)

I've only memorised rare ones and the few breeds which were around when I first started playing, so unless the description is very unambiguous (say, Gemshards),  I've little idea which egg is which. If I'm looking for a specific common, I always have to check the wiki first. (There's so many eggs in a puddle, you know? :D) That said, there's something about Nebulas' and Kingcrownes' descriptions that makes me want to click them even though I know they're not e.g. metallics. (And it seems I'm not the only one.)

One that used to throw me off, however, is Electric, because their description makes me immediately visualise a Thunder egg. "Electric sparks dance across the surface of this egg" is cruelly misleading when we actually have another egg with visible sparks. I no longer make this mistake (Thunder is "whenever you go near this egg your hair stands on end"!), but it took me several misclicks to learn, and I still imagine the Thunder sprite when I see that description.

Golden Wyverns are the scourge of my hunting existence. ;; 

I also click on Two-headed Lindwyrms and Kingcrownes almost every time I see them because I'm like ITS A RARE. if i don't TAKE it right as soon as I see it it'll be GONE.

rip ;;

The gold and silver descriptions. I swear I've missed around 10 due to mistaking them for nebulas, lunar heralds, among other things.

I almost always confuse Lunar Heralds for Golds. And, of course, the one time I intentionally didn't click and thought I saved myself from being locked for 5 hours, I missed an actual Gold egg :rolleyes:

On 09/03/2018 at 9:58 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Switch your memorizing to "Mana" - right now, Xenos are the only breed which "mana" in their egg description ;)

It doesn't matter what I logically know, my brain just acts reflexively sometimes! :lol: It's one of those things where I'll click before I've even registered it and as soon as my mind catches up, I think 'oh no, I just did it again'. 

Seeing metallic in an egg description always trips me up, without fail. I'm very clever. /sarcasm

I also reflex-click Fire Gem eggs even when it's not the right time for the ones I'm hunting.

Nothing really throws me off so much as even though I spend quite a bit studying the descriptions, I still can't for the life of me remember them all when it matters...

For some reason the Nebula gets me every... single... time... I panic-click it thinking it's a silver for some reason. I know better, I have no idea what it does to my brain :P

Magmas and Reds. One is 'really hot' and the other is 'almost too hot to touch'. kek