hazeh

[The CW] Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl

Arrowverse Fans!  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I used to watch The Flash and I'll probably pick it up again because I'm weak when it comes to super-powers and all in shows, it's just a good chunk of the characters I don't like much. Most especially, Barry just isn't that great of a main character to watch, he's honestly super annoying. Caitlin as the main character would be awesome.

I watched a couple Legends of Tomorrow episodes and really I just... forgot about the show haha. I've heard that Supergirl isn't worth much so I probably won't touch it. And honestly not sure why I haven't looked at Arrow yet because from what I've seen while watching Flash, I like Oliver a lot.

My recommendation (if you want it :D) is to try Supergirl Season 1. That was the season that was produced by CBS, so it came before it was integrated as a CW show. It's really sweet and a little happy-go-lucky but they do a really good job, I think! The CW seasons are okay, there are some really good parts (like Lena Luthor!) and some... not so great parts (Like...Mon-El...). But it still is worth watching, imo. Maybe that's just my inner fangirl talking though :D I'm personally just not interested in Arrow. From the crossover episodes, Oliver seems like he's trying to be Batman and I find that a little irksome. 

Oh! We're also getting a Batwoman show soon. So that'll be pretty cool!

5 minutes ago, hazeh said:

My recommendation (if you want it :D) is to try Supergirl Season 1. That was the season that was produced by CBS, so it came before it was integrated as a CW show. It's really sweet and a little happy-go-lucky but they do a really good job, I think! The CW seasons are okay, there are some really good parts (like Lena Luthor!) and some... not so great parts (Like...Mon-El...). But it still is worth watching, imo. Maybe that's just my inner fangirl talking though :D I'm personally just not interested in Arrow. From the crossover episodes, Oliver seems like he's trying to be Batman and I find that a little irksome. 

Oh! We're also getting a Batwoman show soon. So that'll be pretty cool!

I'll check out the first season then :) I've never actually seen any Batman so I can't comment on the comparison with Oliver.

So Supergirl season 4 has been going on for the past few weeks and just went on its April break/mini hiatus. These past few episodes have me SWEATIN'. The Red Daughter story and Lex Luthor is getting really interesting!!! I'm also really glad 

Spoiler

that Supergirl and Lena Luthor made up after last season's spat. I just want them to be friends again. And I'm hoping that this is foreshadowing to how they'll make up in the future, since Lena still doesn't know that Supergirl is Kara, and Kara doesn't yet know that Lena was helping Lex (not to nefarious means, so hopefully Kara will understand that...). They both have a secret that they're terrified of revealing to the other person because they think they'll be cast away/ hated for it and I would absolutely hate the show if it came to that. LET THEM BE FRIENDS!!!! If I can't have a groundbreaking romance between them, give me a solid, unbreakable friendship :( 

Fun news that is Supergirl related: I got chosen to be an author on a Supergirl fan magazine!!! If anyone is interested in a copy let me know ;D It's about Supergirl x Lena Luthor!

And Legends of Tomorrow just started up again last night!! It looks great so far, I'm going to watch the episode tonight. Some of the season previews look HILARIOUS, like Sara Lance dressing up as Supergirl 🤣

Oof the one show I know about is the least popular.... (at least according to this thread)

11 hours ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Oof the one show I know about is the least popular.... (at least according to this thread)

Supergirl? Well it's my favorite out of all of them, so you're welcome to chat with me about it if you want :D 

edit: my assumption was based on the poll, unless that's not what you meant 😅

Edited by hazeh

10 hours ago, hazeh said:

Supergirl? Well it's my favorite out of all of them, so you're welcome to chat with me about it if you want :D 

edit: my assumption was based on the poll, unless that's not what you meant 😅

Yeah.  I am a bit behind on watching though, because I'm only at around the beginning of Season 3.

12 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Yeah.  I am a bit behind on watching though, because I'm only at around the beginning of Season 3.

Oh!! Well you'll have to tell me what you think :D I think I started this thread somewhere during season 3...

On 4/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, hazeh said:

Oh!! Well you'll have to tell me what you think :D I think I started this thread somewhere during season 3...

Btw, I missed out on the last 2 episodes of season 2.  Can you tell me what happens? (Doesn’t have to be very detailed tho)

On 4/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Btw, I missed out on the last 2 episodes of season 2.  Can you tell me what happens? (Doesn’t have to be very detailed tho)

Sure! From what I remember:

Spoiler

Queen Rhea, Mon-El's mom, basically tries to take over Earth with the army of Daxamites and using the technology that Lena Luthor helped her create (not knowing that it would be used for this purpose). Lena helps create a bomb that would infuse the atmosphere with lead, which is poisonous to Daxamites. Supergirl fights Rhea and ends up using the bomb to make all the Daxamites leave Earth, but this also forces Mon-El to leave or else he'll die. He gets into the space pod he arrived on Earth inside of, and Kara sends him back into space to save his life. (What she doesn't see is that his pod is then sucked into a temporal wormhole). Before this Rhea had used silver kryptonite to make Superman think that Supergirl was an old enemy (General Zod, I believe?) and so they have a showdown that Supergirl ultimately wins and helps return her cousin to his senses. So there were some neat fight scenes. At the very end of the last episode, we got a flashback of a hooded figure placing a baby into a space pod while Krypton is dying and saying something like "she will reign," which is the clue for Season 3's antagonist. Oh, and Alex proposes to Maggie also. 

I think those are the important parts... 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, hazeh said:

Sure! From what I remember:

Reveal hidden contents

Queen Rhea, Mon-El's mom, basically tries to take over Earth with the army of Daxamites and using the technology that Lena Luthor helped her create (not knowing that it would be used for this purpose). Lena helps create a bomb that would infuse the atmosphere with lead, which is poisonous to Daxamites. Supergirl fights Rhea and ends up using the bomb to make all the Daxamites leave Earth, but this also forces Mon-El to leave or else he'll die. He gets into the space pod he arrived on Earth inside of, and Kara sends him back into space to save his life. (What she doesn't see is that his pod is then sucked into a temporal wormhole). Before this Rhea had used silver kryptonite to make Superman think that Supergirl was an old enemy (General Zod, I believe?) and so they have a showdown that Supergirl ultimately wins and helps return her cousin to his senses. So there were some neat fight scenes. At the very end of the last episode, we got a flashback of a hooded figure placing a baby into a space pod while Krypton is dying and saying something like "she will reign," which is the clue for Season 3's antagonist. Oh, and Alex proposes to Maggie also. 

I think those are the important parts... 

So that’s what I missed!  Why are the skipped episodes (for me) always the ones where stuff happens DX. Anyways, just watched some of s3 and am mildly annoyed that Cw thought they could get away with making a character that (slight spoiler alert) 

Destroyed the main s2 ship and is an overly humanoid life form from SATURN’S MOON.  (Ok that part was probably just my inner science lover but still)

On 4/25/2019 at 4:30 PM, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Destroyed the main s2 ship and is an overly humanoid life form from SATURN’S MOON.  (Ok that part was probably just my inner science lover but still)

Are you talking about Imra? 🤔  Sadly I liked her quite a bit :D I enjoyed her and Mon-El together better than I did him and Kara. 

Also, Season 4 hit me RIGHT IN THE FEELS so many times. Probably the best season the CW has managed for it since 2A of Supergirl. 

Spoiler

LENA FINALLY KNOWS. AND SHE FOUND OUT IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY. UGH. 

I absolutely saw this coming, especially with all of moments that Kara almost told her and then didn't. Her telling james "I'll tell Lena once this is all over, even if she hates me" I was like YUP Lena gonna find out before that. And of course it had to be friggin' Lex spilling the beans.

I don't think she'll turn evil-- the ending of the finale suggested she was only angry, not vengeful-- but I really, REALLY hope the writers don't destroy their friendship for good. Yeah I expect some angst, but a Super and a Luthor being best friends is one of the most amazing parts of this show!! Don't ruin it for drama!!! D:< 

So now I get to wallow miserably for several months until season 5, though I doubt this will be resolved until like, halfway through the season 😭 Lena knows but Kara doesn't know yet that Lena knows and Lena is all stewing in her heartbreak and UGHHHHHHHH. Kara just TELL HER. TELL THE TRUUUUTHHH

Edited by hazeh

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, hazeh said:

Are you talking about Imra? 🤔  Sadly I liked her quite a bit :D I enjoyed her and Mon-El together better than I did him and Kara. 

Also, Season 4 hit me RIGHT IN THE FEELS so many times. Probably the best season the CW has managed for it since 2A of Supergirl. 

Reveal hidden contents

LENA FINALLY KNOWS. AND SHE FOUND OUT IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY. UGH. 

I absolutely saw this coming, especially with all of moments that Kara almost told her and then didn't. Her telling james "I'll tell Lena once this is all over, even if she hates me" I was like YUP Lena gonna find out before that. And of course it had to be friggin' Lex spilling the beans.

I don't think she'll turn evil-- the ending of the finale suggested she was only angry, not vengeful-- but I really, REALLY hope the writers don't destroy their friendship for good. Yeah I expect some angst, but a Super and a Luthor being best friends is one of the most amazing parts of this show!! Don't ruin it for drama!!! D:< 

So now I get to wallow miserably for several months until season 5, though I doubt this will be resolved until like, halfway through the season 😭 Lena knows but Kara doesn't know yet that Lena knows and Lena is all stewing in her heartbreak and UGHHHHHHHH. Kara just TELL HER. TELL THE TRUUUUTHHH

I'm also sadly still waiting for Season 4 to come out on Netflix since it doesn't play on any of the TV channels at my house.  Unless I wasn't paying attention and it did release on Netflix when I wasn't paying attention (JK). Well, back to endlessly waiting. (And also watching the other CW shows to pass time).

9 hours ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

I'm also sadly still waiting for Season 4 to come out on Netflix since it doesn't play on any of the TV channels at my house.  Unless I wasn't paying attention and it did release on Netflix when I wasn't paying attention (JK). Well, back to endlessly waiting. (And also watching the other CW shows to pass time).

It should come out soonish, since it just ended on TV on Sunday :) I think generally it takes a couple months before they do, but usually before the new season starts back up. I'd say... probably around August or September? I believe Season 5 starts in October. 

On 5/23/2019 at 7:25 AM, hazeh said:

It should come out soonish, since it just ended on TV on Sunday :) I think generally it takes a couple months before they do, but usually before the new season starts back up. I'd say... probably around August or September? I believe Season 5 starts in October. 

Ok, good to know ^^

Edit: YESSS  IT CAME OUT ON NETFLIX EARLYYY :D And I just finished watching it. And yeah I agree with what you said a few posts back. The producers shouldn’t get rid of a good friendship for drama.  Anyways, just curious, what are you most looking forward to seeing in season 5? 

Edited by InfiniteGalaxiezz05

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Ok, good to know ^^

Edit: YESSS  IT CAME OUT ON NETFLIX EARLYYY :D And I just finished watching it. And yeah I agree with what you said a few posts back. The producers shouldn’t get rid of a good friendship for drama.  Anyways, just curious, what are you most looking forward to seeing in season 5? 

I know, this place is dead now, but OMG 5x01 was just...…. (spoilers)

Spoiler

That reveal finally happened. In the most emotional, angsty, dramatic way I could've expected.  

On 10/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

I know, this place is dead now, but OMG 5x01 was just...…. (spoilers)

Hide contents

That reveal finally happened. In the most emotional, angsty, dramatic way I could've expected.  

Omg I know. I legit cried. While I'm a fan of angst this HURTS. 

Spoiler

Just give me my girls back happy and stronger than ever!!!! 😭

I NEEDED THIS THREAD!!! :D 

Now I can blabber about Arrowverse and people won’t be confused XD  (knowing me, some probably will be but oh well :P )

i haven’t watched all the super recent Seasons of everything, waiting for them to finish so we can download and binge! 

@Swiftphoenix  Welcome aboard! :D Always happy to have more people to blabber excitedly with!

This season's crossover event (Crisis on Infinite Earths) is pretty intense so far!!