Ariento

Bring Back CB Vampires

7 hours ago, IsmaielDeath said:

But that is exactly what they have? A bitten by with link and name to the father/mother vamp: https://dragcave.net/view/t7Nh

This dragon has 3 parents. Two unnamed dragons and the dragon Cisthex. A birthing mother, a birthing father and a vampire father. I see no reason to make a difference here when the only thing 'missing' is the fancy 'quicklink' with the chart of generations. Otherwise it is as much a lineage as the other two parent links on any dragons page.

Oh, I see. You are talking about *lineaged*, bred dragons being turned into Vampires. Yes, those have lineages. *Cavebred* bitten vampires, however, do not have lineages. That's what I thought you were talking about, since the topic is about CBs. See this one, it has no 'lineage' link and no mother/father because it is CB. It was a CB dragon that was bitten and turned into a Vampire. It *only* has a 'bitten by' dragon, nothing else. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh, I see. You are talking about *lineaged*, bred dragons being turned into Vampires. Yes, those have lineages. *Cavebred* bitten vampires, however, do not have lineages. That's what I thought you were talking about, since the topic is about CBs. See this one, it has no 'lineage' link and no mother/father because it is CB. It was a CB dragon that was bitten and turned into a Vampire. It *only* has a 'bitten by' dragon, nothing else. 

Course it has. Its parent is (QJHL) as stated by the very obvious lineage link. (here named bitten by) - which is what this dragon would need to be rid of to be a Caveborn vampire - this thing has been made and thus a lineage that links to another earlier line.

Unless you can present me with a way to get rid of the 'bitten by' lineage than this problem still stands. I do not want 3 parents or 1 parent - I want 0 parents. A true beginning for my own line. Not something that comes from another users lair and sits and breeds there . Since I want to do that on my own.

2 minutes ago, IsmaielDeath said:

Course it has. Its parent is (QJHL) as stated by the very obvious lineage link. (here named bitten by) - which is what this dragon would need to be rid of to be a Caveborn vampire - this thing has been made and thus a lineage that links to another earlier line.

Unless you can present me with a way to get rid of the 'bitten by' lineage than this problem still stands. I do not want 3 parents or 1 parent - I want 0 parents. A true beginning for my own line. Not something that comes from another users lair and sits and breeds there . Since I want to do that on my own.

As I've said before, you are not talking about 'lineage' the same way that most people in this game do. CB Vamps do not have *lineages* the way that most people define lineages, the way that the game itself defines lineages. The 'bitten by' is not a lineage. It does not show as a lineage, with the little sprites in boxes and generation markers. It is not labeled as a lineage. It is *not* a lineage the way that people usually define lineages in this game. If you want to call it that, that's fine, but that's not what it's actually called in the game. 

I understand not wanting to have the *bitten by* information on the page. The dragon does not have actual parents, it just shows who bit it (neither of which is called a mother or father or parent at all), but I do see that some people don't want that bitten by information there at all.

Lineage (anthropology), a group that can demonstrate their common descent from an apical ancestor or a direct line of descent from an ancestor.

That IS the common useage - even around this site is it not? I have not seen any others in use. They always refer to the line of dragons to the apex point - in our cases CBs. That is the same for the bitten by links. It is a line ending at the first Caveborn Vamp - which has no ancestor behind it. Whether you like this or not. It IS a lineage. Complete with links to the ancestors.

Your 'lineage' that you describe is only a family tree chart - and as I said the only thing missing drom the vampires. But a family tree is not needed to have a lineage. I have no family tree and I still do have a lineage that leads back to a baroness.

As for vampires - they usually are refered to as maker and child. A parental relation quite literally made by blood as this is usually what the whole vamp myth is about. A passage from one individual to the next, to the next and so on. A lineage that leads back to the point of origin.

This is my opinion, just my opinion. I do not presume to speak for anyone else.

The Vampire was released in the cave Halloween of 2008. It has never been released in the cave since then. That seems to me to fit the description of "Halloween dragon". Since so many members want CB Vampires, I think they should be in the Halloween biome with other dragons released on Oct. 31 over the years. It seems the natural way to allow those who want CBs to collect them. My Vampires are "fake CBs". I would appreciate a chance to collect real CBs.

I am very indifferent to this suggestion. I do have one of the original "true CB" Vampires from the cave release and I don't really see much that is special about that. I think I have had exactly two requests over the years for an egg bitten by him. But if people want to be able to get them I am not at all against it. I think the Halloween biome would be the logical place to be able to get them if they were to be released. If they were scattered in the other biomes for just one day as some have suggested, it is likely that the people who really want them would be unable to get them unless they were dropped like a common. And I don't think it is appropriate to have them drop year round, even if it is only on the 31st.

What about the idea of the vamps being available in the market? That way, its the best of both worlds - you don't certainly have to buy it, but if you want a 'CB' then you get your option by buying it? Could tie into the fact that there is no ancestry of market eggs, so the vamps brought from the market could simply tie into the lore that these dragons were taken by shady means - picture someone stealing a vamp egg and reselling it, like a shady black market deal - or they were bitten, but no idea who it was bitten by.

You could also allow the option for the vamp to only show in the market at halloween - which would be a fun idea IMO, help tie in the idea that they are one of the halloween dragons - or a reduced price during halloween, and available all year round.

(Plus they would come from the cave, which is pretty OG if you ask me!)

~~~~~

The only issue I see from this is that then there would be people asking for the other breeds in the market, which I'm kinda surprised that they weren't included in the first place if people didn't want to catch from the 'halloween' biome.... (Plus I think it makes a lot more sense to buy the holiday dragons then it does to have a biome... but thats another topic.

My thoughts on the different ideas, from fave to least:

-- Available in all biomes, EXCEPT Halloween, during Halloween breeding week, and not on Halloween itself: My favorite, I'm biased :)) Nods to their Halloween origins while keeping them out of the way of the more desirable breedable CBs.

-- Available as rare drops year round: It's... fine. I don't think it acknowledges their once Halloween status enough, though. Would be a little more appealing if they at least dropped a bit more commonly during Halloween breeding week.

-- Available in the market only: Eh. I feel it would take away some of their grandeur. THE MONSTER, THE MYTH, THE--that'll be 100 shards, please! I guess you could price them higher but that sits wrong, too.

-- Available in Halloween biome only: It's... not the end of the world, but I feel like the desire for non-bitten vampires is fairly niche. I've gotten the impression that people have had a bit of trouble getting all the specific Halloweens they want out of the biome, so I feel adding something else that's likely to be lower down on the desirability totem pole is a bad idea.

-- Available on Halloween only, in all biomes: NO NO PLEASE NO. I can just imagine the horror of unlocking late in the day, going to catch your last Halloween for the year, and misclicking a vampire. PLEASEEE no. I feel diluting the new holiday release of a year in any way at all sets a very bad precedent to boot.

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

-- Available on Halloween only, in all biomes: NO NO PLEASE NO. I can just imagine the horror of unlocking late in the day, going to catch your last Halloween for the year, and misclicking a vampire. PLEASEEE no. I feel diluting the new holiday release of a year in any way at all sets a very bad precedent to boot.

Amen to this bit ! I don't much care about the rest.

19 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

-- Available as rare drops year round

I've already said that I don't care for them much BUT I think this idea could work well. It would add another rare (shouldn't be as rare as CB metals, though, maybe like Cheese or such) for people to hunt after and trade all year round. Plus, you wouldn't have to use your limited scroll space during the Halloween week to grab and raise them. (Market only seems "meh" to me and it still isn't 100% the same as caveborn to some people)

I was really sad last year to see the Vampires weren't in the biome, and hoped they'd make this years cut but they didn't. I would kill to have a true CB Vampire, just because I have a fake CB Vamp (aka a bitten egg) doesn't mean I actually have a CB Vamp.

I do understand why they're not in the halloween biome. They can reproduce year-round so they're been removed from the rules of their origin holiday.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy them from the market. I think it makes the most sense if you really don't want the 'bitten by' text. Otherwise every vampire is functionally the same.

sorry for necroing a thread but since its 2020 and i still cant get master vampires from the event biome... :( ik to some people only lineages matter, but to own my very own pair of master vampires is my new dream since 'owning a CB radiant angel' has now been fulfilled. im own a pair of first childer but its just not the same yknow

I would still love this, if only TJ would agree.

Since Vamps aren't really a Halloween breed, I think it's best to simply put them in the regular biomes and market.

i'd love vampires so much more if i could have true cbs of them! i despise getting them on trades now because the cloest i can get to a cb is a 2g bite lineage from a first gen vampire, but it's not often i get those on trades. just messes that for some reason bother me. i'd love to get my own cb vampires, even if it were just from the market! 

Glad to see that this topic is still alive since last time I've replied to it in 2018, but rather disappointed that this still hasn't been implemented.

Like I said before, I completely support this idea and in my opinion the ideal way of implementing it would be to allow CB vampires to drop in regular biomes alongside with normal eggs during the event, but obviously not on 31st.

That way, both the old Halloween releases, normal eggs, and "true" CB Vampires would be available for those who want them, with minimal conflicts.

Also I do agree with the above post, even finding eggs bitten by the original CB Vampires from 2008 is a tiresome task, which makes it all the harder for those of us who value them -- a lot of players who were around during 2008 have quit, not to mention that there's ever-present risk of locking yourself out of an egg slot/kill slot even if you have one, which a lot of people (understandably) don't want to bother with. And reminder, those 2G eggs aren't even "clean" the same way other CBs are.

On the contrary, people who want to start their own Desipis/Caligene/Marrow lineages are free to do so as those eggs have been implemented in the cave.

Tl;dr: Still hope this gets implemented some year, since Vampires are the only breed that you cannot get from the cave in the whole game, and there are those of us who care about it.

12 hours ago, Nevemore said:

Tl;dr: Still hope this gets implemented some year, since Vampires are the only breed that you cannot get from the cave in the whole game, and there are those of us who care about it.

I still want to see this implemented too. I have several "bitten by" CB Vampires...and while nice for keeping a "Lineage" going...its just not the same as being able to have the foundation member who you can name and go around with.

22 hours ago, Nevemore said:

Zombies, Neglected, Tinsels, Shimmers, Sinomorphs, and GoN. Every hybrid. There are quite a few breeds that cant be found in the cave actually. Never mind color variants. 

Not against this suggestion, but this argument is false.

i think what he meant from that wasn't meant like that. tinsels, zombies, neglected, shimmers, sinos, and GON can all be gotten in a caveborn-type way, not necessarily picked up in the cave itself but within thier own mechanics (summoning, raffles, creating). and hybrids are,, hybrids, kinda weird to use them in this argument imo. i think getting hung up on that little detail is a little much, but i'm not looking to start an argument >_< 

ive said my opinion here before, but i'd love to collect more vampires if i could have nice clean first gen vampires, but sadly they're unobtainable. :(

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Zombies, Neglected, Tinsels, Shimmers, Sinomorphs, and GoN. Every hybrid. There are quite a few breeds that cant be found in the cave actually. Never mind color variants. 

Not against this suggestion, but this argument is false.

Precisely what the comment above states, I meant "from the cave" as in they can have Cave be their dedicated biome -- bad wording on my part.

Which is true for any raffle Prize/(previously "CB" so it would have to be an egg from holiday biome, like Halloween -- but nonetheless) Neglected/GoN.

image.png.bc82b580a5a6c132fad62a4b7321dd06.png

It's true for hybrids I suppose (those completely flew out of my mind), but they are, well, hybrids that come from two different breeds of parents and retain both of their features -- Vampires were never advertised as such.

You could argue that you could just bite the same holiday biome egg to make a "Cave" Vampire, but unlike NDs you would still have the "Bitten by" text -- which NDs obviously do not.

I'm not seeking to argue, but a CB egg bitten by a Vampire isn't same as a Vampire egg you could get from market/Cave/any biome because it is automatically linked to another dragon. It would be like receiving a raffle Prize only to see "descendant of [insert the link of first Prize of its type here]", complete with a link on said first Prize's page that comprises each and every "CB" that was created afterwards.

Sorry for a weird and drawn out explanation, but in my opinion true CBs are not linked to anything or anyone. Any Vampire you can create in DC right now is.

Edited by Nevemore

There's only one breed that you *have* to have it be connected to someone else's; literally zero chance of having your own cb original or breeding starters for a vamp. They're not even particularly special, since they were just a holiday release back then, and even leetle trees which were once christmas-only are now in biomes too.

39 minutes ago, Nevemore said:

a CB egg bitten by a Vampire isn't same as a Vampire egg you could get from market/Cave/any biome because it is automatically linked to another dragon. It would be like receiving a raffle Prize only to see "descendant of [insert the link of first Prize of its type here]", complete with a link on said first Prize's page that comprises each and every "CB" that was created afterwards.

Sorry for a weird and drawn out explanation, but in my opinion true CBs are not linked to anything or anyone. Any Vampire you can create in DC right now is.

i think this is a great comparison, thats exactly what i think about them. i'd like a neat and tidy, clean page that doesn't link back to any other vampire aside from the ones it has bitten itself. comparing it to prizes in the way that you did makes a lot of sense to me in describing it as purely cb

On 11/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, DragonLady86 said:

Zombies, Neglected, Tinsels, Shimmers, Sinomorphs, and GoN. Every hybrid. There are quite a few breeds that cant be found in the cave actually.

True, but consider the following:

Tinsels/Shimmers - CBs gotten via the raffle (rare, but still avaible in CB)

Zombie/Neglected - can be CB with no lineage due to mastering to turn a CB dragon

GoN/Synomorph - Summoned as a CB egg/CB adult respectively

While Zombies/Neglecteds can't breed all the others allow for being foundation members of a lineage.

As for the hybrids - they were always meant to be the result of breeding two different dragons (as with IRL hybrids), so it makes sense that there would be no CBs* of them. And breeding wise, once you get past the parents, you can have all Hybrids in it.

As such, I really don't see these breeds really being an argument against their return. As again with all of the above a player can start a lineage. Something which can't be done with the current way of getting CB vampires.

*I am aware of the CB Thuwed and Honorable Mention hybrids