SaberToothMC

Unofficial Dragon Cave Discord Challenge

I'd pass my 2nd place to @Tigerkralle - I'm good on the Winya front :) Thanks for offering, that's very generous of you!

Haha, i know you are good on the Winya front Ruby Eyes. ;)

I don't mind getting my hands on a Spriter's Alt and CB Hybrid child. I mean we had fun and i forgotten about this project for a few months... Special kinda free eggs are always welcome but those 'prizes' feel weird to receive for that i mean it's just us being very, very stubborn.

A new project for not a whole year sounds like fun and yes the risk of forgetting this project if it is a whole year is very high. So what about this as the new project:
Everyone has to start with one CB (caveborn) dragon stolen on let's say for example 15th April or later (May with the birthday of Dragaon Cave will be a busy time also i assume and i do have a very important personal project in May...) and we all have to describe what our personal lineage will look like and which breeds will be involved and we have to follow a clear breeding pattern. And half a year is fair because some breeds are breeding true and give out many many eggs and others don't! We don't limit it to certains breeds but some people could game the game...

So only half a year not a whole year so all have a more or less fair chance. Starting late will at some point made it impossible to reach top places.

I'm still here! I've just been feeling too tired to breed anything. Anyway I made it to G20. It was fun and made me a better breeder. I will still continue my project and would love to start a new one if we want too. I think the agreement was to breed a dragon from the lineage for the winner, and I would love to breed for anyone from the lineage who wants one. Let me know what's going on, but I'm with you guys! :D

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): WRz3F

What Gen are you on now?: 21

Today's Date: 2019-4-9

Forum Name: Coheart

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/Coheart

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/57391

Edited by Coheart

24 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sent! Anyone else for the Mageia? :D

Thank you so much!

51 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sent! Anyone else for the Mageia? :D

That is right purty! If it's still available I would love to have it. :)

Anyone interested in this little Dorkface with a cute code. I was hoping for their first Gold, but no luck. https://dragcave.net/lineage/Sh0T4

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

LOL I can see what you shot for XD May I?

Certainly! I will try to breed some other stuff later for the others who were tenacious enough to finish!

I would be willing to head up the new challenge if that is okay with everyone. I need help with a name for it, though! I'm not good at coming up with catchy names.

What I am thinking of proposing is a 20 week challenge - Starting on May 1st. (Sorry @Tigerkralle!) That allows us a little time to round up participants, but will still let us finish before the first Holiday breeding season. I am open to other suggestions. I would like to hear from especially @Ruby Eyes, @Tigerkralle, and @Coheart as finishers of this challenge, but also from anyone else who has been following this and would be interested in joining a new challenge, such as @Haki.

I kind of like the prize structure that was originally proposed for this challenge, with the exception of allowing first place to take prizes up to scroll lock. I think the number of prizes for each finalist should depend on the number of participants who finish the challenge. Thoughts?

Edited by purplehaze

Sounds great :)

As for Prizes, I'd think first winner get first pick, second gets second and so on, and if there are any leftovers, the picking starts with the first winner again? Obviously only works if people are quick pickers.

I'm down for anything, just let me know what we're doing. I'll breed whatever in terms of prizes for whoever. I've never set up a breeding project, or a project at all, but I'll help where I can. I'm not sure how else to be constructive, sorry! ^^'

So when we go for 20 weeks what about:

20 Heartbeats Breeding Challenge

You have 20 heartbeats (20 weeks) to breed in a clear pattern and the prizes are beautiful dragons from those creative lineages. The prizes have to come from the scrolls of the participants!

Rules and bla and bla.

Because all breeders know it requires a great heart with much love for dragons to be successful. They will be cruel to you and give no egg or refuse the yet again new mate but if you continue to love them...

Well, I get the great heart with love for dragons, but I don't know exactly how weeks = heartbeats?

I'm in for anything actually. And I don't need a prize either. Tbh I think the original one is good enough. But if you all want something different, I want to suggest some ideas.

1. 21 Spices of Dragons.

You make a specific lineage (stairstep or spiral) using 21 different breeds at max (if you're lucky).

2. Stairsteps to heaven and hell.

Using 2 breeds of dragon with same rarity, one for male and one for female. The thing is once a pair breeds, you have to use the first offspring, influence accordingly and continue with it. That means the stairsteps will go up or down depend on luck. The winner is the one with highest or lowest depth (Heaven and Hell).

This mean the lineage will be ugly so I understand if you guys don't like it lol. 

The rule can be tweaked. But their fundamental point is at above.

Again, I'm in for anything. May 1st seems to be long from now so I would like a mention once it starts in case I forgot :D

Edited by Haki

10 hours ago, Haki said:

same rarity

I think that's near impossible to guess before trying, even if you go by Market prices.

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think that's near impossible to guess before trying, even if you go by Market prices.

By rarity I mean they're both common or uncommon, rare. Ratio is a different story though

Does anyone have any other ideas for a name for the new project? I'm just not completely happy with the one @Tigerkralle suggested and I'd like some other suggestions. I mean we could always call it something completely pedestrian like The Great 20 Week Breeding Challenge, but I'd like something catchier than that. My brain just doesn't do catchy or creative!

14 hours ago, Haki said:

2. Stairsteps to heaven and hell. 

You know the common advice, "In case of stairway, use fire"? XD

(I totally do not apologize for that, my brain is simply bonkers and just got the "stairway to heaven" thingy running again.)

Whatever we do, it's going to be a race of some sort, a challenge ... a cuddlefest for breeders with their dragons to convince the dragons to do as they're supposed to ...

No idea, I never find any catchy names XD

International Union for Conservation of Dragons? Defenders of Dragonlife? :p

Edited by Princess Kiara

20 Weeks Challenge is short and sounds catchy to me, especially if we do this again and again.

I don't really get the Stairway to heaven. I will need to look it up.

About the name, anything works for me actually. Something simple is enough.

Slightly confused on what the new requirements are
Are we going to be breeding same rarities for 20 weeks? o.o

9 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Slightly confused on what the new requirements are
Are we going to be breeding same rarities for 20 weeks? o.o

Not decided yet. We are just discussing possibilities. The only sure thing is that it will be 20 weeks of breeding. I expect it to be pretty much like the old one in most other ways.

When we finalize our ideas I will be posting a new thread with all the details. :) If you are interested in joining it, follow this thread because any new thread will be linked here.