SaberToothMC

Unofficial Dragon Cave Discord Challenge

7 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Just to check, the pattern doesn't matter with breeds? Like if its one breed for awhile, then two, then one again, and so on, its all good?

I just see the word pattern and it feels like the breeds have to match the pattern heh

Nope!  It doesn't matter at all. It could be purebred until the 4th gen and then follow with mixed breeds,or just random breeds from the start; it's all up to you. What does matter is that the 'genders' follow a pattern. So the cb mates have to be either all of one gender to make a stair, or alternating each generation to make a stair, or consecutively two males then two females then two males... Something like that. So that the gendering and the 'twist' of your lineage is consistent through all of the line till the end of the competition. 

Example of a mixed breed stair

https://dragcave.net/lineage/mSv97

Example of a mixed breed spiral 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/M2oO (though in this one the last dragon is of the incorrect gender, and broke the stair, as such this dragon would be a fail for this competition and the breeder would have to breed a sibling and influence it female to continue the 'gender pattern.')(edit: wait I just noticed this dragon would work for a double stair pattern... XD) 

Edited by ninish

1 minute ago, Mow said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aJC2A i have another example :) it just happened to be easier to get a Tan out of them. 

I'm still deciding on what to do. I'm standing between Carinas and Hellfires XD

That's so pretty!!  :'D

Also wow such luck! Some people have lots of trouble getting tans XD

If anyone hasn't gotten their starter for today, PM me, I will have room in 2 hours and I can keep an eye out while I hunt for myself.

12 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Just to check, the pattern doesn't matter with breeds? Like if its one breed for awhile, then two, then one again, and so on, its all good?

I just see the word pattern and it feels like the breeds have to match the pattern heh

That's completely fine :D

11 hours ago, Mochi said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): xxlonewolfxx
Forum Name: Mochi
Today's Date: 2/26/18

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): e9Fun  + zOnef (mate unless it hatches green) - I've caught one nebula but will try to catch more, hopefully one will be purple

Challenge Group Link (required):  Nebula Challenge

Goal: Nebula Spiral (I might regret this later)

This is so exciting! Let's hope I can actually manage to keep this up throughout the year.

Edit: *side-eyes pygmies* I'm tempted to change to pygmies since that will give me a bigger pool to pull from

If I can't catch any nebulas today I'll switch and just put one as a side-challenge

Okay edited and fixed. Sorry for that, indecision is the bane of my existence. I'm just going to stick with nebulas and do pygmies on the side (lol that sounds shady)

2 hours ago, Mochi said:

Okay edited and fixed. Sorry for that, indecision is the bane of my existence. I'm just going to stick with nebulas and do pygmies on the side (lol that sounds shady)

You can change your goal whenever you like. I just threw that bit of the form in to satisfy mine, or anyone else's curiosity :P

1 hour ago, SaberToothMC said:

You can change your goal whenever you like. I just threw that bit of the form in to satisfy mine, or anyone else's curiosity :P

On the one hand that's relieving on the other that just fuels my indecision XD

I'm going to try to actually stick with my goal. 

On 24/02/2018 at 1:27 PM, ninish said:

random pattern

Totally very much not random.

Also inbred, if you haven't noticed :)

39 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Totally very much not random.

Also inbred, if you haven't noticed :)

Omg you're right! I must have been partially asleep when I checked that out (/_- ) will fix it when I finish cooking! XD

-----

On another note, I wanted to get a cb aeon yesterday to start my bsa spiral but failed :'c instead I will be using a cb purple, https://dragcave.net/lineage/6ZaMe unless I manage to trade for a cb aeon stolen yesterday. ú_ù

45 minutes ago, ninish said:

a cb aeon stolen yesterday

Sending you one :)

I updated my group to include the newcomer. He's hatching tonight! \o/  So in a few days I can begin breeding!

4 hours ago, bandaidstealer said:

I didn't see this until today and I do not have any CB eggs from the 26th.  Can I still join if I grab an egg now?

Yes that is no problem :) one of the starting pair has to be caught on feb 26 or after 😊

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): bandaidstealer
Forum Name: bandaidstealer
Today's Date: 2/28/18

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): DCDC Pyrope One + DCDC Harvest One

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/47055

Goal: To win?  Pyrope x Harvest Spiral

I will give them REAL names after the challenge is officially over.  For now, they are going to be following this pattern so I don't have any breeding oopsies.

Edited by bandaidstealer
adding information

10 hours ago, bandaidstealer said:

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): bandaidstealer
Forum Name: bandaidstealer
Today's Date: 2/28/18

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): 8URDB (Will be named once it hatches) + UNDECIDED

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/47055

Goal: Probably a spiral.  Will make a final decision when I choose a mate.

I have to keep all the dragons I breed, even the misfires that mess up the lineage, right?

Cool code on your starter dude :)

Also, any duds (dragons you can't continue your lineage with) are to your discretion as to what is done with them. 

Edited by SaberToothMC

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link: Eleeveen
Forum Name: 11th
Today's Date: March 1st, 2018

Starter Dragon : (Skama) x (Grayu)

Challenge Group Link: 0109 - A Year in a Spiral (Alt Names: "How to Massbreed: Frostbites", "Revenge of the Breeder", "Just give me a SeasoNAL ALREADY", etc.)

Goal: Frostbite spiral w/ CB Celestial mates (from Alpine).

Thanks to the person who helped me find that Celestial~ Wasn't expecting a name code!

Was originally going to do a base pair caught on March 1st, but this works, too.

Edited by 11th

So after staring all of yesterday at my nebula hatchie and hoping it would color purple, I wake up this morning to find THIS 

You had one job! T^T I was really hoping it would color purple because I really like the code but ugh the blue/green, my lineage plans T^T
Now all I have left is
this hatchie but with my luck lately...
I'm glad I thought to get a backup but now I'm struggling between switching just for color if this next hatchie colors right or using the green as my starter's mate because I really like the code (YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE) T^T
On the flip side this means I can start breeding soon.

Are we sure Aeon Wyverns are uncommon and not rare? x.x Might have to fall back to one of my other ideas for this.

1 hour ago, Mochi said:

So after staring all of yesterday at my nebula hatchie and hoping it would color purple, I wake up this morning to find THIS 

You had one job! T^T I was really hoping it would color purple because I really like the code but ugh the blue/green, my lineage plans T^T
Now all I have left is
this hatchie but with my luck lately...
I'm glad I thought to get a backup but now I'm struggling between switching just for color if this next hatchie colors right or using the green as my starter's mate because I really like the code (YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE) T^T
On the flip side this means I can start breeding soon.

Do you particualrily need that miscoloured hatchie? I quite like the code, plus it would work with my night-time theme XD

That does suck though, I wish you luck with your next one.

59 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Are we sure Aeon Wyverns are uncommon and not rare? x.x Might have to fall back to one of my other ideas for this.

I always considered them as rares just because of how they go for in trades and how much trouble I had getting my first one from the cave o.o

34 minutes ago, SaberToothMC said:

Do you particualrily need that miscoloured hatchie? I quite like the code, plus it would work with my night-time theme XD

That does suck though, I wish you luck with your next one.

Thank you! I'm actually pretty attached to it because of the code. I intend to keep it, it's more about deciding whether or not I still want to use it as my starter's mate or if I want to have it mate with one of my starter's offspring later on. Guess I'll just have to wait and see with my second hatchie