Nine

2nd gen Prize Raffle (Winner drawn!)

ladylyzar

Despite the fear associated with them, the brown recluse spider cannot envenom a human being without assistance - such as being pressed into the skin - because their fangs are too small to actually penetrate human skin on their own.  Most reported "bites" are actually skin infections such as staph or MRSA.

Username: Felinor

Random animal fact: Tigers are the largest wild cats in the world. Adults can weigh up to 363kg and measure up to 3.3m!

1. What's your username? Daiyachiri

2. What's a neat animal fact you know? Because of its slow metabolism, an adult crocodile can survive up to two years without eating.

Good stuff so far. Some of these I didn't know at all, which is great!

Hm, I should post a fact too. Let's see. The Opah is one of the few known warm-blooded fish. They live in the cold, abyssal depths where having a warm body and extra energy to burn is a huge advantage. Plus they're adorable and a neat red-orange color. Hurrah for Opah!

1. What's your username?  rrattts

2. What's a neat animal fact you know?  Mice have more bones than a human

1: Wonderwanders2 

2: Alligators grow replacement teeth underneath their current teeth, which are nested into each other sort of like paper cups, so they have a limitless supply of teeth for their lifetime!

1. What's your username?  lulu_witch

2. What's a neat animal fact you know? Hamsters are not actually nocturnal, they are crepuscular meaning they are active at dawn and dusk.

1. Orchi'dea

2. Common swift (Apus apus) is a swallow-like bird (though related to hummingbirds) which spends most of its life in the air. Except nesting, it can eat, sleep and mate without a need to land.

Good luck everyone~

1. Yunneil

2. The Texas Horned Lizard inflates itself when an enemy approaches it and, if it is sufficiently frightened, it can squirt up 1/3 of its volume of blood out of a pore near the eye.

I'll keep this open for about another day, then we'll see who the winner is.

Lagie

Worms don't have just one heart. They have five.

1. What's your username?

Jocosa

2. What's a neat animal fact you know? 

Baby elephants suck on their trunks to comfort and soothe themselves.

Thanks everyone for entering and posting cool facts; I'm closing this to new entries and will post the winner RNG has selected in a few minutes!

Looks like the winner this time is...

Post #19, Alectrona! Congratulations Alectrona! =) I'll be sending you a link with your new egg shortly.

Thanks again everyone for entering and be sure to keep your eyes open for next time! I may need to find new and novel ways of distributing eggs, hmm...

Oh wow, thank you, Nine! And an extra thanks to everyone who entered for all the animal facts; they've been an interesting read!

Congrats Alec  Enjoyed the raffle Nine. 

Congrats Alectrona! Thanks for the raffle, and all the cool facts. I needed more animal facts :)

Congrats, Alectrona. :) 

Thanks for the raffle, Nine! This theme was quite fun!